Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      23 (28.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (6.3%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (5%)
      Alberto Moreno
      8 (10%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (10%)
      Mohammed Salah
      12 (15%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      9 (11.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (3.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (2.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.3%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Oct 18, 2017 02:33:04 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27956 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Oct 14, 2017 04:04:41 pm
      https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/10/video-Jürgen-klopps-post-match-press-conference-liverpool-0-0-man-united/

Put this in here because people moaning about chances not = results, but as Jürgen says, he's too long in the game to return to such a basic premise of football to take the conversation to such a simplistic level. If you know anything about football you'll understand how creating as many chances as we did today, against a team set up to completely deny chances, was really, really good.

Good press conference that by the boss, well explained.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #415: Oct 14, 2017 04:07:04 pm
      Klopp needs more ruthless next summer move on few players be honest he going have spent up 200 million get to team going for league title we have money spent when sell Phil little Brazil best player for over 100 million can leave Daniel Miller and one two more move on look at have bring in least 5 players in next summer
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #416: Oct 14, 2017 04:07:50 pm
      That sounds like other rebuilt Job on next season
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #417: Oct 14, 2017 04:12:14 pm
      The most predictable game of the season that one, who would have thought that Jose was playing for a boring 0-0, so bloody obvious, so frustrated, but a point was expected, just knew that United would come and be so negative and spoil the game, but also knew LFC would struggle to break them down and create clear cut chances, our build up play was too slow again, midfield 3 all slow the game down and are not positive enough, and give teams time to get into position, cant wait for Neita, plus points Gomez had a blinder, best game for the reds, and Salah great first half, all in all not good enough!!
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #418: Oct 14, 2017 04:13:12 pm
      Why did sterling leave Phil what go Barcelona can what out because they what go clubs that win things and owners will spent big on players not hope young players will turn in world stars only way see these great club winning league or cups is owners spent big and manger will spent money
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #419: Oct 14, 2017 04:23:19 pm
      Another one on the ignore list, absolutely nothing better to do with your time than focus on one agenda. Pathetic.

Seriously  would not be arsed mate, his comment is perversely negative and not worth a response. Better to let the F***ing crank just ramble on with his unhinged comment, as unworthy of consideration as it is.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Reply #420: Oct 14, 2017 04:23:41 pm
      Seeing Man City score freely and we cant. :(

Though performance wise we played pretty well, big step up from Newcastle.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #421: Oct 14, 2017 04:28:51 pm
      Not klopp fault not sure he win league here when he leave till fsg sell club we least get owners spent up 100 million year not have sell best players then we always be live in our great past
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #422: Oct 14, 2017 04:39:22 pm
      Obviously the league is fu**ed but I think we need just one day for everything to go in... I mean a good hiding is coming for someone soon and once that happens I think we're gonna start twatting people again.

Literally all were missing is the goals really, once we get a good result the flood gates will open and this run will be behind us.

We'll be finishing teams off in the first half again.

Tuesday will do.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #423: Oct 14, 2017 04:46:24 pm
      Mourinho the genius didn’t even try and test the worst defence in the league - mystifying

No surprises at all in this game

The f**ker just try to make our owner/board members believe that our current squad are already world class so we end up no reinforcement, and even it's a joke I'm still can't help feel a bit fear of it ;D
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #424: Oct 14, 2017 05:00:48 pm
      Jamie carragher right but it truth lf klopp can't win league title hear or owners don't spent money on top players what chance do have ever win league title
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #425: Oct 14, 2017 05:09:52 pm
      Well, we deserves to win and we were the better team. We just need to start scoring again, from the tons of chances we create. It will come, we are just off form atm and it happens to every team.
      Good news is that we kept clean sheet, mig disnt make a blunder and our midfield looked good.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #426: Oct 14, 2017 05:19:58 pm
      Is it harsh? Exact same problem as last year against them and against numerous other teams.

For me, Keita will make a huge difference but we also need a real, incisive attacking threat. Salah shows glimpses but we need an out and our number 9 who is going to guarantee us 25 goals a season before we will be able to beat the bus parkers.

And they don't come cheap.
      Problem is mate that striker must seamlessly fit into Klopp's requirement (is work hard come first) or he will never look at them, and in this generation I just see only one player perfectly suit that he's Luis Suarez. But Luis is out of our reach so unless Firmino turn out to be Neymar (as he say Klopp promise to make him to be Neymar) it's beyond my imagine where that player come from, Timo Werner maybe ?

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #427: Oct 14, 2017 05:23:53 pm
      United were awful today.

Their manc tw*t fans sat next to us were even worse.

BUT they came only for a point and left with it so for them today is a good result.

Hard to say if our defence has improved as it was never really threatened all game.

We needed the 3 pts today all the fans leaving the ground were deflated.

Next game is massive we absolutely have to start putting our chances away or we'll start slipping further from top 4.

I still think we will finish 4th but that's a minimum expectation or we're another step back again.

Mane and Lallana are huge losses as well. However I was encouraged by Ox's performance when be came on I would like Klopp to start him against Spurs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #428: Oct 14, 2017 05:32:00 pm
      United were awful today.

Their manc tw*t fans sat next to us were even worse.

BUT they came only for a point and left with it so for them today is a good result.

Hard to say if our defence has improved as it was never really threatened all game.

We needed the 3 pts today all the fans leaving the ground were deflated.

Next game is massive we absolutely have to start putting our chances away or we'll start slipping further from top 4.

I still think we will finish 4th but that's a minimum expectation or we're another step back again.

Mane and Lallana are huge losses as well. However I was encouraged by Ox's performance when be came on I would like Klopp to start him against Spurs.

For who?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #429: Oct 14, 2017 05:41:17 pm

Maybe Gini as he rarely turns up away from home. Or for any one of the midfield three today. We're not scoring goals and it will be even harder to do so away to Spurs especially with Mane out. Not that Ox is a goal scorer but we need more attacking threat out there.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,723 posts | 880 
      Reply #430: Oct 14, 2017 05:53:45 pm
      Problem is mate that striker must seamlessly fit into Klopp's requirement (is work hard come first) or he will never look at them, and in this generation I just see only one player perfectly suit that he's Luis Suarez. But Luis is out of our reach so unless Firmino turn out to be Neymar (as he say Klopp promise to make him to be Neymar) it's beyond my imagine where that player come from, Timo Werner maybe ?

Exactly.

What Striker will Klopp actually play? We've had a couple here in his time, and he's hardly given them a look in. Firmino is his man. Firmino is his mould. Unless a "striker" is a Firmino type (not a typical striker) he won't get games.

Klopp has built a non-striker system. A front 3 that rotate. All equal. All flair type who can "contribute goals" but none are your 25 goal striker as mentioned. Aguero would not get in our team.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,723 posts | 880 
      Reply #431: Oct 14, 2017 05:56:57 pm
      Seriously  would not be arsed mate, his comment is perversely negative and not worth a response. Better to let the f**king crank just ramble on with his unhinged comment, as unworthy of consideration as it is.

But he is. Because he can't accept opinions he does not like - he can't stand to "read" them. Hence the ignore list.  :D
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,525 posts | 719 
      Reply #432: Oct 14, 2017 06:29:00 pm

we should buy jamie vardy. No joke.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #433: Oct 14, 2017 06:33:23 pm
      Usual people spouting their usual sh*t.

Before the game people were petrified of United, so many telling me that they'll dominate possession, that they'll hammer us and could see nothing but a loss.

After the game everyone is an expert and suddenly knew that United would set up as they did, knew that we'd squander top quality chances and knew that United would apparently not even try to create (what a load of sh*t that is).

We penned them back, we had them on the ropes time and time again but couldn't land the crucial blow, that is the theme of our season. It doesn't matter if you're parking the bus or you're driving a mini we're just not catching the breaks right now in terms of our finishing. Sure blame it on not being clinical enough but really when Can bangs in a worldy for Germany but misses that against United from about 5 yards out? Matip forces De Gea to produce a worldy with his feet and Salah can't pass it into the net after that.

Lovren had other chances, Coutinho too, Gini, Gomez, sure you can say some of them are half chances but when you create so many half chances and top chances you should be at least scoring one. Anyone continuing the narrative of negativity after producing that level of performance is just showing their lack of perspective and ability to look beyond the most obvious and simple definitions.

Proud of the lads today, yet another strong performance.

Mourinho got what Mourinho wanted. You can dress it up a million ways fella but he came to Anfield once more to park a big dirty manc bus and we huffed and puffed but in reality created very little other than the Matip chance where we looked like scoring.

Even when we create a chance it's odds against it will find the net. Just look at when Coutinho fed Firmino in. He was yards offside but check that finish he produces out. Straight at De Gea from next to the penalty spot.

We could create lots of chances or a few chances at the moment, there's nobody to stick it away.

Firmino is a bloke who goes on these barren spells every season then he'll bag 3 in 3 and then 0 in 4 then 2 in 3 then 0 in 6.

He's no liverpool leading striker. Ever. I'm telling you now we will never win a league with him as the 9 - false or otherwise.

That position is bare. Nobody can tell me that out of the manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs and ourselves that we are not the weakest in that position, because we are by miles.

Sturridge had to go last season, Firmino had to move position or hit the bench and we had to sign a striker who is goal hungry.

Arsenal addressed it, United addressed it, Chelsea addressed it. The others were already kitted out in that area.

We did nothing, we will probably win nothing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #434: Oct 14, 2017 06:43:17 pm
      Toothless.

Guess Jürgen still hasn’t figured out how to beat the bus parkers.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #435: Oct 14, 2017 07:17:56 pm
      However I was encouraged by Ox's performance when be came on I would like Klopp to start him against Spurs.

Yep can agree with that. First time I'd seen him look like he has a player in him that could work for us.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1660 
      • YNWA
      Reply #436: Oct 14, 2017 07:19:00 pm
      Very quiet match thread.

Maureen sure knows how to suck the enjoyment out of a game.

Nobody would've argued with 1-0. or 2-0 to us. But we coughed up a lot of chances again, same ol, same ol on that front.

How F***ing depressing it is to see Utd play like that. Joint top of the table, you think they'd have the balls to come to us, not in the greatest of form, and try to win it.  But no, bore the F**k out of everyone at the ground, and everyone watching on TV. Can only remember 1 shot from Lukaka. If you come and try, but end up backs to the wall defending, fair enough. But they just came to defend. Training ground. Congratulations Maureen, job well done!!

Quick Reply