Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Malfunctioning Midfield

Read 54786 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Malfunctioning Midfield
      Reply #621: Apr 12, 2023 01:46:44 pm

Depends who the two areā€¦.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #622: Apr 12, 2023 04:42:57 pm

Well rumour mill has both the Brighton lads being targeted

Ā£140mil for Mcallister and Caicedo
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #623: Apr 12, 2023 04:44:21 pm

Please God - my hopes would be renewed quite significantly if those two came in.

(Can Brighton become our new Southamption please...)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #624: Apr 12, 2023 04:46:21 pm
      Please God - my hopes would be renewed quite significantly if those two came in.

https://twitter.com/anfieldedition/status/1646152901000155138?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

https://twitter.com/anfieldedition/status/1646153098786635776?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

No idea who Morretto is

Maybe those two plus a Mount 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #625: Apr 12, 2023 04:47:23 pm
      Clearly we will bring in minimum 2 players to replace the ox & Naby in the squad, possibly 3.

so if its 3xĀ£50mill lads instead of 1 Ā£150mill lad, then it makes sense all round.

no.1 priority for the lads is, please dont be made of glass. l o l
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #626: Apr 12, 2023 04:53:16 pm
      Clearly we will bring in minimum 2 players to replace the ox & Naby in the squad, possibly 3.

so if its 3xĀ£50mill lads instead of 1 Ā£150mill lad, then it makes sense all round.

Or we could bring in Jude and a couple of 50m players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #627: Apr 12, 2023 06:01:35 pm

Just as important to consider how dropping Keita and Chamberlain from the squad frees up the wage bill.

Jeeze, I've not given much thought to it but there is a monumental failing there in Keita being unable to stake his claim in a midfield that has misfired badly. Likewise for Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott - huge question marks hang over their ability and potential in their failings to break into a broken midfield. We can talk about injury all we like but (for Keita and Jones especially) that's even more reason to consider getting shot of them.

An almighty cock up and I can't wait for the season to end. I can say honestly that I don't want European football for Liverpool next season. Firstly, it would re-calibrate a squad towards a sensible schedule, away from one that has overplayed immensely the last few years. Secondly, we can only make another challenge in Europe if we get our domestic priorities in order. I  fear / hate the prospect of spending the autumn / winter of this year playing in the Europa Conference League.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #628: Apr 12, 2023 06:04:29 pm
      Or we could bring in Jude and a couple of 50m players.

Possibly.  If the cash is there.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #629: Apr 12, 2023 06:05:56 pm
      Just as important to consider how dropping Keita and Chamberlain from the squad frees up the wage bill.

Jeeze, I've not given much thought to it but there is a monumental failing there in Keita being unable to stake his claim in a midfield that has misfired badly. Likewise for Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott - huge question marks hang over their ability and potential in their failings to break into a broken midfield. We can talk about injury all we like but (for Keita and Jones especially) that's even more reason to consider getting shot of them.

An almighty cock up and I can't wait for the season to end. I can say honestly that I don't want European football for Liverpool next season. Firstly, it would re-calibrate a squad towards a sensible schedule, away from one that has overplayed immensely the last few years. Secondly, we can only make another challenge in Europe if we get our domestic priorities in order. I  fear / hate the prospect of spending the autumn / winter of this year playing in the Europa Conference League.

Yup a lit of wages being freed up.

Can't say elliot hasn't broken inton1st team he was only player to play every game this season until last game. I think
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #630: Apr 12, 2023 06:06:09 pm
      FSG/club were happy to take all the plaudits about being so well run and having the best Transfer policy in the league or possibly Europe yet here we are heading for no CL next season all due to the complete implosion of the recruitment strategy.
      We now also now have to accept we cannot offer top players CL games next season which will also restrict the pool of players available and if CL teams come in for players we are in for then we are in trouble.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #631: Apr 12, 2023 06:07:49 pm
      Possibly.  If the cash is there.

The one possiblity is that Bellingham doesnā€™t go anywhere yet - he still has a couple year left on his contract, he apparently isnā€™t interested in going to a pure money club ( city , psg , Chelsea )

So there is a chance that we bring in a couple of mids this summer - and then look at Bellingham in the future .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #632: Apr 12, 2023 06:17:53 pm
      The one possiblity is that Bellingham doesnā€™t go anywhere yet - he still has a couple year left on his contract, he apparently isnā€™t interested in going to a pure money club ( city , psg , Chelsea )

So there is a chance that we bring in a couple of mids this summer - and then look at Bellingham in the future .

How do you know he's apparently not interested in going to a "pure money club"? Did he tell you that? Or are you just speculating?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #633: Apr 12, 2023 06:51:41 pm

Keita will be the one big blot on the recruitment books

He clearly has all the ability needed to be a key player in the middle for us but the desire just isnā€™t there , feels every niggle and no reliability - arrived with a lot and when he did play he was excellent- he will thrive back in Germany

Ox imo I feel sorry for as injuries robbed him of a career with us that should have had more highlights , hopefully he can rescue it with a mid table team

Jones - I still think Klopp likes him and itā€™s been a case of sorting out this strange injury he has had - he will play more until the end of the season
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #634: Apr 12, 2023 08:18:02 pm

Not to p!ss on anyoneā€™s pot ( well maybe a little 😂 ) but United also been linked with the said  two players. Not that I believe what I read though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2741 
      Reply #635: Apr 12, 2023 08:23:16 pm
      Yup a lit of wages being freed up.

