Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Malfunctioning Midfield

Read 54696 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Malfunctioning Midfield
      Reply #207: Nov 30, 2021 09:06:18 am
      Could say the same about Konate, a couple of mistakes yesterday could of cost us except for Alisson bailing him out of sh*t.

The midfield's fine, crying about anything from yesterday's game makes you sound a tit in all honest. We cut them apart and they caused us very little problems, the ones you suggest were easily covered by teamates proving we're moving in the right direction.

Funny how when ali makes a save its someone elses fault, when chelseas goalie makes save thats what hes paid for and hes best in the world. ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #208: Dec 03, 2021 09:18:03 am
      If Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho are all fit, they are playing very well together with very good mixture of qualities: energy, leadership, passing, vision, experience and creativity.

Only Keita can challenge them if he's fully fit. Elliott can challenge as well but Hendo, Thiago and Fab are very good balance.

I'm happy with our midfield if all are fit.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #209: Dec 03, 2021 10:10:45 am
      If Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho are all fit, they are playing very well together with very good mixture of qualities: energy, leadership, passing, vision, experience and creativity.

Only Keita can challenge them if he's fully fit. Elliott can challenge as well but Hendo, Thiago and Fab are very good balance.

I'm happy with our midfield if all are fit.

If all three continue with what was served up at Goodison, no need to change.
      Get the games won, then rest an alternate one of the three each game. Keep the core strength for as long as possible.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #210: Jan 02, 2022 07:47:12 pm
      Put Kovacic and Kante in our midfield and we would have destroyed Chelsea today, and the league race would not have finished so early.

The lack of hard running midfielders with technical ability has been something that we somehow papered over for a while with the likes of Gini with his football brain, all the more obvious now.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #211: Jan 02, 2022 07:48:58 pm
      Thiago missed but we can’t rely on him he’s only played 50% of the games wherever he has been
      In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • I’m an arl arse
      Reply #212: Jan 02, 2022 07:50:05 pm
      Put Kovacic and Kante in our midfield and we would have destroyed Chelsea today, and the league race would not have finished so early.

The lack of hard running midfielders with technical ability has been something that we somehow papered over for a while with the likes of Gini with his football brain, all the more obvious now.
      God what I wouldn’t give for Kante in our midfield .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #213: Jan 02, 2022 08:08:00 pm

Kovacic bullied the F**k out of Hendo today.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #214: Jan 02, 2022 08:12:49 pm
      Without Thiago our midfield has looked poor far too often now.

Needs freshening up big time in the summer.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #215: Jan 03, 2022 05:26:48 am
      I'm pretty sure Kante plays 2 brilliant games a year. Both against us!!! FFS Naby should have been on from the off. They would have cancelled each other out.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #216: Jan 03, 2022 05:31:44 am
      I'm pretty sure Kante plays 2 brilliant games a year. Both against us!!! FFS Naby should have been on from the off. They would have cancelled each other out.

See, this is why I fucks with you Aussie. Spot on, mate.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #217: Jan 03, 2022 05:33:13 am
      Kovacic bullied the f**k out of Hendo today.

That dude is the real deal. His volley was perfect, unfortunately. I'd give a nut to sign him.

Need to tap up Connor Gallgher. Chelsea are going to have to sell him soon. He's bossing the prem. Palace are lost when he isn't there.

Dallas from Leeds and Bissoma from BHA are great too. All these dudes would be dope along with Fab and Kessie (he's coming to us) or Thiago (when he plays). All are proven in England and haven't peaked yet.
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2022 05:44:59 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #218: Jan 03, 2022 05:49:41 am
      That dude is the real dude. His volley was perfect, unfortunately. Isn't that dude able to leave on the free? I'd give a nut to sign him

Volley was perfect but for fucks sake, first off James gives a stupid Free Kick away that was totally unnecessary and when they were lining up the FK, I saw that Kovacic just standing there by himself and was thinking shouldn't Moe be covering him? Moe wasn't even in the F***ing picture. Think he was up on the half way line out of the picture. Fucks sake and of course that c**t hits it like that, bet he never hits one like that in his career again!! c**t

Momentum over!!!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #219: Jan 03, 2022 05:55:20 am
      Volley was perfect but for fucks sake, first off James gives a stupid Free Kick away that was totally unnecessary and when they were lining up the FK, I saw that Kovacic just standing there by himself and was thinking shouldn't Moe be covering him? Moe wasn't even in the f**king picture. Think he was up on the half way line out of the picture. Fucks sake and of course that c**t hits it like that, bet he never hits one like that in his career again!! C**t

Momentum over!!!

