Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 60418 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #828: Sep 03, 2018 08:48:16 pm
      I believe the manager has said the roles player will play within the middle of the park are adaptable and when a player starts he isnt confined to that role

The first choice three is believe are

Fabinho - Henderson and Keita - Fabinho will mainly sit but can also go forward like he used to for Monaco and Henderson will sit , Henderson and Keita will also interchange and can play close to the top three or also the link man with the back line and full backs - its all very fluid

Milner and Gini can also then come in and fill in any off those roles - i dont see them as numbers to assign just three guys in the middle who will play various roles but can also mix and match - very fluid.

Klopp no doubt will have Gini in with Henderson and Keita at times or Fabinho Gini and Keita - and sometimes he may well just play to the two in a 4-2-3-1 type formation

But its all very fluid and Henderson will and is be vital to it and will start a lot more games than Gini and Milner.
      Klopp won't go that defensive, Fabinho will likely be DM. Fabinho, Milner and Keita is more likely. Eventually that will probably be Fabinho, Ox and Keita. With there being 2 games a week, it is likely Henderson will interchange with Fabinho for now. I do think when we have our most important games, Hendo should not be in the first 11.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #829: Sep 03, 2018 08:48:23 pm
      Face it, for the first time in a while we have a good squad and competition for places which can only be a good thing, still think we need a ten but we are in a good place right now, there will be rotation

I was thinking Shaqiri or Keita for the 10, but our play is so fluid I'm not sure it matters.

Good to have that extra bit of quality on the bench and in the squad though.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #830: Sep 03, 2018 08:49:14 pm
      Would recommend some fish with that chip on your shoulder

I read my comment back and I apologise for what I said. Out of order, sorry.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #831: Sep 03, 2018 08:50:09 pm
      I love Henderson and have always rated him as a player. Yes he can be frustrating to watch sometimes but so can any player. He has a very specific duty within the Klopp system and that is why Klopp rates him so highly. He is utilised as a destroyer who breaks play up and then gives it to the artists to paint the picture. All good teams employ a destroyer, teams that don't usually get ripped apart, you can't have a team of players who only want to attack.

I don't really know much about Fabinho but i am aware he is a defensive midfielder from what i have read and that leads me to believe that Klopp will rotate Fabinho and Henderson as he sees fit. We have all complained about the lack of squad depth over recent years but Klopp and the owners have added strength where we need it most.

We now have Henderson, Fabinho, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Chamberlain (when fit again) and Shaqiri can also be utilised as a midfielder if required. The addition of Fabinho and Keita has undoubtedly strengthened our midfield department and it is no secret that we need a depth to our Squad to sustain challenges for trophies on many possible fronts. With the potential of playing a possible 70 plus matches, squad depth is more important than ever.

There is no doubt in my mind that Klopp will use this greater flexibility to his advantage this Season. He has extra options and alternative systems at his disposal and that can only be a good thing right?

No matter what people think of Henderson he is crucial to the system that Klopp employs. Klopp values hard work and sacrifice more than any other values in his system. You can have all the talent in the world but it will only get you so far without hard work. Is Henderson a nailed on starter? Absolutely not, the quality we have brought in has put paid to that. Is he a nailed on rotational squad member, absolutely. We need Jordan Henderson as much as any player in the Squad.

Bear in mind that he is still settling back in at the moment, the same can be said for Firmino and Salah also. He's not the only player not back up to speed yet.

Jordan Henderson isn't going anywhere soon.

F**k me, how did I forget Lallana?

Just shows the options we have now.
      I really hope he can recapture his form of season before last.
      He is quality when he's on form.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #832: Sep 03, 2018 08:52:31 pm
      Klopp won't go that defensive, Fabinho will likely be DM. Fabinho, Milner and Keita is more likely. Eventually that will probably be Fabinho, Ox and Keita. With there being 2 games a week, it is likely Henderson will interchange with Fabinho for now. I do think when we have our most important games, Hendo should not be in the first 11.
      Who says its defensive ?

Henderson will play higher up with Fabinho sitting up - sorry but the coming season will show you to be completely wrong - Henderson will play if fit the big games with Keita - the other will be Fabinho. You have it in your mindset that Henderson can only play in a role that is deep and defensive when thats clearly not the case.

Once Fabinho is ready the first choice will be IMO Fabinho , Henderson and Keita - and thats not a defensive three . its our best balance of the midfield

You will need to get past your idea that its either Fabinho or Henderson
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #833: Sep 03, 2018 08:53:20 pm
      F**k me, how did I forget Lallana?

Just shows the options we have now.
      I really hope he can recapture his form of season before last.
      He is quality when he's on form.
      You didn't forget Lallana, he is more likely to replace a forward like Shaqiri did in our recent game.

1) Salah      Firmino       Mane
      2) Lallana    Sturridge    Shaqiri

Solanke can have the League Cup.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #834: Sep 03, 2018 08:55:58 pm
      I read my comment back and I apologise for what I said. Out of order, sorry.

Look, we both need to grow up and move on. No apology necessary and we will agree to disagree on most things
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #835: Sep 03, 2018 08:58:29 pm
      I was thinking Shaqiri or Keita for the 10, but our play is so fluid I'm not sure it matters.

Good to have that extra bit of quality on the bench and in the squad though.

Yeah, had a feeling that shaqiri would have been played as a 10 v brighton, reckon he will try it maybe in the dodgy foreign lager cup v rent boys
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #836: Sep 03, 2018 09:07:06 pm
      You didn't forget Lallana, he is more likely to replace a forward like Shaqiri did in our recent game.

1) Salah      Firmino       Mane
      2) Lallana    Sturridge    Shaqiri

Solanke can have the League Cup.

Ribapuru,

You are aware that the bulk of Lallana appearances have been as a part of the midfield trio?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #837: Sep 03, 2018 09:07:41 pm
      Wasn't the classiest insult, but Swab was equally responsible because I don't think he called Hemann "ignoramus" as a complement

do you even know what he wrote means
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #838: Sep 03, 2018 09:09:01 pm
      The last few pages, this has become a shouting match, personal insults, name calling, and meandered on and off topic.

Could never see the point in this topic anyway as we have a player thread.

As such, locked.

Agree, disagree as much as you want, but cut out the constant personal name calling.

Quick Reply