Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 60062 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #759: Sep 03, 2018 06:29:23 pm
      So somebody basically says signing contacts in football means little nowadays, all it does is give the club some security because look at the way can left for nothing and then look at how coutinho signed a five deal but left a few months later, and then you quote and say so you think mane salah and firmino are going then?

Well you do that then mate. But you look a bit of a tit.

Really?

So you think signing of a new contract "for security" only applies to certain players and not others?

Strange.

And then of course we have the all time classic "if he's so good howcome nobody's tried to buy him".

Utter F***ing nonsense.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #760: Sep 03, 2018 06:34:25 pm
      Kuyt had a long thread like this, so did lucas and now hendo. There is always going to be one player that divides the fanbase. The new contract doesnt mean he will start every game, and he isnt that bad as somebody here think he is.
      A good player to have for certain games, our midfield needs competition, and those who are inform gets to play, depending on the tactics and so on.
      Good on hendo for signing the new contract deal, anybody know how much he is earning now?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #761: Sep 03, 2018 06:34:40 pm
      Just Seen Klopps   words on Henderson he calls him his "General" and how he epitomises what a Liverpool player should be.
      That's going to stick in the throat of a few on here because clearly Jürgen sees him as pivotal to his plans and not a squad player like some suggest. Not sure where this comes from maybe now Karius is gone they need to focus there angst on someone else.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #762: Sep 03, 2018 06:36:56 pm
      Timing is everything......brillian t. ( Haters now have their automatic scapegoat through '23)
      I view this extension as:
      Known commodity
      Englishman
      Leadership intangibles
      No transfer fee required
      No learning curve required
      Starter/depth quality at a physically demanding position requiring in game substitutions
      Big club, big ambition, big+quality roster....lengthens bench
      No brainer

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #763: Sep 03, 2018 06:37:36 pm
      Really?

So you think signing of a new contract "for security" only applies to certain players and not others?

Strange.

What do you mean?

Giving players new deals puts us in an incredibly strong position. We did it with Suarez we did it with coutinho.

Emre Can left for free but he's probably a 30-35m player in today's market so it was poor by us.

Who knows what Hendersons value is but we are in a stronger position now regardless.

And just for the record, I'm more than happy with Henderson being a squad player for us. I just don't think he should be captain and the first name on the team sheet. He isn't good enough to play in our first 11.

He has played here 8 seasons is it now? Finished second once. Fourth twice. Rest of the time anywhere around 7th. The seasons we finished top four he was carried by our explosive attack. Now we need to improve on our midfield and go from fourth to first. It's that simple.

How you or anybody else can't see the difference from when Keita has played to Saturday for example is just mind boggling. It will happen again several times this season where the difference in quality is blatantly obvious.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #764: Sep 03, 2018 06:44:35 pm
      What do you mean?

Giving players new deals puts us in an incredibly strong position. We did it with Suarez we did it with coutinho.

Emre Can left for free but he's probably a 30-35m player in today's market so it was poor by us.

Who knows what Hendersons value is but we are in a stronger position now regardless.

And just for the record, I'm more than happy with Henderson being a squad player for us. I just don't think he should be captain and the first name on the team sheet. He isn't good enough to play in our first 11.

He has played here 8 seasons is it now? Finished second once. Fourth twice. Rest of the time anywhere around 7th. The seasons we finished top four he was carried by our explosive attack. Now we need to improve on our midfield and go from fourth to first. It's that simple.

How you or anybody else can't see the difference from when Keita has played to Saturday for example is just mind boggling. It will happen again several times this season where the difference in quality is blatantly obvious.

It constantly amazes me that people think they know better than Dalglish, Rodgers, Klopp and various England managers.

If it was me, I'd spend my energy watching him and trying to find out what it is I'm missing that all those managers see and I don't.

But hey, I like learning rather than watching and whining because Klopp won't do what I want him to.

If you cannot even fathom that Keita played in a completely different position, then I can't say anything to convince you of anything at all.

With that, I'll leave this thread to it.
      I just can't be arsed anymore.
      The internet has given everyone a voice, but some just aren't worth listening to.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #765: Sep 03, 2018 06:45:54 pm
      Just Seen Klopps   words on Henderson he calls him his "General" and how he epitomises what a Liverpool player should be.
      That's going to stick in the throat of a few on here because clearly Jürgen sees him as pivotal to his plans and not a squad player like some suggest. Not sure where this comes from maybe now Karius is gone they need to focus there angst on someone else.

