Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      23 (28.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (6.3%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (5%)
      Alberto Moreno
      8 (10%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (10%)
      Mohammed Salah
      12 (15%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      9 (11.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (3.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (2.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.3%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Oct 18, 2017 02:33:04 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27658 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Man Utd
      Reply #322: Oct 14, 2017 02:23:31 pm
      Missing that CF in the box im afraid chances are falling to players not natural finishers  :mad:
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #323: Oct 14, 2017 02:23:37 pm
      Once again we struggle against teams who park the bus. Utd and Lukaku come up against a top team for first time this season and both fail miserably!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #324: Oct 14, 2017 02:23:56 pm
      What's wrong with that he had a very good game?

Best player on  the pitch. Gomez for me too.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #325: Oct 14, 2017 02:24:31 pm
      Gutted.

Deserved to win that game on any measure you're going to choose. No doubt the 'bus parkers' argument will be used when we're talking about United who have been smashing people for 4 all over the place.

Can't even bring myself to do ratings at the moment, we absolutely should be winning that game with the chances to Matip/Salah/Can one of those has to be put away. That's not struggling to make chances, that's struggling to convert them which is just so typical of our season and how things are going for us right now.

So many top performances from our lads, Coutinho, Salah, Bobby, Moreno, Lovren, Wijnaldum all played really well. Only real negative was Gomez in the first half a touch and Can by far our weakest player in my opinion.

Klopp got it spot on other than the chances being converted. Infuriating.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #326: Oct 14, 2017 02:24:40 pm
      And given the state of our defending and goalkeeping this season and given Man Utd's form so far you would really have thought they could have shown more and got away with something more. Couple with our pathetic form in front of goal some would say we should be content with a point.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #327: Oct 14, 2017 02:24:40 pm
      What's wrong with that he had a very good game?

Yeah he did thought gini, coutinho and salah especially in the first half had better games
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #328: Oct 14, 2017 02:25:15 pm
      Didn’t have the killer instinct. That’s what having a world class goalkeeper gives you... puts the doubts in any player going for a strike.

United were F***ing abysmal, horrific. Embarrassing performance from them
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #329: Oct 14, 2017 02:25:47 pm
      Coutinho and Salah coming off killed our game.. mindboggling substitutions :f_doh:

Not true.

Salah was running out of ideas. Chamberlain filled-in perfectly.

We didn't take our foot off the pedal.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #330: Oct 14, 2017 02:26:25 pm
      But what do we expect with a midfield of Hendo, Gini and Can? They don't create anything and don't defend anything.

Got to say, where he performed well in that Leicester week, Hendo's reverted back to type. Needed a midfield general who would grab this game by the balls and we didn't get it.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #331: Oct 14, 2017 02:26:58 pm
      Can't fault the effort of the players and from box to box we looked tidy on the ball. I think Klopp could have made his subs earlier but then I think that most weeks, he was erring in the side of caution. Truth is if we had beaten Newcastle last time out then a point at home to the man said is not bad but that's our 4th draw in 8 games. Have to agree with Gary Neville on Joe Gomez, Coutinho was the best player on the pitch but Gomez had a fine game. If fact the biggest plus is that hopefully our back 5 can take some confidence from this game and build on it from here, they actually played like a unit.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #332: Oct 14, 2017 02:27:04 pm
      Game we should have won, and I bet we would have if we had Mane!!! Don't think anyone had a bad game, but I though Firmino was our MOTM, he was everywhere, held the ball up very well and bought players into play.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #333: Oct 14, 2017 02:27:05 pm
      I have typed morinho 7 F***ing times and the predictive text changes to nourishing

Anyway - can’t Remember what I was going to moan about - except that if we had played for another 25 hours we still wouldn’t have scored - a point was always the best we could hope for 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #334: Oct 14, 2017 02:27:21 pm
      Gomez was by far the best player on the pitch, don’t know why people are finding it funny. Unfortunately for us, if your RB is the best player on the pitch then you probably won’t be winning tight games like this one.

