Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Pre match : Liverpool v Huddersfield : Sat 28th October, 3pm

Read 15260 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Re: Pre match : Liverpool v Huddersfield : Sat 28th Nov, 3pm
      Reply #46: Oct 26, 2017 10:32:23 am
      3 points would be welcome relief - doubt it though - they’re manager looks pretty clued up. Our doesn’t at the moment

I ask again - what has happened to our explosive press/start of a game ?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #47: Oct 26, 2017 10:54:48 am
      Where has Woodburn been? Like to see him on the bench at least.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #48: Oct 26, 2017 10:56:03 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I've went for Ward and Gomez with Milner at RB. Also brought in Robbo - who everybody knows I think should be playing anyway. I'd also be challenging Bobby to actually play a more conventional position up top - almost went for Solanke but his touch is still a bit erratic.

When I look at the squad after the run we've had - we are shorter of first pick, first team options than I'd have said in August.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #49: Oct 26, 2017 11:43:25 am
      No way Lovren plays. If he does Klopp’s lost the plot.

I’d have Ward in goal too. But that’s just me.

Instead of Migs & Karius or as well?

Migs and Karius can play as part of our back four... last man back. :laugh:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #50: Oct 26, 2017 11:49:50 am
      Migs and Karius can play as part of our back four... last man back. :laugh:

When I was wee - we called that “any goalie”. A designated gk was just a “keeper” and a nominated defender who could pick it up was a “backie”.....
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #51: Oct 26, 2017 01:17:19 pm
      The team picks itself as far as Im concerned.

Mignolet doesn't get a look in. He's had dozens of chances and repeatedly lets us down. He should be finished here now. So who do we play, karius or ward? Most of us would like to see Ward get a go but as Jürgen was the one who signed Karius I think its time he gave HIS goalkeeper a long run in the team. If we see any shambolic displays like Bournemouth away last season then Ward will be itching to take his shirt.

Lovren is another one who should be finished here now too. I don't want to see him in a Liverpool shirt again. Im sick of his school boy like performances, always costing us points and quite simply just embarrassing us all the time. I have no trust in Klavan so that means Joe Gomez comes in at CB alongside Matip and Trent comes in at right back.

My preference would be to play Robertson at left back who I've always been impressed with in the few appearances he's made for us, but to be fair to alberto he has done very little wrong and deserves to keep his shirt for the time being. I have no trust in Moreno and I think it's only a matter of time until he fucks up in his usual dramatic ways - lets hope its not Saturday.

I've made no secret in that I don't rate our captain. His current form is dire and I hope Jürgen has the bottle to take him out. I like Milner but he can be a little bit sluggish and slow and I don't want to see him in the midfield either. So Can and Wijnaldum get the nod from me. The third spot goes to the Ox. He was appalling in his one and only start for us down at Leicester in the league cup but come on, he deserves a chance now, so play the man we desperately paid 40m for Jürgen in the position he wants to play in.

No surprises or changes with the front three.

Karius

TAA     Matip     Gomez    Moreno

Can   Wijnaldum

Ox
                       Salah                      Coutinho

Firmino

With captain shithouse out my team and our vice skipper out too, who do I give the armband too? Well, it would have been coutinho but as he played up and acted like a little bi*ch in the summer he doesn't deserve to skipper our team. So Trent gets the armband from me.

F***ing smash them reds and lets get back on track for fucks sake.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #52: Oct 26, 2017 02:10:52 pm

Mignolet doesn't get a look in. He's had dozens of chances and repeatedly lets us down. He should be finished here now. So who do we play, karius or ward? Most of us would like to see Ward get a go but as Jürgen was the one who signed Karius I think its time he gave HIS goalkeeper a long run in the team. If we see any shambolic displays like Bournemouth away last season then Ward will be itching to take his shirt.

Lovren is another one who should be finished here now too. I don't want to see him in a Liverpool shirt again. Im sick of his school boy like performances, always costing us points and quite simply just embarrassing us all the time. I have no trust in Klavan so that means Joe Gomez comes in at CB alongside Matip and Trent comes in at right back.

My preference would be to play Robertson at left back who I've always been impressed with in the few appearances he's made for us, but to be fair to alberto he has done very little wrong and deserves to keep his shirt for the time being. I have no trust in Moreno and I think it's only a matter of time until he fucks up in his usual dramatic ways - lets hope its not Saturday.

I've made no secret in that I don't rate our captain. His current form is dire and I hope Jürgen has the bottle to take him out. I like Milner but he can be a little bit sluggish and slow and I don't want to see him in the midfield either. So Can and Wijnaldum get the nod from me. The third spot goes to the Ox. He was appalling in his one and only start for us down at Leicester in the league cup but come on, he deserves a chance now, so play the man we desperately paid 40m for Jürgen in the position he wants to play in.

