Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 59390 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #805: Sep 03, 2018 08:05:36 pm
      Direct quote from Klopp saying he can play as a 6, 8 and 2 and you're trying to argue he was bought only as a 6.
      You're completely ignoring it because you can't stand the fact that you're wrong.

So funny  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're weird you mate. You alright?

Bobby firmino can play a number of positions. He starts every game as the 9 though.

Fabinho can play a number of positions. It's great that he can. But he will be playing the vast majority of his games as the 6.

You can think he's going to be right back or be the box to box number 8 if you like mate, let's just wait and see then shall we.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #806: Sep 03, 2018 08:07:33 pm
      You're weird you mate. You alright?

Bobby firmino can play a number of positions. He starts every game as the 9 though.

Fabinho can play a number of positions. It's great that he can. But he will be playing the vast majority of his games as the 6.

You can think he's going to be right back or be the box to box number 8 if you like mate, let's just wait and see then shall we.

I'm fine thanks.

I'm also not the one ignoring direct quotes from Klopp.

crack on mate, this is better than netflix.
      It's F***ing hilarious watching the mental contortions you make trying to ignore Klopp's direct quote.
      Brilliant  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #807: Sep 03, 2018 08:08:29 pm
      I am not responding to "Lallana is Bananas", not that he is right about anything. He is retwisting what he already tried to pretwist.
      As for Emre Can, he did a number 6 role.
      Fabinho has been brought in ro replace him.
      I can't imagine us having Fab and Hendo on at the same time much.
      I know we had Hendo and Can together before, but now we have other options now.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #808: Sep 03, 2018 08:12:37 pm
      I'm fine thanks.

I'm also not the one ignoring direct quotes from Klopp.

crack on mate, this is better than netflix.
      It's f**king hilarious watching the mental contortions you make trying to ignore Klopp's direct quote.
      Brilliant  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Your obsession with a quote is stranger than your obsession with henderson.

Find it baffling how you've used the word mental when your the one using 100 laughing emojis saying direct quote over and over.

This is probably the fifth time I've said it now but ill do it once more for you as your obviously not paying attention and your too busy eating crayons in your bedroom, but fabinho can play several positions but he was signed to play as our DM. You can disagree if you want, but your wrong sadly, and time will show you that.

Now there's no neee to cry and get upset just because there's some competition for the 6 role. Calm down.

I'm fully expecting a DIRECT QUOTE DIRECT QUOTE DIRECT QUOTE  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: type of reply and it'll be that moment I'll accept you're obviously very odd and I'll flick the ignore button on  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #809: Sep 03, 2018 08:19:04 pm

Find it baffling how you've used the word mental when your the one using 100 laughing emojis saying direct quote over and over.

This is probably the fifth time I've said it now but ill do it once more for you as your obviously not paying attention and your too busy eating crayons in your bedroom, but fabinho can play several positions but he was signed to play as our DM. You can disagree if you want, but your wrong sadly, and time will show you that.

Now there's no neee to cry and get upset just because there's some competition for the 6 role. Calm down.

I'm fully expecting a DIRECT QUOTE DIRECT QUOTE DIRECT QUOTE  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: type of reply and it'll be that moment I'll accept you're obviously very odd and I'll flick the ignore button on  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

You seem obsessed with quoting people about quotes
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #810: Sep 03, 2018 08:20:57 pm

Klopp says Fabinho can play 6, 8 and 2, and yet you contradict him and say he's going to play exclusively as a 6.
      Said who?
      Give me a quote, tell me who at the club on the coaching staff said it?

FYI Henderson (again this was said by Klopp) can play the 6 and 8 or out wide if needs be.

Milner can play 6, wide left (like he did covering for Robertson last match), wide right, 8 and both full back positions.

Keita can play 6, 8 and 10.

Shaqiri can play wide, central, 10

Wijnaldum can play 6, 8 or wide.

Ox can play 8 and 10 or wide right.

