Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match : Spartak Moscow v Liverpool : 26th Sept 19.45

Read 8859 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre Match : Spartak Moscow v Liverpool : 26th Sept 19.45
      Reply #23: Sep 25, 2017 12:23:20 pm
      Just gotta make sure they don't have a shitty little ;
      Alexei Yuri Gagarin Siege of Stalingrad Glorious Five Year Plan Sputnik Tractor Moscow Dynamo Back Four Balowski upfront
       ;D

Hoping russia's favourite love machine is playing though
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #24: Sep 25, 2017 12:24:43 pm

And there will be a lot of ov's playing
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #25: Sep 25, 2017 12:48:52 pm
      I'd go something like this on Tuesday.

NB: Team no longer available
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #26: Sep 25, 2017 12:52:29 pm
      We have to score two because we know we will definitely concede at least 1. :( How nice would it be if we were so confident of our defense.

Therefore, I have gone for 1-2 for the mighty REDS. :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #27: Sep 25, 2017 01:08:26 pm
      Ridiculous for two English clubs to be playing there in two days.

I'm not sure why both the Moscow sides are playing their home European games on the same week - thought it was usually split home/away like Man Utd and Man City.

Still, I can't see there being an issue - Moscow is a lot bigger than London isn't it?  In any case I'd be more concerned about the Russian badasses than Stan from Salford who got there a day before his game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #28: Sep 25, 2017 01:16:21 pm
      Hopefully the first of many games with Salah, Mane and Coutinho ripping teams apart.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: Sep 25, 2017 03:59:54 pm
      I had forgotten Gomez is suspended for this. I see Flanno in the traveling squad. Hopefully Trent can bounce back from a shaky performance his last time out and play more like he did vs. Hoffenheim.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Sep 25, 2017 04:07:29 pm
      Whatever the result and performance lets firstly hope our fellow reds who are travelling ovef are safe while there.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #31: Sep 25, 2017 05:04:02 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #32: Sep 25, 2017 05:21:20 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has named a 21-man squad for Liverpool's Champions League Group E clash with Spartak Moscow.

The Reds continue their 2017-18 European campaign with a journey to Russia, and the manager will have an array of options at his disposal when his team take on Massimo Carrera's side.

In a significant boost to the travelling party, winger Sadio Mane returns to the fold after serving a three-match domestic ban.

However, defender Joe Gomez is absent as he prepares to serve a one-match suspension meted out as a result of the red card he received against Sevilla.

Ben Woodburn will be part of the Reds' U19s squad for the UEFA Youth League contest with the same opponents.

Liverpool squad in full: Karius, Mignolet, Ward, Lovren, Klavan, Moreno, Robertson, Matip, Flanagan, Alexander-Arnold, Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Can, Firmino, Coutinho, Salah, Sturridge, Mane, Solanke.

I'll go for Ward, Flanagan, Solanke not to make the 18 man squad.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #33: Sep 25, 2017 06:27:50 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has indicated Sadio Mane could be restored straight back into Liverpool's starting line-up for Tuesday's encounter with Spartak Moscow – but final decisions on his XI won't be made until tomorrow morning.

Having trained at Melwood this morning, the Reds departed for Russia just after noon from John Lennon Airport, touching down in Moscow at approximately 6.25pm local time.

Among the travelling 21-man party was Mane, who returns to the fold following a domestic suspension that ruled him out of the last three matches.

“He’s back and available again – and if he is available it makes sense to bring him from the beginning, but we will see,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com during the team’s flight to Moscow.

“It’s difficult to make the line-up already; we did some analysis of Moscow yesterday morning. That gives you a little insight [into our schedule] – you win at Leicester, have a team meeting when you come in [on Sunday], then you have the analysis meeting about Moscow and then an analysis meeting with the team about Leicester again. Then you go home and you watch Moscow and Newcastle because we play there a few days later!

“The next meeting with the players is tomorrow – and I have to go immediately to the press conference which is in a different hotel to our one, but then we will make the line-up.

“Sadio is back and it’s really good. He made all the normal training sessions. When you are injured or suspended you have to do more than the rest of the squad because you cannot play, so he should be OK.”

Elsewhere, Klopp will have a decision to make in defence due to the suspension of Joe Gomez following his red card against Sevilla in Liverpool’s last Champions League outing.

The boss admits it’s likely to mean an instant recall for Trent Alexander-Arnold, but no final decisions have yet been made.

