Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      23 (28.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (6.3%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (5%)
      Alberto Moreno
      8 (10%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (10%)
      Mohammed Salah
      12 (15%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      9 (11.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (3.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (2.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.3%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Oct 18, 2017 02:33:04 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27893 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Oct 15, 2017 01:13:50 pm
      Chances are being created but not being put away if that does not highlight the fact we need a No 9 I dont know what does. I dont buy fully into that this player needs to press 100 mph as is seen by some as a necessity as that as stopped of late partly due to the best At it Lallana.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #484: Oct 15, 2017 01:34:24 pm
      Interesting to see every player who started the game got at least 1 vote for MotM -- except Can....  He really is hit/miss -- capable of the extraordinary, but too ordinary far too often....

Thought Salah was our best player again.  Jose put 10 players behind the ball, and Mo was one of the only ones capable of receiving the ball in really tight spaces, bringing it under control, and wriggling out to create some sort of opportunity.  Should have left the one for Cou to hit, but I'm not mad at him for being a bit selfish.  Just wish he'd netted....

If we're being honest, United are going to play out a lot of 0-0 draws against the top 6 this season.  Maureen has no intent to try to win games like this, and even teams like City / Chelsea will struggle to beat United when they play like this.... 

Hopefully United fans lash out against Jose's anti-football tactics -- a LFC v Scum match where only 1 team plays for a win is hardly worthy of being the most watched club game in the world.....
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #485: Oct 15, 2017 03:25:40 pm
      I hate De Gea with a passion.

And I wish we had a keeper that good.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #486: Oct 15, 2017 04:16:04 pm

Reminded me of many saves i made playing crab football
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #487: Oct 15, 2017 04:20:57 pm
      Few facts:

- lost that killer instinct
      - goals have dried up
      - clean sheet for once
      - top 4 looking extremely tough
      - Maribor has to be convincing
      - I can’t remember the last Sunday that I wasn’t in a bad mood
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 511 
      Reply #488: Oct 15, 2017 04:24:15 pm
      In some ways that was a similar story to our other matches this season - plenty of possession, clearly the better side on the day, but didn't win.

However I saw a lot of encouraging signs in that performance. The big negative that carried on from recent games was our lack of cutting edge up front. Our lack of a striker is hurting us. Defensively, though, we played pretty well. In particular Lovren, who I was on the point of writing off completely, was excellent, and hopefuly will get some much needed confidence from that performance.

The biggest encouragement for me though was what I thought was a change to our game management. Since Brendan's time I feel we have had a real problem with this. We almost always have to play at a very high tempo to play well. We struggle to vary the pace, and when play slows down we seem to lose control and let the opposition back in. That has been a big concern for me this season. We tend to start off at 100 miles and hour, run the 1st half, but then fade in the second as we run out of legs. That didn't happen this time. We played more patiently from the start, looked more controlled, but still created chances. In the 2nd half we seemed to have a lot more left in the tank than usual this season, and totally bossed it. It was only a lack of cutting edge that stopped us winning this time - not defensive errors, nor that combination of naivety, nerves and tiredness that has been afflicting us in the latter part of games.

To me, that was a much more controlled, tactically smart performance than we have had all season. The lack of a goal scorer is an ongoing problem, but some of the other issues we have had I think Jürgen is maybe starting to get sorted ( albeit the 2 players subbed off was a bit surprising, and didn't help us). But, yeah, disappointed we didn't win, but actually I think we played well, and basically played off the park a side that are supposedly strong title contenders who were coming into the game bang in form.

Keep playing like that and we will win most games in my opinion.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #489: Oct 15, 2017 04:27:30 pm
      Chances are being created but not being put away if that does not highlight the fact we need a No 9 I dont know what does. I dont buy fully into that this player needs to press 100 mph as is seen by some as a necessity as that as stopped of late partly due to the best At it Lallana.

Screw his age, we need Aubameyang. The man is still balling out, he would make us better now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #490: Oct 15, 2017 04:49:20 pm

You wouldn't hate him if he played for Liverpool.  :D How do you rate him? No1 or No2 in thw world. You'll probably say i don't give a F**k but can only ask.  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      Reply #491: Oct 15, 2017 04:53:55 pm
      You wouldn't hate him if he played for Liverpool.  :D How do you rate him? No1 or No2 in thw world. You'll probably say i don't give a f**k but can only ask.  ;D

A classic case of giving a player time to settle in, still reckon if madrid come back in for him he will drop his kecks like an old slapper
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #492: Oct 15, 2017 05:05:08 pm
      A classic case of giving a player time to settle in, still reckon if madrid come back in for him he will drop his kecks like an old slapper

He got some stick early doors and reminded me of Paddy Roche  ;D. Yeah still possible the tw*ts will pinch him off us.  :f_steam:
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 659 posts | 85 
      Reply #493: Oct 15, 2017 05:43:08 pm
      Few facts:

- lost that killer instinct
      - goals have dried up
      - clean sheet for once
      - top 4 looking extremely tough
      - Maribor has to be convincing
      - I can’t remember the last Sunday that I wasn’t in a bad mood
      Let's face it Mcarz's youth team would have kept a clean sheet yesterday against that pathetic United attack.

Goals have dried up, not sure how long we can keep playing a non-scoring number 9.

Where's the next Robbie Fowler coming from? Any 60 goal a season youth player in the local leagues that anyone knows about?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      Reply #494: Oct 15, 2017 05:48:30 pm
      He got some stick early doors and reminded me of Paddy Roche  ;D. Yeah still possible the tw*ts will pinch him off us.  :f_steam:

Wasn't he in auf wiedersehn pet ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #495: Oct 15, 2017 05:54:44 pm

Could of been because that was a comedy of errors too  ;D
      RedWilly

• 9,176 posts | 1630 
      Reply #496: Oct 15, 2017 06:14:12 pm
      Again, all the whiny gobshites, who only ever complain.

Yeah, we had enough chances to win.
      We didn't; tough sh*t.

What is happening is that we will soon start to trounce teams.
      And of course, that means the whiny bitches will f**k off, hopefully.

Oh, maybe not, maybe we'll see another round of "why player X isn't good enough, and I know more than one of the best coaches in the world"

Maybe try a low block, eh.
      (oh and BTW, a low block is more about cutting down passing lanes than blocking runs, you dumb, never watched a match, couldn't recognise a stadium, or a pivot, cockwomble)

The irony of you calling anyone a whiny gobs***e :D every post you make is a bi*ch about someone or something. Suppose you watched it from your box talking tactics with David N'Gog did you :D

Of course in your eyes this whole forum is redundant because no one is allowed to discuss anything. Must be a right barrel of laughs having a pint with you.

As for the match. My concern isn't with us not being able to score against the bus parkers, especially when they are as expensive as the mancs team, the focus needs to remain the defence and then focus on the how we deal with those odd games where we look like we won't score in a month of Sunday's.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      Reply #497: Oct 15, 2017 08:44:13 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #498: Oct 15, 2017 10:46:58 pm
      One other point. I notice the "we need to talk about Henderson" thread, and in fairness to its starter he acknowledges the reference to the Gerrard one of the same name, probably one of the most embarrassing I've seen in the boards.

I think we may be more served by a "we need to talk about Bobby Firmino" thread, or at least "we need to talk about having a centre forward who rarely scores because he doesn't actually play there" one. Perhaps even a "how can we get Bobby Firmino into the team alongside a bloke who actually plays centre forward".

At the moment, as Sturridge's insipid performances are showing, Bobby is the only viable option. Surely though at some point we are going to get ourselves a real striker aren't we? And I mean before we've waited three seasons to decide whether or not Solanke is up to it.

I'd have gone 4-2-3-1 and started Solanke.
      We're badly missing a proper front man for games where the opposition is happy to park the bus.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #499: Oct 15, 2017 10:57:57 pm
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #500: Oct 16, 2017 03:21:23 am
      I honestly don't get this mentality; it's like we don't get the result we want and we bi*ch and moan about the money the Mancs spent and the embarrassment of their style.

Honestly, I couldn't give a f**k about them, but if that's how you find your equilibrium after a game like that then bully for you.

But I'll play Devil's Advocate here:

Those cu*ts who spend all that money have been trouncing teams left, right and centre - apparently it is one of their best starts EVER in the Premier League era. No easy feat considering that they used to dominate this league in the 90's.

You bemoan their style and blame them for us not winning. Difference between them and us is they can clearly adapt and play accordingly, we can't. So where they trounce cannon fodder almost weekly, we can't. For that they are up 7 pts on us, we were at home - Maureen decided to do what he did last year at Anfield - the c**t is a bad loser, the c**t would happily keep a clean sheet and would be more than content to take a point, than lose to a club that has often rattled him in the past. He didn't need to win, we did. We are seven points behind them, he chose to change his style and got what he wanted.

And do you know what, if he can win more matches by stifling teams one minute, and then blowing others away the next that embarrassment of riches you speak of will easily finish above a team that is nowhere near as streetwise, clinical, incisive and as pragmatic. While we're busy wagging our fingers at the Munts telling them this is how the game should be played after spending all that money, do you honestly think those cu*ts over at Castle GreySkull will give a f**k about your moral superiority when they're picking up silverware and actually challenging for honours come the season's end?!

No don't get me wrong, I think the result matters. When Rafa used to set us up to not lose against Europes richest I definitely admired that.  But when a manager like Mourinho, whom always gets everything he wants in terms of resources, sets up like Tony Pulis with a similar budget then I for one think that is appalling. You can read tactical 'masterclass' if you like but to win the prem you need 3 pts not 1 which is why the other rich player in Manchester i.e. City will win the league. So Mourinho has set his team up to fail ultimately.

Secondly, we were unlucky even against the  billion pound bus.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #501: Oct 16, 2017 10:29:31 am
      Again, all the whiny gobshites, who only ever complain.

Yeah, we had enough chances to win.
      We didn't; tough sh*t.

What is happening is that we will soon start to trounce teams.
      And of course, that means the whiny bitches will F**k off, hopefully.

Oh, maybe not, maybe we'll see another round of "why player X isn't good enough, and I know more than one of the best coaches in the world"

Maybe try a low block, eh.
      (oh and BTW, a low block is more about cutting down passing lanes than blocking runs, you dumb, never watched a match, couldn't recognise a stadium, or a pivot, cockwomble)

This from the bloke who thinks Daniel Sturridge is a class above Harry Kane.

Credibility shattered :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #502: Oct 16, 2017 11:38:28 am
      Another game which highlighted that sometimes against the bus parkers when you going to have a lot of the ball just in front on the opposition box the lack of ability from our midfielders to smack one in from the edge of the box.

Apart from Coutinho we have no one.

Gini is one of the worst culprits with his powder puff efforts which usually end up as back passes to the keeper.
      He is our new Raheem in terms of powder puff efforts.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      Reply #503: Oct 16, 2017 04:56:57 pm
      FA in no charges for Lukaku shocker
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #504: Oct 16, 2017 08:31:17 pm
      First chance I've had to comment on the game and with tomorrows battle coming up over the hill I'll be quick ;
      Man U have a shithouse manager - fact !
      Lukaku is sh*te and always will be.
      That away kit they've got is the shitiest in the league.
      Sturridge was a complete waste of a substitute, he offered nothing to us whatsoever.
      If Salah had've left that ball for Coutinho's right foot after the De gea save we'd be 3 points better off now.

F**k it, the sooner we kick off tomorrows game the better !

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #505: Oct 17, 2017 12:21:16 am
      If Salah had've left that ball for Coutinho's right foot after the De gea save we'd be 3 points better off now.

I know, I was screaming at the TV. I love Salah but Coutinho would have buried that b***ard in the roof.

Quick Reply