Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      23 (28.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (6.3%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (5%)
      Alberto Moreno
      8 (10%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (10%)
      Mohammed Salah
      12 (15%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      9 (11.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (3.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (2.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.3%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Oct 18, 2017 02:33:04 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27966 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Oct 15, 2017 12:22:49 am
      Jose you F***ing c**t, come to park the Bus, didn't even try to F***ing score.

He's happier for us to drop 2 points more then his side winning.

Unadventurous bunch of cu*ts, the lot of them.

One man team, without De Gea they'd be fu**ed.

In the end I was more relieved that those cu*ts didn't jag a late F***ing arsey F***ing winner! That would have made me uncontrollably sick!!!

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #461: Oct 15, 2017 12:37:01 am
      Just me premier league is become two horse race with city utd look like going be like that next few years both clubs with most money just can't see us be ever premier league title team in future on less we spend up 100 million plus every summer on maybe two or three top players and keep best players
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #462: Oct 15, 2017 12:39:01 am
      Look at us aresanl even think spurs who end selling best players in end us aresanl l think spurs won't last pace league over these teams and only in October
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #463: Oct 15, 2017 12:43:23 am
      Somebody posted an article about the demise of this fixture.

And Moreno hugging Manc players on the field of play after a game epitomises everything wrong with this fixture now.

Imagine Gerrard and Neville high-fiving & hugging each other after a Liv/Manc game.

That's because there's no local investment in the fixture nowadays. To Moreno and de Gea it was just another massive game. To Gerrard and Neville it was a bloodsport.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #464: Oct 15, 2017 12:52:00 am
      Again, all the whiny gobshites, who only ever complain.

Yeah, we had enough chances to win.
      We didn't; tough sh*t.

What is happening is that we will soon start to trounce teams.
      And of course, that means the whiny bitches will F**k off, hopefully.

Oh, maybe not, maybe we'll see another round of "why player X isn't good enough, and I know more than one of the best coaches in the world"

Maybe try a low block, eh.
      (oh and BTW, a low block is more about cutting down passing lanes than blocking runs, you dumb, never watched a match, couldn't recognise a stadium, or a pivot, cockwomble)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #465: Oct 15, 2017 12:53:42 am
      Our much maligned midfield was excellent today.

Gini was a F***ing animal.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #466: Oct 15, 2017 01:10:17 am
      If some of our players used their brain a bit more and stop running at 500 kms/hr and running thorough brickwalls and got themselves injured all over we would be in a much much better position now. Our accuracy in shooting is shocking. I have said it before, do the bloody training in shooting at Anfield and not melwood. We don;t seems to know where to place the ball. When is Lovren going to head accurately, Hypia must give him some intensive training on that.

We simply lacked a world class striker and we would have won the game if we had one.

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2017 05:27:57 am by redkop63 »
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #467: Oct 15, 2017 01:13:37 am
      Again, all the whiny gobshites, who only ever complain.

Yeah, we had enough chances to win.
      We didn't; tough sh*t.

What is happening is that we will soon start to trounce teams.
      And of course, that means the whiny bitches will f**k off, hopefully.

Oh, maybe not, maybe we'll see another round of "why player X isn't good enough, and I know more than one of the best coaches in the world"

Maybe try a low block, eh.
      (oh and BTW, a low block is more about cutting down passing lanes than blocking runs, you dumb, never watched a match, couldn't recognise a stadium, or a pivot, cockwomble)

Classy
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #468: Oct 15, 2017 01:54:33 am
      Only thing we play for these year fa cup sick top 4 fhish just get in champion league we don't even buy top players when get into top 4 we slow become like aresanl football club
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #469: Oct 15, 2017 02:03:17 am
      Firstly, for those who think Utd and their manager executed their game plan to perfection:

1. they have spent 300 million unanswered under Mourinho, he has the players he wants and they park the f*cking bus? Don't even try to play. Tony Pulis is anti-football and Mourinho is a master? For those who say he is, you are lying to yourself  if we are going down the 'honesty' route.

How we played today against basically 11 behind the ball. Well utd created fuckall because they didn't try to create anything. Lukaku stumbling through once was it.

We created several good openings and a little better decision making and we score.
      Coutinho should have had a penalty.

But in reality 1 team whom have spent a huge amount of cash played with 11 behind the ball to draw and so restricted us to a few chances. SO if you think we should be embarrassed and them delighted, then that's up to you. I for one think we did well and Utd were a complete embarrassment.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #470: Oct 15, 2017 06:52:26 am
      Firstly, for those who think Utd and their manager executed their game plan to perfection:

1. they have spent 300 million unanswered under Mourinho, he has the players he wants and they park the f*cking bus? Don't even try to play. Tony Pulis is anti-football and Mourinho is a master? For those who say he is, you are lying to yourself  if we are going down the 'honesty' route.

