Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (1.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      17 (16.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      57 (55.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      10 (9.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      6 (5.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Sep 27, 2017 07:32:08 pm

Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31824 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Sep 23, 2017 10:40:53 pm

Thought his nickname was Bertie?  ;D

Totally agree mate! He wasn't having any of it from Steptoe was he.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #553: Sep 23, 2017 10:44:56 pm
      Its just that you are not used to someone who reads the game as well as me...I'll give you the benefit...

You gave Henderson and Mignolet the same rating. You have donkey brains.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #554: Sep 23, 2017 10:49:18 pm
      8. Migs for parrying a soft shot straight into the danger zone.

Just re watched it on the ITV News - jesus it was a sh*t attempt at a save. A good keeper puts it over the bar. But only Mignolet can conspire to flop it into the path of one of the league's most prolific strikers.

Just for those that thought Moreno had anything less than an excellent game, here are his stats:

Defending:

5 Clearances
      1 Blocked Shot
      2 Interceptions
      2 Tackles

Passing:

78%
      3 Key passes

Tackling:

9 duels 5 won
      Dispossessed 0 times
      Was fouled 2 times

Anyone thinking that performance by Alby was even close to below average are doing the lad a complete disservice. As is said so many times, credit where it's due, the lad is putting in a great run of performances and he capped it off today with giving Vardy a proper mouthful after the dirty little c**t went in studs up for a ball he had no right and no chance of winning. That alone scores you points in my book.

Well in Alby!

Terrific that. Credit where credit's due - he was really good and certainly proved why Klopp is putting so much faith in him at the moment. Would have got 10/10 if he had planted his foot right into his knackers rendering that vile little c**t impotent for ever more. A bit much? Nah.
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2017 10:55:16 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #555: Sep 23, 2017 10:57:09 pm
      1st half extra time is embarassing. vardy "the cheat" with his deliberate trailing legs against Matip got a cheap freekick and a handball by their player that led to the equaliser. I mean seriously, how bad can the standard of refeerring be? The referee and the linesman is a big joke. Thuggish players  like  "vardy" will always cheat to get a cheap free kick. The video must be played over and over again so that the world can see and he doesn't do that again. Wijnaldum has now officially become the hendo mark II in the opposition half. A better quality midfielder and more confident midfielder would have killed them off with the final pass, but no  the safety route first. On the 5th minute 2nd half, chilwell had his elbow against Gomez's face in a 5-50 challenge and he fell to the ground as if he was shot and they got a freekick. This Leicester players are truly a bunch of cheats and is truly embarassing.

Lke the passion shown by Lovren in the 5 min mark 2nd half, their defender playing rugby and in their goal with hands on Lovren and the referee gave a free kick to them. Serioulsy how bad can this referee be. If you don;t punish vardy and the defender they will continue with these acts to cheat. Their players falling all over the places like a bowling pin to get a free kick and the referee fell for it is embarassing and shocking. Good goal by hendo and if he go forward more often, he'll be a better player. Introduction of Studge is the turning point of the game. Studge took less than 3 mins to contribute to the third goal.

If Klopp continue to play Moreno to allow those crosses to come in non-stop with both his bloody hands behind and allowed those crosses to come in, we'e going to continue to concede. Did Klopp even realise that? Justice done against Vardy the cheat for the penalty miss. But please Klopp stop using Moreno, you've given him enough chance, Robertson is of a different level. That's the problem when you have an average quality goalkeeper. The way they got a free kick in extra time against Ox high foot and their player fell to the ground hand on chest as if he was shot is again embarrassing and I will now label leiceter City as the #1 list in terms of cheating.
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2017 12:09:13 am by redkop63 »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #556: Sep 23, 2017 11:07:49 pm
      Far too much play acting, by players from both sides today.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #557: Sep 23, 2017 11:09:33 pm
      Right, so not only should he have saved it, but he should have saved it better than he saved it... that's a minus point for Mignolet then.

I mean, BBC reporter put it down to Mignolet having studied it out and predicted where Vardy was going to put it, but, nah, it was probably just an appalling penalty by Vardy.

Was talking about the second goal.  Do try and keep up smartarse.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #558: Sep 23, 2017 11:20:49 pm
      1st half extra time is embarassing. vardy "the cheat" with his deliberate trailing legs against Matip got a cheap freekick and a handball by their player that led to the equaliser. I mean seriously, how bad can the standard of refeerring be? The referee and the linesman is a big joke. Thuggish players  like  "vardy" will always cheat to get a cheap free kick. The video must be played over and over again so that the world can see and he doesn't do that again. Wijnaldum has now officially become the hendo mark II in the opposition half. A better quality midfielder and more confident midfielder would have killed them off with the final pass, but no  the safety route first. On the 5th minute 2nd half, chilwell had his elbow against Gomez's face in a 5-50 challenge and he fell to the ground as if he was shot and they got a freekick. This Leicester players are truly a bunch of cheats and is truly embarassing. Lke the passion shown by Lovren in the 5 min mark 2nd half, their defender playing rugby and in their goal with hands on Lovren and the referee gave a free kick to them. Serioulsy how bad can this referee be. If you don;t punish vardy and the defender they will continue with these acts to cheat.

They knew it was the Manc Taylor officiating and they will get all the decisions in they're favour!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #559: Sep 23, 2017 11:21:09 pm
      Thought his nickname was Bertie?  ;D

Totally agree mate! He wasn't having any of it from Steptoe was he.

Nah mate, Bertie was the bad version, Alby is the new player we have this season. Been like a new signing to be honest!  ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #560: Sep 24, 2017 12:02:09 am
      Nah mate, Bertie was the bad version, Alby is the new player we have this season. Been like a new signing to be honest!  ;)

Prince albert ?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #561: Sep 24, 2017 12:06:15 am
      Silver lining.

Migs may well be dropped for good now. If so I'm cracking the champers.

Haha who the F**k for?

Mignolet is a poor first choice keeper and so are the other F***ing two.

Ooo Karius has better distribution. Nah he doesn't. Oh but he controls his area. Nah he doesn't. He's a better shot stopper than Mignolet. Nope he is not.

Yeah we won again today with another stupid scoreline.

3-2 2-2 2-3 5-2 does it really matter in the end. We end up on the right side of the result today but quite easily we could have blown the lot and sooner rather than later we will get burnt again, regardless of which of the 3 bang average keepers we have at the club.

Until Klopp can get us controlling games of football (and by that i don't mean us creating 57 chances i mean controlling the opposition and being in control of the situatioms) then we are pissing against the wind.

Gomez i'm not having as a full back for a club this size, Matip looks good but unwilling to put himself about and lead a back line, Lovren is a nervous wreck and Moreno could tank at any given moment.

The whole situation is a bad joke to be honest and until Klopp gets some of these guys out of the first team and manages to replace them then we aint winning anything.

Not my type of football all this end to end sh*t either. Feels like i'm watching a game of fifa at times. Frenetic and naive from a coach and a group of players who ought to know better.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #562: Sep 24, 2017 12:09:05 am
      Haha who the f**k for?

Mignolet is a poor first choice keeper and so are the other f**king two.

Ooo Karius has better distribution. Nah he doesn't. Oh but he controls his area. Nah he doesn't. He's a better shot stopper than Mignolet. Nope he is not.

3-2 2-2 2-3 5-2 does it really matter in the end. We end up on the right side of the result today but quite easily we could have blown the lot and sooner rather than later we will get burnt again, regardless of which of the 3 bang average keepers we have at the club.

Until Klopp can get us controlling games of football (and by that i don't mean us creating 57 chances i mean controlling the opposition and being in control of the situatioms) then we are pissing against the wind.

Gomez i'm not having as a full back for a club this size, Matip looks good but unwilling to put himself about and lead a back line, Lovren is a nervous wreck and Moreno could tank at any given moment.

The whole situation is a bad joke to be honest and until Klopp gets some of these guys out of the first team and manages to replace them then we aint winning anything.

Not my type of football all this end to end sh*t either. Feels like i'm watching a game of fifa at times. Frenetic and naive from a coach and a group of players who ought to know better.

I assume you are of a nervous disposition?  :D

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #563: Sep 24, 2017 12:13:18 am
      They knew it was the Manc Taylor officiating and they will get all the decisions in they're favour!

