Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre Match : Leicester City v Liverpool : Sept 23rd 17.30

Read 7902 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Pre Match : Leicester City v Liverpool : Sept 23rd 17.30
      Reply #46: Sep 22, 2017 12:27:53 pm
      This isn't a criticism of you, Billy, it really isn't because I'm in the same boat all things considered, but the fact anyone is 'happy' with a 0-0 away to Leicester shows just how far expections as supporters have fallen as a result of just how little faith any of us have in this mediocre squad of ours.

Maybe my choice of the word "happy" was wrong, more "content" than anything.
      Either way it is, as you say 5times a reflection of how the faith levels in our team to grind out a result have dropped this season so far.
      I'd love us to beat this shithouse team tomorrow and I'll be screaming my support during the game just like we all will.
      The reality is we are in the third week of September with a number of injury issues across the defence and we have a trip to Moscow mid week followed by a trip up to Newcastle next weekend and we need to get our sh*t together quick !

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #47: Sep 22, 2017 01:11:04 pm
      Maybe my choice of the word "happy" was wrong, more "content" than anything.
      Either way it is, as you say 5times a reflection of how the faith levels in our team to grind out a result have dropped this season so far.
      I'd love us to beat this shithouse team tomorrow and I'll be screaming my support during the game just like we all will.
      The reality is we are in the third week of September with a number of injury issues across the defence and we have a trip to Moscow mid week followed by a trip up to Newcastle next weekend and we need to get our sh*t together quick !

I completely understood, and like I said, I too would be content with a draw, all things considered. The criticism is of our squad's lack of quality, not in the post. The saddest thing is that Klopp turned doubters into believers and has subsequently turned believers right back into doubters because of his obsession with training over buying proven quality. He now has a job on his hands to reverse that trend and turn us all back into believers again. This weekend would be a good place to start.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #48: Sep 22, 2017 01:22:29 pm
      I think we may just sneak this one.

Migs

TAA      Gomez    Matip   Robertson

Can    Hendo

Coutinho

Salah                             Firmino

Sturridge

C'mon lads :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #49: Sep 22, 2017 04:48:27 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Sep 22, 2017 06:31:05 pm
      I like JD's team, but I doubt he'll drop Hendo.

I think he'll give Matip a few more days to recovery and use him in the CL game. Should be Joe and Raggy at center back.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #51: Sep 22, 2017 06:56:39 pm
      I like JD's team, but I doubt he'll drop Hendo.

I think he'll give Matip a few more days to recovery and use him in the CL game. Should be Joe and Raggy at center back.

Agreed - also think he'll revert to form with Bertie at LB.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #52: Sep 23, 2017 05:31:20 am
      Need all 3pts to prevent this turning into some sort of crisis.

We have to get back to winning ways by hook or by crook.

Massive game now and the pressure is on to halt this win-less run.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #53: Sep 23, 2017 09:40:07 am
      Coutinho back pulling the strings, an early goal, they have to come out and bish bosh boom... we'll eat them.

In my head anyhow. 😎
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #54: Sep 23, 2017 09:40:55 am
      3 points please reds,don't really care how you get them either.
      I know it's early days but we need to nip this winless run in the bud sooner rather than later & stop the rot.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #55: Sep 23, 2017 10:06:48 am
      Might try something different and get utterly wankered before watching the game tonight!

I never generally mix fitba and alcohol........other than the time I bumped into WAHS in Slug & Lettuce like ;)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #56: Sep 23, 2017 10:07:51 am
      We need this win so much! Reds go and get it please any way!
      jasnalder
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #57: Sep 23, 2017 10:38:01 am
      Travelling to the game today, anyone have any idea of travelling time? Starting from the Wirral
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #58: Sep 23, 2017 10:41:40 am
      Travelling to the game today, anyone have any idea of travelling time? Starting from the Wirral

Bit late to be asking that. Have you tried doing some research yourself?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #59: Sep 23, 2017 11:12:34 am

Allow 4 hrs min to get through all the fecking road works !
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #60: Sep 23, 2017 11:25:19 am
      Looks as though Sturridge could start again in the league after reading this:

After overlooking him for most of last season, JĂźrgen Klopp claims Daniel Sturridge is now a vital part of his Liverpool plan.

Klopp rested Sturridge in midweek to keep him fresh for Saturday’s return trip to Leicester — after the midweek League Cup defeat there — in a sign of his new status.