All things considered, it was a flawless strike. Backing off the way he did, he had to hit LITERALLY PERFECT. His technique was boss. Just wish it would've came on international duty 😄

Damn good player though.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #220: Jan 03, 2022 06:54:37 am
      It’s like these lads are scared to put their foot on the ball look up pick a pass and take on a man. Hendo is infuriating with his 1 or 2 touch options constantly.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #221: Jan 03, 2022 12:07:57 pm
      It’s like these lads are scared to put their foot on the ball look up pick a pass and take on a man. Hendo is infuriating with his 1 or 2 touch options constantly.

Good thing everyone on here last year clamoring for him to get a big extension got what they wanted. Now he's locked in for another 3 seasons.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #222: Jan 03, 2022 12:48:35 pm
      That dude is the real deal. His volley was perfect, unfortunately. I'd give a nut to sign him.

Need to tap up Connor Gallgher. Chelsea are going to have to sell him soon. He's bossing the prem. Palace are lost when he isn't there.

Dallas from Leeds and Bissoma from BHA are great too. All these dudes would be dope along with Fab and Kessie (he's coming to us) or Thiago (when he plays). All are proven in England and haven't peaked yet.

Dallas ? not for me, he’s not better than we have already, if your going to raid Leeds, I’d be going after Raphinha, he’s quality and with Jürgen’s input would make him even better,
      Bissouma maybe, he ticks all the right boxes, but I’d rather we go all out for John Mcginn at Villa, his energy and work rate is right up Klopp’s Strasse, another I would implore we go after is Billy Gilmour, what a player, this kid is way ahead of his time, his vision, low centre of gravity, balance, passing ability is frightening, he’s got world class written all over him, like Virgil, like Alisson, the finances needed to land him will be peanuts in the long term, right so now we have our mids sorted shall we discuss Haaland and how we land him too ?
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #223: Jan 03, 2022 01:24:44 pm
      Might be controversial but my choice of midfielders would be to go for Declan Rice and Renato Sanchez , both good on the ball and Sanchez does bully people too
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #224: Jan 03, 2022 02:18:55 pm
      Might be controversial but my choice of midfielders would be to go for Declan Rice and Renato Sanchez , both good on the ball and Sanchez does bully people too

Wouldn't say there's anything controversial about Rice!  Incredible player at a young age. Imagine that he wouldn't come cheap but if you look at the signing from an investment point of view there's a chance he could give us 10 years at a very high level. English too which means he'd count towards our homegrown quota
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #225: Jan 03, 2022 04:46:43 pm
      Wouldn't say there's anything controversial about Rice!  Incredible player at a young age. Imagine that he wouldn't come cheap but if you look at the signing from an investment point of view there's a chance he could give us 10 years at a very high level. English too which means he'd count towards our homegrown quota

Rice is a quality player but will cost a lot of money - if we are spending that much on a guy for the middle of the park then I would prefer it to be Bellingham - he is imo a more dynamic player and would also add a bit more goal threat
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #226: Jan 03, 2022 04:56:40 pm

Rice is a quality player but will cost a lot of money - if we are spending that much on a guy for the middle of the park then I would prefer it to be Bellingham - he is imo a more dynamic player and would also add a bit more goal threat

Rice is top quality but I agree I'd prefer Bellingham who I think will be genuinely world class.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #227: Jan 03, 2022 06:56:10 pm
      Rice is top quality but I agree I'd prefer Bellingham who I think will be genuinely world class.

Both are awesome. Both will be expensive. Both are safe long term investments. If your going to spend BIG money, these dudes are about as safe an option we could find. Would love to have either.

Bellingham would walk right into our 4-3-3. Rice could too, but wouldn't be as attacking minded. Rice an Fab in a 4-2-3-1 is enough to make any fan stiff though. Would  reate a new dynamic
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #228: Jan 03, 2022 07:03:39 pm
      Both are awesome. Both will be expensive. Both are safe long term investments. If your going to spend BIG money, these dudes are about as safe an option we could find. Would love to have either.

Bellingham would walk right into our 4-3-3. Rice could too, but wouldn't be as attacking minded. Rice an Fab in a 4-2-3-1 is enough to make any fan stiff though. Would  reate a new dynamic

With Fabinho being 28 I can’t see the club spending the £70-80mil on Rice
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #229: Jan 03, 2022 07:06:21 pm
      With Fabinho being 28 I can’t see the club spending the £70-80mil on Rice

Prolly right. He will be atleast that, if not more

Quick Reply