He said: “It’s likely [Trent will start] but at the moment nothing is sure. But probably.”

Liverpool departed for Russia just over 40 hours on from the conclusion of their 3-2 victory at Leicester City on Saturday evening.

Klopp acknowledges the short time between the fixture at the King Power Stadium and Tuesday’s tie with Moscow will give him and his backroom team some food for thought when selecting the line-up, but doesn’t believe it’ll be an issue for his side.

“For sure, it’s something to think about but it’s not a problem,” stated the boss. “If you do it Saturday, Tuesday, Friday and then Monday that makes no sense, but this time is one time and it’s no problem.

“After Tuesday, we don’t play again until Sunday so it’s a long part of the week. It’s no problem.”

Elsewhere, Klopp reported no fresh injury concerns following the hard-fought contest at Leicester and believes Liverpool touched down in Moscow in high spirits.

Asked if there were any fitness worries within the squad, he replied: “Not really. There are normal things, but nothing we should think about. It’s all good. We have 18 players plus three goalkeepers with us.

“It’s a little bit different because we had to train this morning, which is a little bit too early for the game tomorrow. But we’re now long enough together and that’s European football and I like it. It’s always a little bit of a kind of adventure, things are different and sometimes not what we’re used to. Moscow is a big, big city and the traffic is intense!

“The shape in general is good, our form is good and the shape from the weekend is good, so no problem. We had a good success, three points, so the feeling is good – we’re all in a good mood and everything is fine.”
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Sep 25, 2017 06:51:22 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has indicated Sadio Mane could be restored straight back into Liverpool's starting line-up for Tuesday's encounter with Spartak Moscow – but final decisions on his XI won't be made until tomorrow morning.

Having trained at Melwood this morning, the Reds departed for Russia just after noon from John Lennon Airport, touching down in Moscow at approximately 6.25pm local time.

Among the travelling 21-man party was Mane, who returns to the fold following a domestic suspension that ruled him out of the last three matches.

“He’s back and available again – and if he is available it makes sense to bring him from the beginning, but we will see,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com during the team’s flight to Moscow.

“It’s difficult to make the line-up already; we did some analysis of Moscow yesterday morning. That gives you a little insight [into our schedule] – you win at Leicester, have a team meeting when you come in [on Sunday], then you have the analysis meeting about Moscow and then an analysis meeting with the team about Leicester again. Then you go home and you watch Moscow and Newcastle because we play there a few days later!

“The next meeting with the players is tomorrow – and I have to go immediately to the press conference which is in a different hotel to our one, but then we will make the line-up.

“Sadio is back and it’s really good. He made all the normal training sessions. When you are injured or suspended you have to do more than the rest of the squad because you cannot play, so he should be OK.”

Elsewhere, Klopp will have a decision to make in defence due to the suspension of Joe Gomez following his red card against Sevilla in Liverpool’s last Champions League outing.

The boss admits it’s likely to mean an instant recall for Trent Alexander-Arnold, but no final decisions have yet been made.

He said: “It’s likely [Trent will start] but at the moment nothing is sure. But probably.”

Liverpool departed for Russia just over 40 hours on from the conclusion of their 3-2 victory at Leicester City on Saturday evening.

Klopp acknowledges the short time between the fixture at the King Power Stadium and Tuesday’s tie with Moscow will give him and his backroom team some food for thought when selecting the line-up, but doesn’t believe it’ll be an issue for his side.

“For sure, it’s something to think about but it’s not a problem,” stated the boss. “If you do it Saturday, Tuesday, Friday and then Monday that makes no sense, but this time is one time and it’s no problem.

“After Tuesday, we don’t play again until Sunday so it’s a long part of the week. It’s no problem.”

Elsewhere, Klopp reported no fresh injury concerns following the hard-fought contest at Leicester and believes Liverpool touched down in Moscow in high spirits.

Asked if there were any fitness worries within the squad, he replied: “Not really. There are normal things, but nothing we should think about. It’s all good. We have 18 players plus three goalkeepers with us.

“It’s a little bit different because we had to train this morning, which is a little bit too early for the game tomorrow. But we’re now long enough together and that’s European football and I like it. It’s always a little bit of a kind of adventure, things are different and sometimes not what we’re used to. Moscow is a big, big city and the traffic is intense!

