Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester Utd (14th Oct 2017 - 12:30)

Read 14498 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester Utd (14th Oct 2017 - 12:30)
      Reply #69: Oct 11, 2017 11:07:41 pm
      Thought we might struggle with the form we are in, but now without Mane, and two jet lagged Brazilians, i'm fearing the worst.
      Only solace I can find is, it's 11 against 11. Our lads just need to keep believing, keep concentrating, keep banging in the tackles, and put the F***ing chances in the old onion bag ! And we may have a chance.
      Not gonna select a side. Don't do that too often anyway, hoping for nothing less than a draw whoever plays.
      That keeps us on their coat tails, with our run of form to come.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #70: Oct 12, 2017 12:35:30 am
      NB: Team no longer available
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #71: Oct 12, 2017 07:53:21 am
      Reckon front three will be bobby, salah and couts with a three man midfield of can, hendo and gini
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #72: Oct 12, 2017 07:58:22 am
      Reckon front three will be bobby, salah and couts with a three man midfield of can, hendo and gini

No Ox?

If he isn't pushing for a start now at 35 million spent, then that is a massive concern IMHO.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #73: Oct 12, 2017 08:02:37 am
      No Ox?

If he isn't pushing for a start now at 35 million spent, then that is a massive concern IMHO.

I really like the Ox ("as I've said all along") but if he doesn't start getting on the team sheet soon, he'll begin to look like a transfer committee pick, if he doesn't already.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #74: Oct 12, 2017 09:23:48 am
      Looking forward to this game although I'm finding it impossible to predict which way it will go, it totally depends on the first goal I think, if they score early then it could be a bloodbath but if we get an early couple of goals then it could easily go the other way. Should be interesting.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #75: Oct 12, 2017 10:14:59 am
      Massive game, as always, but we can not be 10 points off top spot in mid October. 3 points is a must. My gut feeling is we wont get 3 unless we defend like men and put bodies on the line.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #76: Oct 12, 2017 10:40:07 am
      I really like the Ox ("as I've said all along") but if he doesn't start getting on the team sheet soon, he'll begin to look like a transfer committee pick, if he doesn't already.

I do recall Jürgen saying he first came across him when he was at Dortmund and IIRC AOC came on and changed the game or something like that. He was really impressed with him and has been a keen admirer since.

But with our best player out it's surely got to make way for a player he supposedly liked, so much so that he was happy to cough up an exorbitant amount for a player in the last year of his contract. Personally, I always thought it a buffer buy (similar to panic  ;D) in case Coutinho upped and left in the summer or winter window.

Anyway, the game...

Too much is against us IMHO - we used to be better off as underdogs. I reckon this one isn't going to go to a skank script.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #77: Oct 12, 2017 11:47:20 am
      Current form would suggest we'll be well beaten, but fortunately, form often goes out the window in this fixture.  Be interesting to see who starts; hope Robbo does, don't think Ox will.  All things considered, I can't see us getting any better than draw, so has to be 1-1. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #78: Oct 12, 2017 12:10:01 pm
      No Ox?

Reckon ox will start vs maribor
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #79: Oct 12, 2017 01:41:49 pm
      Don't why people think that Bobby going be able press when come back from Brazil jet lag l play ox and put Daniel upfront with salah and play can Henderson and countinho in midfield
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #80: Oct 12, 2017 01:42:11 pm
      Bring bobby on in second half
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #81: Oct 12, 2017 02:14:07 pm
      Am really struggling to be positive about the game and the season as whole. I think we really blew it with the transfer window, no CF and no CB plus the start we have made, struggling to score and the defence showing the same problems as the last few years. Have even lost the motivation to come on and post about it tbh. I love Jürgen I really do but I really don't fancy our chances tomorrow or for the season ahead. I think we'll get out of our Champs League group but reckon we're heading for 6th place in the League. Hopefully a performance tomorrow shake me out of this defeatist thinking. We will see. Have a feeling they will nick an ugly game 1-0 or perhaps a 1-1. We really need the win though.

