Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 62559 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #667: Sep 02, 2018 02:31:15 pm
      And there we have it folks, this arrogant shyster knows more about players and professional football than some of the best coaches in the world.
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      The only reason I entertain you is that you are good for a laugh on occasion.... Wait... Prove where klopp said that....Where is your proof, Show us the source..... 

Edit:- going to get something to eat...await you're reply  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2018 09:25:52 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #668: Sep 02, 2018 02:35:57 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has spoken with Jordan Henderson about why the Liverpool captain is yet to start a game this season.

Henderson has come off the bench in each of the Reds’ three Premier League outings so far this term, which have ended in wins over West Ham United, Crystal Palace and Brighton and Hove Albion respectively.

After helping England reach the semi-finals of the World Cup over the summer, the midfielder was one of the final members of Klopp’s squad to report for pre-season training.

And the boss has explained that while Henderson would prefer to have been in his XI against West Ham, Palace and Brighton, there is an understanding as to why he has been restricted to substitute appearances in the early weeks of the campaign.

Klopp said: “Of course it is difficult for him as captain, but Hendo is such an important player to us and he knows that. We had talks about that.

“Especially with his style of play and how he puts everything on the pitch, you need to be in a really good shape physically. And he had these moments during the weeks, not this week, but the weeks before when you saw it is quite intense.

“You have to do that [the intense training] when you can [and] we could do it. Hendo was the last one to come back. OK Dejan [Lovren] was but he's not been fit. Now Hendo has had four weeks. It will be six weeks by the time we play Tottenham.

“He's not in doubt and I am not in doubt about his role so he has dealt with it [not starting] well.”

Klopp has started the same midfield trio in all three of Liverpool’s fixtures to date this season and the displays of Georginio Wijnaldum, James Milner and Naby Keita have afforded him the luxury of easing Henderson back in.

The manager added: “If the performance of the team allows you the opportunity to bring other players in their best possible physical situation then you should use it and that's what we did.”
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/314593-klopp-henderson-liverpool-leicester

Jürgen Klopp says Jordan Henderson will remain a key part of Liverpool's midfield despite the arrivals of Fabinho and Naby Keita.

Liverpool captain Henderson has returned to pre-season training after helping England reach the World Cup semi-finals.

But with the 28-year-old given an extended break following Russia 2018, Liverpool have thrived in his absence, crushing Napoli 5-0 in Dublin on Saturday, while they beat Premier League rivals Manchester United 4-1 in the International Champions Cup.

Klopp, though, insists the midfielder remains in his plans for the 2018-19 season, with Fabinho and Keita's signings addressing the loss of Emre Can to Juventus.

"Hendo is so important to us, not only as a player but also as a person and as a leader," Klopp told the Liverpool Echo.

"You need these players like Hendo and Millie [James Milner] to help create a special spirit in the squad, otherwise it doesn't work. There are no doubts about Hendo. I didn't need the final proof in and around the World Cup or in last season.

"He had to learn kind of a new position for him. I still remember the Burnley game [at Turf Moor in August 2016] when we lost 2-0 with 80 per cent possession. Hendo for sure was involved in the first goal with a press ball that he didn't win. One of the main things I was asked about after the game was: 'Can he really play as the No. 6?'

"I said: 'Yes, he can and he will.' He had to learn and he had to improve and that's exactly what he did. He can still play as the eight or we could play some games with a double six, Fabinho could play the eight or whatever, that's all possible.

"If things were fixed with just one line-up and all the others were only needed when the rest are ill that would be the wrong way and we'd have no chance."
      https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2018/08/06/klopp-henderson-key-despite-fabinho-keita-signings/?guccounter=1

So there we have - one of the best coaches in world football, vs some no mark on a football forum who thinks he knows better than the worlds best coaches.

Then again, this is the same fella who went off on a ranting hissy fit when asked to point out non-existent space which he insisted was there.

It beggars belief, it really does.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2018 02:42:20 pm by Swab »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #669: Sep 02, 2018 02:50:06 pm
      Klopp says many things that he doesn't mean because it's the professional thing to say.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #670: Sep 02, 2018 02:50:27 pm
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/314593-klopp-henderson-liverpool-leicester
      https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2018/08/06/klopp-henderson-key-despite-fabinho-keita-signings/?guccounter=1

So there we have - one of the best coaches in world football, vs some no mark on a football forum who thinks he knows better than the worlds best coaches.

Then again, this is the same fella who went off on a ranting hissy fit when asked to point out non-existent space which he insisted was there.

It beggars belief, it really does.

OH Dear.... You are either defecting and changing the subject,(your normal MOD) or you simply did not understand what it was I was asking you for....

Please show me where Jürgen Klopp said that he was was having the coaching staff help Danial Sturrigde bulk up his upper body to help his leg injuries
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #671: Sep 02, 2018 02:52:04 pm
      Klopp says many things that he doesn't mean because it's the professional thing to say.

