Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Huddersfield?

Simon Mignolet
      3 (3.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      2 (2.2%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      13 (14.1%)
      James Milner
      4 (4.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      7 (7.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      10 (10.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      32 (34.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      16 (17.4%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Nov 01, 2017 03:55:41 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Huddersfield Town: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27495 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Huddersfield
      Reply #391: Oct 28, 2017 04:53:10 pm
      Better 2nd half.
      Studge getting the crucial 1st goal, good finish.
      Good to get the 3 points.
      Did we learn much - not really.
      Still, a wins a win.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #392: Oct 28, 2017 04:53:15 pm
      Much better second half.

Need to kick on now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #393: Oct 28, 2017 04:53:39 pm
      Well I don't think Huddersfield had a shot at the goal, so fair play for Jürgen picking Lovren and Migs even though Lovren didn't start in interesting circumstances. You can't argue with that from a defensive display.

Overall I thought we did well, thought we weren't as bad in the first half as was being said but had a few passengers. Second half we definitely upped the tempo, but also a slice of luck which hasn't really been going our way all season. After missing a pen that could easily have gone to 0-0 and just felt 'typical' as it was the deflection to Sturridge was very kind and he finished it well.

Thought Bobby was our best player and was impressed with AOC when he came on too, much more like it.

Professional performance against the bus parkers, well in lads! Much needed clean sheet and 3 points to steady the ship.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #394: Oct 28, 2017 04:53:54 pm
      How great it feels to pick up 3 points again! A very comfortable win in the end. Great goals too.

There was a lot of talk before the game about Migs and Lovren. I stuck by my opinion that they should not be dropped. Some felt that Klopp had to get rid, but as I said, this is the perfect game to give them support. Klopp went ahead with that same decision, and many felt that he was wrong to do so. Lots of criticism. No surprises there.

Even though Lovren had to pull out because of his ongoing injury, it is obvious that we would have had the clean sheet regardless.

Then there was Sturridge in the starting line. "Unbelievable" they thought! Klopp gone mad!

As the game went on, it was clear to anyone who has watched him play that Sturridge was playing well. He showed desire. He was keen to get the ball. Fair enough, his touches were poor at times, but that was to be expected given his lack of game time and style of play.

2nd half, and Sturridge got his reward. A real quality goal.

I've said for a long while now that he needs to start games. Happy to see my words fulfilled again.

Firmino played well (crazy isn't it to see how he played when not the "striker"), and he and Salah interchanged really well with Danny across the attacking 3. He too was rewarded with a great goal.

Gini smashed his in!

Only criticism for Salah for his miss. Wasn't a great hit, and he shouldn't be taking that. But fair enough... we won!

Tactically, we needed to press harder and play faster. We did that in the 2nd half and got the goals because of that change.

Delighted with that! Well done lads!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #395: Oct 28, 2017 04:54:57 pm
      Good stuff.

Plenty of under-performers still.

A win's a win!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #396: Oct 28, 2017 04:56:00 pm
      Great to get a win again finally but still far from convincing. Huddersfield were awful and offered almost nothing going forward.

In the couple of times they did threaten Klavan did well and he should start ahead of Lovren in every game going forward this season.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #397: Oct 28, 2017 04:56:02 pm
      Another 3 points in the bag, not gonna complain  :)
      Get in!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Huddersfield Town: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #398: Oct 28, 2017 04:58:32 pm
      Well it’s a welcome 3 points in a game that was infinitely harder that the score line suggested… Klopp had words half time of that there can be no doubt. But had it not been for the misdirected header by Tommy Smith which felt to Sturridge in acres of space, who knows how this game would have panned out...

The game opened up after that… Sturridge did what Sturridge does although albeit so much less frequently…

The Ox did what the Ox does… Flatter to deceive… 

3 Goals and three points… I’ll take that… I am I happy…? No… Contented..? Yes

Let’s see how things turn out in the January window 
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #399: Oct 28, 2017 04:58:38 pm
      A win is a win, but please let Salah never ever do a penalty again, worst penalty I've seen for a long time. I didn't see most of the game in the 1st half: how many big chances - besides the penalty - did we have?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #400: Oct 28, 2017 04:58:53 pm
      Thank f**k for that.

Well done lads

You were due one  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #401: Oct 28, 2017 05:00:27 pm

I've said for a long while now that he needs to start games. Happy to see my words fulfilled again.

You weren't saying that against Newcastle were you.

You do like to pick and choose your moments to proclaim yourself as a prophet don't you?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #402: Oct 28, 2017 05:01:34 pm
      You weren't saying that against Newcastle were you.

You do like to pick and choose your moments to proclaim yourself as a prophet don't you?

Stop baiting mate.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I say it all the time. He's not going to score every game is he?

