Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 60339 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #782: Sep 03, 2018 07:29:38 pm
      Come on guys let’s just be happy that we have good options in midfield. Sometimes it doesn’t work (Saturday is an example) but 8/10 it works beautifully.

I’m not a massive fan of Henderson but I like the fact he’s English, hard working and obviously a good player. I’m glad he’s signed a new contract because it just keeps the feel good factor going, all we need now is Mane to sign on the dotted line.

I’m buzzing about this season and I think more positivity (even on this forum) can help us get over that line (we’ve been so close since Jürgen came in, surely this is it)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #783: Sep 03, 2018 07:31:31 pm
      Sorry Swab but dictating tempo and controlling possession you hit the ale already?

Try watching him mate.

It's what he does, everything goes through him.

He brings in the full backs as they push up (our main outlet for width), he recycles the ball after winning it back, or when someone else wins it back and passes it back to him, he drops deeper to open up space in front of him and for other players, he speeds up the play when needed, and other times slows it down so we can reset, he triggers the press at times, and he sweeps up very well.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #784: Sep 03, 2018 07:33:17 pm
      His fans come out with any old sh*te and they say people like me have the agenda. Jesus F***ing Christ.

I'm not "a fan" of Henderson, I can just see what he does, and the value he brings to the team.

If you're blind to that, it's entirely your problem.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #785: Sep 03, 2018 07:34:09 pm

:lmao: ... I'm done.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #786: Sep 03, 2018 07:35:11 pm
      How do you know?

So he signed Fabinho just to sit on the bench did he? What an expensive sub.

Let's hope Jordan Henderson lifts something this season then because if he doesn't and Fabinho has been rotting away on the bench all season then poor old Jürgen is going to come in for all kinds of stick.

Um Fabinho and Henderson will play in the same team together - with Keita as the higher of the three - believe that was already stated by the manager , since when did it become one or the other ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #787: Sep 03, 2018 07:35:31 pm
      Well don't you just look like an idiot now with your big capital letters.

Sorry to break it to you petal but fabinho is a 6. The position Jordan henderson plays in.

If anything, Keita was signed to replace can.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Klopp played Can at 6 (ish) more than any other position you massive ignoramus.
      So did BR.
      Can is on record as saying it's his preferred position.

I don't think it's me who looks the idiot.

F***ing hell, you're here gobbing off that you know better than Klopp and you don't even know the position Can played?
      That's F***ing priceless  :lmao: :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #788: Sep 03, 2018 07:39:27 pm
      His fans come out with any old sh*te and they say people like me have the agenda. Jesus f**king Christ.

This is a Liverpool supporter slagging off Liverpool supporters for supporting a Liverpool player the f***in world has gone mental.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #789: Sep 03, 2018 07:39:56 pm
      Um Fabinho and Henderson will play in the same team together - with Keita as the higher of the three - believe that was already stated by the manager , since when did it become one or the other ?

Indeed he did state that.

I think part of the problem is that people have yet to work out that Klopp doesn't play static positions.
      He expects all his midfielders to be able to move seamlessly to another position, and rotate positions to keep opponents on the back foot.

For example, an opponent sets up to stop Keita, Keita drops deep, Henderson steps up, and now they have a plan which is worthless.

It's not rocket science, but people are so fixed in their belief that a particular starting point means the player stays there all match.
      The only ones who do that in our team are the defenders and keeper.
      The midfield rotates and moves around, the attackers rotate and move around positionally.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #790: Sep 03, 2018 07:40:45 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #791: Sep 03, 2018 07:43:13 pm

Look again, and next time try laying off the ale, put your F***ing phone down and actually watch what's happening right before your eyes.

Again from Klopp on Fabinho;
      Klopp added: "He has ability and mentality to play at the highest level in a number of positions. He can play '6', '8' and '2'. This is cool. He is tactically very strong and football smart.

Bought as a dedicated 6 eh?

« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2018 09:00:36 pm by RedPuppy »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #792: Sep 03, 2018 07:44:16 pm
      Look again, and next time try laying off the ale, put your f**king phone down and actually watch what's happening right before your eyes.

Again from Klopp;

You think emre can played as the 6 with henderson presumably as the 8, and you think andy Carroll is a boss player.

And I'm on the ale?

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #793: Sep 03, 2018 07:46:45 pm
      Carroll is a fine player, unplayable on his day, as John Terry found out.
      It's his mentality that's wrong, not his ability.

Joe Cole was signed by Hodgson, and when younger was a fine player.

Fabinho was bought as a replacement for Can - another player people slated who was wanted by one of the top clubs in the world.