Excellent as usual from Klopp.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #766: Sep 03, 2018 06:52:51 pm
      Kuyt had a long thread like this, so did lucas and now hendo. There is always going to be one player that divides the fanbase. The new contract doesnt mean he will start every game, and he isnt that bad as somebody here think he is.

Thing was that Lucas and Kuyt were much maligned but were at the end of the day held up and revered as loyal players who put a shift in.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #767: Sep 03, 2018 06:56:42 pm

Simon Mignolet also sign big contract extension few years back.
      But Hendo is a lot better player than Mig and he never bad mouth in social media so congratulation Hendo.
      « Last Edit: Sep 03, 2018 07:14:51 pm by skolRED »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #768: Sep 03, 2018 07:01:21 pm
      So somebody basically says signing contracts in football means little nowadays, all it does is give the club some security because look at the way can left for nothing and then look at how coutinho signed a five deal but left a few months later, and then you quote and say so you think mane salah and firmino are going then?

Well you do that then mate. But you look a bit of a tit.

So that’s the only reason a new contract is offered ? Security ? It’s not to reward a player with a pay rise for example or to show commitment to the player - it’s just about protecting the asset , so if I were too look through the threads of Mane etc there would be posts along the same lines of what is directed towards Henderson.

Let’s face it you believed that the manager didn’t rate Henderson that much because he has bought four players who play in midfield - so when Henderson signs a new long term contract and the manager lavishes him with praise it sort of pisses on that theory - so the next step is to find another angle to continue with the line that the manager doesn’t reallt rate him
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #769: Sep 03, 2018 07:03:37 pm
      It constantly amazes me that people think they know better than Dalglish, Rodgers, Klopp and various England managers.

If it was me, I'd spend my energy watching him and trying to find out what it is I'm missing that all those managers see and I don't.

But hey, I like learning rather than watching and whining because Klopp won't do what I want him to.

If you cannot even fathom that Keita played in a completely different position, then I can't say anything to convince you of anything at all.

With that, I'll leave this thread to it.
      I just can't be arsed anymore.
      The internet has given everyone a voice, but some just aren't worth listening to.

Apart from a league cup, remind me of what we've won again.

Majority of Hendersons time here he's been in a mid table team playing dire football.

It amazes me how you cannot see the jump that is needed to go from fourth to first.  Do you think it's going to happen by keeping the same bloody players in the same bloody positions year in, year out because 'klopp knows best'. Klopp signed two centre mids this summer and was desperate for fekir too. That's a complete overhaul of our midfield.

I can't stand those sheep who can't hold an opinion of their own and consistently come out with garbage like that either. I like Brendan but his time here was a failure. Same with Kenny. So what, just because they have FA badges and have managed liverpool means they've never made mistakes and they're immune to criticism because they know more about football than me? So that implies to everybody involved in the professional game then doesn't it so why the F**k do we even bother talking about it then? Why are you even on this forum? Because afterall no fan knows any better than the manager and nobody is allowed an opinion if it's one that differs from the manager.

Under Klopp we are progressing but the jig saw isn't compete yet and a couple of players still need to be upgraded on. Henderson is one of them. Which is why he signed Fabinho.

What has Keita playing in a different position got to do with it? Isn't it you who always bangs on about ignoring fixed positions. So which one is it? Make your mind up.

But anyway, playing Henderson on Saturday meant taking Wijnaldum out of the 6 role who has really excelled in there recently. It also meant taking Keita out of the side to push Wijnaldum further forward who looked uncomfortable and it was then clearly obvious how poor our midfield was because of it. All to accomodate Jordan bloody Henderson who is an average player at best and as it happens, had a dreadful game on Saturday too and was rightfully dragged off. Then surprise surprise, we actually started to get a grip once he went off too.

I will say when Jordan Henderson has played well. I've done so before on this forum. But it's people like you who just refuse to admit he's had a dog sh*t game and then say people have agendas against him, when in truth it's actually people like you with the agendas and are obsessed with defending him and trying to prove he is some boss player.

If we sold him tomorrow where's he going? He's that brilliant isn't he I'm sure a few dozen clubs will come in for him. All of the European Giants. I can just picture Bayern Munich coming in for him now with a 50m bid. Oh no sorry. It's Bournemouth with a 15m bid actually.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,229 posts | 1650 
      Reply #770: Sep 03, 2018 07:09:17 pm
      Is our skipper still piss boiling ? Oh yes I see he his  :lmao:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #771: Sep 03, 2018 07:10:54 pm
      So that’s the only reason a new contract is offered ? Security ? It’s not to reward a player with a pay rise for example or to show commitment to the player - it’s just about protecting the asset , so if I were too look through the threads of Mane etc there would be posts along the same lines of what is directed towards Henderson.

