Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match : Liverpool v Huddersfield : Sat 28th October, 3pm

Read 15003 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Re: Pre match : Liverpool v Huddersfield : Sat 28th Nov, 3pm
      Reply #23: Oct 25, 2017 07:24:35 pm
      Robertson to come in a LB to beef up the right side of defence (where Spuzz killed us / we committed defensive suicide.  And I'm not having it that Moreno is suddenly any good).

Solanke in to get on the end of Robertson's crosses. 

Lovren needs time off (whether to get fit or get lost remains to be seen).
      Matip and Gomez at CB and Milner RB to cope with their Mooy who is a danger on their inside left.

Midfield for me would be Hendo, Gini (he's at home), Woodburn, Coutinho and Salah.

I'll go in goal.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #24: Oct 25, 2017 07:28:25 pm
      Going to be interesting this one , deffo under a bit of pressure is our boss will he swing the axe or not ? Who F***ing knows, one thing I do know is I'll be F***ing livid if lovren & migs start   ,time to F**k the hugs off boss until some of these players earn it,because upto now there are a  few that have deserved nothing more than a F***ing boot up the arse and a smack around the head
      & this includes yourself.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #25: Oct 25, 2017 07:30:26 pm
      Start the U23's.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #26: Oct 25, 2017 07:32:24 pm
      Will be very interesting to see who Klopp will pick to play on Saturday,
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #27: Oct 25, 2017 08:19:04 pm
      Please please please no Migs in goal, just please, funny how a few weeks ago he was dropped and all over Sky Sports it was claimed Migs was dropped and he wanted talks etc, haha, one game and the muppet was back in.
      Would like to see a similar side to this.

Ward
      Milner         Gomez         Matip      Robertson

Woodburn     Gini       Hendo       

Coutinho           Solanke          Salah
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #28: Oct 25, 2017 08:34:17 pm
      Will be very interesting to see who Klopp will pick to play on Saturday,

Let's be real, the chances of both Lovren and Mignolet being dropped aren't great.

Ideally, I want Ward starting. Gomez, TAA too.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #29: Oct 25, 2017 08:34:27 pm
      Think this will be similar to the Burnley game at home this season but they'll have a little bit more of a reckless streak going forward.

We have to deal with the ball over the top and the second ball. I want to see a lot more of a stronger mental attitude from our defence.

Can't see Ward being picked but would be happy to see it. Lovren needs a long break, so can see Klavan coming in. The question is, will Matip get dropped as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see Can in a back three with Klavan and Gomez.

Massive. MASSIVE game, now. It really shouldn't be a key game in our season but it is. How we react to that Spurs defeat is going to be defining.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Re: Pre match : Liverpool v Huddersfield : Sat 28th October 3pm
      Reply #30: Oct 25, 2017 08:38:13 pm
      Time for Jürgen to make changes at the back. There is a touch of desperation now about our defensive options, but we've got to take the chance on Ward in goal, and then hope Klavan or Gomez will come good. Up front we need a goal scorer. Again, we are getting a bit desperate due to to our ( long ongoing) failure to sign a top striker, but we need to give Solanke a chance. So:

Ward

TAA  Matip Klavan Robertson

Salah   Hendo    Gini  Coutinho

Solanke  Firmino
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2017 11:17:21 am by JD, Reason: Game in October not November! ;) »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #31: Oct 25, 2017 09:45:58 pm
      No way Lovren plays. If he does Klopp’s lost the plot.

I’d have Ward in goal too. But that’s just me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #32: Oct 25, 2017 09:48:49 pm

I’d have Ward in goal too.

Instead of Migs & Karius or as well?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #33: Oct 25, 2017 09:56:59 pm
      Instead of Migs & Karius or as well?

Ward is probably better than having both of the other two in goal.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Oct 25, 2017 10:00:38 pm
                   Ward
      TAA   Gomez  Matip  Moreno
                Hendo Gini
      Salah  Coutinho Firmino
                 Solanke

Would give Ward a run, any time have seen Karius under pressure, looks as bad if not worse than Migs.
      TAA is attacking option for home game, might've gone for him at FB anyway.
      Moreno on the other side hasn't done a whole lot wrong, prone to lapses, but something must be going on with Robertson in private life.
      Hendo and Gini in middle. Can has looked sluggish recently, Milner is an option, tho getting caught for pace for 2nd last week was eye opener.
      Salah and Cou have to be in. Between AOC and Firmino on the other side. Tbh, I wouldn't pick either there if had other good option.
      Solanke surely deserves a start given we've tried the others there.

A lot of pressure under Jürgen not just for a result, but to change things up and still get one.
      Don't think wholesale changes would be a good thing, but need a few for sure.
      Not sure what morale is going to be like, with last weeks result, and one of the main guys - Dejan - getting publicly humiliated. Players will be feeling the pressure.
      Could be a really tense day. And if Hudderfield get one top, or even put us under pressure, would hope we don't crack. Job of the manager to send them out there will confidence, and a proper plan.  Hope crowd get behind the lads.

Should be interesting if nothing else.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35: Oct 25, 2017 10:09:52 pm
                   Ward
      TAA   Gomez  Matip  Moreno
                Hendo Gini
      Salah  Coutinho Firmino
                 Solanke

Would give Ward a run, any time have seen Karius under pressure, looks as bad if not worse than Migs.
      TAA is attacking option for home game, might've gone for him at FB anyway.
      Moreno on the other side hasn't done a whole lot wrong, prone to lapses, but something must be going on with Robertson in private life.
      Hendo and Gini in middle. Can has looked sluggish recently, Milner is an option, tho getting caught for pace for 2nd last week was eye opener.
      Salah and Cou have to be in. Between AOC and Firmino on the other side. Tbh, I wouldn't pick either there if had other good option.
      Solanke surely deserves a start given we've tried the others there.

