Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (1.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      17 (16.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      57 (55.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      10 (9.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      6 (5.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Sep 27, 2017 07:32:08 pm

Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31823 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Re: Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Sep 24, 2017 11:08:42 am
      Any keeper in the world would have saved that penalty, so predictable in its placement was it. Nor should we have been in need of saving in the first place, had that clown not given a penalty away.

In fairness Courtois didn't the other week and I think that was an even poorer penalty.

Otherwise I agree. He's more at fault for the penalty than the 2nd in my opinion - though should've done better.

The penalty concession is just complete incompetence.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #622: Sep 24, 2017 11:22:18 am
      Any keeper in the world would have saved that penalty, so predictable in its placement was it.

I'm no big fan of Migs but F***ing hell.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #623: Sep 24, 2017 11:44:05 am
      Any keeper in the world would have saved that penalty, so predictable in its placement was it. Nor should we have been in need of saving in the first place, had that clown not given a penalty away. Bottom line, we're never going to be a regular Champions League contender, never mind actually win anything, whilst we have that back five in the squad. We might have won yesterday but not through the lack of trying to make it exceedingly easy for Leicester to win and had we been playing a better team than them, we'd have been punished for the mistakes.

Come on be fair. I'm not a fan of Mignolet, I just think that he is the best keeper we have from our choice. If someone tells me to buy a new keeper, I would without any hesitation but yesterday he saved us two points.

If a keeper dropped down immediately, he would not have saved it. He did well.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #624: Sep 24, 2017 11:55:56 am
      In fairness Courtois didn't the other week and I think that was an even poorer penalty.

Otherwise I agree. He's more at fault for the penalty than the 2nd in my opinion - though should've done better.

The penalty concession is just complete incompetence.

He got the ball before vardy so the incompetence belonged to that c**t taylor
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #625: Sep 24, 2017 11:57:15 am
      Any keeper in the world would have saved that penalty, so predictable in its placement was it. Nor should we have been in need of saving in the first place, had that clown not given a penalty away. Bottom line, we're never going to be a regular Champions League contender, never mind actually win anything, whilst we have that back five in the squad. We might have won yesterday but not through the lack of trying to make it exceedingly easy for Leicester to win and had we been playing a better team than them, we'd have been punished for the mistakes.

Saved more pens than cech, courtois and p schmeical combined
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #626: Sep 24, 2017 12:11:37 pm
      He got the ball before vardy so the incompetence belonged to that c**t taylor

He is but I still think it was a pen mate.

Had Mig's contact on the ball been clean / decisive I'd agree but he sclaffed it and took the Steptoe c**t out........

Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #627: Sep 24, 2017 12:13:08 pm
      Good three points and well deserved over the ninety.

I don't  think that Migs was quite as bad as some have made out.  He made a good save early on from Vardy, saved a pen and I thought he had done well to keep out Gray's initial effort.  Phill Babb made a good point in the post match, that on the first goal he's just made a good save, but with the chopping and changes in goal, he feels he has to make another and comes for the cross (I also think he is under orders to attack crosses this season and has done it far more than last year).

Hendo much better today, Phil looked very good for the first half and Mo is a constant threat.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #628: Sep 24, 2017 01:42:39 pm
      Come on be fair. I'm not a fan of Mignolet, I just think that he is the best keeper we have from our choice. If someone tells me to buy a new keeper, I would without any hesitation but yesterday he saved us two points.

If a keeper dropped down immediately, he would not have saved it. He did well.

Vardy always kicks the ball down the center. Never varies. Look at the replay and you'll see he doesn't even look at the Keeper, his head is down and he just runs up and smacks it like a toddler in the park. No thought put into it, it was a terrible penalty, and just because you clean up your own mess doesn't mean you should be commended for it. There have been penalties before that I've happily said Migs did well on but not this. This was easy.

Not one single member of that back five would get into the first team of any other Top six rival and only Matip would make their squads. Some aren't fit for purpose, others aren't ready for the first team action week-in, week-out. Until they're replaced we'll continue to be an alsoran.Yes I'm glad we won but the win showed every glaring defensive weakness we have in the side and it needs addressing in January and not excuses about how it's difficult to find players in that window.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8460 
      Reply #629: Sep 24, 2017 02:10:42 pm
      BTW that referee must have taken a bung or have some kind of hatred of LFC, I have never seen such biased refereeing since Escape to Victory!

He's from Manchester!!

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #630: Sep 24, 2017 02:18:54 pm
      It seems Migs can't do any right these days. If he doesn't come for balls in a crowded area he gets abuse, if he comes and misses he gets abuse. People seem to forget some teams in the Premier league train day in day out on those kind of tactics, to unsettle goalies, get there big lads in the box as often as they can.