How we played today against basically 11 behind the ball. Well utd created fuckall because they didn't try to create anything. Lukaku stumbling through once was it.

We created several good openings and a little better decision making and we score.
      Coutinho should have had a penalty.

But in reality 1 team whom have spent a huge amount of cash played with 11 behind the ball to draw and so restricted us to a few chances. SO if you think we should be embarrassed and them delighted, then that's up to you. I for one think we did well and Utd were a complete embarrassment.

I honestly don't get this mentality; it's like we don't get the result we want and we bi*ch and moan about the money the Mancs spent and the embarrassment of their style.

Honestly, I couldn't give a f**k about them, but if that's how you find your equilibrium after a game like that then bully for you.

But I'll play Devil's Advocate here:

Those cu*ts who spend all that money have been trouncing teams left, right and centre - apparently it is one of their best starts EVER in the Premier League era. No easy feat considering that they used to dominate this league in the 90's.

You bemoan their style and blame them for us not winning. Difference between them and us is they can clearly adapt and play accordingly, we can't. So where they trounce cannon fodder almost weekly, we can't. For that they are up 7 pts on us, we were at home - Maureen decided to do what he did last year at Anfield - the c**t is a bad loser, the c**t would happily keep a clean sheet and would be more than content to take a point, than lose to a club that has often rattled him in the past. He didn't need to win, we did. We are seven points behind them, he chose to change his style and got what he wanted.

And do you know what, if he can win more matches by stifling teams one minute, and then blowing others away the next that embarrassment of riches you speak of will easily finish above a team that is nowhere near as streetwise, clinical, incisive and as pragmatic. While we're busy wagging our fingers at the Munts telling them this is how the game should be played after spending all that money, do you honestly think those cu*ts over at Castle GreySkull will give a f**k about your moral superiority when they're picking up silverware and actually challenging for honours come the season's end?!
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2017 07:01:52 am by Beerbelly »
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #471: Oct 15, 2017 07:15:33 am
      You bemoan their style and blame them for us not winning. Difference between them and us is they can clearly adapt and play accordingly, we can't. So where they trounce cannon fodder almost weekly, we can't. For that they are up 7 pts on us, we were at home - Maureen decided to do what he did last year at Anfield - the c**t is a bad loser, the c**t would happily keep a clean sheet and would be more than content to take a point, than lose to a club that has often rattled him in the past. He didn't need to win, we did. We are seven points behind them, he chose to change his style and got what he wanted.
      It's perfectly reasonable tactics when playing away against top sides. Set your team up to keep a clean sheet and hope to nick three points.

But I would also add that if we scored they have the players to change tactics and would of adapted as needed
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #472: Oct 15, 2017 07:59:26 am
      It's perfectly reasonable tactics when playing away against top sides. Set your team up to keep a clean sheet and hope to nick three points.

But I would also add that if we scored they have the players to change tactics and would of adapted as needed

Agreed on both points.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #473: Oct 15, 2017 09:28:34 am
      I honestly don't get this mentality; it's like we don't get the result we want and we bi*ch and moan about the money the Mancs spent and the embarrassment of their style.

Honestly, I couldn't give a f**k about them, but if that's how you find your equilibrium after a game like that then bully for you.

But I'll play Devil's Advocate here:

Those cu*ts who spend all that money have been trouncing teams left, right and centre - apparently it is one of their best starts EVER in the Premier League era. No easy feat considering that they used to dominate this league in the 90's.

And do you know what, if he can win more matches by stifling teams one minute, and then blowing others away the next that embarrassment of riches you speak of will easily finish above a team that is nowhere near as streetwise, clinical, incisive and as pragmatic. While we're busy wagging our fingers at the Munts telling them this is how the game should be played after spending all that money, do you honestly think those cu*ts over at Castle GreySkull will give a f**k about your moral superiority when they're picking up silverware and actually challenging for honours come the season's end?!

Yes I must admit I've been a bit baffled by the reaction to Mourinho's tactics on here. If it was really true that in actual fact we hadn't been "worked out" by the bus parkers (sorry, "low blockers") then I'm pretty sure Mourinho would have gone for it more.

We really shouldn't be surprised that he didn't fall victim to the Bobby Firmino led "operation storm" (and to be clear, I thought that was Firmino's best performance for weeks). Teams have seen what we do and are adapting. We must either get much better at what we do, or have an alternative approach.