People may thought Carroll not proof himself enough abilities and mentality before join us, also very injury prone.
      My bad for mistaken you're right Joe Cole signed by RH.
      Yes Fabinho sign as Can left but Can is not a DM and I think Klopp see Gini as direct can replacement.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #794: Sep 03, 2018 07:47:15 pm
      Look again, and next time try laying off the ale, put your f**king phone down and actually watch what's happening right before your eyes.

Again from Klopp on Fabinho;

You're banging on about the interchange constantly which we all know goes on, but the players still have positions and roles you divvy.

Fabinho is versatile he used to be a full back ffs. He can even play centre half. But he was signed as the 6.

Time will prove me right anyway let's come back to this in 12-18 months and let's see what the crack is then.

No point getting your knickers in a twist because your boy Jordan won't be a starter.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #795: Sep 03, 2018 07:47:41 pm
      So you are thinking salah , Firmino and Mane are on their way out
      I know my opinions may go against the grain of some people here, but atleast I don't talk sh*te post after post.
      You post utter complete tripe! post after post after post.
      Nobody is suggesting anybody will be sold, especially our 3 best players.
      Everybody here is acting like Henderson getting a new contract is unexpected or something.
      Even the doubters expected it, like I said.. nobody wants another Emre Can situation.
      If Hendo for some reason doesn't get regular football, he could have ran his contract down.
      If you think Hendo will get more minutes than Kieta, Milner, Shaqiri, Fabinho, Gini etc... that is upto you.
      Ox is injured so I did not mention him. A lot of people have the opinion that Henderson is aveage at a big club.
      Last season all our fans complained about our lacklustre midfield, we made additions then everybody is like.. lets change nothing?
      Some people here can't remember last season at all!

A lot of people also get annoyed because after a very average performance where Henderson did just as well as anybody else, there are a crowd of fanboys saying MOTM, even when he is nowhere near.. if Henderson put in an average performance yesterday, instead of a poor performance people would have been saying he played even better than Gomez who was spectacular.
      People have been saying he is the best DM in the league, it is all garbage backed up by misleading statistics. Most passes in a game etc... that doesn't really sit well when it's Hendo > Van Dijk > Hendo > Gomez> Hendo > Van Dijk > Allison. Everytime Henderson plays, our whole team drops back. It might be a tactic in some games but most games I would prefer the ball to be in the opposition half, bar a few teams that are set-up to counter attack. This is just my oppinion. You are welcome to disagree with it.

I have to repeat this slightly, nobody said we are selling any players. The fact you insinuate it just shows you can't debate rationally or maturely. I was pointing out contracts don't really mean a lot, players have been sold after contracts many times. Every player usually has a price, but a contract will protect the clubs financial assets.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #796: Sep 03, 2018 07:49:48 pm
      You think emre can played as the 6 with henderson presumably as the 8, and you think andy Carroll is a boss player.

And I'm on the ale?

You're banging on about the interchange constantly which we all know goes on, but the players still have positions and roles you divvy.

Fabinho is versatile he used to be a full back ffs. He can even play centre half. But he was signed as the 6.

Time will prove me right anyway let's come back to this in 12-18 months and let's see what the crack is then.

No point getting your knickers in a twist because your boy Jordan won't be a starter.

:lmao:

So you're editing my post where Klopp said he was bought because he can play 6, 8 and 2 because it proved you wrong, and I'm the "divvy"?

This is like when you insisted that FSG were "robbing money out of the club" and I showed you the accounts which proved they weren't but you kept banging on about it anyway.

Oh my days, this is F***ing hilarious.  :lmao:

Oh and yeah, Carroll had all the tools to be an absolute F***ing beast, but he'd rather go on the piss.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #797: Sep 03, 2018 07:55:22 pm
      :lmao:

So you're editing my post where Klopp said he was bought because he can play 6, 8 and 2 because it proved you wrong, and I'm the "divvy"?

This is like when you insisted that FSG were "robbing money out of the club" and I showed you the accounts which proved they weren't but you kept banging on about it anyway.

Oh my days, this is f**king hilarious.  :lmao:

I clicked quote. I haven't edited anything. And just because Fabinho has played in several positions in the past doesn't mean he wasn't signed as the dm. He was.

Where exactly do you think he's going to play? As the 2 then?

I've never in my life said FSG have taken any money out of the club either so that's a lie. I won't get into my thoughts on them in this thread.

And yeah it is brilliant. You're looking like a right tw*t and a good sign of somebody feeling like they're losing a debate is when they say the type of things you are now.

Some of your shouts this evening have been comical to say the least. You're telling people they're clueless and you can't even get simple things right like emre can playing in the 6 position. That's who I'm bloody dealing with.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #798: Sep 03, 2018 07:58:17 pm
      Oh and yeah, Carroll had all the tools to be an absolute f**king beast, but he'd rather go on the piss.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm not going to engae any further  :lmao:

Thank god you're not our manager. Jesusss.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #799: Sep 03, 2018 07:58:49 pm
      I clicked quote. I haven't edited anything. And just because Fabinho has played in several positions in the past doesn't mean he wasn't signed as the dm. He was.

