Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

F.A. Cup 2017/18

Read 24084 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: F.A. Cup 2017/18
      Reply #138: May 19, 2018 07:55:58 pm
      Two buses and the best coach won.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #139: May 19, 2018 07:58:51 pm

could take the places of Stan and Jack from on the Buses.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #140: May 20, 2018 12:36:48 am
      Jose saying they deserved to win?! They should have had a player sent off, how can a player slide through the back of an attacker, on the edge of the 6 yard box, in a 1v1 situation and it be deemed to have no intent other than to win the ball?! It’s as blatant red card as you could possibly get!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #141: May 20, 2018 10:09:04 am
      Don't worry, Keith, there is always the CL final....

Yeah but that's not till 2019 mate.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #142: May 20, 2018 10:11:01 am
      To win the grand total of f**k all despite spending hundreds of millions of pounds during the transfer window is a pretty grand achievement.

Bit harsh that my mate. You've been spending in transfer window for 10 years and still nothing.  :couch:  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #143: May 20, 2018 01:39:59 pm
      Bit harsh that my mate. You've been spending in transfer window for 10 years and still nothing.  :couch:  ;D

I think you'll wind that your lot have a positive net spend, we certainly don't, oh.....

In all seriousness it was a boring game of football but why can't Maureen just once show some class and just congratulate the other team for winning without coming out with this crap that they weren't the best team when they used the exact same tactics as he uses, it's pathetic and embarassing.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #144: May 20, 2018 01:53:16 pm
      Shocker of a game yesterday. Both teams had the same sh*te game plan, Chelsea were just lucky enough to get the first goal.

Still, rather that than the other way round!
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #145: May 20, 2018 01:56:01 pm

They are 2nd in the league and they are also 2nd on the FA cup.  ;D :roll: :roll: :roll: ;D ;D ;D

:lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #146: May 20, 2018 03:19:14 pm
      This was a weird one for me. Went in to the game wanting Utd to win, because the way the Roman and the team treated Jose, but the moment Chelsea score did not want them to lose, such is my dislike of Man Utd  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #147: May 20, 2018 03:41:09 pm

In all seriousness it was a boring game of football but why can't Maureen just once show some class and just congratulate the other team for winning without coming out with this crap that they weren't the best team when they used the exact same tactics as he uses, it's pathetic and embarassing.

As a fan I can only agree with you it can be very boring and predictable. I can moan but not sure it will get me anywhere.  :-\ Would be great to play football like we did under the Fergie years but it just isn't the Mourhino way. He appears set in his ways. Things need to change next year but as a fan can only hope. We can't win the league playing football like we're now.

Too many exciting teams like yourselves, Spurs and title favs  City will blow so many teams away.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #148: May 20, 2018 04:16:55 pm
      As a fan I can only agree with you it can be very boring and predictable. I can moan but not sure it will get me anywhere.  :-\ Would be great to play football like we did under the Fergie years but it just isn't the Mourhino way. He appears set in his ways. Things need to change next year but as a fan can only hope. We can't win the league playing football like we're now.

Too many exciting teams like yourselves, Spurs and title favs  City will blow so many teams away.

It will be more of the same next season only United won't finish in the top 2 maybe ye will win the league cup.

Mourinho's tactics are outdated and similar to Wenger at Arsenal he has become a cup manager as teams striving for European and domestic title success are becoming less interested in winning domestic cups.

Also I think he will struggle to keep the dressing room next season if he continues to criticise some of his players while putting others up on a pedestal.

Either way I hope he's there next season as it will guarantee United won't be title contenders.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #149: May 20, 2018 04:50:16 pm
      It will be more of the same next season only United won't finish in the top 2 maybe ye will win the league cup.

Mourinho's tactics are outdated and similar to Wenger at Arsenal he has become a cup manager as teams striving for European and domestic title success are becoming less interested in winning domestic cups.

Also I think he will struggle to keep the dressing room next season if he continues to criticise some of his players while putting others up on a pedestal.

Either way I hope he's there next season as it will guarantee United won't be title contenders.
      I think you make valid points and very hard to disagree with you. I won a nice few bob on United finishing above Liverpool this year. However, we only finished 2nd due to your great run in the CL in my opinion.

If Mourhino doesn't change his style next year I think it will be his last sadly.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #150: May 20, 2018 05:33:25 pm
      I think you make valid points and very hard to disagree with you. I won a nice few bob on United finishing above Liverpool this year. However, we only finished 2nd due to your great run in the CL in my opinion.

