Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Klopp and players body language

Read 4177 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Klopp and players body language
      Sep 26, 2017 10:23:38 pm
      Jürgen hasnt been his bubbly self lately. Look at his last few interviews. Look at the players anybody think they look like a bunch enjoying their football?

Is the pressure of expectancy weighing them down? Are we the fans to blame? Possibily other factors in the background? Or am I imagining it?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Klopp and players body language
      Reply #1: Sep 26, 2017 10:25:26 pm
      So what do the Body Language experts reckon  :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2: Sep 26, 2017 10:29:53 pm
      So what do the Body Language experts reckon  :D

Dont need to be  an expert. Whens the last time you got the impression any of them were loving what they do?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3: Sep 26, 2017 10:33:25 pm
      F*** body language, just stick the ball in the onion bag and then they'll all be smiling.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2017 10:35:17 pm
      F*** body language, just stick the ball in the onion bag and then they'll all be smiling.

True. Aside from those rare moments i think they look a miserable shower of bas**rds
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5: Sep 26, 2017 10:37:53 pm
      I think the players and the boss are feeling the pressure and rightly so - it's been a rough spell.

I'll take making and missing chances over some impotent possession wankathon any day though. It's not so far away.

We'll be fine.

Soon.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #6: Sep 26, 2017 10:56:16 pm
      I think the players and the boss are feeling the pressure and rightly so - it's been a rough spell.

I'll take making and missing chances over some impotent possession wankathon any day though. It's not so far away.

We'll be fine.

Soon.

Maybe Rafa will throw us a bone Sunday
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #7: Sep 26, 2017 11:03:52 pm
      We be poor draw against poor Walford team only just beat poor crystal palace team Leinster city just hang on beat very poor arsenal team early days but we need do lot better
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #8: Sep 26, 2017 11:23:10 pm
      Jürgen hasnt been his bubbly self lately. Look at his last few interviews. Look at the players anybody think they look like a bunch enjoying their football?

Is the pressure of expectancy weighing them down? Are we the fans to blame? Possibily other factors in the background? Or am I imagining it?

Pressure mate, that's all it is and self imposed expectations.

When things aren't going for you then you're bound to cut a frustrated figure. Could see it from loads off our lads tonight, especially as the game wore on. Who wouldn't be frustrated out there, think we made about 7 clear cut chances so it doesn't take a body language expert to hone in on those facts.

However they kept going and they kept plugging away. While some people will have only seen the frustrations, I saw the likes of Hendo really driving the team on in those last few minutes, our passing didn't drop to lofted hopeful balls, we were still pinging it around them and still cutting them open. Far be it from me to derive a positive out of those kind of situations because right now it seems people are happy to be looking for the negatives but I liked that. When times are toughest and when things aren't going for you and you still choose the right passes and right tempo, that gets a big thumbs up from me and bodes well for the future. We'll be battering teams in no time and hopefully the missed chances tonight will be fairly meaningless as we progress, but despite the frustrations there were things to take from this game that when reviewed Jürgen will be pleased with.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #9: Sep 27, 2017 05:45:53 am
      NOOOOOOOOOOO! not the body language experts already  :mad:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #10: Sep 27, 2017 07:06:53 am
      Everyone's body language changes when your winning! I don't go in for all that tbh, there is no doubt that Klopp is a bit spiky in his interviews recently but that's because he is a sore loser. All the best managers are.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #11: Sep 27, 2017 12:13:19 pm
      They look like a bunch that expect to be getting better results and are dumbounded as to why they aren't.

The reason that you aren't is that you aren't focusing on the basics...kick ball into back of net and don't allow the other team to kick ball into back of net. If they'd start doing that, they would all look like they were on the main float in the parade.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #12: Sep 27, 2017 12:14:12 pm
      They look like a bunch that expect to be getting better results and are dumbounded as to why they aren't.