Yet you insist Fabinho is going to play exclusively as a 6.

oh my days, this just gets better and better.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #811: Sep 03, 2018 08:23:39 pm
      Klopp says Fabinho can play 6, 8 and 2, and yet you contradict him and say he's going to play exclusively as a 6.
      Said who?
      Give me a quote, tell me who at the club on the coaching staff said it?

FYI Henderson (again this was said by Klopp) can play the 6 and 8 or out wide if needs be.

Milner can play 6, wide left (like he did covering for Robertson last match), wide right, 8 and both full back positions.

Keita can play 6, 8 and 10.

Shaqiri can play wide, central, 10

Wijnaldum can play 6, 8 or wide.

Ox can play 8 and 10 or wide right.

Yet you insist Fabinho is going to play exclusively as a 6.

oh my days, this just gets better and better.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And literally every single one of those players has the same position for the vast majority of their games.

What is so hard to understand? Fabinho will play the vast majority of his games as the 6 for us and may occasionally move positions depending on team selection, injuries, form, opposition, balance etc

Why can you not grasp that?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #812: Sep 03, 2018 08:25:38 pm
      You seem obsessed with quoting people about quotes

Do i? Or did I mention it once after being spammed half a dozen or so times with it?

Wondered how long it'd be until you started quoting me again. I noticed you do it before but ignored you. But you're obviously going to carry on.

You're a wum lad. I messaged you privately then you started crying and said I offered you a straightener on a lfc forum  :lmao:

You're a wum and you're a weirdo. I think you're a massive pr**k, you're obviously not keen on me either, so why don't you just ignore me? I ignore you. So stop quoting me and we won't engage.

Bye
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #813: Sep 03, 2018 08:28:58 pm
      I don't believe this needs spelling out.
      Most players bar goalkeepers and some strikers can play in multiple positions.
      They don't get to play secondary positions often because of a system.
      There may be a time he plays as a number 2 or 8, but it won't be often.
      Lucas played as a CB when we were caught short, doesn't mean he will be a natural CB.
      Fabinho main position is DM.
      He is competing with Hendo and Gini for that role.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #814: Sep 03, 2018 08:29:53 pm
      And literally every single one of those players has the same position for the vast majority of their games.

What is so hard to understand? Fabinho will play the vast majority of his games as the 6 for us and may occasionally move positions depending on team selection, injuries, form, opposition, balance etc

Why can you not grasp that?

No, they don't.
      They play where Klopp tells them to play.

Why can you not grasp the fact that Fabinho will do the same, even if it means cover at right back?

One match Milner will be wide right, the next wide left, Wijnaldum will drop deep, Henderson push up, etc etc

Why can you not grasp that Fabinho can play a variety of roles?

Why can you not grasp the fact that all of our midfielders will.

Why can you not grasp the fact that just today, Klopp said Henderson was his "General"?

Why can you not grasp the fact that Henderson is one of Klopp's favourite players?

Why can you not grasp the fact that unless he's injured or needs a rest, Henderson will be a nailed on starter?

Why are you basing Fabinho being ahead of him on a few pre-season games?

Why are you unable to understand what Henderson brings to the team?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #815: Sep 03, 2018 08:32:08 pm
      No, they don't.
      They play where Klopp tells them to play.

Why can you not grasp the fact that Fabinho will do the same, even if it means cover at right back?

One match Milner will be wide right, the next wide left, Wijnaldum will drop deep, Henderson push up, etc etc

Why can you not grasp that Fabinho can play a variety of roles?

Why can you not grasp the fact that all of our midfielders will.

Why can you not grasp the fact that just today, Klopp said Henderson was his "General"?

Why can you not grasp the fact that Henderson is one of Klopp's favourite players?

Why can you not grasp the fact that unless he's injured or needs a rest, Henderson will be a nailed on starter?

Why are you basing Fabinho being ahead of him on a few pre-season games?

