Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 60307 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #460: Dec 10, 2017 07:42:22 pm
      He was everything to do with why we didn't win today.

Yes lovren gives the pen away and yes mane should have squared his shot but they are just two moments in a 90minute football match.

I barely noticed Henderson on the pitch today. No drive, no determination, just nothing from him. All he does is collect the ball from A and pass it five yards to B.

Would we have been any worse today without Henderson on the pitch and we played with 10 men? You wouldn't even notice the difference.

Baffles me how people like yourself think he's a great captain, a great player and we should be building our team and future around him.

It's an absolute joke.

Against a packed defense Hendo did well, he fed the ball to Salah 6 times at least, fed Robbo and Milner, dominated the first half, didn't put a foot wrong. Second half again feeding the ball left and right, didn't do as well second half but all in all played well.

He did what Klopp knew he would do, I knew how he'd play...others can only see what he doesn't do...but that's...the way it is I suppose. Henderson is not the creative heart of the midfield, never has been, never will be.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #461: Dec 10, 2017 07:46:00 pm
      That is Henderson to a tee. Neat, tidy and steady but doesn't offer much else really. Watching the City game now, you see Silva, KDB, even Fernandinho all looking to make an incisive forward thinking pass. Is that so much to ask from our skipper? He just looks uncomfortable when going forward.

I suppose it depends on what the manager is asking him to do no?....he sits deep with the CB's while everybody else bombs forward and is charged with picking up the pieces, recycling and being neet and tidy....notice when Can plays in the #6 spot is he back there alone?...No he has either Gini or Milner holding his hand..when Henderson plays it's just him  with the 2 CB's.

He is not Gerrard and if that is your expectation then your going to be disappointed with whoever plays there or wears the armband.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #462: Dec 10, 2017 07:53:42 pm
      And I wonder if your watching the same player...or were you watching that mythical superman midfielder that you think Henderson is.

Played well today, dominated from the center circle, spread the play, both sides, solid game, what you get from Henderson.

Again, what are you waffling on about you?

Stop talking utter bollocks will ya
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #463: Dec 10, 2017 07:55:11 pm

So you thought it was a proper captain-like performance for a Derby game then?

You thought his grit and determination was second to none?

And you thought he provided top quality on the ball for us?

Do you think he's one of the best CMs in the league too?

Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #464: Dec 10, 2017 08:01:01 pm
      He was everything to do with why we didn't win today.

Yes lovren gives the pen away and yes mane should have squared his shot but they are just two moments in a 90minute football match.

I barely noticed Henderson on the pitch today. No drive, no determination, just nothing from him. All he does is collect the ball from A and pass it five yards to B.

Would we have been any worse today without Henderson on the pitch and we played with 10 men? You wouldn't even notice the difference.

Baffles me how people like yourself think he's a great captain, a great player and we should be building our team and future around him.

It's an absolute joke.

Scotia has said or thinks neither of these things.

We win and Henderson doesn't play: we're better without Henderson
      We win and Henderson does play: Henderson had nothing to do with it
      We lose and Henderson does play: Henderson's fault
      We lose and Henderson doesn't play: you'll still find a way to put the blame on Henderson or to mention him in your post match assessment

Win, draw, lose, brilliant football with or without him in the team, sh*t football with or without him in the team, you'll always find a way to mention your disgust with Henderson being a Liverpool player / captain.

Is he good enough to be a starter for us? No.
      Should we be looking to upgrade on him? Yes, I sure hope so and I'm pretty sure we will.
      Is he as bad as you make him out to be? No where near.

Your personal witch hunt with regards to Henderson is just becoming so boring and it has lost all objectivity. His pressing was good today, his passing was good and he played plenty of forward balls, he cleaned up really well in front of the CB's and he tried to set the tempo. So overall he had a very decent game.

I've been fairly critical of him in the past myself, but what you're doing (with regards to Henderson, not your other posts) is getting ridiculous.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #465: Dec 10, 2017 08:08:47 pm
      Scotia has said or thinks neither of these things.

We win and Henderson doesn't play: we're better without Henderson
      We win and Henderson does play: Henderson had nothing to do with it
      We lose and Henderson does play: Henderson's fault
      We lose and Henderson doesn't play: you'll still find a way to put the blame on Henderson or to mention him in your post match assessment

Win, draw, lose, brilliant football with or without him in the team, sh*t football with or without him in the team, you'll always find a way to mention your disgust with Henderson being a Liverpool player / captain.

Is he good enough to be a starter for us? No.
      Should we be looking to upgrade on him? Yes, I sure hope so and I'm pretty sure we will.
      Is he as bad as you make him out to be? No where near.