I'd start Firmino, I was really disappointed in Studge the last game and he looks like he can only be effective coming on as a sub when the game is stretched and there is more time and space for him to effect the game. I really hope we are positive and play Ox, Coutinho and Salah in the same side. Dump the functional 3 man midfield of Hendo-Can-Gigi (only two of these should play). Gomez shouldn't get anywhere near the team.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #82: Oct 12, 2017 02:25:05 pm
      I agree Gomez has be poor mildfrield of can Gigi Henderson does not work lf klopp plays Gomez midfield of can Henderson Gigi can't see us get the win
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #83: Oct 12, 2017 02:26:54 pm
      One win in 7 marches that is very poor lose on Saturday then season over in league think we fhish about 6 in league
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #84: Oct 12, 2017 03:33:25 pm
      Drop Henderson and play Jimmy Milner , better player and also a better leader
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #85: Oct 12, 2017 03:58:28 pm
      By the mood in this thread we might as well not turn up and forfeit the game, save our legs then eh?

We're at home against the scum, our lads, international flights or F***ing what are going to be bang up for it. We'll press them from the start and give them a game like they haven't had all season. Maureen will try his bullshit bus tactics as ever and I can wait to smash a couple past them early and feel the belief come back to the crowd.

Great game to seize back the initiative and I expect both the lads and Jürgen to do exactly that!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #86: Oct 12, 2017 04:21:13 pm
      By the mood in this thread we might as well not turn up and forfeit the game, save our legs then eh?

We're at home against the scum, our lads, international flights or f**king what are going to be bang up for it. We'll press them from the start and give them a game like they haven't had all season. Maureen will try his bullshit bus tactics as ever and I can wait to smash a couple past them early and feel the belief come back to the crowd.

Great game to seize back the initiative and I expect both the lads and Jürgen to do exactly that!

I really hope you are right, and it will be very interesting to see if Maureen goes defensive or attacking.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #87: Oct 12, 2017 04:29:23 pm

We're at home against the scum, our lads, international flights or f**king what are going to be bang up for it. We'll press them from the start and give them a game like they haven't had all season. Maureen will try his bullshit bus tactics as ever and I can wait to smash a couple past them early and feel the belief come back to the crowd.

Well as you know cynicism is widespread these days in football Luke, and is perhaps indicative of a deeper malaise amongst many of the (once) faithful.

But I for one am grateful - I mean, look at the age we live in! Instant access at the click of a button allows us to watch replays of goals filmed from the telly as they go in on your 10 by 5cm iPhone device. Youtube stuffed to the brim with utterly inspirational FIFA goals from teenage boys striving hard for macho perfection and recognition. ‘Lad’ accounts bringing their hilarious brand of humour into the game to rib tickle the twitter masses. Endless football phone in’s that simultaneously act as a therapy group for men going through peak mid life crisis and Paul Merson. Phil Neville rightfully snagging a career as a figure of analytical authority. Blurry, frozen online streams with commentary in Arabic. Exciting Facebook videos of the team bus navigating the car park for a League Cup third round tie…LIVE! Redmen TV. Simon Mignolet emojis!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #88: Oct 12, 2017 05:09:21 pm
      I really hope you are right, and it will be very interesting to see if Maureen goes defensive or attacking.

Cant see him going defensive early doors considering your defence is so poor at present. If we go 2 up the maybe he then brings on the bus.  ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #89: Oct 12, 2017 05:13:33 pm
      Cant see him going defensive early doors considering your defence is so poor at present. If we go 2 up the maybe he then brings on the bus.  ;D

I agree. I think your midfield will be, Matic, Herrera and Mkhitaryan? If that is the case, there is no chance you guys will sit back, most likely dominating and controlling the midfield/game which will have us pegged back for the majority of the match.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #90: Oct 12, 2017 06:19:11 pm
      What is this sh*t on twitter about combined xi's , who gives a F**k
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #91: Oct 12, 2017 06:55:39 pm

Okay Keef..You've been glancing around the match thread, tell us what your travelling 11 would be and who you think will be your game changer.. ;D

Quick Reply