Why are you unable to understand what Henderson brings to the team?

Listen mate I can't be arsed. Like I said earlier let's just give it a year, maybe 18 months and then see what the crack is then.

I think Henderson will be edged out of the team. You don't. Sound. We will see what happens.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #816: Sep 03, 2018 08:35:59 pm
      Jürgen Klopp hails Liverpool's 'General' as captain Jordan Henderson signs new long-term contract

Carl Markham

September 3 2018 5:43 PM

Manager Jürgen Klopp believes Jordan Henderson is the embodiment of a Liverpool player after his captain committed himself to the club for the peak years of his career.

The Reds boss praised his "General" and is convinced the 28-year-old can still get even better over the course of what is a five-year contract.

"It is fantastic news but should not be a surprise to anyone - he is perfect for us and we for him, I think," Klopp told liverpoolfc.com.

"Jordan embodies entirely what it means to be a Liverpool player in this modern era of football.

"You can tell through his actions on and off the pitch he treats representing our badge and our shirt as a privilege.

"He takes nothing for granted and strives to learn and be better for his team at all times.

"He carries a lot on his shoulders that people on the outside won't see, but he embraces that responsibility and that leadership. He is our 'General' and I trust him completely."

Henderson made his first start of the season in Saturday's 2-1 win at Leicester which ensured Liverpool's best opening to a campaign since 1990-91.

He had previously been restricted to three substitute appearances but that was no reflection of his standing within the team - and more to do with easing him back after his extended involvement in England's run to the World Cup semi-finals.

"The best thing is, I think - in fact, I know - he will get even better in these coming years. And this improvement will come from a very high base already," added Klopp.

"Jordan is so important to us and we are very fortunate as a club to have this person commit to us as he has.

"For Jordan and his wonderful young family, I am really pleased they now know they are part of our Liverpool family for an even longer time."

Henderson moved to Anfield in the summer of 2011, assuming the role of captain from Steven Gerrard in 2015, and has made 283 appearances.

"It doesn't seem like too long ago when I signed my first one - it feels like yesterday, really - but a lot has happened since then," Henderson said.

"I feel it's been a progressive journey for me throughout my time here and one I've enjoyed so much.

"There is no other place in the world I would rather play football. I want to be here for as long as I can be.

"I'm so privileged to have been a part of this club for so long, and hopefully even longer now.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/Jürgen-klopp-hails-liverpools-general-as-captain-jordan-henderson-signs-new-longterm-contract-37278462.html
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #817: Sep 03, 2018 08:36:33 pm
      Listen mate I can't be arsed. Like I said earlier let's just give it a year, maybe 18 months and then see what the crack is then.

I think Henderson will be edged out of the team. You don't. Sound. We will see what happens.

Barring injury or rest, he will be a nailed on starter for the foreseeable future.

He'll only be edged out if he gets a career ending injury.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #818: Sep 03, 2018 08:38:55 pm
      Jürgen Klopp hails Liverpool's 'General' as captain Jordan Henderson signs new long-term contract

Carl Markham

September 3 2018 5:43 PM

Manager Jürgen Klopp believes Jordan Henderson is the embodiment of a Liverpool player after his captain committed himself to the club for the peak years of his career.

The Reds boss praised his "General" and is convinced the 28-year-old can still get even better over the course of what is a five-year contract.

"It is fantastic news but should not be a surprise to anyone - he is perfect for us and we for him, I think," Klopp told liverpoolfc.com.

"Jordan embodies entirely what it means to be a Liverpool player in this modern era of football.

"You can tell through his actions on and off the pitch he treats representing our badge and our shirt as a privilege.

"He takes nothing for granted and strives to learn and be better for his team at all times.

"He carries a lot on his shoulders that people on the outside won't see, but he embraces that responsibility and that leadership. He is our 'General' and I trust him completely."

Henderson made his first start of the season in Saturday's 2-1 win at Leicester which ensured Liverpool's best opening to a campaign since 1990-91.