Your personal witch hunt with regards to Henderson is just becoming so boring and it has lost all objectivity. His pressing was good today, his passing was good and he played plenty of forward balls, he cleaned up really well in front of the CB's and he tried to set the tempo. So overall he had a very decent game.

I've been fairly critical of him in the past myself, but what you're doing (with regards to Henderson, not your other posts) is getting ridiculous.

Your decent and my decent are obviously worlds apart then because I would not describe his performance today as decent.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #466: Dec 10, 2017 08:13:19 pm

In a game where we dominated the possession where Everton's midfield posed no threat or pressure on us...

Your words.

And the reason we dominated possession and made sure that Everton's midfield posed no threat or pressure to us?

Nothing to do with OUR midfield?  One of whom is Jordan Henderson?

Did Ox and Milner control the middle by themselves, perhaps?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #467: Dec 10, 2017 08:16:33 pm
      Your words.

And the reason we dominated possession and made sure that Everton's midfield posed no threat or pressure to us?

Nothing to do with OUR midfield?  One of whom is Jordan Henderson?

Did Ox and Milner control the middle by themselves, perhaps?

No, it had nothing to do with our midfield at all.

Re watch the game and focus on what everton do when they have the ball, especially in the first half. They launch it as far as they can.

They weren't interested in keeping possession or trying to play football at all.

They gave us the ball, allowed us to play, and we did F**k all with it.

Do you actually think our midfield played well today???
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #468: Dec 10, 2017 08:58:23 pm
      No agenda here but this is not a Hendo on form.

Personally I could not care one jot if he hits 100% passing and wins 4 aerial duels or whatever.

When it's coming to the crunch moments you can tell his confidence is shot to sh*t.

He had a chance at the end there and it was very gettable. It wasn't that he missed it, it was the way he did it. Coutinho gave him that half a yard drawing players to him and lay Hendo off. Hendo wanted to do anything but hit that ball but he had no choice.

The doubt in his head though was clear to see. Stuttering and then only wjen the chance was gone shooting tamely high and wide.

Comparisons to the previous captain are unfair, but it was one of them moments where you just knew Stevie would have hit it hard and true whether it went in or not.

Hendo is so unsure of himself at the moment. He's doing the donkey work but he used to spot runs and play players in, he used to break forward and hit a ball true.

It's gone at the moment and it's been gone a while.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #469: Dec 10, 2017 09:08:40 pm
      Anyone in here moaning about Hendo, and who is not in the Milner thread moaning even louder about him, can take a running jump
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #470: Dec 10, 2017 09:19:05 pm
      Anyone in here moaning about Hendo, and who is not in the Milner thread moaning even louder about him, can take a running jump

Both were poor today but one holds more responsibility than the other.

One is fitter, younger and should be hungrier than the other.

One is still an England international, the other has retired.

One is supposedly the first name on our team sheet. One is a substitute.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #471: Dec 10, 2017 09:21:00 pm
      Both were poor today but one holds more responsibility than the other.

One is fitter, younger and should be hungrier than the other.

One is still an England international, the other has retired.

One is supposedly the first name on our team sheet. One is a substitute.

Hendo did OK today, Milner was hopeless.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #472: Dec 10, 2017 09:28:06 pm
      Hendo did OK today, Milner was hopeless.

I thought the pair of them were poor to be honest. In a game where we had all of the ball neither of them offered us anything.

There was no need to play both of them either, they're pretty much the same player and do the same job.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #473: Dec 10, 2017 09:39:17 pm
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,013 posts | 523 
      Reply #474: Dec 10, 2017 09:41:08 pm
      Knew there'd be people on here trying to blame Hendo. FFS, the only thing he did wrong the day was scoop one long range shot. Other than that he played well, as did the team as a whole. Mane and Lovren do their jobs properly and its a 2-0 cruise.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #475: Dec 11, 2017 07:10:04 am
      Nearly 80% possession. 20+ shooting chances created. Lovren a calamity, a c**t referee and a misfireing front line... and STILL this is the hotbed for blame.

I've just decided to accept some people don't know what they're looking for. Jordan has been very poor lately but that was not a poor performance at all, not even close
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #476: Dec 11, 2017 08:18:27 am
      Nearly 80% possession. 20+ shooting chances created. Lovren a calamity, a c**t referee and a misfireing front line... and STILL this is the hotbed for blame.

I've just decided to accept some people don't know what they're looking for. Jordan has been very poor lately but that was not a poor performance at all, not even close

I don't think he was really bad last night, not great either.