A lot of pressure under Jürgen not just for a result, but to change things up and still get one.
      Don't think wholesale changes would be a good thing, but need a few for sure.
      Not sure what morale is going to be like, with last weeks result, and one of the main guys - Dejan - getting publicly humiliated. Players will be feeling the pressure.
      Could be a really tense day. And if Hudderfield get one top, or even put us under pressure, would hope we don't crack. Job of the manager to send them out there will confidence, and a proper plan.  Hope crowd get behind the lads.

Should be interesting if nothing else.

No one at this club is worse than Mignolet, period.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #36: Oct 25, 2017 10:23:39 pm
      Like most, do not know what to expect against Huddersfield on Saturday. Probably make hard work of what should be a winnable game. Quite frankly I feel half the side, are not fit to put on a Liverpool shirt ! Sorry to sound so negative atm.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #37: Oct 25, 2017 11:40:25 pm
      Sat 28th Oct, 3pm    ;D
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Oct 25, 2017 11:52:06 pm
      Mig

TAA
      Matip
      Lovren
      Robertson

Hendo
      Can
      Coutinho

Salah
      Solanke
      Sturridge

Can't see Klopp dropping Mig or Lovren. He should but he won't. He can't damage the player at this stage, he might leave it another game or two and then make the moves.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39: Oct 26, 2017 12:26:59 am
      You planning to fly Brewster in for this one from the WC although not sure he can play 2 games in a day  :D

I do like that you questioned Brewsters pick up front and not Klopp at CB. Pretty telling on our current situation
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40: Oct 26, 2017 12:48:03 am
      I'd like to see Solanke given a proper run out but this is probably more what we'll see.

NB: Team no longer available

Give me this though.

NB: Team no longer available
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #41: Oct 26, 2017 01:04:36 am
      What I'd go with:

Klavan over Gomez just because I'd rather not see Gomez and Trent on the same side of the defence without good enough cover in front of them. Klavan has played as our LCB and has done well in games we've generally dominated. He has also done well against tall, strong strikers. We're going to need that against Depoitre.

Don't think he'll start Chamberlain in midfield yet, but this is as good a game as any to put him out there. Willing runner, extra attacker in and around the box with plenty of pace to pull players out of position. He's the closest to Lallana that we've got, if he can do half the things Lallana is brilliant at, he'll be a hell of a lot more useful than the likes of Can and Milner in midfield.

Coutinho up front, I'd rather not see him dropping deep in midfield again, we need him close to goal.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #42: Oct 26, 2017 04:25:15 am
      IMHO. I think Karius is replacement for Missalot. Personally, I think Karius has got something about him and will do him a lot of good to get games under his belt with Missalot warming the bench. Something tells me he will come good if given a chance.

Ward for cup games.

BTW: We can always sell Missalot for £20m in January and we will throw in Lovren for free. ;)
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #43: Oct 26, 2017 06:11:56 am
      What I'd go with:

Klavan over Gomez just because I'd rather not see Gomez and Trent on the same side of the defence without good enough cover in front of them. Klavan has played as our LCB and has done well in games we've generally dominated. He has also done well against tall, strong strikers. We're going to need that against Depoitre.

Don't think he'll start Chamberlain in midfield yet, but this is as good a game as any to put him out there. Willing runner, extra attacker in and around the box with plenty of pace to pull players out of position. He's the closest to Lallana that we've got, if he can do half the things Lallana is brilliant at, he'll be a hell of a lot more useful than the likes of Can and Milner in midfield.

Coutinho up front, I'd rather not see him dropping deep in midfield again, we need him close to goal.
      Exactly what I thought mate, especially re Gomez, AOC and Coutinho.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #44: Oct 26, 2017 07:31:46 am
      This is one match we have got to win to restore confidence not only in the players but in the fans as well.We have witnessed enough sh*te this season and need to see a winning Liverpool show what they can do.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #45: Oct 26, 2017 09:57:09 am
      I've been struggling to find the motivation to drag myself out of bed for this one, 7am where I am.

Since the Spurs I've been thinking about what I'd do if I was Klopp, what are the likely and what are the ideal changes he can make.

Ideally I'd like to see Can, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Mignolet all dropped. But you can't reasonably expect that, so prioritizing I'd be looking for Mignolet bombed out for Ward at an absolute minimum, but I just don't think Klopp will do that. I can't see Klopp starting Gomez and TAA on the right side of our back four, so I have a horrible feeling it'll be Lovren again or Klavan. I don't even rate Matip at this stage but we have to play someone.

It would be nice to see some big changes made and a market put down, this is a turning point in what has been an abject start to the season. But you have to have sympathy with the series of difficult decisions Klopp has to make from here, it's all repairing and patching up on the fly.

But where you cannot have any sympathy is in the way Klopp got himself into this mess in the first place.

Probably not the sanest starting XI ever but F**k it;

Ward

Alexander-Arnold
      Gomez
      Matip
      Moreno

Henderson
      Can
      Coutinho

Oxlade-Chamberlain/Woodburn
      Firmino
      Salah