Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (1.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      17 (16.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      57 (55.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      10 (9.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      6 (5.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Sep 27, 2017 07:32:08 pm

Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32214 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Re: Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Sep 24, 2017 03:31:31 am
      Quote from redkop63
      If Klopp continue to play Moreno to allow those crosses to come in non-stop with both his bloody hands behind and allowed those crosses to come in, we'e going to continue to concede. Did Klopp even realise that? Justice done against Vardy the cheat for the penalty miss. But please Klopp stop using Moreno, you've given him enough chance, Robertson is of a different level. That's the problem when you have an average quality goalkeeper. The way they got a free kick in extra time against Ox high foot and their player fell to the ground hand on chest as if he was shot is again embarrassing and I will now label leiceter City as the #1 list in terms of cheating.

Well next year we're getting VAR, so all that "cheating" will be cut out. So if you get a free kick/penalty/goal, you'll have earned it. It should already be here, but it's in the Bundesliga, and it's already made a positive impact there.

Quote from fields of anny rd
      Haha who the F**k for?

Mignolet is a poor first choice keeper and so are the other F***ing two.

Ooo Karius has better distribution. Nah he doesn't. Oh but he controls his area. Nah he doesn't. He's a better shot stopper than Mignolet. Nope he is not.

Not my type of football all this end to end sh*t either. Feels like i'm watching a game of fifa at times. Frenetic and naive from a coach and a group of players who ought to know better.

Well that's the way we play, heavy metal football, so you either live with it or call for Klopp to go. Whatever you decide, it's not changing while he's here. And if he isn't here, we still have the same goalkeeper and defenders to work with. Migs won't play on Tuesday, and when he doesn't, people will say he should. Sometimes I don't know what they want because when they get it, they want something else.

We were comfortable enough until half time, then the second half was an end to end scrap. A scrap which we won, and ended the hoodoo over there. Now we are into double points and we can move on with Mane back for next week.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #599: Sep 24, 2017 05:11:05 am
      Yeah hes been dragged about by the opposition but no doubt structurely we are poor.

Seriously though watch Moreno on that second goal. The lad was looking the wrong way for about 2 seconds before he even struck it and any other defender who's brave enough to take a ball to the body would have blocked it and took a bruise.

You cant teach that defensive desire. You either have it or you don't.

Watch him, he ALWAYS does that.

Has no desire as you say to block that, and he's usually half hearted when blocking crosses from out wide.

From the little I have seen of Robertson, the kid at least looks as though he's willing to block those kinds of crosses/shots.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #600: Sep 24, 2017 05:36:03 am
      Watch him, he ALWAYS does that.

Has no desire as you say to block that, and he's usually half hearted when blocking crosses from out wide.

From the little I have seen of Robertson, the kid at least looks as though he's willing to block those kinds of crosses/shots.

I know mate i've highlighted it in the past with him. He does it on crosses as well. The type of sh*t you see on the 6aside on a Sunday when your scavvy striker has to come bacm and defend.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #601: Sep 24, 2017 08:32:12 am
      JD can you actually see who voted for Migs and can that be considered being a WUM? Fucks me off that clown has more votes than Joe Gomez who had a solid game and doesn't deserve that slap in the face of Migs getting more MOTM votes.

I'm one of them because the penalty that was given, Simon 'took' (tickled) the ball so not a penalty. He saved a powerful penalty. Henderson and Coutinho are two candidates MOTM.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,280 posts | 763 
      Reply #602: Sep 24, 2017 08:42:34 am
      The attack should be even better, with Mane back in the fold. Although like most, have given up on the defence !
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #603: Sep 24, 2017 08:46:09 am
      I'm one of them because the penalty that was given, Simon 'took' (tickled) the ball so not a penalty. He saved a powerful penalty. Henderson and Coutinho are two candidates MOTM.

I saw the penalty save, like the Hoffenheim one got played down a bit.

Vardy's previous 5 penalties were all in a similar position - centre right to left of the goal, and all of them were converted.

Having said that, I thought among a couple of good saves Mignolet was pretty chaotic yesterday and he was the making of his own problems - and helped rattle an already cagey defence.

Klopp's #1
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #604: Sep 24, 2017 08:49:40 am
      I saw the penalty save, like the Hoffenheim one got played down a bit.

Vardy's previous 5 penalties were all in a similar position - centre right to left of the goal, and all of them were converted.