As much as I don't rate him, he didn't put a foot wrong and did his job, 7/10 performance
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #477: Dec 11, 2017 08:45:17 am
      Because Lovren didn't deal with a lofted pass and then got himself in all kinds of trouble and gave a penalty away, and because Mane failed to square the ball to put us 2-0 up and because Klopp didn't play the Fab Four, Hendo has gotten away with it and those fans of his have come on here to defend him saying the result was nothing to do with him.

You're right, he didn't do much wrong yesterday, but he didnt do much right either.

I barely rememeber him playing. It was the same old performance we see from him. If you took Henderson out of that team yesterday and we played with 10 men would you have even noticed the difference?

Will we remember that captain like performance from Jordan Henderson in years to come? No. No we won't. So do me a favour, stop saying how great he is and how well he played because it just isn't true.

It was another 5/6 out of 10 performance from our captain in a Merseyside Derby.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #478: Dec 11, 2017 10:34:45 am
      And I wonder if your watching the same player...or were you watching that mythical superman midfielder that you think Henderson is.

Played well today, dominated from the center circle, spread the play, both sides, solid game, what you get from Henderson.

I love his shooting at goal, thats my favourite part, laser guided shots this lad has consistently 20 yards over the bar though, must be hard for him to remember to always lean back in a shot! but wait that's not what we want form him is it, its those wonderful 5 yard sideways passes that no one else in world football could possibly do!
      Honestly I have no idea what some of you guys see in him, statistically we play better without him but NO he must play every week, captain fantastic!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #479: Dec 11, 2017 10:56:07 am
      I love his shooting at goal, thats my favourite part, laser guided shots this lad has consistently 20 yards over the bar though, must be hard for him to remember to always lean back in a shot! but wait that's not what we want form him is it, its those wonderful 5 yard sideways passes that no one else in world football could possibly do!
      Honestly I have no idea what some of you guys see in him, statistically we play better without him but NO he must play every week, captain fantastic!

Couldn't agree more.

And then you come on here in this thread and you quote people who say he had a great game and you argue that no, he didn't have a 'great game' at all actually, and then apparently that means you're on a witch hunt.

He will score a goal in the next couple of weeks or he will come up with a decent assist and it'll be posted hundreds of times all over social media by Reds who will completely ignore how poor he has been for us not only this season but since he arrived here.

He needs lallana alongside him to bail him out. You can see every time he partners Milner or Can how limited he is as a footballer.

He isn't strong enough, can't tackle well enough and can't read the game enough to be our DM either.

What I find baffling is, even his strongest supporters on here have openly admitted across the forum how desperate we are for a DM. But that's hendersons position?

And if they think that Henderson should be playing further up the field instead of Keita, Lallana or Coutinho then I'll finally accept there is no debating with them because they are just completely deluded.

Yesterday we didn't have an ounce of creativity in the middle of the pitch.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #480: Dec 11, 2017 03:59:33 pm
      Because Lovren didn't deal with a lofted pass and then got himself in all kinds of trouble and gave a penalty away, and because Mane failed to square the ball to put us 2-0 up and because Klopp didn't play the Fab Four, Hendo has gotten away with it and those fans of his have come on here to defend him saying the result was nothing to do with him.

You're right, he didn't do much wrong yesterday, but he didnt do much right either.

I barely rememeber him playing. It was the same old performance we see from him. If you took Henderson out of that team yesterday and we played with 10 men would you have even noticed the difference?

Will we remember that captain like performance from Jordan Henderson in years to come? No. No we won't. So do me a favour, stop saying how great he is and how well he played because it just isn't true.

It was another 5/6 out of 10 performance from our captain in a Merseyside Derby.

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. 5/6 out of 10, annoymous performance. Wouldn't notice if he wasn't on... I mean it's rubbish it really is.

I find it hugely ironic you have Hamann in your name as he never set the world alight with marquee performances but put in the quiet work you 'don't notice' as the saying goes. Hendo does very similar things
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #481: Dec 11, 2017 04:01:36 pm
      Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. 5/6 out of 10, annoymous performance. Wouldn't notice if he wasn't on... I mean it's rubbish it really is.

Thought Henderson was good yesterday.
      A good all round performance.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #482: Dec 11, 2017 04:16:29 pm

I find it hugely ironic you have Hamann in your name as he never set the world alight with marquee performances but put in the quiet work you 'don't notice' as the saying goes. Hendo does very similar things

Hamann. No you're right, he only changed the whole game in istanbul for us but yeah you're right, hendo is miles better than what he was, of course.

F***ing hell. Seen it all now.

Quick Reply