“The shape in general is good, our form is good and the shape from the weekend is good, so no problem. We had a good success, three points, so the feeling is good – we’re all in a good mood and everything is fine.”

Good to have Mane back.  TAA in for Gomez seems no brainer.  Great to go into this off the back of a win ...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35: Sep 25, 2017 06:59:15 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZfqtDFNC2k

That translator  :mad: credit to Klopp for being patient with her though!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #36: Sep 25, 2017 07:31:45 pm
      He's red, he's great, he's joseph stalin's mate, vladimir, up the red army !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #37: Sep 25, 2017 07:42:17 pm

State of that press conference.

Seemed like the Russian lot and Sky were doing their best to outdo each other on the most stupid question to ask.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #38: Sep 25, 2017 07:51:41 pm

Some of these questions... As a manager, you're there to have a little chat about your team and the opposition. Half the questions had nothing to do with either of those. Can't really fault the young woman, she clearly knew not much about football at all. At least use a translator that knows what the journalists / managers are going to talk about and that actually speaks decent English.

State of that press conference.

Seemed like the Russian lot and Sky were doing their best to outdo each other on the most stupid question to ask.

Exactly, F***ing hell.

The level of journalism (you really can't even call it that anymore) is at an alarming low. He was just laughing it all away the biggest part of the press conference, but he was clearly irritated by that Kane question and the end. Who even comes up with these questions?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #39: Sep 25, 2017 07:56:47 pm
      Karius
      TAA
      Matip
      Lovern
      Robertson (he needs to play in a BIG game. This may be the best big game to intergrade him in)

Gini
      Hendo
      Coutinho

Salah
      Mane

Bobby

(Bring in Studg, Ox and Mily toward the end)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Sep 25, 2017 08:27:00 pm
      Just tried to post my side using that team builder thingy, picked my side which is below, how do you copy and paste onto a different page, anybody ?

Spartak.... will have the shock of their wee Russian lives, cos the true Red army are coming to town, really can't see them causing us too much grief if i'm honest, although no mugs they will find it extremely difficult to cope with our high press and our fantastic 4,
      goal diff could be vital come the end of the group stage, finishing top of the group will keep us away from the likes of RM, Barca, BM, AM etc, Sevilla or us will top it but scoring a shed load in our next two will do us know harm,
      i can see us absolutely battering this lot, hopefully by 3 or 4, we're due to give out a proper hammering so why not these fuckers, anyhoo i'm off got things to do.....Mos-cow  ;D

YNWA

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2017 12:15:29 am by JD, Reason: Added in your created team »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41: Sep 25, 2017 08:49:25 pm
      Just tried to post my side using that team builder thingy, picked my side which is below, how do you copy and paste onto a different page, anybody ?

Anyhoo.....
                                                    Karius

TAA         Matip     Lovren    Robertson

Henderson

Wijnaldom                Coutinho

Salah                  Mane
                                                     Firmino

Spartak.... will have the shock of their wee Russian lives, cos the true Red army are coming to town, really can't see them causing us too much grief if i'm honest, although no mugs they will find it extremely difficult to cope with our high press and our fantastic 4,
      goal diff could be vital come the end of the group stage, finishing top of the group will keep us away from the likes of RM, Barca, BM, AM etc, Sevilla or us will top it but scoring a shed load in our next two will do us know harm,
      i can see us absolutely battering this lot, hopefully by 3 or 4, we're due to give out a proper hammering so why not these fuckers, anyhoo i'm off got things to do.....Mos-cow  ;D

YNWA

Copy cat  ;)

Yeah, I'd like to know how to too. I want to be civilized like Billy as well
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #42: Sep 25, 2017 09:04:46 pm

Anyhoo.....
                                                    Karius

Henderson

Wijnaldom                Coutinho

Firmino

YNWA

Here you go.

When you have finished the team, a code appears, copy that, and then paste in to the post.

Code for this team is
      Code: [Select]
      [team]461506369737A2351[/team]
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #43: Sep 25, 2017 09:55:19 pm
                                                    Karius

Henderson   Can

Coutinho             

Firmino
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Sep 25, 2017 11:23:22 pm
                                                    Karius

Henderson   Can

Coutinho             

Firmino

Think we might see Sturridge start ahead of Firmino but other than that, think this is pretty much what it will be like.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #45: Sep 26, 2017 07:09:19 am
      Mignolet

Milner
      Lovren
      Matip
      Robertson

Henderson
      Can