Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Spurs 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion

Read 34732 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Re: Spurs 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion
      Reply #644: Oct 22, 2017 06:17:15 pm
      Too many on here that are as much fans of Liverpool as I am of opera or heavy metal. I love music but I struggle to listen to a whole album of either.

This is a rough period - no doubt - but this isn’t an iPod on shuffle it’s a f***in’ mint piece of classic vinyl and sometimes the harder tracks are the more worthwhile.

Listen to the end and stop saying you prefer Meatloaf’s greatest hits.

That just means you’re a c**t.

Gutted today.

F**k off everybody.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #645: Oct 22, 2017 06:17:49 pm
      Ive had all i can take for now. Please don't ask for a motm with more than 3 names on the list.  I'm off.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #646: Oct 22, 2017 06:19:38 pm
      lovren physically looked shot, not good that someone taking so many pills to play.

I didn't realise he was mate.  So he's playing with an injury?

I cannot believe what I've seen from our lot today.  Absolutely gutted.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,436 posts | 3420 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #647: Oct 22, 2017 06:20:10 pm
      We had no luck and then bad luck got around. :)

Anybody here knowing a site with detailed stats, like not only shots on target, but their quality? We look pathetic on defense, but not much better on offense.

I also expect Migs to get axed by Klopp very soon.

Tonight isn't a night for stats unless how much alcohol can you consume before you lose your a) anger b) frustration c) inhibitions d) sight e) any feeling in your body
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #648: Oct 22, 2017 06:20:16 pm
      Still can't understand when klopp never got rid of migs loven Henderson can couple more anyone can see their sh*t
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #649: Oct 22, 2017 06:22:48 pm
      I didn't realise he was mate.  So he's playing with an injury?

I cannot believe what I've seen from our lot today.  Absolutely gutted.

Lovren has an ongoing back problem, no way he can play every game, and it seems today was one he should have missed.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #650: Oct 22, 2017 06:23:08 pm

I don't need hundreds of football qualifications to know that dejan lovren isn't good enough for liverpool fc. So why is he STILL playing week in, week out? He should have been sold years ago and somebody who actually is good enough should have been signed. If klopp does persist with him and we continue to lose games then he deserves the sack. He is a f**king liability and a disgrace to tbe shirt.

He's not the only one though. It's time to be ruthless and strip Henderson of that armband. Drop him. When the going gets tough and you need your senior players, your leaders, to stand up and be counted where the f**k is that shithouse? When has he EVER grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck? I've had it with him as well. If we want to win trophies we need a better captain and a better midfielder than Jordan Henderson.

Why is mignolet still here? He has been here for 4/5 seasons now and has been our number 1 for all of that time. He is bottom half of the league standard. Look at all of the other keepers in the teams above us and then compare them to mignolet. It's laughable.

F***ing piss poor that. Too many shithouses in this club and I'm f**king sick of it now.

When a manager still has belief in players that failed miserably week after week when majority of the supporters saw it differently, and Klopp did nothing in the transfer windows then Klopp is the biggest problem and will only hasten his own departure.

Mig, Lovren, Klavan, Hendo, Moreno, Can, Firminho and Wijnaldum, 8 bang average players on the squad and Klopp still belief is good enough. he has to start being ruthless and wake up from his slumber.

Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #651: Oct 22, 2017 06:26:01 pm
      Listening to Klopps post match interview I think he has finally given up on Dejan...he was saying how if he was on the pitch in that situation he wouldn't be claiming for offside after a throw-in hoping that the linesman would make a wrong decision and that if it was him on the pitch Kane wouldn't have gone past him

He needs to be more flexible with his line up. He plays 4-3-3 every week. I said he should be playing 4-4-2, should of kept it tight, we were at them from the off, the back 4 taking a high line. Lovren to high, first goal, second goal Lovren charging forward not that far from the half way line.

We need to give the defense more cover, we can't just go at from the off and expect this defense to actually do their job. We have to build from the back, build some confidence to actually defend.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #652: Oct 22, 2017 06:26:26 pm
      Game was lost after 14 minutes..

If Lovren had a bad back why the F**k did he start in the first place.
      Why didn't Klopp start with TAA,Gomez,Matip and Moreno?

As for their third..why didn't Mignolet shout to Matip to let it go for a goal kick?..

Emre Can is F***ing useless.

Gutted and embarrassed is an understatement.

This can't go on.

Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #653: Oct 22, 2017 06:29:42 pm
      We'd need better stats. Show me a stat of "big chances" per game (not equal to shots on target). It's possible we are just in a slump.

I have a stat of "how lfc lost". The focus is on the "HOW". It is immediately down to tactics and game management and remotely down to transfers in/out.... All of these are on the manager. The buck stops with him in as much as we can pick son ome of the players for errors.
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017 06:34:06 pm by Compuche »
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #654: Oct 22, 2017 06:30:01 pm

If Lovren had a bad back why the f**k did he start in the first place.

As for their third..why didn't Mignolet shout to Matip to let it go for a goal kick?..

Emre Can is f**king useless.

This can't go on.

This is yet another issue about Mig that people often overlook. He can't F***ing command the defense. He's a timid little kitten in front of goal.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #655: Oct 22, 2017 06:30:59 pm
      Didn't buy one CB or Striker this summer and blew £40M on a player we seemingly don't need.