So basically when he says something that isn’t agreeing with your opinion then it’s just Klopp being professional.

Can you explain why Klopp hasn’t taken the Captains armband off him or sold him if he doesn’t rate him ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #672: Sep 02, 2018 02:54:17 pm
      OH Dear.... You are either defecting and changing the subject,(your normal MOD) or you simply did not understand what it was I was asking you for....

Please show me where Jürgen Klopp said that he was was having the coaching staff help Danial Sturrigde bulk up his upper body to help his leg injuries

I believe Klopp told Origi to bulk up to help him lead the line
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #673: Sep 02, 2018 02:59:01 pm

What the F**k is an MOD?
      Do you perchance mean modus operandi?
      That.s M.O.

The question was about Henderson, and you said you know better than Klopp.
      You asked for proof he'd said it, it was provided, so now you try to accuse others of that which you are doing (deflecting)

You had your proof, get on the blower to Klopp, and give him the benefit of your knowledge.

I have no doubt that as one of the worlds foremost experts, above the likes of Rafa and Klopp in terms of knowledge, that they are just waiting for you to give your expert opinion.

Just another WUM.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #674: Sep 02, 2018 03:01:54 pm

As usual he's twisting things to try and get a rise.

What I actually said was "it looks to me like Sturridge has bulked up, probably to try and negate some of his injury problems".

This was at a time when he came with the old chestnut "his legs are gone", a useless catchall phrase used by the terminally bewildered to try and sound as though they know what they're talking about.

Sturridge has indeed bulked up, and changed the way he plays according to a pre-season post match interview he gave.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #675: Sep 02, 2018 03:04:00 pm
      Mate...
      number one, Origi is not Sturrigde
      two... You say that you have played competitive sport, then you would know that you do not just bulk upper your upper body to protect your legs
      three... This guy has the biggest hard on for me... He will seek me out on this forum and try to goad me, and If i response he then tries to make out that i am picking on him... He has done this to plenty of contributors on here, but like me because it usually bite... I will never comment on one of his post first
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #676: Sep 02, 2018 03:08:39 pm
      This thread is up there with the fsg and rafa threads

Reminds me of the Lucas thread back in the Rafa days actually.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #677: Sep 02, 2018 03:08:42 pm
      Mate...
      two... You say that you have played competitive sport, then you would know that you do not just bulk upper your upper body to protect your legs
      three... This guy has the biggest hard on for me... He will seek me out on this forum and try to goad me, and If i response he then tries to make out that i am picking on him... He has done this to plenty of contributors on here, but like me because it usually bite... I will never comment on one of his post first

Umm I think you have a few issues - my comment was just a statement in fact , Klopp did tell Origi to bulk up so he may well have told Sturridge to do the same to help protect from injury - seems a thing he would do

And Sturridge does look a fitter stronger player so maybe he has

As for point 3 - that’s your issue to deal with
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #678: Sep 02, 2018 03:08:47 pm
      Mate...

Seek you out?
      Call out your bullshit more like.
      How's the search for that non-existent space going?
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

How far up your own arse are you?
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I never said a thing about upper body only, just that he'd bulked up, and the amount of deflection going on here is huge.
       :lmao: :lmao:

Go and get your recorder and get in touch with the Philharmonic - it's more believable that you knowing anything about football.

Oh, and watch out for the space that isn't there - you wouldn't want to fall into it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #679: Sep 02, 2018 03:13:04 pm
      What the f**k is an MOD?
      Do you perchance mean modus operandi?
      That.s M.O.

The question was about Henderson, and you said you know better than Klopp.
      You asked for proof he'd said it, it was provided, so now you try to accuse others of that which you are doing (deflecting)

You had your proof, get on the blower to Klopp, and give him the benefit of your knowledge.

I have no doubt that as one of the worlds foremost experts, above the likes of Rafa and Klopp in terms of knowledge, that they are just waiting for you to give your expert opinion.

Just another WUM.
      Yes MO which and is correct, Misprint... Could be down to the fact that I was think that you was a Dick, hence MO turned into MOD

Now that is cleared up...
      You knew the question was about DS, but as is you MO Dick, you tried to change it... And If I am a WUM, why is it you keep seeking me out for abuse...? Just do what I normally do to you, and just not reply to anything I post. Or as you have done in the pass quote or refur to any thing that i post... Simple
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #680: Sep 02, 2018 03:16:37 pm
      Yes MO watch and is correct, Misprint... Could by down to the fact that I was think that you was a Dick, hence MO turned into MOD

Now that is cleared up...
      You knew the question was about DS, but as is you MO Dick, you tried to change it... And If I am a WUM, why is it you keep seeking me out for abuse...? Just do what I normally do to you, and just not reply to anything I post. Or as you have done in the pass quote or refur to any thing that i post... Simple

Oh dear, a rather pathetic attempt at wumming.
      A quick read back shows the question was about Hendersons fitness levels.
      Evidence asked for, evidence provided, and then lo and behold you change the subject.