Let’s face it you believed that the manager didn’t rate Henderson that much because he has bought four players who play in midfield - so when Henderson signs a new long term contract and the manager lavishes him with praise it sort of pisses on that theory - so the next step is to find another angle to continue with the line that the manager doesn’t reallt rate him

Again, another daft comment from you which doesn't make any sense to me.

We could have the best first 11 in the world. But we still need a squad of players to compete. Jordan Henderson is a decent squad player to have. If that's what klopp wants him for then I'm fine with that.

But new contracts don't really mean much.  We've just signed shaqiri. Does that mean he's going to play every single game?

We've just given a new deal to Mignolet. What about him?

What about lovren? Are we going to drop Gomez from the team who's been playing exceptionally well as soon as dejan is fit all because we gave dejan a contract?

Signing Henderson gives us some security. I very much doubt the owners want a repeat of emre can.

My theory is henderson will be edged out of the side in the next few months and instead of sulking and then potentially leaving us for nothing, we now have him tied down, so when he wants to leave then we will get a decent fee for him.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #772: Sep 03, 2018 07:11:20 pm
      Apart from a league cup, remind me of what we've won again.

Majority of Hendersons time here he's been in a mid table team playing dire football.

It amazes me how you cannot see the jump that is needed to go from fourth to first.  Do you think it's going to happen by keeping the same bloody players in the same bloody positions year in, year out because 'klopp knows best'. Klopp signed two centre mids this summer and was desperate for fekir too. That's a complete overhaul of our midfield.

I can't stand those sheep who can't hold an opinion of their own and consistently come out with garbage like that either. I like Brendan but his time here was a failure. Same with Kenny. So what, just because they have FA badges and have managed liverpool means they've never made mistakes and they're immune to criticism because they know more about football than me? So that implies to everybody involved in the professional game then doesn't it so why the F**k do we even bother talking about it then? Why are you even on this forum? Because afterall no fan knows any better than the manager and nobody is allowed an opinion if it's one that differs from the manager.

Under Klopp we are progressing but the jig saw isn't compete yet and a couple of players still need to be upgraded on. Henderson is one of them. Which is why he signed Fabinho.

What has Keita playing in a different position got to do with it? Isn't it you who always bangs on about ignoring fixed positions. So which one is it? Make your mind up.

But anyway, playing Henderson on Saturday meant taking Wijnaldum out of the 6 role who has really excelled in there recently. It also meant taking Keita out of the side to push Wijnaldum further forward who looked uncomfortable and it was then clearly obvious how poor our midfield was because of it. All to accomodate Jordan bloody Henderson who is an average player at best and as it happens, had a dreadful game on Saturday too and was rightfully dragged off. Then surprise surprise, we actually started to get a grip once he went off too.

I will say when Jordan Henderson has played well. I've done so before on this forum. But it's people like you who just refuse to admit he's had a dog sh*t game and then say people have agendas against him, when in truth it's actually people like you with the agendas and are obsessed with defending him and trying to prove he is some boss player.

If we sold him tomorrow where's he going? He's that brilliant isn't he I'm sure a few dozen clubs will come in for him. All of the European Giants. I can just picture Bayern Munich coming in for him now with a 50m bid. Oh no sorry. It's Bournemouth with a 15m bid actually.

Won a league cup with Suarez here - he must be crap

Won league cup with Coutinho here - he must be crap

Won F**k all for years, except a league cup with Gerrard and Carra here - they must be crap.

Is it starting to sink in just what a F***ing asinine argument that is?

Oh, and btw, Keita was playing in pretty much a free role when he came on, with the intention of relieving the pressure on us so that we could keep a high line and push up ourselves.
      The substitution would have been planned in advance - give Henderson an hour or so to help build him back up to full match fitness.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #773: Sep 03, 2018 07:13:46 pm

A lot of people not happy when KK sign Carroll and Joe Cole, they're right.
      A lot of people don't want Mignolet at LFC but BR sign him, the fans right.
      A lot of people desperate to see Klopp get a proper DM in, he once said his team no need one but now he sign Fabinho in, again the fans seem right.

Of course it's not a clear right or wrong as black and white or who know better but fans who love the club should have fully rights to discuss things of the club we love.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #774: Sep 03, 2018 07:14:26 pm
      Again, another daft comment from you which doesn't make any sense to me.

We could have the best first 11 in the world. But we still need a squad of players to compete. Jordan Henderson is a decent squad player to have. If that's what klopp wants him for then I'm fine with that.