Having said that, I thought among a couple of good saves Mignolet was pretty chaotic yesterday and he was the making of his own problems - and helped rattle an already cagey defence.

Klopp's #1

I never said that he played well far from it but he 'saved us' two points and our little dip of results was stopped.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #605: Sep 24, 2017 08:54:50 am
      I never said that he played well far from it but he 'saved us' two points and our little dip of results was stopped.

You said you gave him MoTM.

So I naturally thought you thought he had a good game.

He did clumsily give away the penalty to. But if you've given him that solely on saving us two points that's your prerogative.

Anyway like somebody else implied, we seem have more chance saving penalties than defending set-pieces!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #606: Sep 24, 2017 08:56:53 am
      At least Mane will be back now so we can play a diamond 3 with Coutinho as the No 10. We need the 2 in midfield to sit and and protect that back 4 and then get the ball to Coutinho or spray it wide to our runners. No more heroics with this midfield please, our attackers are one of the best in this league.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #607: Sep 24, 2017 09:04:58 am
      You said you gave him MoTM.

So I naturally thought you thought he had a good game.

He did clumsily give away the penalty to. But if you've given him that solely on saving us two points that's your prerogative.

Anyway like somebody else implied, we seem have more chance saving penalties than defending set-pieces!

Yes, I gave him MOTM because he saved the pen. He needs to improve for sure but I think he only is at some extent at fault for their second goal. The referee's form was all over the place.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #608: Sep 24, 2017 09:18:26 am
      Klopp said he was satisfied with the performance. Hope he is saying different in the dressing room.

Their first goal was a mess. Matip should of known it was Mig's ball and kept off Vardy, instead he leaned across him,Vardy exaggerated the contact and played the "trailing leg con"...naive by Matip.

Mig produced a great save, then charges out for the corner, little chance of getting it and every chance of being impeded.

Their second goal was again Gomez jumping in and gets skinned. From the resulting cross Mig should of done better, Vardy unmarked gets an easy goal.

The penalty, Salah clearly gets his shirt pulled and loses the ball, the resulting thru ball leaves Mig exposed, clumsy challenge, makes up for it with the pen save.

Klopp said after the cup game he was sick of conceding these types of goals. Well the defense never seems to improve and if anything is getting worse. But he is satisfied.....well I'm not satisfied..

* well people like you never are*..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #609: Sep 24, 2017 09:21:49 am
      On reflection and with the win in our pocket a very entertaining game. I thought it was a good team performance, even defensively, we were beaten by two lucky goals one of which should have been cancelled as it was from a foul.

BTW that referee must have taken a bung or have some kind of hatred of LFC, I have never seen such biased refereeing since Escape to Victory!

Also have to say that Henderson had a better game, a very nice goal from him and he was playing more positive, making runs etc.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #610: Sep 24, 2017 09:30:57 am
      On reflection and with the win in our pocket a very entertaining game. I thought it was a good team performance, even defensively, we were beaten by two lucky goals one of which should have been cancelled as it was from a foul.

BTW that referee must have taken a bung or have some kind of hatred of LFC, I have never seen such biased refereeing since Escape to Victory!

Also have to say that Henderson had a better game, a very nice goal from him and he was playing more positive, making runs etc.

Well we defended poorly in the cup game and again we defended poorly yesterday. Migs charged out into a crowd, anybody getting the slightest touch toward the goal and it's in. A reckless crass attempt to get the ball cost us a goal. Two or three chances to clear for the second goal. Shoddy marking for the penalty left Mig exposed.

Can't defend a 2 goal lead (twice) and got over the line by the skin of our teeth. I would not call that a good a good team performance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #611: Sep 24, 2017 09:34:48 am
      Well we defended poorly in the cup game and again we defended poorly yesterday. Migs charged out into a crowd, anybody getting the slightest touch toward the goal and it's in. A reckless crass attempt to get the ball cost us a goal. Two or three chances to clear for the second goal. Shoddy marking for the penalty left Mig exposed.

Can't defend a 2 goal lead (twice) and got over the line by the skin of our teeth. I would not call that a good a good team performance.