We all want a world class goalie between the sticks not many of them around unfortunately. Migs is a fine goalie IMO and has bailed us out on many occasions.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #631: Sep 24, 2017 02:26:27 pm
      It seems Migs can't do any right these days. If he doesn't come for balls in a crowded area he gets abuse, if he comes and misses he gets abuse. People seem to forget some teams in the Premier league train day in day out on those kind of tactics, to unsettle goalies, get there big lads in the box as often as they can.

We all want a world class goalie between the sticks not many of them around unfortunately. Migs is a fine goalie IMO and has bailed us out on many occasions.

He gets abuse because he should be able to come and retrieve it.

I don't get your point at all. Should he be criticised for not coming to deal with balls in a dangerous area. Yes. Should be criticised for coming and not dealing with them. Yes. In both scenarios he does wrong.

So you are saying 'he gets abuse not matter what bad decision he makes'... Well... No sh*t.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #632: Sep 24, 2017 02:38:05 pm
      Vardy always kicks the ball down the center. Never varies. Look at the replay and you'll see he doesn't even look at the Keeper, his head is down and he just runs up and smacks it like a toddler in the park. No thought put into it, it was a terrible penalty, and just because you clean up your own mess doesn't mean you should be commended for it. There have been penalties before that I've happily said Migs did well on but not this. This was easy.

Not one single member of that back five would get into the first team of any other Top six rival and only Matip would make their squads. Some aren't fit for purpose, others aren't ready for the first team action week-in, week-out. Until they're replaced we'll continue to be an alsoran.Yes I'm glad we won but the win showed every glaring defensive weakness we have in the side and it needs addressing in January and not excuses about how it's difficult to find players in that window.
      Now that I agree with. Not sure about Arsenal, but for sure none of the others.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #633: Sep 24, 2017 02:40:21 pm
      Now that I agree with. Not sure about Arsenal, but for sure none of the others.

Ottamendi and Stones come to mind!

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #634: Sep 24, 2017 02:45:50 pm
      Haven't watched it yet. In Baltimore for a bachelor party. What a night! The bottom ticker of ESPN gave away the score I tried to avoid, I'll still watch when I get home. Excited to finally win there and excited to watch a win haha
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #635: Sep 24, 2017 02:49:25 pm
      Ottamendi and Stones come to mind!

Both are better than ours IMHO, but Ottamendi is behind Kompany anyway when fit.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #636: Sep 24, 2017 02:50:49 pm
      Both are better than ours IMHO, but Ottamendi is behind Kompany anyway when fit.

Not for me, stick them in our set up and you would see the same cock ups.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #637: Sep 24, 2017 04:22:15 pm
      Not for me, stick them in our set up and you would see the same cock ups.

True, but our problems aren't solely down to the system, personnel has to take its fair share of the blame.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #638: Sep 24, 2017 04:46:40 pm
      Stones is good on the ball but a very average defender, hence pep switching to 3 cb's
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #639: Sep 24, 2017 06:11:16 pm
      Great we finally got back to winning ways. But, we shouldn't have to score 3 goals in order to beat Leicester!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #640: Sep 24, 2017 06:36:03 pm
      Great we finally got back to winning ways. But, we shouldn't have to score 3 goals in order to beat Leicester!

Whilst I get what you're driving at Kenny - remember they were champions this time last year AND pumped us there in Feb and the season before.

Last night we did what we needed to do.

Right now, for me, that's all that matters.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #641: Sep 24, 2017 07:13:40 pm
      Save or not that has to be the end of mignolet.

Ward please.

Bang On Tadders.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #642: Sep 24, 2017 08:18:03 pm
      Whilst I get what you're driving at Kenny - remember they were champions this time last year AND pumped us there in Feb and the season before.

Last night we did what we needed to do.

Right now, for me, that's all that matters.

They also had the worst title defence last season in the history of the Premier League. We finished comfortably above them last season too and if we are basing on what they were at a year ago in terms of being title holders, well a year ago we were smashing Arsenal, beating Chelsea and City. In fact, we may have even been at the top or there abouts at this stage. They have also seen significant players departures that were a key part of their successful season.

Whichever way you dress it up, we should not, under any circumstances be having to score 3 goals to beat a team like Leicester.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #643: Sep 24, 2017 08:26:47 pm
      They also had the worst title defence last season in the history of the Premier League. We finished comfortably above them last season too and if we are basing on what they were at a year ago in terms of being title holders, well a year ago we were smashing Arsenal, beating Chelsea and City. In fact, we may have even been at the top or there abouts at this stage. They have also seen significant players departures that were a key part of their successful season.

Whichever way you dress it up, we should not, under any circumstances be having to score 3 goals to beat a team like Leicester.

Yep the Prem that we've never won..........they have.

Moreover during that worst ever defence they handed us our arse there.

Like I say I understand your frustrations but football is about winning matches. To do that you need to outscore the other team on ANY given night.

We did. Period.

Doesn't mean we don't still have plenty to improve on.

Quick Reply