Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 60423 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #368: Nov 19, 2017 11:11:39 am
      you aren't the smartest crayon right BBB? Mag was pretty much wanting us to lose. How anybody can like that or defend it is ridiculous. If he's a rival fan it's fine, is he?

Mag is a bigger fan of Henderson than Liverpool if he wants us to lose to prove a point, what point that is I'm unsure.

Maybe mag doesn't support Liverpool, if he is a rival fan I apologize.

Who is littleface? I've been asked if I was Rinaburu or something already, what is with all these strange questions?

I want Liverpool to win every game regardless of Henderson's performance.

I was being sarcastic you fud or was the silly gif of an over the over the top comedy movie not enough of a hint.

Also if you're not either Riba or littleface you should be embarrassed, two of the worst posters of all time, if you're being compared to them I strongly suggest you make some changes in your post quality.
      « Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017 11:47:47 am by Magillionare »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #369: Nov 19, 2017 11:41:47 am
      Only thing I have to say about him is that I thought - on the whole - he had a very good game yesterday.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,694 posts | 892 
      Reply #370: Nov 19, 2017 11:47:35 am
      I like Hendo, I really do. He is the player I want my kids to look up to and some aspects of his game Is really good. He fights for the shirt and I can clearly see that.
      now the problem occurs when we are down or need him to step up and then he plays safe. Just putting the ball sideways and don't dare to risk anything because of criticism.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #371: Nov 19, 2017 11:49:01 am
      You have a gay effigy of Henderson as your avatar. So your opinion is dismissed by default. Henderson while being competent is still lacklustre and pretty crap. Have we won anything yet with him being the captain? That's the reality.

Someone who uses gay as an insult should have their opinion dismissed by default. Scumbag.
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #372: Nov 19, 2017 02:44:03 pm
      Someone who uses gay as an insult should have their opinion dismissed by default. Scumbag.
      i don't think he was using gay as an insult to be honest.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #373: Nov 19, 2017 02:47:32 pm
      i don't think he was using gay as an insult to be honest.

Saying someones opinion should be dismissed because of something he deems as 'gay' is without doubt using it as an insult.
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #374: Nov 19, 2017 02:52:18 pm
      Saying someones opinion should be dismissed because of something he deems as 'gay' is without doubt using it as an insult.
      he was inferring you have an attraction to Henderson that goes beyond footballing admiration, I could be wrong.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #375: Nov 19, 2017 02:59:04 pm
      he was inferring you have an attraction to Henderson that goes beyond footballing admiration, I could be wrong.

So - inferring that Magā€™s support of Henderson is based on a physical attraction rather than his footballing abilities isnā€™t an insult.

Thatā€™s your position - along with the other eejit - then?

Right freakinā€™ brains trust you two are.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #376: Nov 19, 2017 03:56:41 pm
      I liked his post and I did so because I believe Mags is right.

Henderson is the ā€œgo toā€ for far too many at the first sign of anything other than abject capitulation from the opposition.

We field 11 players but heā€™s the first criticised and the last praised.

Yet manager after manager picks him pretty much whenever heā€™s fit. Go figure.......

Yep, Dalglish, Rodgers, Klopp and numerous England managers always pick him.

Henderson and Wijnaldum ran the midfield yesterday, hardly giving Southampton a sniff, something they've done to plenty of other teams, with Coutinho playing a kind of deep 10.

It also isn't "the majority" of Liverpool fans who "don't rate him".
      It's just that empty vessels make most noise.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #377: Nov 19, 2017 04:24:47 pm
      I liked his post and I did so because I believe Mags is right.

Henderson is the ā€œgo toā€ for far too many at the first sign of anything other than abject capitulation from the opposition.

We field 11 players but heā€™s the first criticised and the last praised.

Yet manager after manager picks him pretty much whenever heā€™s fit. Go figure.......

Its a mystery he isn't the subject of intense transfer speculation every window! ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #378: Nov 19, 2017 04:27:04 pm

What's wrong with saying you have a happy effigy of Henderson??
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #379: Nov 19, 2017 04:38:41 pm
      What's wrong with saying you have a happy effigy of Henderson??