Any wonder we concede for fun and struggle to score against the best sides I wonder?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #656: Oct 22, 2017 06:32:11 pm
      First goal - Lovren mistake, and if Mignolet comes out that far needs to win it
      Second goal - Lovren again, and Milner let he man overtake him
      Third - back to not being able to defend set pieces as a team, though would hope Mignolet might save the odd shot
      Fourth - Simon, take a bow

Our goal, much maligned Hendo thro ball for Salah to scuff it in.

Lot of people wetting themselves after midweek, against a poor side.
      It was great to get the goals. no doubt, but today was the proper test.
      The better guage of were we are.

Disappointed, no doubt, but not surprised. Is anymore?

Yes, we have players making individual errors. But that excuse doesn't wash anymore for me, because they have been making those errors for years now. Jürgen and the transfer committee need to take responsibilty for not replacing them.
      Mignolet and Lovren are just doing that they do. The decision to not put up with it anymore should've been made two summers ago, nevermind the summer just f**king gone.

Calling for Mignolet to be dropped? Karius is worse! He will make mistakes too. He's done it before. He'll do it again. He's not the only one not learning from his mistakes if we dump him back in. What about Ward!?

Backup for Lovren. But sure we don't need any, there's no better f**king defenders out there!! Don't give me that bollox that we wanted VVD, and there is nobody else out there who would improve us. How many performances like today's do we have to continue watching? Klavan - nope. Likely see Gomez move in there. There's nobody else.

Nothing new out there today.
      Sick of watching us defend like a bunch of kids.
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017 09:55:15 pm by bmck »
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #657: Oct 22, 2017 06:32:43 pm
      Oh please don't start the season's over sh*t, it's october and unbelievably were are still a win or so off the top four, we were poor today but get a hold of yourself

Top four is now a target for LFC and its fan base? What a shame!!!
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #658: Oct 22, 2017 06:35:05 pm
      Oh please don't start the season's over sh*t, it's october and unbelievably were are still a win or so off the top four, we were poor today but get a hold of yourself

We're also 5 points above the relegation zone.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #659: Oct 22, 2017 06:35:21 pm
      Lovren is finished - must be surely

Brought off after 30 or whatever minutes.
      You don't see that very often at this level.
      After the performance, and getting dragged off so early, confidence will be on the floor.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #660: Oct 22, 2017 06:36:08 pm
      This is yet another issue about Mig that people often overlook. He can't f**king command the defense. He's a timid little kitten in front of goal.

Either that or come and claim the ball himself.
      There was no one in a white shirt there when the ball come over, just four red shirts. So what did we do? Give straight back to the left foot of Ali.
      To lose that goal on the stroke of half time was the final nail in the coffin, we actually had them on the back foot until Emre F***ing Can brought down Ali for the free kick..

I'm so pissed off right now..
      I'm off to play my guitar VERY loud for a while..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #661: Oct 22, 2017 06:36:57 pm
      Oh well, don't know about you lot but I'm looking forward to the LFC takeover talks this week
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #662: Oct 22, 2017 06:40:55 pm

If Lovren had a bad back why the f**k did he start in the first place.

Emre Can is f**king useless.

This can't go on.

Can should be dropped till he shows some desire. He did well enough last season but now looks as if he wants out.

The Mig thing is typical of this defense, no communication, no leadership. Lovren needs to go. He's a liability for sure.

But no point in hiding from it - the club is in a mess. Hardly one single position is nailed on.

A lot has been made of Klopp's motivational ability but he hasn't proved himself in other areas, like tactics, team picks, subs, transfers.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #663: Oct 22, 2017 06:46:20 pm
      Average defending, fair enough. Bottom for conceding goals, not good enough, full stop. Embarrassed today.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #664: Oct 22, 2017 06:46:53 pm
      If Klopp doesn't overhaul the defence and get a new keeper whether in Jan or end of the season, he's simply hasten his own departure. We have players that ran and tackled like a 100 years old man and  that's the very reason why we are where we are now. Klopp simply doesn't understand the quality of players he needed for the EPL. When Moreno and Hendo are still around when many said they should be gone, for me Klopp is simply a fatherly figure to the players, trying to act tough but actually not and certainly not a title winning manager.

Would 3/4 of the squad survived the Shankly's or Paisley's era? That's how far our standard has dropped.

The natives are restless and furious Klopp. That's the start of your problem. Saw the same reaction from fans in Benitez and Brendan's departures and i fear for Klopp.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #665: Oct 22, 2017 06:48:07 pm
      Mignolet, Lovren, Klavan, Moreno, Can, Henderson, & a couple more are just not good enough. Massive changes needed.

Jürgen needs to get serious with the same sh*te that is constantly letting him down, there again he is not doing himself any favours either.

Poch did to us exactly what we have done to them previously, murdered our high line not exactly difficult with our defence.

15 goals conceded in 5 away league games - kinell Jürgen WTF.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #666: Oct 22, 2017 06:50:23 pm
      Right lads - Halloween's coming up next week.

Who's going as Lovren and Mignolet?
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017 06:57:11 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply