Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (1.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      17 (16.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      57 (55.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      10 (9.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      6 (5.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Sep 27, 2017 07:32:08 pm

Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32295 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Sep 24, 2017 12:37:57 am
      ;D Mags giving Hendo MOTM should report you really  :D

I'd hate to see what you'd do to the 4 people who voted for that shambles in goal!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #576: Sep 24, 2017 12:41:43 am
      I'd hate to see what you'd do to the 4 people who voted for that shambles in goal!

What can you do mate - most knowledgeable fans? ............must have been penned before RIba appeared on the scene!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #577: Sep 24, 2017 12:44:54 am
      Berty also lives in a magical forrest and eats bubblegum pie.

I always thought Bertie was this reckless b***ard.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #578: Sep 24, 2017 12:45:30 am
      JD can you actually see who voted for Migs and can that be considered being a WUM? Fucks me off that clown has more votes than Joe Gomez who had a solid game and doesn't deserve that slap in the face of Migs getting more MOTM votes.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #579: Sep 24, 2017 12:46:23 am
      A very good win against a thuggish side and cheats plus a sub-standard referee. I hope to see Ox play more centrally in replacement of Wijnaldum. That would take one weak link off the pitch and Robertson for Moreno, that'll be the 2nd.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #580: Sep 24, 2017 12:48:46 am
      I didn't vote for Migs as MOM (I gave him 5/10) but given he saved a penalty with a fine save which got us the win, it's not THAT unbelievable to me that some people did. Even Stevie said it on the box "no doubt Simon will get the blame because he always does". He's bang average IMHO, but he's nowhere near the complete clown that many on here make him out to be. If he was, Jürgen wouldn't keep picking him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #581: Sep 24, 2017 12:50:40 am

upload image

Hands behind his back, looking the other way and making himself as small as posssible. If the ball hits him from such closs range theres no chance a handballs going against him so what all thats about F**k knows.

Totally embarrassing.
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2017 12:58:10 am by fields of anny rd »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #582: Sep 24, 2017 12:52:38 am
      JD can you actually see who voted for Migs and can that be considered being a WUM? Fucks me off that clown has more votes than Joe Gomez who had a solid game and doesn't deserve that slap in the face of Migs getting more MOTM votes.

Maybe it's an ironic vote?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #583: Sep 24, 2017 12:58:26 am
      I didn't vote for Migs as MOM (I gave him 5/10) but given he saved a penalty with a fine save which got us the win, it's not THAT unbelievable to me that some people did. Even Stevie said it on the box "no doubt Simon will get the blame because he always does". He's bang average IMHO, but he's nowhere near the complete clown that many on here make him out to be. If he was, Jürgen wouldn't keep picking him.

No - Hendo's goal got us the win. Giving MOTM to Mignolet is F***ing madness and there is no logic. It's like if a cleaner shat on the living room floor and mopped it all up and then the owner of the house giving the cleaner a bonus for their efforts.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #584: Sep 24, 2017 12:59:50 am

upload image

Hands behind his back, looking the other way and making himself as small as posssible. If the ball hits him from such closs range theres no chance a handballs going against him so what all thats about f**k knows.

Totally embarrassing.

Totally look at the position of our DM.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #585: Sep 24, 2017 01:06:52 am

Seems a bit pointless throwing away your genuine opinion on something that's not funny.

If we have the voting system we may as well use it properly.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #586: Sep 24, 2017 01:08:57 am

Yeah hes been dragged about by the opposition but no doubt structurely we are poor.

Seriously though watch Moreno on that second goal. The lad was looking the wrong way for about 2 seconds before he even struck it and any other defender who's brave enough to take a ball to the body would have blocked it and took a bruise.

You cant teach that defensive desire. You either have it or you don't.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #587: Sep 24, 2017 01:09:10 am

I know right, all the way at the top of the field, and scoring a goal no less. How dare he ;)
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #588: Sep 24, 2017 01:11:20 am

Nah can we just set the algorithm to automatically offset 4 votes for Mig from now on?  ;D ;D
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #589: Sep 24, 2017 01:14:21 am
      What a game. The relief after was massive. Iv never done a player rating before so here goes. I know its gona divide opinion.