My friend watching the game with me, he's not even a football fan felt that there's something very wrong with the referee. What would be the case if the game is analysed by a much better quality referee. This Taylor guy must not referee another game involving us. Referees have to take note of that cheat vardy from now.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #564: Sep 24, 2017 12:28:00 am
      I thought that was a fantastic win that looks worse on paper than it was in reality. We battered them. They cheated for the first goal and the second we have a flapping moron to blame as per usual. I was very happy with the team, but angry overall thanks to both Simon and the F***ing ref who should not be in charge of any top tier games for a while, horrendous showing.

Simon Mignolet : sh*te isn't he. Made one good reflex save to be fair to him however every keeper at this level makes that save. Everything else is just bottom rung, Championship player at best. Out. 3/10

Joe Gomez : Still think this lad is a good right back and shouldn't be in a hurry to move to centre back. Good showing today. 7/10

Dejan Lovren : Referee really didn't like him. He was being blown up for everything and Wes Morgan rugby tackling people at the other end and nothing given. Thought he was shacky at times had a brain fart near the start but recovered well enough. 6/10

Joel Matip : Very good in the air, thought he did well without settling the world on fire. 7/10

Alberto Moreno : Showed good discipline at times, wasn't always bombing forward and was clearly listening to Klopp and Henderson barking orders at him. Very good on the ball and made loads of tackles I think. Very good showing. 8/10

Emre Can : I thought he was sh*t today. Lost the ball a lot, too many touches, passing was way off in terms of the speed it reached our players. Had a nice shot that hit the post but other than that... Very poor. Couldn't wait to see him subbed, not the best game for him. 5/10

Jordan Henderson : Won the ball back so so so many times either with a tackle or recovering the second ball. Was being hounded by either Vardy or Okazaki and never looked fazed on the ball. Scored the winner with an amazing break from midfield, would like to see him go for those runs more often and let Gini or someone else sit in the 6 role while he breaks because it's an underused aspect of his game. Was absolutely boss, and the goal clearly meant so much to him. Match winning goal. Man of the match. 9/10

Georginio Wijnaldum : He only made 22 passes in the entire game, for a centre midfield player that's so strange. It's hard to give him a rating because he didn't do much at all. He also didn't make any errors so I'd say he was better than Can who was a walking error today. 5.5/10

Philippe Coutinho - Amazing in the first half, beatuiful assist and even better goal. Started to tire in the second, came off at the right time. Can't wait to have him fully fit for the full 90 mins. 9/10

Roberto Firmino - Very quiet for Bobby, I understand he pulls defenders in and out. For example our first goal, Bobby draws out the centre backs (Phils ball was so good he didn't even need to) but that's important and almost always unseen and uncredited. Did his best work off the ball today, can still do better. 6.5/10

Mohammed Salah - Just scores goals doesn't he. Fast, dangerous, makes defenders sh*t themselves when he runs at them both attacking and defending. Really like this lad, was not sure before we signed him but delighted with results so far. Keep it up Mo lad! 8/10

Shout out to Studge too who looked excellent coming off the bench, so happy to see him on the field looking sharp.

I guess after 2 losses the world isn't going to end after all! Who'd have thought it.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #565: Sep 24, 2017 12:31:01 am
      Haha who the F**k for?

Mignolet is a poor first choice keeper and so are the other F***ing two.

I'd drop Mignolet for a cardboard cut out of Mignolet at this rate. Truth is we don't really know if Ward or Karius are better because they've not been given a long run to prove it. Migs has been given enough long runs to prove he's not up to standard however. Time the others got a chance, even if it is ultimately failing in the end.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #566: Sep 24, 2017 12:31:27 am
      My friend watching the game with me, he's not even a football fan felt that there's something very wrong with the referee. What would be the case if the game is analysed by a much better quality referee. This Taylor guy must not referee another game involving us. Referees have to take note of that cheat vardy from now.

No way buddy but if Vardy was foreign and sticks his leg out to get an advantage it would have been highlighted by know you can be guaranteed.

In fact Linekar would have it on loop!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #567: Sep 24, 2017 12:33:24 am
      I assume you are of a nervous disposition?  :D

It's just sh*t mate.

Lets take their second goal because I know people have started to grow to love our flying left back at the moment.