But new contracts don't really mean much.  We've just signed shaqiri. Does that mean he's going to play every single game?

We've just given a new deal to Mignolet. What about him?

What about lovren? Are we going to drop Gomez from the team who's been playing exceptionally well as soon as dejan is fit all because we gave dejan a contract?

Signing Henderson gives us some security. I very much doubt the owners want a repeat of emre can.

My theory is henderson will be edged out of the side in the next few months and instead of sulking and then potentially leaving us for nothing, we now have him tied down, so when he wants to leave then we will get a decent fee for him.

Nope.

He'll be in the team as first choice barring injury and the need to rest him.

Best get used to that idea before your head explodes.

Best too, to have a look at how he plays, what he does, how he dictates our tempo and press and controls our possession game by recycling.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #775: Sep 03, 2018 07:18:19 pm
      A lot of people not happy when KK sign Carroll and Joe Cole, they're right.
      A lot of people don't want Mignolet at LFC but BR sign him, the fans right.
      A lot of people desperate to see Klopp get a proper DM in, he once said his team no need one but now he sign Fabinho in, again the fans seem right.

Of course it's not a clear right or wrong as black and white or who know better but fans who love the club should have fully rights to discuss things of the club we love.

Carroll is a fine player, unplayable on his day, as John Terry found out.
      It's his mentality that's wrong, not his ability.

Joe Cole was signed by Hodgson, and when younger was a fine player.

Fabinho was bought as a replacement for Can - another player people slated who was wanted by one of the top clubs in the world.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #776: Sep 03, 2018 07:21:38 pm
      Nope.

He'll be in the team as first choice barring injury and the need to rest him.

Best get used to that idea before your head explodes.

Best too, to have a look at how he plays, what he does, how he dictates our tempo and press and controls our possession game by recycling.

How do you know?

So he signed Fabinho just to sit on the bench did he? What an expensive sub.

Let's hope Jordan Henderson lifts something this season then because if he doesn't and Fabinho has been rotting away on the bench all season then poor old Jürgen is going to come in for all kinds of stick.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #777: Sep 03, 2018 07:24:27 pm
      How do you know?

So he signed Fabinho just to sit on the bench did he? What an expensive sub.

Let's hope Jordan Henderson lifts something this season then because if he doesn't and Fabinho has been rotting away on the bench all season then poor old Jürgen is going to come in for all kinds of stick.

Seriously?
       :lmao:

Let me make it very, very clear for you; FABINHO WAS SIGNED TO REPLACE CAN

He hasn't "overhauled the midfield" as you seem to think, he has brought in replacements.

And next summer he'll no doubt reinforce our forward line a bit more.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #778: Sep 03, 2018 07:27:09 pm
      Won a league cup with Suarez here - he must be crap

Won league cup with Coutinho here - he must be crap

Won f**k all for years, except a league cup with Gerrard and Carra here - they must be crap.

Is it starting to sink in just what a f**king asinine argument that is?

Oh, and btw, Keita was playing in pretty much a free role when he came on, with the intention of relieving the pressure on us so that we could keep a high line and push up ourselves.
      The substitution would have been planned in advance - give Henderson an hour or so to help build him back up to full match fitness.

What are you going on about?

Those players you mentioned would have won a lot more medals if they never had absolute crabs around them which is exactly what I'm saying.

F***ing hell steven Gerrard should have had 20 more medals than what he got in his career but he was surrounded by dross.

We've got a great attack, a very decent defence now and the midfield just needs upgrading and then this team has the ability to do anything it F***ing wants.

Roll on a midfield of fabinho, Keita and ox.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #779: Sep 03, 2018 07:27:15 pm

Sorry Swab but dictating tempo and controlling possession you hit the ale already?

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #780: Sep 03, 2018 07:28:25 pm
      Seriously?
       :lmao:

Let me make it very, very clear for you; FABINHO WAS SIGNED TO REPLACE CAN

He hasn't "overhauled the midfield" as you seem to think, he has brought in replacements.

And next summer he'll no doubt reinforce our forward line a bit more.

Well don't you just look like an idiot now with your big capital letters.

Sorry to break it to you petal but fabinho is a 6. The position Jordan henderson plays in.

If anything, Keita was signed to replace can.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #781: Sep 03, 2018 07:29:25 pm
      Sorry Swab but dictating tempo and controlling possession you hit the ale already?

His fans come out with any old sh*te and they say people like me have the agenda. Jesus F***ing Christ.

Quick Reply