Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Malfunctioning Midfield

Read 54721 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Malfunctioning Midfield
      Reply #276: Apr 17, 2022 03:55:14 pm
      The Boss has managed the midfield squad brilliantly. The one point I would make is the squad could use a much more direct goal threat from midfield. The Ox has run his race, Elliott is still in the making. Jones looked at one point he would fill that hole in the squad but he hasn't really kicked on as much as I thought he would.

It's not necessarily a huge problem just think if we had that type of player it would improve the squad.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #277: Apr 18, 2022 04:16:05 pm
      Didn't want to start a new thread but just thought yesterday was the best midfield three we have and the perfect blend.

Haha, I literally came on here and was going to open a thread on the MF3 of Thiago, Fab, and Kieta. What a trio. Surely it's the one you would pick in a cup final? Hendo coming on the later stages to see it out?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #278: Apr 18, 2022 05:37:40 pm
      could anyone really point to a weakness in our squad now. Everyone is fit and to get a sniff at a starting place you need to be at it.
      Can't wait for the UTD game I think we will see another aspect of our game sheer brutality as we destroy them.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #279: Apr 18, 2022 05:57:02 pm
      could anyone really point to a weakness in our squad now. Everyone is fit and to get a sniff at a starting place you need to be at it.
      Can't wait for the UTD game I think we will see another aspect of our game sheer brutality as we destroy them.

Any chance you can go easy on me  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #280: Apr 18, 2022 09:07:21 pm
      Haha, I literally came on here and was going to open a thread on the MF3 of Thiago, Fab, and Kieta. What a trio. Surely it's the one you would pick in a cup final? Hendo coming on the later stages to see it out?

Yep, its the best three for me and as k said somewhere else Naby Keita has probably been out most consistent CM this season as well.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #281: Apr 18, 2022 09:13:52 pm

not after witnessing so much distress especially and not exclusively Wembley 1996 losing a Wembley final (which was F***ing awful anyway)
      meant a long quiet drive home.
      If we play to our best it will be an enjoyable night but a dodgy Ref or a lack of effort and anything could happen.....nah not with Jürgen in charge
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #282: Apr 18, 2022 09:24:58 pm
      not after witnessing so much distress especially and not exclusively Wembley 1996 losing a Wembley final (which was f**king awful anyway)
      meant a long quiet drive home.
      If we play to our best it will be an enjoyable night but a dodgy Ref or a lack of effort and anything could happen.....nah not with Jürgen in charge

If we play to our best don't think we can win  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #283: Apr 18, 2022 10:25:33 pm

Only if you bring the Lube Keith, it won’t matter mate, one way or the other, your getting fu**ed !!!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #284: Apr 18, 2022 10:58:02 pm
      Time to put this thread to bed.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #285: Apr 19, 2022 05:14:27 am

Only if you bring the Lube Keith, it won’t matter mate, one way or the other, your getting fu**ed !!!!

Fkn Brilliant

Suck sh*t Keith ya Manc c**t...haven't said that in a while, feels good!  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #286: Apr 19, 2022 06:38:39 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Please have mercy on me.  ;D I’ve gone for 2-0 to you lot in the hope you scouse fuckers do have a heart.  :lmao: Can I hold my breath Billy?  :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #287: Apr 19, 2022 06:41:06 am
      Fkn Brilliant

Suck sh*t Keith ya Manc C**t...haven't said that in a while, feels good!  ;D

There’s me thinking your one of my best mates on here.  :f_tongueincheek: Better get ording my coffin then, goner need it with you fcuk in lot!  :lmao: What time do I send my final wishes and who do I leave my house to?  :f_whistle:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #288: Apr 19, 2022 08:27:26 am
      You are always wrong in your thinking!!!  :lmao: :lmao:

Is the house worth anything?  :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #289: Apr 19, 2022 08:32:07 am
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Please have mercy on me.  ;D I’ve gone for 2-0 to you lot in the hope you scouse fuckers do have a heart.  :lmao: Can I hold my breath Billy?  :f_whistle:

I think you’ll find that a real problem when your getting Spit roasted at the Kop end mate, funny enough  I’ve gone for 2-0 too, in the first 20 mins, and this time I really do hope we don’t take the foot off the gas, like at OT, we could see a proper humiliation job, but fair fucks to you Keith you suck up the abuse and banter in your stride, and come back with your own, and I respect that, nice one ya Manc Cnut !!!

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #290: Apr 19, 2022 10:57:27 am

I think you’ll find that a real problem when your getting Spit roasted at the Kop end mate, funny enough  I’ve gone for 2-0 too, in the first 20 mins, and this time I really do hope we don’t take the foot off the gas, like at OT, we could see a proper humiliation job, but fair fucks to you Keith you suck up the abuse and banter in your stride, and come back with your own, and I respect that, nice one ya Manc Cnut !!!

Y  N  W  A

Yeah some of you scouse cnuts on here could learn a few things by me Billy.  :lmao: Couple of miserable fuckers ( certainly not you ) just don’t let up but that their loss.  ;D

Back on topic… Midfield still needs additions in the summer.  :f_whistle:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #291: Oct 23, 2022 11:35:17 am
      Whisper it quietly but we probably need to replace all three of our midfield position's in the next couple of windows.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #292: Oct 23, 2022 11:38:28 am
      Whisper it quietly but we probably need to replace all three of our midfield position's in the next couple of windows.

It’s the area they will look at

Maybe a younger player in during Jan , then a big player in during the summer and another the summer after

Naby i can see getting a new contract
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #293: Oct 23, 2022 11:41:14 am
      It’s the area they will look at

Maybe a younger player in during Jan , then a big player in during the summer and another the summer after

Naby i can see getting a new contract

My opinion we simply have to buy one in January.

If we revert more to a double pivot then give us a little leeway as well.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #294: Oct 23, 2022 11:44:03 am
      My opinion we simply have to buy one in January.

If we revert more to a double pivot then give us a little leeway as well.

Not sure when the Lge Cup is - two weeks ? But would like to see Bajcetic given a run out
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #295: Oct 23, 2022 11:46:26 am
      Not sure when the Lge Cup is - two weeks ? But would like to see Bajcetic given a run out

Honestly I'll be pissed of if he doesn't get a start.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #296: Oct 23, 2022 11:46:46 am

I quoted my own post so as not to appear to be highlighting others who now think so differently. 6 months later and including the summer break our squad has disintegrated into chaos and is very fragile now.  Losing the league again by another point and just not turning up at the CL whilst just about winning the two domestic cups maybe has taken its toll on confidence being so close to a perfect season.
      If we turn up against Ajax with the midfield functioning properly, we have a chance but they will rip us apart if we start with the same midfield as yesterday
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #297: Oct 23, 2022 11:52:08 am
      Wait a minute, did we play with only once DM yesterday?

I could have sworn in the games we won its been a pairing, but yesterday it was Fab by himself with Jones further up field or was he attempting to be his partner? Because if he was he did an absolute terrible job at it.

When we have performed best we have had two pulling the strings deep in midfield, right? Or am I missing something.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #298: Oct 23, 2022 11:52:33 am
      Honestly I'll be pissed of if he doesn't get a start.

The one thing he does look and that’s very mobile - something that Fabinho is lacking right now , might be worth putting him in against Leeds as well but also Naby is coming back amazingly which could help

Quick Reply