If Mourhino doesn't change his style next year I think it will be his last sadly.
      Honest question, why do United fans even like Mourinho?
      He rants about how people are jealous of Pogba because they struggle for money and Pogba is rich.
      Actually Pogba was sh*te considering 90m at that time.
      He comes on and rants about heritage, no idea what his point was.. it sounded like he was talking about nothing.
      He plays defensive football all season, then complains when other teams park the bus and say they did not deserve to win?
      This is just recent stuff. He is not very liked in other leagues he managed in either.
      If he were a Liverpool manager, we'd dislike him regardless of results because of his attitude.
      He won't be a Liverpool manager because a) we got Klopp and b) our owners are aware of how we feel about Mourinho.
      Before he was at United, Liverpool fans didn't like him and United seemed to want him, this heel of a man.
      Why do United fans etc.. like him that much?
      He's only really proven to perform well with massive amounts of money, personally I think half the fans on this forum could do well as a manager with the money he's had.
      Do United fans think he's handsome or something? What's the deal?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #151: May 20, 2018 09:13:29 pm
      So basically, Pogba is just a flash Carlton Palmer who for some reason bounces along like a chicken when he hasn’t got the ball.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #152: May 20, 2018 09:54:59 pm
      So basically, Pogba is just a flash Carlton Palmer who for some reason bounces along like a chicken when he hasn’t got the ball.

Yes I knew he reminded me of someone from the past its CARLTON FECKIN PALMER
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #153: May 20, 2018 09:56:22 pm
      Honest question, why do United fans even like Mourinho?
      He rants about how people are jealous of Pogba because they struggle for money and Pogba is rich.
      Actually Pogba was sh*te considering 90m at that time.
      He comes on and rants about heritage, no idea what his point was.. it sounded like he was talking about nothing.
      He plays defensive football all season, then complains when other teams park the bus and say they did not deserve to win?
      This is just recent stuff. He is not very liked in other leagues he managed in either.
      If he were a Liverpool manager, we'd dislike him regardless of results because of his attitude.
      He won't be a Liverpool manager because a) we got Klopp and b) our owners are aware of how we feel about Mourinho.
      Before he was at United, Liverpool fans didn't like him and United seemed to want him, this heel of a man.
      Why do United fans etc.. like him that much?
      He's only really proven to perform well with massive amounts of money, personally I think half the fans on this forum could do well as a manager with the money he's had.
      Do United fans think he's handsome or something? What's the deal?

I can't speak for others only myself. I've said on many occasion I've always like him, even at the chavs. I've always liked his arrogance for some reason. Obviously fully understand why he is hated so much but he brings that on himself.

I actually agree with most of what you say. Once again I can only post what many you lads of said in the passed about your own players! He maybe a c**t, but he's our c**t.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #154: May 20, 2018 10:08:54 pm
      From what I saw of the Cup Final, thought it was awful as entertainment value goes. Feel sorry for both sets of supporters paying to watch such a poor game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #155: May 20, 2018 10:35:14 pm
      football has developed and improved Maureen hasn't still buying big immobile players when everyone else is looking at speed and agility oh and players with a brain.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #156: May 20, 2018 10:43:48 pm
      No doubt see more spills and thrills, in next weeks final, which could be, another white knuckle ride for Liverpool fans. Although far better entertainment, than the dross served up yesterday.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #157: May 20, 2018 10:47:58 pm
      He's only really proven to perform well with massive amounts of money

Erm I’m not a fan of his but this is bollocks. He had massive success with Inter Milan and Porto who are not rich by any means.

He won the F***ing champions league with both, that’s so F***ing hard to do.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #158: May 21, 2018 12:24:34 am
      If gary neville disappearing isn't even more of a motivation on saturday i don't know what is
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #159: May 21, 2018 12:25:33 am
      Erm I’m not a fan of his but this is bollocks. He had massive success with Inter Milan and Porto who are not rich by any means.

He won the f**king champions league with both, that’s so f**king hard to do.

Moratti spent loads at Inter. Have a look at their squad that won that year,

In defence they had,

Janetti, Cordoba, Chivu, Lucio, Maicon, Materazzi and Walter Samuel!!

Midfield

Stankovic, Cambiasso, Sneijder,  Motta, Quaresma, Muntari,

forward

Eto, Balotelli, Pandev, Milito, Arnautovic.

They sold Ibrahajmovic to Barca and bought I believe, Eto, Lucio, Milito, Sniejder and Maicon something like that. He convinced people he was up against it.

Quick Reply