All that said, a point at home against them isn't a disaster. Drawing against cannon fodder repeatedly is (if you want to challenge for the title, and it would take a bit of an optimist to hope for that right now).

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #474: Oct 15, 2017 09:35:29 am
      One other point. I notice the "we need to talk about Henderson" thread, and in fairness to its starter he acknowledges the reference to the Gerrard one of the same name, probably one of the most embarrassing I've seen in the boards.

I think we may be more served by a "we need to talk about Bobby Firmino" thread, or at least "we need to talk about having a centre forward who rarely scores because he doesn't actually play there" one. Perhaps even a "how can we get Bobby Firmino into the team alongside a bloke who actually plays centre forward".

At the moment, as Sturridge's insipid performances are showing, Bobby is the only viable option. Surely though at some point we are going to get ourselves a real striker aren't we? And I mean before we've waited three seasons to decide whether or not Solanke is up to it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #475: Oct 15, 2017 10:20:31 am
      One other point. I notice the "we need to talk about Henderson" thread, and in fairness to its starter he acknowledges the reference to the Gerrard one of the same name, probably one of the most embarrassing I've seen in the boards.

I think we may be more served by a "we need to talk about Bobby Firmino" thread, or at least "we need to talk about having a centre forward who rarely scores because he doesn't actually play there" one. Perhaps even a "how can we get Bobby Firmino into the team alongside a bloke who actually plays centre forward".

At the moment, as Sturridge's insipid performances are showing, Bobby is the only viable option. Surely though at some point we are going to get ourselves a real striker aren't we? And I mean before we've waited three seasons to decide whether or not Solanke is up to it.

Peak Torres in this team would be utterly unplayable Mick.

And don’t get me started on Ian Rush - this generation didn’t invent the feckin’ press  :roll:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #476: Oct 15, 2017 10:26:35 am
      Peak Torres in this team would be utterly unplayable Mick.

And don’t get me started on Ian Rush - this generation didn’t invent the feckin’ press  :roll:

They didn't invent the press mate you're quite right, Rushie made Bobby look almost static (although crucially he did score now and then too ;D). Similarly little did we know that when we went away in Europe and defended deep (in the days when it was real Champions in the competition and one bad result saw you out of the whole thing) we were actually employing the "low block".
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #477: Oct 15, 2017 11:22:18 am
      Same old Liverpool really. Lots of the ball, good passing rate, not clinical enough and then blame the opposition for not allowing us to win. United set up to take a point, they got what they wanted. United set up to distrubt our play with Matic and Herrera (two of the dirtiest players in the League), they did that by and large. We had enough chances to win the game but our lack of a clinical finisher has cost us once again and taken this run to one win in eight. That's F***ing worrying.

On a slightly more positive note, we've conceded just one goal at Anfield in the League this year. So for an often criticised defence, we do alright at home. Three clean sheets from four games at Anfield in the League. I suppose it helps when the opposition have no intention of attacking.

It didn't really feel like a Liverpool/United game though. It felt flat.

Mignolet - had one save to make and made it. Couldn't really fault the Belgian for anything. A good solid performance.

Gomez - outstanding from the young lad. Had a really poor showing at Newcastle the other week but yesterday he was back to the player we've come to expect. Solid, dependable, unflustered.

Matip - missed the best chance of the game, or rather De Gea saved the best chance of the game more than Matip missed it. Other than that, Joel looked sound. Didn't have any troubles defensively.

Lovren - like Matip, didn't have any troubles defensively. We looked very solid at the back. Any problems we dealt with properly. We didn't dilly and dally, which we've done too often in the past, we just dealt with the issue.

Moreno - like the rest of the defence, we was sound. And to be fair to Albert, he's nailed that left back position down this season. As much as we know there's a mistake just waiting around the corner with him, he's been the best of our defenders this year.

Wijanldum - for me Gini was Man of the Match. Everything was going through him. He was the furtherest forward of the three central midfielders, he was the one trying to make things happen and he's just a completely different player at Anfield to when we play away from home. I thought he was F***ing boss yesterday.

Henderson - undoubtedly will be blamed for everything again. But it was another good, solid performance from our skipper. He's obviously following the instructions of Klopp who wants him to just keep the ball ticking over. And while, we (me more than anybody) would like to see him show a bit responsibility and attempt to be a bit more creativity, it doesn't appear the manager wants that from him.

Can - missed an absolute sitter that probably would of won the game for us. Apart from that, I don't recall seeing much of Emre.

Salah - infuriating. Shot at almost every opportunity and never once had De Gea troubled. Still doesn't have a right foot.