He had previously been restricted to three substitute appearances but that was no reflection of his standing within the team - and more to do with easing him back after his extended involvement in England's run to the World Cup semi-finals.

"The best thing is, I think - in fact, I know - he will get even better in these coming years. And this improvement will come from a very high base already," added Klopp.

"Jordan is so important to us and we are very fortunate as a club to have this person commit to us as he has.

"For Jordan and his wonderful young family, I am really pleased they now know they are part of our Liverpool family for an even longer time."

Henderson moved to Anfield in the summer of 2011, assuming the role of captain from Steven Gerrard in 2015, and has made 283 appearances.

"It doesn't seem like too long ago when I signed my first one - it feels like yesterday, really - but a lot has happened since then," Henderson said.

"I feel it's been a progressive journey for me throughout my time here and one I've enjoyed so much.

"There is no other place in the world I would rather play football. I want to be here for as long as I can be.

"I'm so privileged to have been a part of this club for so long, and hopefully even longer now.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/Jürgen-klopp-hails-liverpools-general-as-captain-jordan-henderson-signs-new-longterm-contract-37278462.html

Strong words from Klopp, and good positive news for the player and the club.

He's not only a good player, but a great example for the young players, and going forwards, we need that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #819: Sep 03, 2018 08:39:36 pm
      I don't believe this needs spelling out.
      Most players bar goalkeepers and some strikers can play in multiple positions.
      They don't get to play secondary positions often because of a system.
      There may be a time he plays as a number 2 or 8, but it won't be often.
      Lucas played as a CB when we were caught short, doesn't mean he will be a natural CB.
      Fabinho main position is DM.
      He is competing with Hendo and Gini for that role.

I believe the manager has said the roles player will play within the middle of the park are adaptable and when a player starts he isnt confined to that role

The first choice three is believe are

Fabinho - Henderson and Keita - Fabinho will mainly sit but can also go forward like he used to for Monaco and Henderson will sit , Henderson and Keita will also interchange and can play close to the top three or also the link man with the back line and full backs - its all very fluid

Milner and Gini can also then come in and fill in any off those roles - i dont see them as numbers to assign just three guys in the middle who will play various roles but can also mix and match - very fluid.

Klopp no doubt will have Gini in with Henderson and Keita at times or Fabinho Gini and Keita - and sometimes he may well just play to the two in a 4-2-3-1 type formation

But its all very fluid and Henderson will and is be vital to it and will start a lot more games than Gini and Milner.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #820: Sep 03, 2018 08:39:51 pm

Same, Swab's responses are as bad as "Lallana is Bananas" now.

In one year I fully expect Fabinho to be our best DM with Keita being a very important automatic starter with Gini and Ox competing for a spot in the midfield, with Milner and Shaqiri being very good impact subs. I do think that Henderson will get games though. It's a busy season and our first xi can't play in all of them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #821: Sep 03, 2018 08:40:45 pm
      Do i? Or did I mention it once after being spammed half a dozen or so times with it?

Wondered how long it'd be until you started quoting me again. I noticed you do it before but ignored you. But you're obviously going to carry on.

You're a wum lad. I messaged you privately then you started crying and said I offered you a straightener on a lfc forum  :lmao:

You're a wum and you're a weirdo. I think you're a massive pr**k, you're obviously not keen on me either, so why don't you just ignore me? I ignore you. So stop quoting me and we won't engage.

Bye

Would recommend some fish with that chip on your shoulder
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #822: Sep 03, 2018 08:44:16 pm
      I believe the manager has said the roles player will play within the middle of the park are adaptable and when a player starts he isnt confined to that role

The first choice three is believe are

Fabinho - Henderson and Keita - Fabinho will mainly sit but can also go forward like he used to for Monaco and Henderson will sit , Henderson and Keita will also interchange and can play close to the top three or also the link man with the back line and full backs - its all very fluid

Milner and Gini can also then come in and fill in any off those roles - i dont see them as numbers to assign just three guys in the middle who will play various roles but can also mix and match - very fluid.