OK but we know the defence is poor, but I didn't think it was as bad yesterday, Vardy's goal was a case of a save from Migs being guided perfectly onto Steptoe's head, fairly fortunate and their first goal was a clear foul on MIgs, shouldn't have been given. Even the penalty was a bit iffy as MIgs got the ball before he got Vardy. Overall we beat Leicester and the referee but yes of course the defence still needs to get better.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #612: Sep 24, 2017 09:35:19 am
      Absolute shocker from the officials last night - Okazaki’s disallowed goal should have stood, his actual goal should have been disallowed, Can’s handball was a clear pen, Salah had his shirt held before the penalty incident...

I could probably go on. Been a long time since I’ve seen so many wrong calls, at least it kind of balanced itself out over the game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #613: Sep 24, 2017 09:37:11 am
      Absolute shocker from the officials last night - Okazaki’s disallowed goal should have stood, his actual goal should have been disallowed, Can’s handball was a clear pen, Salah had his shirt held before the penalty incident...

I could probably go on. Been a long time since I’ve seen so many wrong calls, at least it kind of balanced itself out over the game.

Balanced itself out, are you kidding, the ref was totally biased, I mean what the F**k did Lovren get a yellow card for, he was protesting that his shirt was pulled in clear view of the ref FFS!
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #614: Sep 24, 2017 09:44:39 am
      OK but we know the defence is poor, but I didn't think it was as bad yesterday, Vardy's goal was a case of a save from Migs being guided perfectly onto Steptoe's head, fairly fortunate and their first goal was a clear foul on MIgs, shouldn't have been given. Even the penalty was a bit iffy as MIgs got the ball before he got Vardy. Overall we beat Leicester and the referee but yes of course the defence still needs to get better.

But it's week in week out. Shoddy goal after shoddy goal. We are very bad at protecting a lead. The midfield is great going forward and supporting the attack but they don't cover their positions to well. The back 4 give away possession, they are notoriously poor in the air. Migs blows hot and cold, he's the best shot saver in the prem but he hasn't the strength to dominate the 6 yard box and his decisions making if iffy. Both Gomez and Moreno didn't defend very well. Gomez dived in, got skinned which led to the cross for the Vardy header.

We will give away points if we carry on as we have for...well since Carra retired.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #615: Sep 24, 2017 09:48:12 am

Well some Refs don't over protect the keeper. It was a reckless charge for the ball by Mig. Crowded area and he lunges out..goal a gaping. The Ref missed a few things but lets face it...we cannot defend a lead.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #616: Sep 24, 2017 10:02:53 am

upload image

Hands behind his back, looking the other way and making himself as small as posssible. If the ball hits him from such closs range theres no chance a handballs going against him so what all thats about f**k knows.

Totally embarrassing.

It's crass defending. With your arms folded behind your back you not only make yourself small, you put yourself off balance and not ready to make an instinctive clearance. Somebody at the club is not facing facts..not facing the truth...we cannot defend a lead.

No matter how good we are going forward if we cannot defend..we have no chance. It's gone on for far to long. Three or four seasons now we have seen one shoddy defensive performance after another.

We look like a Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde team....brilliant in the first half, swamp teams...crass shoddy defending in the second.
      rossyred

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #617: Sep 24, 2017 10:15:51 am

How should Okazaki goal been allowed Maguire was a yard offside heading to Okazaki
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #618: Sep 24, 2017 10:58:19 am

Any keeper in the world would have saved that penalty, so predictable in its placement was it. Nor should we have been in need of saving in the first place, had that clown not given a penalty away. Bottom line, we're never going to be a regular Champions League contender, never mind actually win anything, whilst we have that back five in the squad. We might have won yesterday but not through the lack of trying to make it exceedingly easy for Leicester to win and had we been playing a better team than them, we'd have been punished for the mistakes.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #619: Sep 24, 2017 11:03:53 am
      Any keeper in the world would have saved that penalty, so predictable in its placement was it.

Let's give Migs the credit for not parrying it back to Vardy so that he could have been successful in the second attempt. :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #620: Sep 24, 2017 11:06:47 am
      Any keeper in the world would have saved that penalty, so predictable in its placement was it. Nor should we have been in need of saving in the first place, had that clown not given a penalty away. Bottom line, we're never going to be a regular Champions League contender, never mind actually win anything, whilst we have that back five in the squad. We might have won yesterday but not through the lack of trying to make it exceedingly easy for Leicester to win and had we been playing a better team than them, we'd have been punished for the mistakes.

:lmao:

Quick Reply