Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre Match : Leicester City v Liverpool : Sept 23rd 17.30

Read 7871 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Re: Pre Match : Leicester City v Liverpool : Sept 23rd 17.30
      Reply #23: Sep 21, 2017 07:35:46 pm
      We have a lot of first XIers back, but so do Leicester.
      Will be a tough game.

Migs
        Gomez Matip Klavan
       TAA  Gini Hendo Moreno
                Coutinho
             Salah Firmino

^assumes Matip will be OK (or Lovren in for Matip, surely one will play). Still a good idea to move Sakho and Lucas on?! :(
      Stick another CB in there to get the CBs closer together, the FBs are already playing like wing backs anyway.
      Try to get Hendo little futher up, instead of picking the ball up between the CBs, move forward a little, get tackles in but be positive when you have the ball.
      Coutinho in the middle cause we need his influence there. Anyone thinks Woodburn can step in for Cou reckon has Wales tinted specs.
      Salah and Firmino up top. If play Studge, Bob ends up on the wing and vanishes. Don't think Studge has looked sharp, and tho thought Solanke looked good preseason, little disappointed with him on Tues, but hopefully he can sharpen up in the Cup comps (ooops).

They will look to expose us at the back. Who wouldn't. Think Klopp needs to try something a bit diff, or could struggle badly back there again against them.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #24: Sep 21, 2017 08:03:40 pm
      Ward
      TAA Gomez Klavan Robertson
      Mily Hendo Gini
      Salah Coutinho
      Bobby

SMH this could be very bad HAHA. Lets hope Mo and Bobby do a better job at getting on to the end of those crosses better than Solanke did.. We will need at least 3 goals to get a point in this one.  :mad:
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #25: Sep 21, 2017 08:15:10 pm
      So we'll line up with the same defence that let in two goals against their B team only now they'll also have Vardy and Mahrez.. 9th richest team in the world and we field an inexperienced kid and a 4mil guy from Estonia :throw:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,230 posts | 6356 
      Reply #26: Sep 21, 2017 08:31:11 pm
      Already feeling pessimistic about our chances this early into the season. Sad state of affairs but I just don’t see how we beat anyone if we aren’t scoring at least 2 and probably 3 every game.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #27: Sep 21, 2017 08:51:04 pm

Oh ffs was never good at maths😉

Thought Matip was out, anyhoo drop the Ox and hope for the best I'm guessing, is this our January from last season?

YNWA
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #28: Sep 21, 2017 08:58:13 pm
      If Matip and Lovren (and Can) are all out, might see 19 year old Conor Masterson, 20 year old Corey Whelan or 20-year old Nate Phillips on the bench.

Last game of Sadio's suspension at least.

Well in that case we may even the game.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #29: Sep 21, 2017 08:59:40 pm
      I might have picked it up wrong but what I thought I heard at the presser was that Lovren has an issue that's ongoing and flared up after last appearance and he couldn't train.

Matip and Can are also carrying knocks - but I thought the more negative perspective was on Dejan......did I get that totally wrong?

I was working from home at the time like 😳

How is it negative when Loveren does not play? To me that is very positive.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30: Sep 21, 2017 09:00:11 pm
      Can has been declared fit, matip has slight hammy and lovren still a doubt as well
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #31: Sep 21, 2017 09:02:00 pm
      Back to basics for me this one.
      We have to just stand tall and focus on protecting our goal for the whole 90 minutes.
      Can't afford to go 3 up top for this one, two at best.
      Park one of our buses for a change and look to get it up to Salah and Bobby super quick when we get the chance.

Not sure whether that Gray character they've got on the left wing was brilliant because Flannagan was so sh*t or whether he'll get the nod to start, but if he does, Gomez or TAA will need to get tight on him.

Vardy will try every trick in the book to influence the ref, he's a little tw*t so we've just gotta expect it, Their two centre halves will throw themselves at everything it's whether our lot have got the bottle to battle this one out.

What I'd be happy with is a 0-0
      What I don't want is a 0-4 embarrassment
      What I believe we're capable of is a 4-0 symphony in football.

I shouldn't be feeling this way in the middle of September >:(

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #32: Sep 21, 2017 09:03:19 pm
      How is it negative when Loveren does not play? To me that is very positive.

:)

I meant prognosis.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #33: Sep 21, 2017 10:27:24 pm

Looking forward to my Liverpool debut Saturday. I firmly believe I will deal better with Vardy's pace and everything else Leicester have to offer ahead of Klavan.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #34: Sep 21, 2017 11:30:55 pm
      Back to basics for me this one.
      We have to just stand tall and focus on protecting our goal for the whole 90 minutes.
      Can't afford to go 3 up top for this one, two at best.
      Park one of our buses for a change and look to get it up to Salah and Bobby super quick when we get the chance.

