Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spartak?

Loris Karius
      1 (1.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      9 (10.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      10 (11.8%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      27 (31.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      28 (32.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (4.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Sep 30, 2017 09:44:55 pm

Spartak Moscow 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29405 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Re: Spartak Moscow 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Sep 26, 2017 10:14:58 pm
      Morata, Kane,Aguero  , even Lacazette  any decent forward would love to play in middle of Salah and Mane and have coutinho behind. We are crying out for a CF . Early days but I am sure the 40m spent on Ox could have been spent on several more positions on the field
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Re: Live: Spartak Moscow V Liverpool
      Reply #622: Sep 26, 2017 10:15:55 pm
      Not at all. Not in the slightest. Those of us who have been calling for Sturridge were proven right again.

The All Mighty Firmino Believers were embarrassed.

Did I miss Studge scoring? Or did I see him waste some pretty good chances and lose the ball a lot?

Arguably as bad as Bobby considering Studge is an actual striker
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #623: Sep 26, 2017 10:16:59 pm
      Am sure they must have worked out everything at Melwood and to not get 3 pts that was deserved today must be very frustrating. The players really need to take the blame today.

He took off his main threat. He could have left him on and taken bobby off. He could have thrown chamberlain on instead of gini. He could have parhed his full backs up the pitch. No i wouldnt feel sorry for him much
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #624: Sep 26, 2017 10:17:06 pm
      Play Newcastle on Sunday do same thing park bus team we too slow in midfield pass sideways no plan b
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #625: Sep 26, 2017 10:17:21 pm
      Bobby was pish.

Danny was pish.

They should have a pish off.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #626: Sep 26, 2017 10:17:24 pm
      We don't take it upon ourselves to play a possession game - it just so happens

We could just lean back and let them build up their offense to use a lost ball or pass to counter attack. In my vision we play like those weak PL teams play against us and then we use the space we'd have "to sting like a bee". Do you think they would just not attack us and everybody would stay in their half for 90 min, because they could live with a 0-0? Hm...that'd be a hole in my vision....
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #627: Sep 26, 2017 10:19:10 pm
      Shout out to Moreno tonight, actually looked the player I hoped he'd be when we signed him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #628: Sep 26, 2017 10:21:53 pm
      Saw extended highlights, which should make a 'Would you believe' episode.
      Like everyone said, unreal how didn't win the game given the chances created.
      Yep, agree, on some other day we score 4. Or 5. But problem is, and has been, that too often in games were you need someone to be clinical and just go get that elusive winner, we leave the points behind. We don't have a quality natural finisher down that end.
      Closest we have is Cou, and he did it again tonight. What happens if we loose him?!?!

But even with all the chances Firmino, Salah and Studge missed, if our keeper saves a free kick hit pretty much down the middle, the points are in the bag. For me, Jürgen is responsible for that, cause personally don't see how you can ever start Karius. He is a shocking liability.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #629: Sep 26, 2017 10:21:54 pm
      Not at all. Not in the slightest. Those of us who have been calling for Sturridge were proven right again.

The All Mighty Firmino Believers were embarrassed.

They were both sh*t in the same way both our goalkeepers are sh*t.

In the same way Mignolet is our best keeper, Firmino is our best striker.

In 3 years time though if either or both remain our first choice in those positions we will have won nothing of note.

We have to find better than Firmino and bloody Sturridge whos been pretty sh*t for quite a long time now. Slow, selfish and moody. F**k that for a Liverpool striker, and Firmino with all the killer instincts of a Vegan on a hunting safari isn't worrying anybody either.

Salah gets the tap ins but is wasteful and Mane is our best player up there but isn't what I would call a natural goalscorer either.

People make out we need the hard working Firmino or we will self combust. Other clubs are managing just fine without that.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #630: Sep 26, 2017 10:23:12 pm
      How many years we going rebuilding Christ be hear that last few years
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #631: Sep 26, 2017 10:26:18 pm
      We could just lean back and let them build up their offense to use a lost ball or pass to counter attack. In my vision we play like those weak PL teams play against us and then we use the space we'd have "to sting like a bee". Do you think they would just not attack us and everybody would stay in their half for 90 min, because they could live with a 0-0? Hm...that'd be a hole in my vision....

We had a 5 on 2 in that match at 1 point and the only thing they could do was all run really fast and conspire to F**k it up by 1 of them being offside and not having the foresight to notice and the other missing an open net anyway.

Running fast won't get you many goals alone. There has to be more quality than that. Coutinho isn't rapid but he knows if he stops and then accelerates (like he did for his goal) thats more threatening to a defender than just bombing it flat out.

Pace alone will get you so far up the pitch and drop a defensive line right back in their own half, but then you need quality on top of that too.
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2017 10:31:05 pm by fields of anny rd »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #632: Sep 26, 2017 10:26:27 pm
      My ratings:

Karius: Had one job and didn't do it. I've seen enough, the lad is miles away from being good enough. Get shut, put it down as 5 million quid spunked and move on. 3/10

TAA: Under difficult circumstances he did well. Our best player was obviously Coutinho, but I get bored always giving him MOM so I gave it to Trent. Didn't have to do too much defending but when he did he did it well, knocked in a couple of good crosses. Well in young fella. 8/10

Matip: I think he's going through a bit of a sticky patch which is saying something considering he is THE Teflon member of the team. Looked a bit wobbly throughout with some very dodgy distribution. 5/10

Lovren: Did alright but in reality had f*** all to do. 6/10

Moreno: Did Ok really and it was the perfect game for him given he didn't have to defend. 7/10

Can: Awful, really really poor and was as culpable as the clown between the sticks for the goal. 4/10

Hendo: A real captains effort again. Once you get over the fact that he isn't Steven Gerrard (as Stevie would have scored a goal and won us that game) then Hendo's alright. 7.5/10

Coutinho: Obviously the best player on the pitch by a hundred miles, but although he has the highest mark I'm still giving MOM to TAA. Another fabulous goal. 9/10

Mane: Always looked lively, great pass for the Coutinho goal. Absolutely baffling decision by the manager to take him off, really bizarre. 7.5/10

Firmino: Jesus f****** christ. That was as bad a performance as I've ever seen in a European game from a Liverpool player. Absolutely horrific, missed a few sitters than had the chance to lay it on a plate for Salah and couldn't even make a five yard pass. 3/10

Salah: Thought he did pretty well. Might have had a penalty, should have scored at the end. 7/10.

Subs:

Sturridge: Dreadful, barely put a foot right once he came on, missed a couple of excellent chances. He was rapidly catching Firmino up at one point for the worst player on the pitch category, but when Bobby failed to find Salah in the dying seconds he put the argument well and truly to bed. 4/10.

Gini: What did he actually do? 3/10

If somebody else came on I can't remember them, so I'll give them a 3/10 for turning up.

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #633: Sep 26, 2017 10:31:28 pm
       :mad: :mad: :mad:

Same old same old
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #634: Sep 26, 2017 10:32:05 pm
      My ratings:

Karius: Had one job and didn't do it. I've seen enough, the lad is miles away from being good enough. Get shut, put it down as 5 million quid spunked and move on. 3/10

I agree but wouldn't throw him away just yet. It'd be enough to give Migs the full duty. He's not undisputed as we all know, but Jesus, he'll look like Manuel Neuer compared to Karius.

p.s. Also don't underestimate the 4cm Mig is longer than Karius. Karius looks a bit small for a goalkeeper and with 4 more centimeters he could have saved that ball.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #635: Sep 26, 2017 10:35:58 pm
      I'm kind of lost for words. We were very wasteful upfront. Watching that reminded me of watching Utd a few years ago in the Champions league where they bossed it but conceded an early goal and couldn't find a winner.

