Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 60337 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #552: Dec 17, 2017 02:30:00 am
      But it truth he good lad Henderson but he captain of our club do people think we win league with him in midfield l don't
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #553: Dec 17, 2017 02:31:12 am
      Not his fault he here it people who brought him same with migs loven couple more just poor players
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #554: Dec 17, 2017 03:58:57 am
      This thread needs binning 19 pages dedicated to crucifying one player is embarrassing.

To lay the blame of our demise on one single player which is what the tone of the thread suggests is madness.

No! You can't bin it!

About 50% of my entire posts have been in this thread and around 17 pages of this 19 page thread belong to me!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #555: Dec 17, 2017 07:56:20 am
      No! You can't bin it!

About 50% of my entire posts have been in this thread and around 17 pages of this 19 page thread belong to me!

But like Hendo mate........you’ve got so much more to offer 
      :f_tongueincheek:

Wean yourself off it ;)
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2017 08:11:19 am by Scotia »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1390 
      Reply #556: Dec 17, 2017 12:14:40 pm
      If Henderson doesn't get picked today I wouldn't rule out him resigning as captain. I mean it's obviously a long shot but if he continues to be in and out for the rest of the season then I think it will undermine his captaincy, then he will in all likelihood, resign the captaincy, at the end of the season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #557: Dec 17, 2017 12:15:03 pm
      This thread needs binning 19 pages dedicated to crucifying one player is embarrassing.

To lay the blame of our demise on one single player which is what the tone of the thread suggests is madness.

Don't agree.

Nothing wrong with decent discussion on a player that clearly seems tp divide opinion.

For me when he's on form he's the best CM we have but he does seem to be struggling a bit this season.

I'm not sure he's best suited to playing the deep position but again he's the best we have to play there.

Interesting to see if he's picked today.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #558: Dec 17, 2017 12:49:14 pm
      Don't agree.

Nothing wrong with decent discussion on a player that clearly seems tp divide opinion.

For me when he's on form he's the best CM we have but he does seem to be struggling a bit this season.

I'm not sure he's best suited to playing the deep position but again he's the best we have to play there.

I think his name is on the teamsheet already having missed out midweek, he has struggled this season for sure but he has struggled for the last two seasons imo, yes you can factor in injuries especially his heel but putting those aside he seems to have trouble with consistency,
      On his good days we'll get a 6/7 from 10 performance on bad days which are too regular for me we only see a 4/5, that is no where near good enough for us and a million miles away from that of a Liverpool captain,

Your probably correct in saying he is more suited than anyone else in the role Jürgen wants him to play, but if he's not playing well we need to try something else or someone else,

Now since Can is suspended that rules him out so what if we try Gini in there ?

Now before you all laugh give it some thought first , if Lallana is indeed back ready for 1st team action why not play him and Gini in front of the back 4 with Coutinho sat in the hole, with Salah & Mane either side and of course Firmino up top.....

Mignolet
           Gomez  Lovren Klavan Robertson
                      Lallana    Wijnaldom
                                Coutinho
                   Salah                      Mane
                                 Firmino

Gini is quicker, both with feet and mind, he can tackle and has more of a attacking instinct , he'll want to move forward more than going sideways or back,
      I doubt it will happen but whoever thought we'd see him in defence at all.

Thoughts please ?

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1390 
      Reply #559: Dec 17, 2017 02:21:34 pm

I think his name is on the teamsheet already having missed out midweek, he has struggled this season for sure but he has struggled for the last two seasons imo, yes you can factor in injuries especially his heel but putting those aside he seems to have trouble with consistency,
      On his good days we'll get a 6/7 from 10 performance on bad days which are too regular for me we only see a 4/5, that is no where near good enough for us and a million miles away from that of a Liverpool captain,

Your probably correct in saying he is more suited than anyone else in the role Jürgen wants him to play, but if he's not playing well we need to try something else or someone else,

Now since Can is suspended that rules him out so what if we try Gini in there ?

Now before you all laugh give it some thought first , if Lallana is indeed back ready for 1st team action why not play him and Gini in front of the back 4 with Coutinho sat in the hole, with Salah & Mane either side and of course Firmino up top.....

Mignolet
           Gomez  Lovren Klavan Robertson
                      Lallana    Wijnaldom
                                Coutinho
                   Salah                      Mane
                                 Firmino

Gini is quicker, both with feet and mind, he can tackle and has more of a attacking instinct , he'll want to move forward more than going sideways or back,
      I doubt it will happen but whoever thought we'd see him in defence at all.

Thoughts please ?

YNWA

Well if he plays that line up it will be a major surprise, just Wijnaldum as the lone holding defender, not likely is it.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #560: Dec 17, 2017 05:24:45 pm
      Don't agree.