Migs: I felt another ref would have given a foul against Okazaki. Goalies always seem to get the benefit in these situations and he was definetly impeded but unfortunatley not today. Made a couple of great saves today the penalty being one but Vardys positioning from Grays shot was good it was a good save. Should he have dived with hands at Vardy for the pen, maybe. He did get a touch on the ball Vardy was nowhere near it. Another ref, a better ref wouldnt have given it...7

Joe: Started well but got run a bit ragged later on. Gets up and down well, would like to see him get the ball in the box a bit quicker. Albrighton had a good game today was good experience for the young man. Still think his best position is centre half and would probably start him instead of Lovren. Got beaten a few times...6

Joel: Solid. Thought he dealt with most things well. Maybe should have been closer to Vardy for his goal. Just needs to be a bit more commanding of those around him...7

Dejan: Seems to me he just lacks confidence. We all know there is a quality player there but just for some reason he cant show it. Did he do much wrong today?...6.5

Alberto: Thought he was doing his best, we all know he is not the best defender but he was probably one of the best players on the pitch today. You can see he has been working on his game...7

Emre: What can we say about Emre, he was ok today but you always are expecting more. Looked a bit tired as the game went on. Is he more suited in the number 6 role?...6

Gini: Just went missing for me. He has got so much to offer but just doesnt produce on a regular basis. Im just picturing Keita there next season...6

Jordan: Good game from our captain today. Looked more in control, looked more vocal, stood up for his team. We need leaders and he needs to show this on a regular basis. Well taken goal. Keep it up Jordan...8

Phil: Class act, assist and a top glass goal. We all knew it wouldnt take him long to get back to what he does best...9

Mo: What defender wants to be marking him, what stamina this lad has. Great goal, should of had two. Just needs to be quicker with that final ball because he gets in such great positions...8.5

Bobby: Works his ass off but i would have liked to have seen him more involved especially in the first half. Am i right in saying he is being used as a false 9. Good closing down but need more...7

Danny: Looked really good, sharp and got up to speed straight away. If we have a fully fit Danny Sturridge for the season always a positive...7

James: Brought on to see out the game and we did in the end so ...6

Ox: Still not quite sure , does he make our squad better? Couple of nice touches...5.5
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #590: Sep 24, 2017 01:18:32 am
      I know right, all the way at the top of the field, and scoring a goal no less. How dare he ;)

Not quite it's the one where Migs places onto Vardy head we are talking about.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #591: Sep 24, 2017 01:22:57 am
      Not quite it's the one where Migs places onto Vardy head we are talking about.

He'd gone to try and block the cross into Gray and didn't get there. He can't be expected to be everywhere at once. The flapping goalkeeper and the ball watching players in the box are at fault there. Jordan's come across to help out young Joe, between them the should have stopped the cross you could argue, but hard to find fault with positioning if they've been pressing like the manager wants.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #592: Sep 24, 2017 01:23:20 am
      Seems a bit pointless throwing away your genuine opinion on something that's not funny.

If we have the voting system we may as well use it properly.

But maybe they're footballing hipsters voting for MOTM while listening to Father John Misty and drinking green tea out of an old boot?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #593: Sep 24, 2017 01:26:18 am
      But maybe they're footballing hipsters voting for MOTM while listening to Father John Misty and drinking green tea out of an old boot?

Don't forget grooming their twirly moustache, adjusting their top-knot and posting on tumblr.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #594: Sep 24, 2017 01:27:28 am

upload image

Hands behind his back, looking the other way and making himself as small as posssible. If the ball hits him from such closs range theres no chance a handballs going against him so what all thats about f**k knows.

Totally embarrassing.

When I see that picture my main thought is how on Earth is Dejan Lovren wearing Alan Hansen's number.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #595: Sep 24, 2017 01:49:17 am
      Phew......

I'm a bag of nerves after that.

Jesus.

Calamity Mignolet, I've defended much of the undue stick he has been given but he was an absolute nightmare today. Redeemed himself a bit with his penalty save.

But the whole defence is just one big bag of nerves and you can literally feel the wobbles through the TV screen. Throw in Lovren on top of Mignolet, and then add Alby to the mix and it's a complete circus back there at times it really is.

I'm just thankful we won.

I think Sturridge did more in 25 mins than Firmino did in 65, who again was pretty anonymous. Nice assist from Sturridge for the captain who has been rightly under the microscope recently. Clearly Klopp's instructions are to rotate that midfield as Henderson would never have found himself that far forward - took his goal well, but that system, wow it shreds the nerves.

Coutinho finding his shooting boots, another player who has recently come under so undue stick as well.

Roll on the next game...
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2017 02:06:20 am by Beerbelly »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 721 
      Reply #596: Sep 24, 2017 02:49:03 am

this is what i was saying earlier, he went out wide to help Gomez, because Salah didn't track back
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 721 
      Reply #597: Sep 24, 2017 02:54:18 am

upload image

Totally embarrassing.

Lovrens hands behind the back wouldnt matter if he was covering Okazaki. Because he was on nomansland, Matip had to cover Okazaki, which left Vardy open. SMH

Quick Reply