I have one for Alonso :D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #380: Nov 19, 2017 08:04:13 pm
      All the threads that could be bumped this sh*te one gets going again after a win.f***in hell.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #381: Nov 20, 2017 12:09:16 am
      Hendo in my opinion didnā€™t have a good game at the weekend BUT we won and played his part in the victory.
      So agree though that is does seem to be that we do tend to select a scapegoat of the moment and far too many jump on board and slate very harshly and offensively one of OUR own players.
      Bizarre.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #382: Nov 20, 2017 04:30:33 pm
      Had a decent game yesterday. He always looks a better player when his isn't asked to play in a midfield three with Can and Gigi, we only ever need two from those three. The third midfielder should always be Coutinho or Lallana when he is fit.

It's the big games, the close call games that we have to assess Hendo. He's not going to do a Gerrard, may be Klopp has the advantage in that he wasn't Gerrards manager. So he can judge Hendo without the "Gerrard factor".

Two big games coming up, sure this thread will be visited after the Chelsea game. That's when I will post again.
      Kopite78
      Reply #383: Nov 20, 2017 04:34:37 pm
      It depends what a manager wants from a captain a guess.

A Mane for example may 'win'  a game with a moment of brilliance and look great in match  of the day but i tell you what Henderson all game is talking to players, constantly he was running over to Trent Saturday with a little high five or pat on the back and word in his ear. The same with Lovren.
      He was all over the ref (who was sh*te) all game, constantly talking to him and questioning him like a captain should.

Those things that you can't see on the tv are probably reasons why he's consistently picked as a captain
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #384: Nov 20, 2017 04:44:40 pm
      Had a decent game yesterday. He always looks a better player when his isn't asked to play in a midfield three with Can and Gigi, we only ever need two from those three. The third midfielder should always be Coutinho or Lallana when he is fit.

Struggling to see it myself and as Luke said in the match thread, I feel some people are just searching for praise for Hendo as opposed to praise that is earned as is the case with Salah, Firmino etc.

While he wasn't terrible I think it was more or less par for what has been an average calendar year for Henderson. There were moments that were excellent and then there were moments that were just banal that more often than not centred on him delivering a poor ball on the front foot. When he chose to go backwards when we had the momentum in an attack the Anfield crowd, quite rightly, let out one of the biggest groans heard this season. It was infuriating. They can feel it and are fully aware of it. For the position he occupies on the field it is amongst the most important. I've seen him put in some sensational performances in that role, no better displayed than when we beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last year where his timing in the press, his dictating of the play from deep and brilliant passing topped off as perfect a performance as any (not forgetting a sensational goal). But it's all too rare those kind of performances and non existent this season. When he sets the bar that high then you expect to see more of that type of display. But we haven't. For sure Dalglish, Rodgers and now Klopp have all started him - evidence enough for some that he is quality. Fair enough. But what have we won in that time with those managers in 6 years? 1 League Cup.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #385: Nov 20, 2017 08:26:03 pm

Even in a comfortable win yest where I thought Hendo did a good job in the middle on the day (plus given we had Cou in there so you've to allow him go forward) he gets criticism.
      If you have responsibility, people will moan, tis the way of the world. Set em up, to knock em down.
      Still don't see anyone else is better captain material tho.
      And when people can't give it a rest when he plays OK, forget about em imho.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #386: Nov 21, 2017 09:53:53 pm
      Can see this thread getting busy soon!

Fair enough I say, canā€™t really defend him after that horror show.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #387: Nov 21, 2017 09:54:35 pm
      F***ing sh*te!
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #388: Nov 21, 2017 10:02:44 pm
      When we needed someone to maintain possession, slow down the tempo, and calm the team down, all he did was giving the ball away, yelling at the ref, and getting himself booked. Captain material that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #389: Nov 21, 2017 10:36:16 pm
      Utter dross.

From his (lack of) leadership to his performance.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #390: Nov 21, 2017 10:56:07 pm
      He will probably score against Chelsea

sh*t tonight and just not good enough for us but have a gut feeling he will score on Saturday.

Quick Reply