Klopp no doubt will have Gini in with Henderson and Keita at times or Fabinho Gini and Keita - and sometimes he may well just play to the two in a 4-2-3-1 type formation

But its all very fluid and Henderson will and is be vital to it and will start a lot more games than Gini and Milner.

Sorry to just pick out one part of a good post, but I think this bit is the key.

Potentially we have 3 players, all of whom can interchange with no loss in quality, but more importantly, 3 strong runners who can all break the lines of the opposing team.
      For me, that's our first choice midfield assuming Fabinho is able to adapt quickly.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #823: Sep 03, 2018 08:44:33 pm
      Those words from Klopp aren't just words you 'have to say'.

This thread will go into hibernation again by Halloween when the critics once again have F**k all to say until there's a poor team performance and Henderson can take all the blame for that too.

Think this is cycle 6/7 of this happening now, you'd think people would learn.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #824: Sep 03, 2018 08:45:14 pm
      Face it, for the first time in a while we have a good squad and competition for places which can only be a good thing, still think we need a ten but we are in a good place right now, there will be rotation
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #825: Sep 03, 2018 08:46:45 pm
      Those words from Klopp aren't just words you 'have to say'.

This thread will go into hibernation again by Halloween when the critics once again have F**k all to say until there's a poor team performance and Henderson can take all the blame for that too.

Think this is cycle 6/7 of this happening now, you'd think people would learn.

Scapegoating, the modern fans favourite sport.

If they can't find one, they'll make sh*t up and ignore any evidence to the contrary.

We used to be known as footballs most knowledgeable fans.
      Then the internet arrived.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #826: Sep 03, 2018 08:47:13 pm
      Face it, for the first time in a while we have a good squad and competition for places which can only be a good thing, still think we need a ten but we are in a good place right now, there will be rotation

Bingo

Thats why Klopp bought the guys because last season we flogged the likes of Henderson and Gini to death because we had no one to rotate with - now there is options all other the squad both in numbers and also varying styles to suit the oppo we face
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #827: Sep 03, 2018 08:47:53 pm
      I love Henderson and have always rated him as a player. Yes he can be frustrating to watch sometimes but so can any player. He has a very specific duty within the Klopp system and that is why Klopp rates him so highly. He is utilised as a destroyer who breaks play up and then gives it to the artists to paint the picture. All good teams employ a destroyer, teams that don't usually get ripped apart, you can't have a team of players who only want to attack.

I don't really know much about Fabinho but i am aware he is a defensive midfielder from what i have read and that leads me to believe that Klopp will rotate Fabinho and Henderson as he sees fit. We have all complained about the lack of squad depth over recent years but Klopp and the owners have added strength where we need it most.

We now have Henderson, Fabinho, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Chamberlain (when fit again) and Shaqiri can also be utilised as a midfielder if required. The addition of Fabinho and Keita has undoubtedly strengthened our midfield department and it is no secret that we need a depth to our Squad to sustain challenges for trophies on many possible fronts. With the potential of playing a possible 70 plus matches, squad depth is more important than ever.

There is no doubt in my mind that Klopp will use this greater flexibility to his advantage this Season. He has extra options and alternative systems at his disposal and that can only be a good thing right?

No matter what people think of Henderson he is crucial to the system that Klopp employs. Klopp values hard work and sacrifice more than any other values in his system. You can have all the talent in the world but it will only get you so far without hard work. Is Henderson a nailed on starter? Absolutely not, the quality we have brought in has put paid to that. Is he a nailed on rotational squad member, absolutely. We need Jordan Henderson as much as any player in the Squad.

Bear in mind that he is still settling back in at the moment, the same can be said for Firmino and Salah also. He's not the only player not back up to speed yet.

Jordan Henderson isn't going anywhere soon.

Quick Reply