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #403: Oct 28, 2017 05:03:23 pm
      Firmino leading the MOTM. Sounds entirely justified.

Well in Bobby.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #404: Oct 28, 2017 05:03:31 pm
      There was a lot of talk before the game about Migs and Lovren. I stuck by my opinion that they should not be dropped. Some felt that Klopp had to get rid, but as I said, this is the perfect game to give them support. Klopp went ahead with that same decision, and many felt that he was wrong to do so. Lots of criticism. No surprises there.

Even though Lovren had to pull out because of his ongoing injury, it is obvious that we would have had the clean sheet regardless.

Even after we scored, they didn't bother to put our defense under any pressure at all.
      Jürgen decided not to change much at the back, which is a pity, would've been a good day to try something different.
      We learned nothing imho, don't think the result vindicates his decision, Hudderfield just proved to be a very limited side.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #405: Oct 28, 2017 05:03:54 pm
      thank F**k for that...was seriously worried at half time after the pen miss...

had to win. job done.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #406: Oct 28, 2017 05:04:01 pm
      Haha I think Simon Mignolet follows this forum since he has one vote on MOTM. :)

p.s. On the other side I didn't see most of the 1st half, so maybe....
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #407: Oct 28, 2017 05:04:44 pm
      Went for Gini MOTM. Decent preformance in the middle and super finish.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #408: Oct 28, 2017 05:08:39 pm
      Heard conspiracy theory that Lovren's 'injury' was made up just to protect him and Jürgen never actually planned to start him at all ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #409: Oct 28, 2017 05:08:48 pm
      Waiting for the it's only huddersfield brigade
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #410: Oct 28, 2017 05:11:49 pm
      p.s. On the other side I didn't see most of the 1st half, so maybe....

Definitely saw the best half then.

Front three were moving too much - was as if they had just been thrown together.  Really thought after that penalty save that their heads would go down - but fair play they came out and did the job second half.

I would have liked to have been nearer the top of the league but 4 points off 3rd is hardly Everton. 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #411: Oct 28, 2017 05:14:52 pm
      Get in!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #412: Oct 28, 2017 05:16:46 pm
      Ratings:

Mig: Had very little to do but still managed to look nervous and dodgy in his distribution. 6

Moreno: Did well, a few excellent crosses, recovered when needed but overall had little to do. 6.5

Klavan: Again, didn't have an awful lot to do, but what he had to do he did well enough. 6.5

Matip: Should have scored a couple but in defence did what he had to also, hard to score anything higher. 6.5

Gomez: Thought he looked good and composed, but much like his defensive partners didn't really have much pressure or attacking threat to contend with. 6.5

Henderson: Better, thought his passing was more incisive and he attempted to unlock their lines more often and with a bit more imagination. 7

Gini: Thought he played well and covered for our lads well. Looked a bit leaner and quicker across the ground too. Loved his goal, was easily the goal of the game and did fine when he was shifted to the left too. 7

Milner: Took some decent corners for a change but thought he was a passenger in the first half, didn't offer any real threat and looked lost as to what his role was. 6.5

Salah: Should score a couple of goals on today's display, obviously the pen but there were more chances which he should have done a touch better with. Was still a threat all the time and him & Bobby linked very well, it's a partnership that's really flourishing. 7

Bobby: Won the pen, scored a nice header and was constantly making space for his team-mates. His link up play and the way he injects the extra speed to our attack is something we really lack in midfield at the moment. 7.5 MotM

Sturridge: Scored the goal that unlocked the game so for that he deserves credit, didn't do much else though if we're honest. Thought he was by far our weakest link in the first half but justified his place with the goal. 6.5

AOC: Thought he looked good when he came on, offered a nice threat on the wing and seemed to choose the right passes this time. My stream stopped for when I think he should have slotted Solanke in?! Commentary continued but didn't see it, other than that though it was the best he's looked for us and he's starting to show some form now. 6

Klopp: Thought he got the team selection wrong, but interesting that Lovren was 'injured' in the warm-up, have to wonder how much by design or was it Lovren's mentality, who knows and doubt we'll actually find out. Overall we delivered a professional performance and another clean sheet at home, so can't argue with that, well in Jürgen. 7
      Kopite78
      Reply #413: Oct 28, 2017 05:18:18 pm
      A win is a win, but please let Salah never ever do a penalty again, worst penalty I've seen for a long time. I didn't see most of the game in the 1st half: how many big chances - besides the penalty - did we have?

Read a few people saying what the F**k is he taking them for, never let him take them again etc etc

This is the  lad who took and scored a brilliant penalty to get his country through to the world cup for the first time since 1990 in front of a pack stadium.

He's also out top scorer and been flying.

:confused-smiley-013:

Absolutely made up today lads, great bounce back from last week against a side full of confidence after beating Utd and with a manager who knows ours inside out

Well in lads

Quick Reply