Not sure whether that Gray character they've got on the left wing was brilliant because Flannagan was so sh*t or whether he'll get the nod to start, but if he does, Gomez or TAA will need to get tight on him.

Vardy will try every trick in the book to influence the ref, he's a little tw*t so we've just gotta expect it, Their two centre halves will throw themselves at everything it's whether our lot have got the bottle to battle this one out.

What I'd be happy with is a 0-0
      What I don't want is a 0-4 embarrassment
      What I believe we're capable of is a 4-0 symphony in football.

I shouldn't be feeling this way in the middle of September >:(

happy with 0-0??? good grief...
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #35: Sep 21, 2017 11:36:29 pm
      This is what I would like to see. Obviously not going to happen and I think bar injuries / Mane's suspension, we'll see the usual eleven or something predictable with Milner / Can in midfield again.

Right now I don't want to see Can anywhere near the starting eleven. If he can't be bothered to do his defensive duties, he can sit on the bench.

Gomez ahead of TAA for this one. After Tuesday and Klopp's comments, he should be focused and hopefully wants to prove himself again. Offers slightly more defensively, which we need right now and actually, I don't think he's all that bad offensively.

Call me crazy, but my initial thought was to play Woodburn in midfield and Coutinho on the left. Of the players fit, I think he's closest to Lallana in terms skillset.  He showed plenty of times Tuesday he can easily beat someone on the turn, with one touch or a drop of the shoulder. He's good in tight areas, composed on the ball, has an eye for a pass and knows how to strike a ball. Just a very intelligent player. The only problem he had on Tuesday was that every time he beat a Leicester player, he didn't have someone to play off.

My only worry would be the physicality of the Leicester team. He sometimes gets pushed off the ball a bit too easily (he had that problem against Stoke too last season), which is pretty normal for a 17 year old lad. Decided to put him on the left where he'll have a little more time on the ball. Coutinho would certainly find Woodburn's clever runs and he can pull the strings in midfield.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #36: Sep 22, 2017 12:35:17 am

yeah, It's a point on the board against a shithouse team at a shithouse ground.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Sep 22, 2017 12:51:32 am
      coyr, we go again
      yeah, It's a point on the board against a shithouse team at a shithouse ground.

coyr, we go again

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #38: Sep 22, 2017 05:45:14 am

Don't know whether that's a blessing or not.

Klopp has made the exact same mistake again this summer as he did in January.

The bloke wouldn't be sitting at the back of my class, he'd be at the front.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #39: Sep 22, 2017 07:01:17 am
      We could play the same back 5 due to injuries. I didn't think the defence played that bad the other night, it was cover from midfield that was lacking.

now we have stopped scoring, we are in trouble. Cleansheets are like haleys comet.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #40: Sep 22, 2017 09:24:18 am
      Well I hadus down for 1-2 in the predictions, but sorry to say I've changed to 2-2.
      Just can't see our back line / midfield holding out against a bit of decent pace, although I think we are capable of scoring against these with a full side out.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #41: Sep 22, 2017 09:38:48 am
      I just think regardless of what defence we put out, the first goal will be vital.
      If we score first, we should be more confident and potentially play better, however if Leicester score first, it has the potential to cause another meltdown...unfortunately such is the fragile nature of our team at present.

Top priority in Jan or next season...a "Leader" to give this group some direction and belief. With that, this same group are capable of brushing aside all the teams in the league.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #42: Sep 22, 2017 09:49:29 am
      Not looking forward with this defense...Can't see us winning without mane. Hope Hendo will not start.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #43: Sep 22, 2017 10:04:23 am

I'm guessing you'd be happier with a defeat, giving our state at the moment id chop Vardy's cock off for a 0-0

Clean sheet away from home and a point to boot ain't too shabby for us considering!

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #44: Sep 22, 2017 10:52:39 am
      Just for this game until Mane is back I would like us to sit back and play on the counter, surely as the home team they are not going to just pass it along they're backline for 90mins.

To F**k with the 9 players transitioned in their box and one long ball in the Chanel to Vardy sucker punch.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #45: Sep 22, 2017 10:55:23 am

I'm guessing you'd be happier with a defeat, giving our state at the moment id chop Vardy's cock off for a 0-0

Clean sheet away from home and a point to boot ain't too shabby for us considering!

YNWA

This isn't a criticism of you, Billy, it really isn't because I'm in the same boat all things considered, but the fact anyone is 'happy' with a 0-0 away to Leicester shows just how far expections as supporters have fallen as a result of just how little faith any of us have in this mediocre squad of ours.

Quick Reply