2/10

Now, about that non existent space you keep insisting is there.
      Please point it out.

Oh, and can you pass on my best to the world class managers at your seminar showing them what they've been doing wrong all these years.
       :lmao: :lmao:

What an idiot WUM.
      Not even a decent troll.
       :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #681: Sep 02, 2018 03:26:12 pm

Well Lucas was another player who was massively underrated and not appreciated by his own fans so you are prob right.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #682: Sep 02, 2018 03:31:25 pm
      Umm I think you have a few issues - my comment was just a statement in fact , Klopp did tell Origi to bulk up so he may well have told Sturridge to do the same to help protect from injury - seems a thing he would do

And Sturridge does look a fitter stronger player so maybe he has

As for point 3 - that’s your issue to deal with

I really don't give a flying f**k what you think about me... You want fact

Fact Origi and Sturridge are two  different players. The issue Sturridge has are different than Origi hence my first point

Fact you do not bulk up your upper body to protect your legs

Fact Swab claims that this was done with the knowledge and approval of Klopp so I asked for the source... IF he could have proven this he would have been only to glad to done so... But instead tries to deflect and then in another post did what i say he does,tries to play the injured part...

If you want to be taken in by him feel free... People who have posted here long enough know what he is like
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #683: Sep 02, 2018 03:41:57 pm
      I really don't give a flying f**k what you think about me... You want fact

Fact Origi and Sturridge are two  different players. The issue Sturridge has are different than Origi hence my first point

Fact you do not bulk up your upper body to protect your legs

Fact Swab claims that this was done with the knowledge and approval of Klopp so I asked for the source... IF he could have proven this he would have been only to glad to done so... But instead tries to deflect and then in another post did what i say he does,tries to play the injured part...

If you want to be taken in by him feel free... People who have posted here long enough know what he is like

I can make my own mind up about people -  im more than capable of making my own judgments.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #684: Sep 02, 2018 03:46:01 pm
      Well Lucas was another player who was massively underrated and not appreciated by his own fans so you are prob right.

Without wanting to derail the thread, here's a nice article and interview with Lucas, where he also talks about another one of our old lads, Luis Alberto.
      Apologies if you've seen it already.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/304322-lucas-leiva-interview-liverpool-fc-luis-alberto-lazio
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #685: Sep 02, 2018 03:49:19 pm

Lucas again was attacked for not being Stevie despite the fact he did the job that was not natural to him but the one the manager asked him to do he was a fantastic team player I loved the lad
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #686: Sep 02, 2018 03:50:18 pm
      Are you that dense or being deliberately stupid  ? Who gives a sh*t if the Spurs manager wants to put his players into the team without any pre season - that too me suggests the team doesn’t have the same level of squad depth or that as some of them are younger have higher levels of fitness already - maybe the Spurs manager believes his players will reach their fitness playing the games , Klopp is seems wants to do it differently - if you can’t fathom that then I’m sorry but football isn’t for you

It’s been four games you spanner , Henderson has come on every game and started the last one - you make it sound like Klopp has resigned him to the reserves - KLOPP IS PLAYING HENDERSON , he started him on the bench whilst the players who had a full pre season started the first few games and now Klopp has him in the team.

People like you are making out that Henderson isn’t starting the first couple of games because he doesn’t rate him or he had a poor game when the manager himself has already said the other were ahead of him in terms of match fitness/sharpness because they had a full pre season. If you can’t understand that concept then stick to playing with dolls

Only the stupid and insecure call other people stupid. Preseason or not those other players are playing well already, Henderson is NOT, is that clear enough for you?
      My contention is that lack of a preseason is bloody irrelevant at this point as we are almost a month into the new season now and Henderson should be in fine form already, his England colleagues certainly seem to be.
      Perhaps its better for you to admit your line of argument is wrong rather than childishly throw around insults, you know you wouldn't do it in person so stop being such a heroic keyboard warrior!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #687: Sep 02, 2018 03:52:55 pm
      Posted them many times, have a look through this thread, you'll find them.

Swearing isn't infantile by the way, babies don't swear too much last time I checked. Nice try though A for effort.

;D of course swearing in infantile, its the last recourse of someone who is losing an argument, it serves no purpose in terms of trying to win a debate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #688: Sep 02, 2018 03:54:08 pm
      Lucas again was attacked for not being Stevie despite the fact he did the job that was not natural to him but the one the manager asked him to do he was a fantastic team player I loved the lad

A fine player who sacrificed his natural game for the sake of the team, and also seems to be a lovely fella.

He seems to be really enjoying his time in Italy, but maybe we'll see him back here one day in a coaching role (He mentioned once that he'd like to coach).
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #689: Sep 02, 2018 03:55:14 pm

Yeah Lucas was another underwhelming midfielder, especially after his injuries? I actually see a lot of parallels between Henderson and Lucas, both wear their hearts on their sleeves, would run through brick walls for the club but both are lacking as footballers in terms of game intelligence and skill.

Quick Reply