Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spartak?

Loris Karius
      1 (1.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      9 (10.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      10 (11.8%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      27 (31.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      28 (32.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (4.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Sep 30, 2017 09:44:55 pm

Spartak Moscow 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28934 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Spartak Moscow 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Sep 26, 2017 10:48:49 pm
      Approx 1.5x Ox and we could have had Aubameyang.

Why buy him? I mean if you buy him and seemed to want him that badly why not plag him. Why did he not throw him on ahead of Gini tonight even?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Spartak Moscow V Liverpool
      Reply #645: Sep 26, 2017 10:49:06 pm
      Unbelievable we've created that many top chances and only scored 1.

People can piss and moan all they like, I'll take huge encouragement with that away performance where if it'd been a boxing match the ref would have stopped it long, long ago.

Sure all our lads, Bobby, Salah, Mane and Sturridge had clear chances to win it, sometimes it's just written that it wont happen. Jürgen was furious with them for not having that killer instinct and that's fair enough but as he also says if you're not creating that's a bigger issue. We created enough to win about 3 games there.

At the back we had one issue all night, of course it results in a goal, just how things are right now. They'll change and things will pick up for us and the goals will be flowing once again, no doubt about it.

Remember Jay Jay Okocha playing for Bolton in the prem' one season must have had 25 or 30 shoots on goal that season and kept finding the woodwork... Your'e right.Sometimes it is not meant to be
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #646: Sep 26, 2017 10:49:14 pm
      To think, we were happy with this group we got. I'm thankful we didn't end up with some of the big hitters like Spurs and Celtic did or we could have been given a beating like what City gave us.

Regardless of this draw, and the first draw for that matter, we are lucky we are in such a poor group that we should be able to still comfortably finish in the top 2 of the group.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #647: Sep 26, 2017 10:50:00 pm
      I'll tell you if we can't take 6 points against Maribor then we will F**k ourselves. SURELY we'll get 6 points against Maribor? SURELY?!

You would certainly like to think so but from what I've heard these faired well against Spartak. I think it is Spartak who are the minnows of the group but all will become apparent soon.

I'd be willing to be money on Sevilla having less chances than we did against these but winning both games because they just look more professional.

We will have shot after shot against Marribor we just have to hope we find the net and also don't find a stupid way to concede.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #648: Sep 26, 2017 10:51:21 pm
      That will do for you? Really? Do you think any of the big boys in Europe would be happy with a point away in Moscow or would they expect to win? I understand optimism and even realism but at some point don’t our expectations have to move beyond a point away being a positive?

We're not one of the big boys yet, it's our first foray away from home in the CL in a while and we did ourselves justice in terms of performance, not getting what we clearly deserved.

People are jumping all over the negatives, it's almost gleeful, well I'll leave them to that. I know, without question, that Spartak Moscow came off that pitch absolutely begging for the final whistle, they were so out on their feet that they were dropping like flies, clinging on for dear life at the end. When you haven't won but you see your opponent so beat up like that, you should be able to take some comfort in it, rather than aiming shots left right and centre.

See you say don't our expectations move away from a point away being a positive, then unless it's a minnow then no. That's how you get out of the group stages, do the business at home and share the spoils away. It's tried and trusted and no matter what anyone attempts to tell me tonight I know we absolutely caned them. Frustration at 'only' having drawn, sure, I share that, but that's the kind of frustration I want in my team if given a choice. Frustrated that we didn't bang the 5 we deserved past them, sure, again that's a frustration I can personally live with.

Our lads are going through a time of it right now, tonight the defence kept everything out bar 2 shots really, but this time the attack has a night off when it comes to finishing. So the emphasis is placed on them, it's bullshit imo. People have got it in for us right now and you can feel them pecking away at us, well they can F**k right off imo. That performance deserved 3 points, that performance deserved about 5 goals and the performance at the back actually deserved a clean sheet, so I'm not going to moan that the rub of the green went completely against us yet we still managed a point away in Russia, not a chance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #649: Sep 26, 2017 10:56:35 pm
      The only assumption id make at this point is that theyll score in both games and their keeper will turn into Pat Jennings for the 2 nights

Hopefully Pat Jennings the 70 year old version.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #650: Sep 26, 2017 11:00:16 pm
      Although Firminho was w*nk today, Sturrdige didn't cover himself in glory. That sitter he missed in the 89th minute...

Yeah, they were both bog standard today. 

Shout out to Moreno tonight, actually looked the player I hoped he'd be when we signed him.

He's had a few decent games this season hasn't he.  Definitely got his head down and grafted - well done to him.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #651: Sep 26, 2017 11:01:22 pm
      Last six games:

Speaks volumes. Also conceded eleven goals in the same period.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #652: Sep 26, 2017 11:06:20 pm

Ouch. Love to see the opposite stat how many weve conceeded from how manh shots.

Jesus that savage creation why the poor return? Goalkeepers having game of their lives or are we counting shots that cannon off defenders or end up in row z??

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #653: Sep 26, 2017 11:08:26 pm
      Last six games:

Speaks volumes. Also conceded eleven goals in the same period.

