Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Spurs 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion

Read 34204 times
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Re: LIVE: Tottenham v Liverpool - October 22nd 16.00 GMT
      Reply #621: Oct 22, 2017 05:57:13 pm
      Shambles at the back, had good chances up front but their keeper was the difference a lot of great saves denied us .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #622: Oct 22, 2017 05:58:44 pm
      That's literally like saying we used to have Suarez who was our best goal scorer and now we don't.
      More concerned about what we have right now than what we used to have because this is f**king shambolic

Yeah, fully agree with you, but you don't ship out players without a replacement. If you don't need a replacement, why the F**k where they there in the first place ? And yes, it is F***ing shambolic, and what we have here is sh*te, from the keeper, across the back, and right through the middle. But still we amble on with them and they were sh*te last year as well.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #623: Oct 22, 2017 05:59:04 pm
      We had no luck and then bad luck got around. :)

Anybody here knowing a site with detailed stats, like not only shots on target, but their quality? We look pathetic on defense, but not much better on offense.

I also expect Migs to get axed by Klopp very soon.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Spurs 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion
      Reply #624: Oct 22, 2017 05:59:32 pm
      Liverpool 7 shots on target, Spurs 6.
      Liverpool 1 Spurs 4.

We gave all four goals away.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #625: Oct 22, 2017 06:01:06 pm
      That was the bleakest 90 minutes of football I've seen under Jürgen.

If he doesn't act decisively and ruthlessly from here on then he's not got long at this club. His tolerance of people like Mignolet, Lovren and Can for this long is, sadly, right at the heart of this result. And how have they repaid his blind faith in them? Like that.

Awful, awful, awful afternoon.

Come on Jürgen. Stand up!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #626: Oct 22, 2017 06:01:24 pm
      You want to turn on him, that's your choice.

You'd be wrong to but you've got some ammunition now so go right ahead and make your case.

I'll tell you now that he'll turn this around, top 4 will be tough this season but I still fancy us to get there. That, imo, was our toughest remaining away fixture but we need to cut out the individual mistakes and that is much harder than it sounds.

The difference is that Manure had a tough away fixture against us but got a draw, yes they played sh*t boring football but didn't get humiliated and give opponents a huge boost. Today was utter F***ing garbage from us, the lads will be demoralised, if they aren't then they don't give a sh*t, which is probably even more worrying.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #627: Oct 22, 2017 06:02:31 pm
      Time for the excuses to stop. All hugely paid blokes and it's time they had some very honest conversations there.

Think a few are becoming very cosy at Anfield. Mediocrity should not be tolerated and rewarded.

At the bigger clubs Klopp would have got the boot by now but we are not in any position to be sacking a name like his with not much chance of any better wanting to take this job on.

Listen we've dished out a few hidings to these so i'll take this on the chin. In general though we look poor.

As I've said time and again, the fatherly figure of Klopp is his own worst enemy. Players making mistakes week after week and not trying hard enough or not good enough kept their place week after week and everything is well forgotten what happened last week. So, there's no fear there for the players. This is the end result. Say, what we like about Benitez, he has this arm's length with the players and  he turned average players to above average players. I am beginning to doubt Klopp while the owners I have classified as a hopeless lot 5 years ago.

I would think only 3 players would survive from the Shankly's and Paisley's era :
      Mane
      Cou and
      Salah

Klopp is simply wasting time with average players.

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017 06:06:38 pm by redkop63 »
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #628: Oct 22, 2017 06:02:34 pm

After 4 transfer windows, consistently predictable tactics, persistent poor game management and being blind to the obvious.... i'll say 100%. Winning the next 10 games will not change my opinion... HE HAS FAILED (Unless success means keeping us in top 10)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #629: Oct 22, 2017 06:03:28 pm
      That was an absolute disgrace and basically, we learn once again (for the millionth time?) that we won't win a thing with that back four. Game after game they let us down. 5 goals at city. 4 at Spurs. If we get out of our CL group I fear we could be embarrassed more in Madrid or Barcelona.

Klopp has been here long enough to address our defence and he hasn't. I don't need hundreds of football qualifications to know that dejan lovren isn't good enough for liverpool fc. So why is he STILL playing week in, week out? He should have been sold years ago and somebody who actually is good enough should have been signed. I already disliked Lovren with a strong passion but after that shambolic display I never want to see him in a liverpool shirt ever again. If klopp does persist with him and we continue to lose games then he deserves the sack. He is a F***ing liability and a disgrace to tbe shirt.

He's not the only one though. It's time to be ruthless and strip Henderson of that armband. Drop him. When the going gets tough and you need your senior players, your leaders, to stand up and be counted where the F**k is that shithouse? When has he EVER grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck? I've had it with him as well. If we want to win trophies we need a better captain and a better midfielder than Jordan Henderson.

Why is mignolet still here? He has been here for 4/5 seasons now and has been our number 1 for all of that time. He is bottom half of the league standard. Look at all of the other keepers in the teams above us and then compare them to mignolet. It's laughable.

I could rant forever after that. It was abysmal. I'm fuming with 7/8 of them and I'm fuming with klopp. Salah, coutinho looked like they were having a go to be fair but the rest of them can F**k off after that.

Absolutely fuming. Embarsssed. Pissed off. Gutted. Upset. F***ing raging.

F***ing piss poor that. Too many shithouses in this club and I'm F***ing sick of it now.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #630: Oct 22, 2017 06:04:29 pm
      RIP Liverpool Football Club

West Brom, Watford, Newcastle are our rivals now.

No longer a big club nor a name people say with fear.

Everyone of us can see our weaknesses and so can other teams but Klopp and the rest do the same thing over and over again.

The season is over let's not pretend otherwise.
      jonny888
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      Reply #631: Oct 22, 2017 06:08:06 pm
      We are 9th.

We already have a negative GD.

Give me strength... :f_wah:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #632: Oct 22, 2017 06:08:21 pm
      Klopps master plan is to make us sh*t, jump to Arsenal to replace Wenger and finish 4th every season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #633: Oct 22, 2017 06:11:58 pm
      Been a big defender of migs in recent months  but seemed to revert back to the bag of nerves, lovren physically looked shot, not good that someone taking so many pills to play. Worse performance for ages under Jürgen, not sure if we can cope with more than 2 games a week.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #634: Oct 22, 2017 06:12:10 pm
      Lovren is finished - must be surely
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #635: Oct 22, 2017 06:13:00 pm
      If Mignolet, Lovren, Can and Henderson start against Huddersfield, I think it's time to question Klopp's sanity. Or at least his ambition for this club.
      They are only 1 point behind us as well. If they play with the desire and effort they did against the mancs, the above 4 named,

WILL NOT COPE !
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #636: Oct 22, 2017 06:13:22 pm
      Klopps master plan is to make us sh*t, jump to Arsenal to replace Wenger and finish 4th every season.

If we finish 4th for the next 2 seasons that will be progression on where we've been for the last 10 years.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #637: Oct 22, 2017 06:13:27 pm
      12 points off the top of the league after a quarter of the season only played is pretty F***ing grim.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #638: Oct 22, 2017 06:13:40 pm
      Lovren is finished - must be surely

Luckily after such a successful transfer window we can easily move him out and replace him with a good player.

Oh no, still Klavan.

bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #639: Oct 22, 2017 06:13:50 pm
      Listening to Klopps post match interview I think he has finally given up on Dejan...he was saying how if he was on the pitch in that situation he wouldn't be claiming for offside after a throw-in hoping that the linesman would make a wrong decision and that if it was him on the pitch Kane wouldn't have gone past him
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #640: Oct 22, 2017 06:14:41 pm
      RIP Liverpool Football Club

West Brom, Watford, Newcastle are our rivals now.

No longer a big club nor a name people say with fear.

Everyone of us can see our weaknesses and so can other teams but Klopp and the rest do the same thing over and over again.

The season is over let's not pretend otherwise.

Oh please don't start the season's over sh*t, it's october and unbelievably were are still a win or so off the top four, we were poor today but get a hold of yourself
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #641: Oct 22, 2017 06:16:58 pm
      The fact people on here seem genuinely surprised about how this season has gone is baffling.

This could not have been any more obvious!

Time and time again, window after window, there are excuses for the lack of quality players arriving.

Stop making excuses, stop burying your head in the sand, stop typing out formations with players for every position to show how 'strong' the squad is.

Demand better than this FSG approved, mediocre, on a shoe string, sh*te!
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #642: Oct 22, 2017 06:17:01 pm
      I’d start Ox next game, he deserves a solid run, he at least looks like he’s up for it when he comes on.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #643: Oct 22, 2017 06:17:09 pm
      After 4 transfer windows, consistently predictable tactics, persistent poor game management and being blind to the obvious.... i'll say 100%. Winning the next 10 games will not change my opinion... HE HAS FAILED (Unless success means keeping us in top 10)

We'd need better stats. Show me a stat of "big chances" per game (not equal to shots on target). It's possible we are just in a slump.

Quick Reply