Coutinho - had a typical Phil performance. Always looking for the ball, always looking lively, bobbing and weaving his way past the opposition and should of had a penalty. Unlike most weeks though he just couldn't find that extra piece of magic to get us a goal - also his set pieces were sh*t.

Firmino - ran around a bit but other than that was nowhere near good enough. But, like Henderson, it's what the manager wants from him so I suppose to Klopp it is good enough.

Chamberlain - probably his best cameo performance in a Liverpool shirt and even then it was just one good run, followed very quickly by a sh*t cross. And a couple of poor corners. So saying it was his best cameo, still wasn't that good.

Sturridge - did he touch the ball? I don't remember him doing anything in all honesty.

Solanke - would of brought him much earlier, what's a kid to do in three minutes and thrown on the wing when he's a centre forward?

Overall it was a lot of huffing and puffing with no end result. Two guilt edge chances (Matip and Can) and we couldn't put them away. A couple of good chances and we couldn't put them away either. We had the chances to win but our failure at being clinical has cost us once more. And will remain to do so until we get a goalscorer in the team. And it's back to reminiscing about Robbie Fowler.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #478: Oct 15, 2017 11:33:15 am
      But when you read down the list, if you hadn't seen the game you'd imagine there was chance after chance, there wasn't.

"Salah from the rebound, should slot that straight in.
      Coutinho clear penalty from Herrera.
      Wijnaldum from the edge of the box without a defender in front blocking, clear sight of goal.
      Can from the lob over the top missing 5 yards out.
      Salah on the spin and volley.
      Salah from the cross by Firmino.
      Firmino from the one that got dived on close to their line.
      Lovren header.
      Gomez from the edge of their box, unmarked.
      Salah, cross only slightly over hit by Firmino for far post header.
      Moreno only slightly overcooking his cross.
      Coutinho just missing the continuation of the move from the edge of the box when we had Wijnaldum running unmarked into the box."

Salah from the rebound, should slot that straight in. He was hitting it blind, in the middle of a scramble. I think he should have done better, but that f*cker De Gea would probs have saved it anyways. 6/10 chance IMHO.

Coutinho clear penalty from Herrera. I didn't think it was a penalty. I've seen them given for sure (usually for the Mancs against us) but I wasn't leaping out of the chair asking for it at the time.

Wijnaldum from the edge of the box without a defender in front blocking, clear sight of goal. It was a shot from outside the area. Did you expect him to score because I certainly didn't. 1/10 chance.

Can from the lob over the top missing 5 yards out. Difficult chance, saw it probably only late but ought to have hit the target really. 3/10 chance.

Salah on the spin and volley. To be totally honest I can't even remember this one, sorry.

Salah from the cross by Firmino. Unlucky that was, just didn't quite get there. Dare I say it, the cross may have been a fraction overhit. 0/10 chance because he didn't get there.

Firmino from the one that got dived on close to their line I didn't really see this one as a "chance", more as pressure. 0/10 chance.

Lovren header. He had one (I guess its the one you're on about) where he got above Jones. Having got there he ought to have done better IMHO, although they didn't dwell on it on TV. 5/10 chance.

Gomez from the edge of their box, unmarked. Sorry Luke don't remember it again.

Salah, cross only slightly over hit by Firmino for far post header. There was obviously another one that I forgot ;D.

Moreno only slightly overcooking his cross. Eh? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it cleared everybody and almost went for a throw in?

Coutinho just missing the continuation of the move from the edge of the box when we had Wijnaldum running unmarked into the box. Don't remember it, but not really a chance as in "goalscoring chance" is it?

What about the Matip one BTW? Surely that was THE best chance?

I'm with you there Mick. Luke definitely talking up a few of those that were merely just incidents in the game.

I do think we should have had a penalty though,  a daft penalty cos Cou wasnt really going anywhere but a pen none the less.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #479: Oct 15, 2017 11:50:16 am
      Could anyone ever imagine Bobby being a 25 a season striker, that is what we need, and the scouts should be doing their jobs to find us one.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #480: Oct 15, 2017 12:20:38 pm
      Could anyone ever imagine Bobby being a 25 a season striker, that is what we need, and the scouts should be doing their jobs to find us one.

I can't imagine a fella who hasn't scored a League goal since August being a 25 goal a season forward.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #481: Oct 15, 2017 12:27:39 pm
      Correcto: So why isn't it being addressed.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #482: Oct 15, 2017 12:47:50 pm
      Possibly, the most positive thing we can take out of yesterdays game was the clean sheet.

Quick Reply