The reason that you aren't is that you aren't focusing on the basics...kick ball into back of net and don't allow the other team to kick ball into back of net. If they'd start doing that, they would all look like they were on the main float in the parade.

Is that you woy ?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13: Sep 27, 2017 12:39:25 pm

Well at least it's comforting to know that no matter how bad things get, at least he's no longer in charge.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Sep 27, 2017 01:57:38 pm
      Klopp infectious enthusiasm is his modus operandi. If that's on the wane this early on we are in trouble. Think the Coutinho thing didn't help. Bound to be a bit of a hangover.

I think the owners snookered themselves over it. If a player wants out and puts in a request well it's best to let him go. His heart, professional that Phil undoubtedly is, isn't really in it.

The squad as a whole feels the it. Few bad results can leave the squad a bit flat. Need a thumping good win to help things along.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #15: Sep 27, 2017 02:39:10 pm
      The body language isn't great right, but what do you expect? Them to be happy with under performing? However, every team goes through the hard times each season. At least we are getting points out of our bad games. Our attack is to good to not score more. Pretty soon the boys are going to slow it down a few tenths of a second and start finishing these chances. Someone is getting fu**ed up soon!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #16: Sep 27, 2017 03:00:03 pm
      NOOOOOOOOOOO! not the body language experts already  :mad:

It's not plural. (Not really anyway)

We only ever had one self-declared body language expert on here; who could tell us what Colin Pascoe was thinking as he sat in his shorts whilst rubbing his chin.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #17: Sep 27, 2017 03:05:27 pm

We only ever had one self-declared body language expert on here; who could tell us what Colin Pascoe was thinking as he sat in his shorts whilst rubbing his chin.

In fairness, and with hindsight, I think we all knew big Pasc was thinking about Jaffa cakes......

Seems so obvious now (cue squiggly screen and a flashback scene).........
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2017 03:14:11 pm by Scotia »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #18: Sep 27, 2017 03:37:47 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: Sep 27, 2017 04:01:28 pm
      A 27 million pound net spend.

What do you expect  ...... miracles ?  He is trying .

Could be worse . Could be in Rafa's position of being completely let down with funds not available.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Sep 27, 2017 04:04:07 pm
      We be poor draw against poor Walford team only just beat poor crystal palace team Leinster city just hang on beat very poor arsenal team early days but we need do lot better

We not so the time we did bad but then we showed who did what good again. If this time we beat the other one, then maybe happy face will win the kick game.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21: Sep 27, 2017 04:13:43 pm

:lmao: I remember that, not the greatest days on the forum right there. We spent more time talking about teeth, haircuts, cars and birds than we did the football. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22: Sep 27, 2017 06:26:36 pm
      Pressure mate, that's all it is and self imposed expectations.

When things aren't going for you then you're bound to cut a frustrated figure. Could see it from loads off our lads tonight, especially as the game wore on. Who wouldn't be frustrated out there, think we made about 7 clear cut chances so it doesn't take a body language expert to hone in on those facts.

However they kept going and they kept plugging away. While some people will have only seen the frustrations, I saw the likes of Hendo really driving the team on in those last few minutes, our passing didn't drop to lofted hopeful balls, we were still pinging it around them and still cutting them open. Far be it from me to derive a positive out of those kind of situations because right now it seems people are happy to be looking for the negatives but I liked that. When times are toughest and when things aren't going for you and you still choose the right passes and right tempo, that gets a big thumbs up from me and bodes well for the future. We'll be battering teams in no time and hopefully the missed chances tonight will be fairly meaningless as we progress, but despite the frustrations there were things to take from this game that when reviewed Jürgen will be pleased with.

Not sure it's so much about pressure as getting the lads to focus, concentrate for a whole game, and get rid of the brain farts.

Remember as well what he said about the crowd singing songs about him?
      He wants the support and focus to be on the pitch gee'ing up the lads, not distracting them singing about the manager.

That's my take on it anyway.

Quick Reply