Unacceptable.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #654: Sep 26, 2017 11:19:44 pm
      On a general point am i the only one getting utterly fu**ed off by how unprepared subs are these days, was expecting their keeper to have a cup of tea before coming on
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #655: Sep 26, 2017 11:24:09 pm
      On a general point am i the only one getting utterly fu**ed off by how unprepared subs are these days, was expecting their keeper to have a cup of tea before coming on

That substitution was a complete joke, as was the one at the end of the game on 90 mins that took 3 minutes or so. Realistically there could have been 20 minutes added time there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #656: Sep 26, 2017 11:24:21 pm
      We're not one of the big boys yet, it's our first foray away from home in the CL in a while and we did ourselves justice in terms of performance, not getting what we clearly deserved.

People are jumping all over the negatives, it's almost gleeful, well I'll leave them to that. I know, without question, that Spartak Moscow came off that pitch absolutely begging for the final whistle, they were so out on their feet that they were dropping like flies, clinging on for dear life at the end. When you haven't won but you see your opponent so beat up like that, you should be able to take some comfort in it, rather than aiming shots left right and centre.

See you say don't our expectations move away from a point away being a positive, then unless it's a minnow then no. That's how you get out of the group stages, do the business at home and share the spoils away. It's tried and trusted and no matter what anyone attempts to tell me tonight I know we absolutely caned them. Frustration at 'only' having drawn, sure, I share that, but that's the kind of frustration I want in my team if given a choice. Frustrated that we didn't bang the 5 we deserved past them, sure, again that's a frustration I can personally live with.

Our lads are going through a time of it right now, tonight the defence kept everything out bar 2 shots really, but this time the attack has a night off when it comes to finishing. So the emphasis is placed on them, it's bullshit imo. People have got it in for us right now and you can feel them pecking away at us, well they can f**k right off imo. That performance deserved 3 points, that performance deserved about 5 goals and the performance at the back actually deserved a clean sheet, so I'm not going to moan that the rub of the green went completely against us yet we still managed a point away in Russia, not a chance.

No we didn’t deserve 3 points. We got what we deserved. That’s usually how things work out in sports. If we’d have been more clinical then yes, we’d have got the 3 points we deserved. But as seems to be happening more and more as of late (which is why it’s alarming), we can’t finish. We got what we deserved. End of. The frustration is that we aren’t playing well enough to deserve to win.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #657: Sep 26, 2017 11:28:10 pm
      When was the last time we scored a late late winner in a game of this type? Couldn't do it against Burnley either in similar circumstances.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #658: Sep 26, 2017 11:31:37 pm
      No we didn’t deserve 3 points. We got what we deserved. That’s usually how things work out in sports. If we’d have been more clinical then yes, we’d have got the 3 points we deserved. But as seems to be happening more and more as of late (which is why it’s alarming), we can’t finish. We got what we deserved. End of. The frustration is that we aren’t playing well enough to deserve to win.

End of! :D

I like the scouse you're picking up, but if you want to reduce the discussion down to we drew, that's all we deserved because that's what the result says then go right ahead. I think football is far more intricate than you get what you deserve and you can derive plenty from the performance to either be a negative or a positive.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #659: Sep 26, 2017 11:31:56 pm
      When was the last time we scored a late late winner in a game of this type? Couldn't do it against Burnley either in similar circumstances.

During the game I was thinking about the Marseiile game, FMS, when Babel scored a goal in the, 85th min. We won 1-0.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #660: Sep 26, 2017 11:39:57 pm

Hello dortmund !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #661: Sep 26, 2017 11:40:11 pm
      End of! :D

I like the scouse you're picking up, but if you want to reduce the discussion down to we drew, that's all we deserved because that's what the result says then go right ahead. I think football is far more intricate than you get what you deserve and you can derive plenty from the performance to either be a negative or a positive.

Thanks I’m doing my best :D

I can see negatives and positives, the problem for me is, this is becoming a narrative at this point,  or an anomaly. If it were an anomoly I would be more apt to say hey, a draw away in Moscow, sometimes it happens. But the fact is, it’s been like pulling teeth for weeks now for us to score consistently.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #662: Sep 26, 2017 11:48:26 pm

Hello Europa league at this rate.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #663: Sep 26, 2017 11:54:59 pm
      With a couple of hours to reflect, I'm trying to stay positive and put this down to bad luck, a sh*te referee and a couple of players not taking their chances. We should still get out of this group.

We will beat better teams then this, teams that will actually play football. It's getting really hard to stay positive though that's the thing. Can I get away with saying it's still early in the season lads??
      I'm off to bed with a heavy heart
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #664: Sep 26, 2017 11:59:20 pm

I wouldn't call that a similar game of this type ie relatively low scoring, tight defending by one side etc. I'm thinking late goals to win matches 1-0 (remember Fulham away 2009?) or 2-1 which we seemingly can't find a way to do.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #665: Sep 27, 2017 12:15:31 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGVQTKPJR0U

Looking for a, relatively recent, late goal winner? Try that for starters
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #666: Sep 27, 2017 12:29:58 am
      Probably already been posted but I've just read we have had 121 shots in our last six games and scored 6 I think it was.

121 shots.

Quick Reply