Can't say elliot hasn't broken inton1st team he was only player to play every game this season until last game. I think

Elliott has played a fair bit but hasn't really made himself a 'must pick' in that midfield which is a bit concerning when considering form/fitness in that area this season. I'd say Bajcetic in two months became more important for us than Elliott. I don't think his future is in CM under the Klopp system and he doesn't have the pace for out wide so I'm not really where he fits in long term. Similar to Carvalho.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #636: Apr 12, 2023 08:39:08 pm

Would much rather have signed them two years ago for about 15m combined  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #637: Apr 13, 2023 08:24:21 am
      Not to p!ss on anyoneā€™s pot ( well maybe a little 😂 ) but United also been linked with the said  two players. Not that I believe what I read though.

As will others too, like Spuds, Toon, canā€™t rule out the Fraudsters either, typically for column inches or exclusivity the media will pimp out players names hoping they land at one of the clubs they happen to mentioned,

Maybe in a week or two James Maddison will pop up, or James Ward Prowse, and the tale of woe will continue throughout summer,

The two lads from Brighton Iā€™m not so sure if they indeed could step up another level, are they really better than what we already have, Bacjetic, Morton eg; ok less experienced maybe but JĆ¼rgen knows both better than those Brighton boys, and their capabilities, I wouldnā€™t be at all surprised if ā€˜Aā€™ big name came in and joined those two young lads as part of the plan,

Would say a John McGynn excite anyone for example, and Iā€™m sure thereā€™s ones we fans would never consider but maybe JĆ¼rgen would/does,

Itā€™s all the usual speculation, mostly bullshit we read about, hear about every dawn of a summer window, this especially when we know itā€™s a massive window this time around !!

YNWA

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #638: Apr 13, 2023 08:36:12 am

As will others too, like Spuds, Toon, canā€™t rule out the Fraudsters either, typically for column inches or exclusivity the media will pimp out players names hoping they land at one of the clubs they happen to mentioned,

Maybe in a week or two James Maddison will pop up, or James Ward Prowse, and the tale of woe will continue throughout summer,

The two lads from Brighton Iā€™m not so sure if they indeed could step up another level, are they really better than what we already have, Bacjetic, Morton eg; ok less experienced maybe but JĆ¼rgen knows both better than those Brighton boys, and their capabilities, I wouldnā€™t be at all surprised if ā€˜Aā€™ big name came in and joined those two young lads as part of the plan,

Would say a John McGynn excite anyone for example, and Iā€™m sure thereā€™s ones we fans would never consider but maybe JĆ¼rgen would/does,

Itā€™s all the usual speculation, mostly bullshit we read about, hear about every dawn of a summer window, this especially when we know itā€™s a massive window this time around !!

YNWA

Maddison &  James Ward-Prowse good shouts, especially the latter I really like him. Thing is to many of you lot read Tw@tter and all it does is mess with your minds. I tried to join it years ago when it first came out but fcuked up my setting thank god so just left it..

The amount of post you lads put on here all from Tw@tter  should be moderated.   :D I swear it does you no good but just cabbages everyoneā€™s heads. Personally Iā€™d ban all Tw@tter post on here, trust me it would be a better place coz many of you fighting/gossip/toxic /arguments in your own house. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø itā€™s not good for the forum.

Just my take on Tw@tter. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #639: Apr 13, 2023 08:42:01 am

Don't just see why we put in bids for them ( will be fake of course), then see who they would replace those 2 players with, then go buy them instead!  :lmao:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #640: Apr 13, 2023 08:51:25 am
      3 goals and 4 assists from our midfield all season tells the story
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #641: Apr 13, 2023 09:00:44 am
      How do you know he's apparently not interested in going to a "pure money club"? Did he tell you that? Or are you just speculating?

the same journos have been saying it, that say the deal is over. l o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #642: Apr 13, 2023 09:02:34 am
      Elliott has played a fair bit but hasn't really made himself a 'must pick' in that midfield which is a bit concerning when considering form/fitness in that area this season. I'd say Bajcetic in two months became more important for us than Elliott. I don't think his future is in CM under the Klopp system and he doesn't have the pace for out wide so I'm not really where he fits in long term. Similar to Carvalho.

tbh. Im not sure personally, but klopp has been picking him a lot.

Carvalho just needs time, or a loan?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #643: Apr 13, 2023 09:04:06 am
      3 goals and 4 assists from our midfield all season tells the story

The sort of criticism thatā€™s been labelled at them for years anyway

What they were good at was protecting , pressing , recycling to allow the creators to work and thatā€™s whatā€™s been missing

Quick Reply