The England striker’s Anfield fortunes have revived after it looked like he might leave because of his lack of opportunities. He made just seven league starts last season, with Klopp saying he had to learn the difference between injuries that were real and imagined.

Instead, fellow frontman Divock Origi went out on loan and Sturridge has asserted his position ahead of newcomer Dominic Solanke and fit-again Danny Ings in the pecking order.

Klopp spoke to Sturridge in the summer and insists he never wanted the former Chelsea hitman to go.

“Yes, we did talk and it was good,” said Klopp. “It was not a talk of him saying, ‘When can I go?’ or, ‘Where can I go?’ Not that talk, but about what we planned for this season.

“It is not he COULD be important. He IS important. But in the end, I have 11 players and stuff like this.

“We are fine.”

Sturridge is valuable to Klopp as he tries to plug the sizeable hole left in his attack created by Sadio Mane’s suspension — the Senegalese flyer completes his three-match ban with this game.

The German should also appreciate Sturridge’s worth because he is the best natural finisher at the club at a time when Liverpool’s wastefulness in front of goal is costing them dear.

Despite often looking like a round peg in a square hole in his system, Klopp says his only ever issue with Sturridge has been his fitness.

He claims he is playing more now because he is finally fully fit and able to train properly

“He’s always getting better because he can train all the time,” said Klopp.

“We decided not to take him to Leicester [in midweek] and that was a responsible decision. We would have taken him, but he would not have started. Maybe he would have had 10 minutes, 30 minutes or extra-time.

“But then we decided it was better to stay here and train twice, because he can get better physically.

Klopp is bidding to avoid a fourth defeat at the King Power Stadium in just 19 months, but he rejected talk of it being Liverpool’s bogey ground.

He could never win at Hamburg when he was Borussia Dortmund boss and was determined to be positive in the wake of Liverpool’s four-game winless run at Leicester, insisting their awful form there has to end some time.

“If you lose somewhere, it’s more likely that you will then win at some point,” he argued.

“It’s about performing. I don’t believe in bad places to go. If you think too much like that, then it can be like that.

“Dortmund won yesterday at Hamburg. When I was there we never won there one time and after my time they had a bad record.

“Obviously it changed. That’s how it is. Things can always change. I don’t believe in things like this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/klopp-insists-sturridge-vital-role-11219933

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #61: Sep 23, 2017 11:29:05 am
      I want a win - at the moment any win will do,

ideally one where we put away our early chances, refine from 193939 shots from 30 yards and where the defenders stand up to be counted and don't buckle under pressure.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #62: Sep 23, 2017 11:38:21 am
      The team I expect: 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

Mignolet

TAA
      Matip
      Klavan
      Robertson

Henderson.
      Wijnaldum.

Salah.
      Coutinho.
      Firmino.

Sturridge.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #63: Sep 23, 2017 12:18:36 pm
      The team I expect: 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

Mignolet

TAA
      Matip
      Klavan
      Robertson

Henderson.
      Wijnaldum.

Salah.
      Coutinho.
      Firmino.

Sturridge.

I'd go with that. I said after the Tuesday game that if Sturridge was playing he would of lapped up those crosses that Robertson was putting in. If Robertson and Sturridge start and Robertson is allowed the same amount of space as the last game then I'm expecting a win today.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #64: Sep 23, 2017 12:41:39 pm
      I'd go with that. I said after the Tuesday game that if Sturridge was playing he would of lapped up those crosses that Robertson was putting in. If Robertson and Sturridge start and Robertson is allowed the same amount of space as the last game then I'm expecting a win today.

If your expecting a win rather than hoping. Nip down to Corals, they offering 25/1 for a Liverpool win !
      Clearly don't give us a chance. 😳
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #65: Sep 23, 2017 12:42:50 pm
      Can has been declared fit, matip has slight hammy and lovren still a doubt as well

So good news then  ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #66: Sep 23, 2017 12:48:13 pm

If your expecting a win rather than hoping. Nip down to Corals, they offering 25/1 for a Liverpool win !
      Clearly don't give us a chance. 😳

Seriously?

That's mental based on a pishy two weeks.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #67: Sep 23, 2017 01:20:25 pm

Injured players are never good news whether you rate them or not
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #68: Sep 23, 2017 02:40:14 pm
      Seriously?

That's mental based on a pishy two weeks.

Not mental, we're in sh*t form.

Quick Reply