Frightening how the goals have dried up so dramatically - need to find a solution before the season slips away from us.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #335: Oct 14, 2017 02:27:33 pm
      One high probability chance from LFC in 90 min. with 60% ball possession.  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: Again, I blame the system, it's too static. And don't say our defense was a positive, ManU just wanted a safe draw, played accordingly and didn't actually try our defense. What a move backwards from a year ago. IMHO Klopp has to selfscout his system, it's ineffective.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #336: Oct 14, 2017 02:28:02 pm
      Frustrated another game we should have won don't think they had a shot on target
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #337: Oct 14, 2017 02:28:20 pm
      And given the state of our defending and goalkeeping this season and given Man Utd's form so far you would really have thought they could have shown more and got away with something more

Weird that he didn't even try. If I was a dirty Manc c**t, which I thank F**k every day I'm not, I'd be too embarrassed to even show my face. then again those tramps have no shame.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #338: Oct 14, 2017 02:29:18 pm
      Good game management except for subs coming on late and Stu has no business coming on.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #339: Oct 14, 2017 02:29:25 pm
      But what do we expect with a midfield of Hendo, Gini and Can? They don't create anything and don't defend anything.

It is sh*t really isn't it though when your front three basically have to do everything themselves in an attacking sense .

Can't wait for Keita, mostly looking forward and actually turns and runs at the heart of defences. Going to make a massive difference to our team.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #340: Oct 14, 2017 02:29:33 pm
      Not gonna lie, I would be happy with a point before the game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #341: Oct 14, 2017 02:29:35 pm
      Gutted.

Deserved to win that game on any measure you're going to choose. No doubt the 'bus parkers' argument will be used when we're talking about United who have been smashing people for 4 all over the place.

United came to park a bus and frustrated us. We're creating a few guilt edged chances that fall to serial missers of chances and we create some half chances.

This is no MSN we have up front here. There's a lack of incision in our game.

As for United you have to admire their nerve in a way. To spend so much money and to rock up here and do that takes some brass neck.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #342: Oct 14, 2017 02:30:32 pm
      Utd came to not get beat. Did well defensively, almost nothing going forward. Disappointingly cautious approach.
      Thought we did OK, first 30 mins boring, opened up after that. Had some chances, most snap efforts, just not clinical again.

Migs - 6, a save from Lukaku was his days work
      Moreno - 7, did well, quick and got forward well, moreso in first half
      Matip - 6, solid enough on a quiet day
      Lovren - 6, same ^
      Gomez - 7, did well defending, an improved performance from Joe
      Hendo - 5, thought today he needs to be a lot more positive, but wasn't
      Gini - 7, best of the CMs imho, some v good runs, generally good today
      Can - 6, couple of good runs too, but looked a bit leggy
      Coutinho - 7, always think he makes us tick with his positive approach, disappointed to see him go off
      Salah - 6.5, good first half, much quieter in 2nd
      Firmino - 6, did well enough, but lacking finishing touch

Danny - 5, no impact
      AOC - 6, some decent runs, crosses, livened things up a bit
      Solanke - why bother, too late

Jürgen - 7, left the subs too late. Could've been more positive too and leave Bob or Cou on and take off Hendo. But in general, we were by far the dominant side, just again missed a clinical finish
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #343: Oct 14, 2017 02:30:44 pm
      As the fella on the radio just said there - 'I didn't see anything from Henderson that somebody else couldn't have done and he's supposed to be the leader of this team'.

Can and Wijnaldum did bits, Salah tricky but again not finding the net.

A positive has to be our defending as a team which was better than it has been recently.

Going to have to win midweek though redmen.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #344: Oct 14, 2017 02:30:56 pm
      Good game management except for subs coming on late and Stu has no business coming on.

Didn't do anything did he, I understand Jürgen using him but it wont be long until it's Solanke getting the nod first. I would already but with player egos, wage packets etc it's hard to make that call because I think once you do there's no way back for Studge.

Quick Reply