There's plenty who blow hot and cold and divide opinion. There's player threads for that a dedicated additional one is all a bit silly for me.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #561: Dec 17, 2017 06:34:49 pm
      That was a really solid CM performance from JH today.  Can we please put this nonsense to bed and get behind our f**king team?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #562: Dec 17, 2017 06:48:57 pm

I said the same thing back on page 2 mate.thread has been well beaten.Fried even.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #563: Dec 17, 2017 06:49:45 pm
      That was a really solid CM performance from JH today.  Can we please put this nonsense to bed and get behind our f**king team?

You can get behind them and still pick out their mistakes when they F**k up you know.

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #564: Dec 17, 2017 06:57:25 pm
      Of course I can, and I do.  I'm talking about a thread full of sh*te spouted by social-media-inspired, my-opinion-is-law muppets who think they know about the game of football because they've played it on a TV screen.  I'm not Hendo's greatest fan, but I know how important he is when he's on song, and as a lifelong red of 50 years standing I cannot stand to see my fellow reds slating our captain with personal abuse.  That's all, mate!  Good showing today, though, eh?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #565: Dec 17, 2017 07:03:02 pm
      Played well today, best I've seen of him in a long, long time.

More interested to see how he does next week. Arsenal away. Huge game which requires a lot of bottle.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #566: Dec 17, 2017 07:04:11 pm
      Of course I can, and I do.  I'm talking about a thread full of sh*te spouted by social-media-inspired, my-opinion-is-law muppets who think they know about the game of football because they've played it on a TV screen.  I'm not Hendo's greatest fan, but I know how important he is when he's on song, and as a lifelong red of 50 years standing I cannot stand to see my fellow reds slating our captain with personal abuse.  That's all, mate!  Good showing today, though, eh?

Get what you're saying mate, I'm just sick of the precious we can't say F**k all about anyone cos you know we all have to be boss reds etc. End of the day it wouldn't arse me if we replaced our whole midfield as I still don't think they're good enough.

Great win today though, just need to play like that again on Friday.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #567: Dec 17, 2017 07:10:56 pm
      Get what you're saying mate, I'm just sick of the precious we can't say f**k all about anyone cos you know we all have to be boss reds etc. End of the day it wouldn't arse me if we replaced our whole midfield as I still don't think they're good enough.

Great win today though, just need to play like that again on Friday.

We could defo improve on them, but for the moment we need to back them up and get them playing well and full of confidence.  Good to hear the travelling Kop doing that.  Yep, Friday is the test but I can't see the Arse living with our attack.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #568: Dec 17, 2017 07:39:12 pm

I can't stand things being edited and "cleaned up" When I see a thread has had mods come in and "clean up arguments" I'm upset, why? Because that's how you get to know the real nature of posters in the moment of emotion.
      I'm here mainly for Liverpool talk but it consists of individual opinions and I don't want to be in an echo chamber pc hideout.
      Discussion is a human need. Sometimes the place seems like twitter this year so I haven't posted much.
      The mods/admin here are ok people so I haven't got a problem there, they need to leave historical records of arguments too because that's footy.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1390 
      Reply #569: Dec 17, 2017 08:10:40 pm
      Played well today and it was no surprise to me. He did what he is good at and even with that, although I voted him my MOTM in truth he wasn't really, because he put in a typical Hendo performance but because he doesn't take the eye he very often gets called out.

I voted him MOTM because of his tremendous professionalism and great mental strength. Plus a top midfield performance. Also he had Ox in there who worked very hard and was a great help to the team and Hendo.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #570: Dec 17, 2017 08:41:21 pm
      I voted him my MOTM in truth he wasn't really.
      This sentence right here says it all. 2 votes and one of them is confirmed that he was not even MOTM. Nobody expects him to be MOTM, but captains privilege is apparent here again. 
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #571: Dec 17, 2017 08:43:33 pm
      This sentence right here says it all. 2 votes and one of them is confirmed that he was not even MOTM. Nobody expects him to be MOTM, but captains privilege is apparent here again. 

:lmao:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #572: Dec 17, 2017 09:26:06 pm

Much like the goal scorer bias, which definitely happens, sometimes he goal scorer is the moment of the match and that quite often and, in my opinion, erroneously gets converted to a man of the match vote.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #573: Dec 17, 2017 09:30:53 pm
      You know what - he was excellent today.

Anybody peddling any other agenda in here (today) is a moronic simpleton.

Clear enough?
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #574: Dec 17, 2017 09:35:47 pm
      I made my final verdict, considering plenty of games. Henderson is too slow overall and he can't compensate it with great vision and passes. Of course he's still a good player, no doubt, but not top-notch and we need that stuff there. We need a better (faster/dynamic) man there, maybe a healthy Lallana? Get him on the bench, make him a defender or throw him to Southampton with some money to make them move on VVD. Next year Keita will rule anyway....

Quick Reply