Karius

Can   Wijnaldum

Ox

Firmino

With captain shithouse out my team and our vice skipper out too, who do I give the armband too? Well, it would have been coutinho but as he played up and acted like a little bi*ch in the summer he doesn't deserve to skipper our team. So Trent gets the armband from me.

Karius
           Trent Gomez Matip Robertson
                Wijnaldom    Emre Can(c)
           Salah   Coutinho   Chamberlain
                         Brazilian Bob

Bench:  Ward, Klavan, Milner Grujic, Moreno, Solanke, Henderson

What's the worst that can happen huh ?

YNWA

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,169 posts | 1094 
      Reply #53: Oct 26, 2017 02:14:26 pm
      What are y'alls thoughts on us playing 3 in the back? To me it seems logical for 3 reasons.....

1. Our defense sucks haha
      2. Our Left and Right backs are good on the attack
      3. Dropping a MF'er from the starting 11 wouldn't be that hard for us IMO as none are lighting the world on fire.

Someone smarter than me (basically everyone haha) tell me why I am wrong
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #54: Oct 26, 2017 02:19:46 pm
      What are y'alls thoughts on us playing 3 in the back? To me it seems logical for 3 reasons.....

1. Our defense sucks haha
      2. Our Left and Right backs are good on the attack
      3. Dropping a MF'er from the starting 11 wouldn't be that hard for us IMO as none are lighting the world on fire.

Someone smarter than me (basically everyone haha) tell me why I am wrong

Three at the back seems to be common at the moment and its how Chelsea won the league last season.

It's not for me though. I've always thought the focus is more on defence rather than attack when you play three centre halves and our strengths are certainly in attack.

Klopp likes to press and to dominate play and this makes it more difficult having an extra centre half.

It also means giving a shirt to either Lovren or Klavan and both are a big no no for me!

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #55: Oct 26, 2017 02:44:19 pm

Karius

Can   Wijnaldum

Ox

Firmino

Agree 100000% with this.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Oct 26, 2017 03:25:47 pm

Karius

Can   Wijnaldum

Ox

Firmino

Agree except you can't give the armband to a youngster, would piss the teammates off, I'd give it to Matip for now until Mane is back.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,169 posts | 1094 
      Reply #57: Oct 26, 2017 04:22:20 pm

My lineup with 3 in the back. I actually like TAA and Moreno / Robo better in the attack than Can, Gini, Etc. so thats why I left the full backs in.
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2017 04:31:13 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #58: Oct 26, 2017 04:43:04 pm
      What I expect:

Migs
      Gomez, Matip, Klavan, Robertson
      Hendo, Gini, Ox
      Mo, Bobby, Phil

Edit: Bench is Karius, Lovren, Milner, Moreno, Can, Solanke, Sturridge.

We have 3 games in 7 days so this will be the match to give Robbo a run out (wish he'd make it permanent though). I don't think he'll drop Migs and he will use Karius midweek. I get all the calls for Ward but...I just don't see it.

He's been gearing up to use Ox as a #8 and this should be the match for it (and he has to drop Can, as well as Lovren). The front 3 here is the easy part.

Now if we do well Saturday, Wednesday's selection gets more interesting, but I'll save that bit for later.
      Somebody mentioned it and it is worth repeating, what should have been almost an afterthought on the fixture list has become an extremely important match. Come on boys!
      DanMann

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #59: Oct 26, 2017 07:21:15 pm
      Mignolet
      TAA Matip Lovren Moreno
      Henderson
      Milner Coutinho Chamberlain
      Salah
      Sturridge

1-4-1-3-1-1

;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #60: Oct 26, 2017 07:25:27 pm
      What I expect:

Migs
      Gomez, Matip, Klavan, Robertson
      Hendo, Gini, Ox
      Mo, Bobby, Phil

Edit: Bench is Karius, Lovren, Milner, Moreno, Can, Solanke, Sturridge.

We have 3 games in 7 days so this will be the match to give Robbo a run out (wish he'd make it permanent though). I don't think he'll drop Migs and he will use Karius midweek. I get all the calls for Ward but...I just don't see it.

He's been gearing up to use Ox as a #8 and this should be the match for it (and he has to drop Can, as well as Lovren). The front 3 here is the easy part.

Now if we do well Saturday, Wednesday's selection gets more interesting, but I'll save that bit for later.
      Somebody mentioned it and it is worth repeating, what should have been almost an afterthought on the fixture list has become an extremely important match. Come on boys!

