Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Malfunctioning Midfield

Read 56735 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Re: Malfunctioning Midfield
      Reply #598: Apr 03, 2023 07:55:45 pm
      Agreed, sad isn’t it 🤷‍♂️

Very -we used to get praise for bringing in players on good fees , now it’s all about spending more
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #599: Apr 03, 2023 08:04:41 pm
      Very -we used to get praise for bringing in players on good fees , now it’s all about spending more

So how much do you think will be brought in by sales…
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #600: Apr 03, 2023 08:07:45 pm
      So how much do you think will be brought in by sales…

Prob about £50mil

Phillips
      Kelleher and Matip plus some youngsters
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #601: Apr 03, 2023 08:10:20 pm
      As little as 150?  that will be a surprise, can’t see you landing Bellingham then. It would be a big mistake if you only have 150 million to spend presuming he’s going to cost at least 100 million.

Plus sales? Maybe max 50 million?

Maybe the sales will be more than you think . Let's not forget only Naby and Ox definates . As I have said before do not be surprised to see others go and in that case Sales will be nearer 100m
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #602: Apr 03, 2023 08:24:22 pm
      Maybe the sales will be more than you think . Let's not forget only Naby and Ox definates . As I have said before do not be surprised to see others go and in that case Sales will be nearer 100m

Yeah course they could that was just my thinking on what players you’ll get money for. Obviously the more players that go the better. Not forgetting the give aways which will reduce your wage bill. You’ll get fcuk all for Ox.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #603: Apr 03, 2023 08:29:47 pm
      Yeah course they could that was just my thinking on what players you’ll get money for. Obviously the more players that go the better. Not forgetting the give aways which will reduce your wage bill. You’ll get fcuk all for Ox.

What I saw  Ox do on Saturday I don't want him anywhere near again and can gladly disappear for nowt
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #604: Apr 04, 2023 12:06:55 pm
      On another note. We won two domestic cups last season, and were 1 point and 1 goal away from an unprecedented quad.

Incredibly, with this same squad of players.
       So had we completed the quad, does anyone think this season may have turned out any different ?

Would confidence and belief have been any higher ?

Or would we be in the same position as we are now ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #605: Apr 04, 2023 01:17:42 pm
      What do you call plenty? I think 250 million total with sales out.

Or North of that if you really want to make a statement, can’t see FSG spunking that amount but whatever it is it has to be enough to make us competitive, so probably looking at having to dig deeper than at any other time during their tenure,

I keep reverting back to how I think FSG have got it  arse about tit, for me you build a side, a winning side that in itself will generate the funds to do other things like bricks and mortar, we are after all a FOOTBALL club not a Construction Company,

I don’t buy that Anfield was in a dilapidated state that needed lots of TLC, but recognise that we would either have to build new or extend, FSG took the cheapest option and that’s no slur, I’m happy we stayed, however, I Would have much preferred using the same financial structure that brought about the new stand & Annie Rd buying top drawer players and then look at bricks & mortar subsequently??
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #606: Apr 04, 2023 01:33:10 pm
      On another note. We won two domestic cups last season, and were 1 point and 1 goal away from an unprecedented quad.

Incredibly, with this same squad of players.
       So had we completed the quad, does anyone think this season may have turned out any different ?

Would confidence and belief have been any higher ?

Or would we be in the same position as we are now ?

probably turn out just the same. the injuries would still have happened, everyone knackered.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #607: Apr 04, 2023 03:32:11 pm
      probably turn out just the same. the injuries would still have happened, everyone knackered.

More than likely, last season’s last hurrah was indeed the last hurrah for this particular version of Jürgen’s mentality monsters, they effectively and collectively burnt themselves out leaving behind a ghost of a side devoid of spirit, energy, passion or fight, it’s a long road back perhaps as long as two years before we can savour another elite Klopp squad, this summer should go a long way in reducing the time that could take, but we will see, we could be looking at 5 or 6 coming in and at least 4 going the other way?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #608: Apr 04, 2023 03:33:02 pm

But I'm sure moral and confidence would have been much higher. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #609: Apr 04, 2023 03:36:56 pm

More than likely, last season’s last hurrah was indeed the last hurrah for this particular version of Jürgen’s mentality monsters, they effectively and collectively burnt themselves out leaving behind a ghost of a side devoid of spirit, energy, passion or fight, it’s a long road back perhaps as long as two years before we can savour another elite Klopp squad, this summer should go a long way in reducing the time that could take, but we will see, we could be looking at 5 or 6 coming in and at least 4 going the other way?

And with new players, do you think Jürgen will stick with his 'high line, gengen press' strategy, or do you think he'll change tactics somewhat, considering the high line has been compromised somewhat this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #610: Apr 04, 2023 04:15:13 pm
      But I'm sure moral and confidence would have been much higher. 

true, but the bodys would still have been broken. l o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #611: Apr 04, 2023 04:15:45 pm

I think we could see a lot more leaving.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #612: Apr 04, 2023 04:55:08 pm

And with new players, do you think Jürgen will stick with his 'high line, gengen press' strategy, or do you think he'll change tactics somewhat, considering the high line has been compromised somewhat this season.

Anyone’s guess that mate, new players different skill sets, new philosophy etc, think we’ve seen the beginnings of a new concept but we’ll need the energy and drive for it to develop, it’s clear he wants to retain a high line since we have Diaz, Nunez, Jota & Mo as attacking options, Gakpo coming in for me is Bobby’s replacement, the emergence of Bacjetic is a bonus, no one expected him to settle so well, we also have Tyler Morton to consider and other young lads who will enhance the squad, Doak, Musialowski, Connor Bradley, Oakley Cannonier, remember him ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #613: Apr 09, 2023 10:41:33 pm
      If we're going to try Trent in the 6 or as a double 6' as Jürgen said then why not just play him there and play a RB as well?

Drop Henderson and play Trent and Fabinho or Thiago with Gomez at RB.

Konate is not the man to cover CB and RB whole Trent plays in midfield for me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #614: Apr 12, 2023 01:09:00 pm
      Reading/hearing only two midfielders ( if true ) being brought in? Surely has to be least 3 if not 4?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #615: Apr 12, 2023 01:15:54 pm
      Reading/hearing only two midfielders ( if true ) being brought in? Surely has to be least 3 if not 4?

I think two is fine.
      Bajcetic will add more competition.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #616: Apr 12, 2023 01:18:19 pm
      I think two is fine.
      Bajcetic will add more competition.

Not enough.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #617: Apr 12, 2023 01:20:52 pm

Hendo and Thiago ageing and injury prone, OX,NAby,Milner finished Curtis needs to go so two is a joke.
      We are favourites for the 2023/24 Morality Cup though
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #618: Apr 12, 2023 01:27:52 pm
      Hendo and Thiago ageing and injury prone, OX,NAby,Milner finished Curtis needs to go so two is a joke.
      We are favourites for the 2023/24 Morality Cup though

Morality Cup? Suppose it’s better than that Conference league one.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #619: Apr 12, 2023 01:31:34 pm
      Morality Cup? Suppose it’s better than that Conference league one.  ;D

when we finish 5th or 6th it will be an improvement on this year and we can say we did it the sporting way.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #620: Apr 12, 2023 01:33:07 pm
      when we finish 5th or 6th it will be an improvement on this year and we can say we did it the sporting way.

Sporting way! Bloody hell Walt sounds desperate

Quick Reply