Forget the flaws in his game positionally and all that stuff we know he struggles to understand. Look at what he does when Demarai Gray hits the shot that Migs stupidly parries back across goal.

He puts his arms behind his back and looks the other way.

And apparently he's had a good game. Well if thats good then our standards have been well and truly shat on over the years because thats just him showing his lack of hunger in actually defending. Didn't want to get hit by the ball and i've got no time for that.

A real cowardly bit of play and from that point on my interest in the result dwindled a bit. Like I said yeah we won today but Moreno won't get a bollocking because thats just the culture of the team. No love of the art of defending from the lot of them.

Silly boys football.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #568: Sep 24, 2017 12:34:28 am
      I thought that was a fantastic win that looks worse on paper than it was in reality. We battered them. They cheated for the first goal and the second we have a flapping moron to blame as per usual. I was very happy with the team, but angry overall thanks to both Simon and the f**king ref who should not be in charge of any top tier games for a while, horrendous showing.

Simon Mignolet : Sh*te isn't he. Made one good reflex save to be fair to him however every keeper at this level makes that save. Everything else is just bottom rung, Championship player at best. Out. 3/10

Joe Gomez : Still think this lad is a good right back and shouldn't be in a hurry to move to centre back. Good showing today. 7/10

Dejan Lovren : Referee really didn't like him. He was being blown up for everything and Wes Morgan rugby tackling people at the other end and nothing given. Thought he was shacky at times had a brain fart near the start but recovered well enough. 6/10

Joel Matip : Very good in the air, thought he did well without settling the world on fire. 7/10

Alberto Moreno : Showed good discipline at times, wasn't always bombing forward and was clearly listening to Klopp and Henderson barking orders at him. Very good on the ball and made loads of tackles I think. Very good showing. 8/10

Emre Can : I thought he was sh*t today. Lost the ball a lot, too many touches, passing was way off in terms of the speed it reached our players. Had a nice shot that hit the post but other than that... Very poor. Couldn't wait to see him subbed, not the best game for him. 5/10

Jordan Henderson : Won the ball back so so so many times either with a tackle or recovering the second ball. Was being hounded by either Vardy or Okazaki and never looked fazed on the ball. Scored the winner with an amazing break from midfield, would like to see him go for those runs more often and let Gini or someone else sit in the 6 role while he breaks because it's an underused aspect of his game. Was absolutely boss, and the goal clearly meant so much to him. Match winning goal. Man of the match. 9/10

Georginio Wijnaldum : He only made 22 passes in the entire game, for a centre midfield player that's so strange. It's hard to give him a rating because he didn't do much at all. He also didn't make any errors so I'd say he was better than Can who was a walking error today. 5.5/10

Philippe Coutinho - Amazing in the first half, beatuiful assist and even better goal. Started to tire in the second, came off at the right time. Can't wait to have him fully fit for the full 90 mins. 9/10

Roberto Firmino - Very quiet for Bobby, I understand he pulls defenders in and out. For example our first goal, Bobby draws out the centre backs (Phils ball was so good he didn't even need to) but that's important and almost always unseen and uncredited. Did his best work off the ball today, can still do better. 6.5/10

Mohammed Salah - Just scores goals doesn't he. Fast, dangerous, makes defenders sh*t themselves when he runs at them both attacking and defending. Really like this lad, was not sure before we signed him but delighted with results so far. Keep it up Mo lad! 8/10

Shout out to Studge too who looked excellent coming off the bench, so happy to see him on the field looking sharp.

I guess after 2 losses the world isn't going to end after all! Who'd have thought it.

;D Mags giving Hendo MOTM should report you really  :D

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #569: Sep 24, 2017 12:35:23 am

I thought Alby was the name of a racist dragon? :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #570: Sep 24, 2017 12:36:01 am
      ;D Mags giving Hendo MOTM should report you really  :D

I'd have given it to him if he was in the stands mate ;)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #571: Sep 24, 2017 12:37:19 am

Berty also lives in a magical forrest and eats bubblegum pie.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #572: Sep 24, 2017 12:37:29 am
      I'd have given it to him if he was in the stands mate ;)

:gt-happyup:

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #573: Sep 24, 2017 12:37:30 am

:lmao:

Had to google that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Qu3iP3RYA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber