Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Malfunctioning Midfield

Read 56680 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Malfunctioning Midfield
      Reply #713: Aug 03, 2023 09:05:44 am

Next season will be the Defenses turn for an over haul.

More than likely, although I do expect 1 defender to sign out of the blue either this summer or in January.

Wouldnt be surprised to hear that klopp is waiting for his no.1 choice to be available.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 2823 
      Reply #714: Aug 03, 2023 09:07:57 am

What f***in mess ? F**k sake not as if weā€™re playing a shed load of kids ffs, Lavia will come in , thatā€™s one problem solved, may even see another come in before the window shuts,

We all know JĆ¼rgen likes new blokes in early but thatā€™s not always possible, thereā€™s too much negativity in these boards, have a bit more faith, weā€™re bang on up top, weā€™ve added fresher younger legs in midfield, we have players coming back from injury a lot fresher, we have a newish system that will make us difficult to handle, we have young lads chompin at the bit, we have further additions imminent, and we have a new Captain, a new vice captain and about a million other positive things going on,

Sounds like some of you are ready to chuck the f***in towel in and we havenā€™t kicked a ball in anger yet, I canā€™t be the only f**ker excited by the changes made this summer, f***in hell even JĆ¼rgen is excited, you can here it in his voice,

Honestly, never known such negative vibes on the cusp of a new campaign, has the toxicity seeped across Stanley park from that fu**ed up club thatā€™s Championship bound , f***in sounds like it ??

YNWA

I think it's a mess to be here 3 weeks after Fabinho said he wanted to leave with no defensive midfielder signed and ready to go. That player should have been on the plane to Singapore to have a decent pre season and be ready to start against Chelsea. The F***ing about over a few million should have binned off the moment we let both Fab and Hendo go. Now we will be putting square pegs into round holes at the start of the season - might get away with it normally but it's much harder to keep up when that cheating beast that is City are around.

If that's me being negative or having a meltdown then fair enough I'm negative and having a meltdown.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #715: Aug 03, 2023 09:20:21 am
      Klopp has already said there will be more signings, so lets trust him.

Wee Bajetic and Thiago are only just back in training thats another 2 MF to add into the mix for the friendly next week I imagine, and then for Chelsea.

I agree with folk that say, lets just put trent in MF and just play a RB, Gomez or Connor Bradley.

But thats for Klopp and co. to sort out.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #716: Aug 03, 2023 09:45:05 am
      You guys recall players just drifting past Fabinho left right and centre last season right?

Some carrying on as if he was at the peak of his powers.

Yes we haven't replaced the DM, and we will I'm sure, but the stuff we've seen during pre season is just to be as likely if Fabinho was still here playing as he did for the vast majority of last season
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2023 10:00:55 am by srslfc »
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #717: Aug 03, 2023 10:44:15 am

Well F**k off and F**k Jesus another figment of youā€™re warped imagination gobs***e !!

Nah, you can be the same fool as last season living in a bubble but the lack of organisation and structure needs to be called out and addressed properly

Itā€™s people like you who supported the lack of preparation who then suddenly posters ā€œoh woooow I canā€™t believe we struggledā€ like dumbo the Elephant doing the same again here

Always the same people making the same excuses

So Jesus still got you to run your mouth like a true keyboard warrior, maybe if I say what lucifer would think of your typing young lad
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #718: Aug 03, 2023 10:45:35 am
      You guys recall players just drifting past Fabinho left right and centre last season right?

Some carrying on as if he was at the peak of his powers.

Yes we haven't replaced the DM, and we will I'm sure, but the stuff we've seen during pre season is just to be as likely if Fabinho was still here playing as he did for the vast majority of last season

We had three main weaknesses last year

Dm/dm

Cb (lack of pace mainly at times)

Rb

Iā€™m sure you would agree with the above as they cost us a lot of goals ?

Explain if any one of them have been fully addressed? Much like last season we have tried to paper over the cracks and itā€™s getting to the stage where people who donā€™t call this out are also harming the club btw 
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #719: Aug 03, 2023 10:47:14 am
      I think it's a mess to be here 3 weeks after Fabinho said he wanted to leave with no defensive midfielder signed and ready to go. That player should have been on the plane to Singapore to have a decent pre season and be ready to start against Chelsea. The F***ing about over a few million should have binned off the moment we let both Fab and Hendo go. Now we will be putting square pegs into round holes at the start of the season - might get away with it normally but it's much harder to keep up when that cheating beast that is City are around.

If that's me being negative or having a meltdown then fair enough I'm negative and having a meltdown.

Exactly this, it needs to be called but I cannot believe how many people live in a bubble on here. They really remind me of arsenal fans pretending everything was rosey(prior to last season) despite not seeing the obvious and then being shocked when they were being battered
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #720: Aug 03, 2023 10:51:28 am

Dm/dm

Rb

Explain if any one of them have been fully addressed? Much like last season we have tried to paper over the cracks and itā€™s getting to the stage where people who donā€™t call this out are also harming the club btw

So how are you going to ā€œcall it outā€

What exactly are you going to do to make sure the club does what you want ( as opposed to what Klopp wants )
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #721: Aug 03, 2023 10:55:12 am
      So how are you going to ā€œcall it outā€

What exactly are you going to do to make sure the club does what you want ( as opposed to what Klopp wants )

I canā€™t, what can I do? But people like you and billy who live in Alice and wonderland will always need to be told of the reality is clear

Complain others and I are being negative or whatever, but those people need to be called out and told with hard truths even if they throw a keyboard tantrum

We are sleep walking into another poor season and itā€™s obvious

Do you not see how bad our defence is as a team and our glaring weaknesses ?

We were easy to get at last season and nothing has changed from that to stop it from happening this season
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #722: Aug 03, 2023 10:59:27 am
      I canā€™t, what can I do? But people like you and billy who live in Alice and wonderland will always need to be told of the reality is clear

Complain others and I are being negative or whatever, but those people need to be called out and told with hard truths even if they throw a keyboard tantrum

We are sleep walking into another poor season and itā€™s obvious

Do you not see how bad our defence is as a team and our glaring weaknesses ?

We were easy to get at last season and nothing has changed from that to stop it from happening this season

And Iā€™ll just wait for the season start , take my seat and get behind the players and the manager

I have no doubt that Klopp will be looking at things and looking to make adjustments

And maybe I donā€™t think itā€™s all as doom and gloom as you
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #723: Aug 03, 2023 11:02:47 am

Dm/dm

Rb

Harming the club ;D you guys are so dramatic.

And I'm not convinced everything has been addressed but for me it's also a coaching issue as we're still setting up in a formation that we don't quite have the players for.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #724: Aug 03, 2023 11:03:37 am
      And Iā€™ll just wait for the season start , take my seat and get behind the players and the manager

I have no doubt that Klopp will be looking at things and looking to make adjustments

And maybe I donā€™t think itā€™s all as doom and gloom as you

Yeah letā€™s hope klopp can work his magic again as his financial supported is quite limited without a lot of sales as it has been before. Hopefully we can fight for 4th
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #725: Aug 03, 2023 11:04:04 am
      Yeah letā€™s hope klopp can work his magic again as his financial supported is quite limited without a lot of sales as it has been before. Hopefully we can fight for 4th

Itā€™s got nothing to do with financial support 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #726: Aug 03, 2023 11:05:10 am
      Harming the club ;D you guys are so dramatic.

And I'm not convinced everything has been addressed but for me it's also a coaching issue as we're still setting up in a formation that we don't quite have the players for.

Thereā€™s only so much you can coach of it was that simple as coaching everyone would be good as messi was

Itā€™s about physical and mental attributes which we are lacking in some positions

Last year it cost us a lot of points and the same will happen this year

The definition of insanity was once said to repeat something that has not worked previously and hope for different results

That is what we are doing this summer

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #727: Aug 03, 2023 11:06:03 am
      Itā€™s got nothing to do with financial support 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Sure it doesnā€™t

We have to work with our limitations thatā€™s clear, we canā€™t just go out and buy a quality cb, rb or dm, maybe we can get one of them and hope for the best with the rest
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #728: Aug 03, 2023 11:09:00 am
      Sure it doesnā€™t

We have to work with our limitations thatā€™s clear, we canā€™t just go out and buy a quality cb, rb or dm, maybe we can get one of them and hope for the best with the rest

Just because you think they need a rb doesnā€™t mean thatā€™s actually what Klopp thinks

There is also a very good right back being promoted through - shall we get behind him instead

Last I heard they were also bidding for a DM

And talk that a CB will be next

So maybe the point is that itā€™s better to wait until the recruitment is done and we see how the squad settles then

As opposed to every day throwing your toys about

The window isnā€™t shut , the season hasnā€™t started
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #729: Aug 03, 2023 11:10:58 am
      Thereā€™s only so much you can coach of it was that simple as coaching everyone would be good as messi was

Itā€™s about physical and mental attributes which we are lacking in some positions

Last year it cost us a lot of points and the same will happen this year

The definition of insanity was once said to repeat something that has not worked previously and hope for different results

That is what we are doing this summer

Then you don't play a system that you don't have the players for. It's not that hard to understand.

Or you do what we seem to be doing and going with it and prepared to take the negatives, i.e. concede more goals but he much more attacking.

I think JĆ¼rgen is settled on Trent inverting to CM and sorting beside a less traditional '6' of we don't have one.

It wouldn't be my choice but I'm not paid millions to coach Liverpool Football Club.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #730: Aug 03, 2023 11:11:13 am

Just because you think they need a rb doesnā€™t mean thatā€™s actually what Klopp thinks

There is also a very good right back being promoted through - shall we get behind him instead

Last I heard they were also bidding for a DM

And talk that a CB will be next

So maybe the point is that itā€™s better to wait until the recruitment is done and we see how the squad settles then

As opposed to every day throwing your toys about

The window isnā€™t shut , the season hasnā€™t started

Knock knock

The season is starting very soon

Thatā€™s the problem, this should have been done and dusted

We are nearly starting the season and have not addressed the issues of last season, how are you not understanding ?

If coaching woul have fixed it, then it would not have happened last season, because it did shows it doesnā€™t work like that

You canā€™t make matip or vvd get their pace back for example or you canā€™t suddenly coach players back into their prime

People are so oblivious on here that is scary
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #731: Aug 03, 2023 11:13:25 am
      Then you don't play a system that you don't have the players for. It's not that hard to understand.

Or you do what we seem to be doing and going with it and prepared to take the negatives, i.e. concede more goals but he much more attacking.

I think JĆ¼rgen is settled on Trent inverting to CM and sorting beside a less traditional '6' of we don't have one.

It wouldn't be my choice but I'm not paid millions to coach Liverpool Football Club.

If we donā€™t buy new players to fix our issues

Will the same happen as last season generally ?

You know the answer is yes as I can tell youā€™re on the ball around here, they were coached last season but because of a lack of physical and mental quality, it did not fix the issues

The same will happen this season unless new players are bought and they are coached to settle in our system

The issue is the season is starting and NONE of our issues are fixed from last season, the pre season games show it with same players impacting our defending in games
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #732: Aug 03, 2023 11:13:57 am
      To try and stay on topic you could make an argument that if we're to keep playing this system a LCB is an even more pressing need than DM.

We get Lavia and it doesn't fully realise this formation the way it should in my opinion as the left side is still going to play like a more traditional 4 3 3.

As someone said yesterday we could very well be talking about the malfunctioning defense this season.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #733: Aug 03, 2023 11:14:30 am
      Anyway Iā€™m not going to argue with people over this as I know some have agendas here and some donā€™t but just want to be supportive but good luck and donā€™t say it wasnā€™t said when the same issues repeat itself from last season as we are simply trying again with the same players
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #734: Aug 03, 2023 11:14:33 am
      Knock knock

The season is starting very soon

Thatā€™s the problem, this should have been done and dusted

We are nearly starting the season and have not addressed the issues of last season, how are you not understanding ?

If coaching woul have fixed it, then it would not have happened last season, because it did shows it doesnā€™t work like that

You canā€™t make matip or vvd get their pace back for example or you canā€™t suddenly coach players back into their prime

People are so oblivious on here that is scary

Are you that naĆÆve to think itā€™s that easy to get all the signings needed in nice and early

As for coaching and adjusting

How did we do for the last 12 games of the season after Klopp made some changes
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 216 
      Reply #735: Aug 03, 2023 11:15:41 am
      To try and stay on topic you could make an argument that if we're to keep playing this system a LCB is an even more pressing need than DM.

We get Lavia and it doesn't fully realise this formation the way it should in my opinion as the left side is still going to play like a more traditional 4 3 3.

As someone said yesterday we could vert well be talking about the malfunctioning defense this season.

Both are needed urgently

I mean real urgent

We need a proper dm, not jones who shouldnā€™t be in any top 4 team imo

Also a cb but we wonā€™t get one as we havenā€™t sold our existing one and I can see the response being why would we buy one when we have 5

They canā€™t be coached to be quicker at this stage

Quick Reply