We defended well, the F***ing ref again was a joke. How he did he not cop on to these fuckers wasting time which was basically cramp if you ask me. What was the story with the golf cart? Limp off the field with your arm around the physio for fucks sake.

Do we need to change our tactics. Bobby for me has not been playing well lately. John Aldridge said something today which was interesting, play Mane through the middle with Couthino on the left. Maybe??
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Reply #636: Sep 26, 2017 10:37:21 pm
      Mate you can run them down all you like, I've seen the best teams in the world go to Russia and struggle to get results so I'm not going to moan about how we completely dominated the game and should have filled our boots.

Fair enough blame the lack of clinical finishing, but it's all 4 of our lads who had similar chances tonight to take the lead in that game, sometimes it's just one of those days.

Objectively we absolutely battered them to the point they were begging for the full time whistle, that'll do for me for an away game in the CL.

That will do for you? Really? Do you think any of the big boys in Europe would be happy with a point away in Moscow or would they expect to win? I understand optimism and even realism but at some point don’t our expectations have to move beyond a point away being a positive?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #637: Sep 26, 2017 10:40:33 pm
      Normally a point away in the CL WOULD be good, Luke is fair enough in saying that. Equally, it doesn't really matter as we'll surely qualify out of the group anyway (although not as winners now unless we win in Sevilla). That said, we have the dreamiest of dream draws here, this lot and the other team Mariwhatsisface are absolutely sh!te. We should be pulverising teams like this. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #638: Sep 26, 2017 10:41:06 pm
      I'm kind of lost for words. We were very wasteful upfront. Watching that reminded me of watching Utd a few years ago in the Champions league where they bossed it but conceded an early goal and couldn't find a winner.

We defended well, the f**king ref again was a joke. How he did he not cop on to these fuckers wasting time which was basically cramp if you ask me. What was the story with the golf cart? Limp off the field with your arm around the physio for fucks sake.

Do we need to change our tactics. Bobby for me has not been playing well lately. John Aldridge said something today which was interesting, play Mane through the middle with Couthino on the left. Maybe??

I think most managers would attempt something new and this for me is Jurgens weakness. Same thing over and over and over. Why not Mane  up central wiigh coutinho in behind. Salah on the right Mkremo on the left.Milner and Henddrson centre. Might not work but well never know because it wont be tried. Well havs Can and Gini and Bobby all out again Sunday Mo probably drop to the bench
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #639: Sep 26, 2017 10:44:36 pm
      They were dropping like flies with cramp as early as the hour mark...WTF !
      and as for that F***ing golf cart  !!  >:(

Probably the worst team in the tournament who hardly got out of their own half the whole game, and they were playing at home.

The amount of chances we had to wipe them off the face of the earth was embarrassing.

If we don't win our next game we can kiss the Champions league goodbye i'm afraid.

I need a drink. :f_steam:

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #640: Sep 26, 2017 10:45:36 pm
      I think putting it into context, even the likes of Celtic would have murdered them tonight.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #641: Sep 26, 2017 10:45:50 pm
      As i have said 3 years ago, Firminho will get you a goal once in 6 games and will play briliantly one in 6 games while the rest of the 5 games he's pretty invincible like Wijnaldum. Don't believe me, watch the games where they were in the team and put hand to heart and you know the answer. I won't really miss both if I were Klopp. Too inconsistent and the more we use them the more they will hold us back. Why take Mane off when Firminho should have been the one, I'm sure Spartak players were relieved to see that and Klopp really give the opposition the chance to get off the hook and it has now slowly turn into a bad habit.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #642: Sep 26, 2017 10:46:07 pm
      Approx 1.5x Ox and we could have had Aubameyang.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #643: Sep 26, 2017 10:47:15 pm
      I think putting it into context, even the likes of Celtic would have murdered them tonight.

Worst team ive seen. Genuinely think Dundalk or Cork City would have done them tonight. Hence my severe frustration

Quick Reply