As an old fart what is the difference when people refer to 6's and 8's, is this is footie manager thing ? It's been confusing me for a while now
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #61: Oct 26, 2017 07:41:08 pm
      As an old fart what is the difference when people refer to 6's and 8's, is this is footie manager thing ? It's been confusing me for a while now

Lovren wears number 6 but is a number 5, Hendo wears number 14 and most people think he's a number 6 although he often plays as a semi number 8.  Can is supposedly trying to play like a number 8 while wearing number 23.  Meanwhile our real number 8 is still in the airing cupboard, as nobody seems to want to put that on at the moment.  It's a pretty big shirt to fill, after all. 
      I understand Joe Allen was offered number 69 when he arrived under BR, but that was a role he was unwilling to fulfil.  There.  That should be perfectly clear now.
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2017 07:59:32 pm by TheleftpegofRayKennedy »
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #62: Oct 26, 2017 07:48:03 pm
      Our number 9 isn't really a number 9 either.  Except when he scores a couple, and then he's even better than a number nine.  Some would even describe him as a number 10.  One day he might go right up to 11.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #63: Oct 26, 2017 08:00:07 pm
      Our number 9 isn't really a number 9 either.  Except when he scores a couple, and then he's even better than a number nine.  Some would even describe him as a number 10.  One day he might go right up to 11.

Nah he was 11, eventually he’ll be in goals.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #64: Oct 26, 2017 08:20:04 pm
      Back to the topic, I dread to think what's going to happen if we lose.

We can't possibly contemplate that, can we?

Imagine the atmosphere at 40 minutes in, if we haven't found the net. 

This is going to be sh*t or bust and no mistake.  We seriously need a performance. 

Who'd accept a draw? 

On Anfield Wrap they were saying how Jürgen has carte blanche after Spuzz to tear up the squad and start afresh this game. 

He'd be a brave man NOT to, because if he keeps what little faith he has left with Dejan and co, and we LOSE or even draw, he's going to get slaughtered isn't he?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #65: Oct 26, 2017 08:24:05 pm
      Back to the topic, I dread to think what's going to happen if we lose.

We can't possibly contemplate that, can we?

Imagine the atmosphere at 40 minutes in, if we haven't found the net. 

This is going to be sh*t or bust and no mistake.  We seriously need a performance. 

Who'd accept a draw? 

On Anfield Wrap they were saying how Jürgen has carte blanche after Spuzz to tear up the squad and start afresh this game. 

He'd be a brave man NOT to, because if he keeps what little faith he has left with Dejan and co, and we LOSE or even draw, he's going to get slaughtered isn't he?

Jürgen has a precedent in dropping Karius last season fearing the fall out if he made another mistake against Middlesbrough away. It'll look strange and hypocritical if he doesn't apply that precedent with Lovren and Mignolet.
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1399 
      Reply #66: Oct 26, 2017 08:27:20 pm
      Tommy Smith was one of the first to wear a number that did not correspond to his position. Obviously this is from the time that players wore 1-11 numbers and every number indicated your position. Tommy started off wearing a No.4 shirt and played mostly alongside Ron Yeats but later on started wearing the No. 10 shirt, the number most scheming midfield players wore, yet Tommy still played in central defense. In later years he played full back.

It was very unusual in it's day, may have been started by Shankly in a bid to confuse teams in the European Cup.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #67: Oct 26, 2017 08:32:29 pm
      "Jürgen has a precedent in dropping Karius last season fearing the fall out if he made another mistake against Middlesbrough away. It'll look strange and hypocritical if he doesn't apply that precedent with Lovren and Mignolet." 
       - Frankly Mr Shankly.

Agreed, completely.

Most fans will be demanding a tactical rethink, as well as defensive/goalkeeping personnel changes.

Keeper wouldn't be my priority, though, as I don't have any more faith in Karius than Mignolet, and haven't seen enough of Ward to say he's any better. 

In some ways, as we've done well at home defensively against lower/mid table teams with the existing lot, he could argue that we should keep the same side (minus Milner for Gini)! 

Changes would be popular, but if he makes them and we don't win and win well, he gets flak for his lack of buys in the transfer window.

I wouldn't want to be JK at this moment.  This is where a top manager shows how big his cajones are.
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2017 08:38:29 pm by TheleftpegofRayKennedy »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #68: Oct 26, 2017 09:06:01 pm
      It's been a long time since we've had to talk about picking a team more on who doesn't deserve a start than who does and it throws out some food for thought.

What about Dom up front with Ox, Coutinho and Salah behind and Milner plus one of Can/Hendo alongside?

As for a back five... F**k knows 😕😂😂

A back 3 - Gomez, Can, Matip... plus  TAA & Robertson wing backs?

Quick Reply