Where exactly do you think he's going to play? As the 2 then?

I've never in my life said FSG have taken any money out of the club either so that's a lie. I won't get into my thoughts on them in this thread.

And yeah it is brilliant. You're looking like a right tw*t and a good sign of somebody feeling like they're losing a debate is when they say the type of things you are now.

Some of your shouts this evening have been comical to say the least. You're telling people they're clueless and you can't even get simple things right like emre can playing in the 6 position. That's who I'm bloody dealing with.

So you're still ignoring the fact that Klopp said he can play as a 6 and an 8?

Absolutely hilarious.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're some F***ing gobs***e fella.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #800: Sep 03, 2018 07:58:56 pm
      Oi watch what you write on here . that's a disgusting thing to write
      Wasn't the classiest insult, but Swab was equally responsible because I don't think he called Hemann "ignoramus" as a complement
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #801: Sep 03, 2018 08:00:01 pm
      Wasn't the classiest insult, but Swab was equally responsible because I don't think he called Hemann "ignoramus" as a complement

oh here we go.

The village idiot meeting let out early again.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #802: Sep 03, 2018 08:00:14 pm
      I know my opinions may go against the grain of some people here, but atleast I don't talk sh*te post after post.
      You post utter complete tripe! post after post after post.
      Nobody is suggesting anybody will be sold, especially our 3 best players.

it was you that brought into the conversation players who signed contracts and then were sold ? i would have thought you were trying to make a statement about players signing contracts and then being sold

Everybody here is acting like Henderson getting a new contract is unexpected or something.
      Even the doubters expected it, like I said.. nobody wants another Emre Can situation.
      If Hendo for some reason doesn't get regular football, he could have ran his contract down.
      If you think Hendo will get more minutes than Kieta, Milner, Shaqiri, Fabinho, Gini etc... that is upto you.
      Ox is injured so I did not mention him. A lot of people have the opinion that Henderson is aveage at a big club.
      Last season all our fans complained about our lacklustre midfield, we made additions then everybody is like.. lets change nothing?
      Some people here can't remember last season at all!

Henderson will get as many minutes on the pitch as the players you mention , in fact more than Milner , Gini and Shaqiri.

We made additions to strengthen the squad - we now have options in the middle of the park as opposed to last season when we didnt.

And yep i remember last season watching us get to the CL Final with Henderson in the team

A lot of people also get annoyed because after a very average performance where Henderson did just as well as anybody else, there are a crowd of fanboys saying MOTM, even when he is nowhere near.. if Henderson put in an average performance yesterday, instead of a poor performance people would have been saying he played even better than Gomez who was spectacular.
      People have been saying he is the best DM in the league, it is all garbage backed up by misleading statistics. Most passes in a game etc... that doesn't really sit well when it's Hendo > Van Dijk > Hendo > Gomez> Hendo > Van Dijk > Allison. Everytime Henderson plays, our whole team drops back. It might be a tactic in some games but most games I would prefer the ball to be in the opposition half, bar a few teams that are set-up to counter attack. This is just my oppinion. You are welcome to disagree with it.

Im not sure what the point is there - Klopp has his style of play and at times that include retaining possession and waiting for the breaks and gaps instead of forcing it or lumping. Henderson is a part of that retaining possession and also can play that ball through
      I have to repeat this slightly, nobody said we are selling any players. The fact you insinuate it just shows you can't debate rationally or maturely. I was pointing out contracts don't really mean a lot, players have been sold after contracts many times. Every player usually has a price, but a contract will protect the clubs financial assets.

Again when i mentioned Henderson signing a new contract showing it to be a sign of the clubs and manager commitment to the player - YOU countered it by bringing up players that have signed contracts and then left - so im wondering did you say the same stuff about the new contracts when Salah etc signed theirs - or is it different with them
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #803: Sep 03, 2018 08:01:36 pm
      So you're still ignoring the fact that Klopp said he can play as a 6 and an 8?

Absolutely hilarious.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're some f**king gobs***e fella.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What has that got to do with anything?

He can play right back. Was he signed as a right back though? No.

You're one deluded bellend.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #804: Sep 03, 2018 08:03:17 pm
      What has that got to do with anything?

He can play right back. Was he signed as a right back thouth? No.

You're one deluded bellend.

Direct quote from Klopp saying he can play as a 6, 8 and 2 and you're trying to argue he was bought only as a 6.
      You're completely ignoring it because you can't stand the fact that you're wrong.

So funny  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply