Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The academy: How well is it really doing?

Read 8977 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Re: The academy: How well is it really doing?
      Reply #69: Jan 30, 2024 11:07:00 am
      I would like to think not much will change Billy, whoever comes in next(Xabi) will see the talents within and give the same opportunities as Jürgen has, we don’t have the funds to spend Willy nilly, this was the whole point of building the academy, so we can produce our own, and not always refer to the transfer window, of course we will always buy  players from other clubs etc, but if we can produce our own stars which we are doing already, I really can’t see it changing, or being any different !!

YNWA

I'd like to think so to mate but I just can't see it.

The demand for instant success is too great for a new manager to come in and trust a number of youngsters. I really hope I'm wrong as these youngsters have earned themselves a place in our squad.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #70: Jan 30, 2024 11:37:31 am
      I'd like to think so to mate but I just can't see it.

The demand for instant success is too great for a new manager to come in and trust a number of youngsters. I really hope I'm wrong as these youngsters have earned themselves a place in our squad.

See where you’re coming from mate , but it’s not as if there’s gonna be a mass exodus once Klopp clears his office out, so whoever is the new boss(Xabi) he will simply continue with the imperious work Alex Inglethorpe and his staff are doing,
      Of course the demands and expectations will never change no matter who takes over, it’s not like when old bacon face shat on the MUtants and basically left them high and dry, and are yet to recover from ??

YNWA

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,427 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #71: Feb 05, 2024 05:47:02 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,427 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #72: Feb 05, 2024 05:49:04 am
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #73: Feb 05, 2024 09:54:09 am
      I fear whoever replaces Jürgen, as with all new managers, will want to bring in, at least a couple of his own players. That's the norm, but it does push back the prospects of the youngsters who might otherwise have made the rise.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 804 posts | 155 
      Reply #74: Feb 12, 2024 03:51:39 pm
      Not heard of this kid until recently but seems to be making some noise around the academy. Looks like he can play right across the front 3 (AM instead of CF) and both wings. For a 17 year old this is incredibly impressive numbers, looks to have a wonder of a left foot on him.

https://twitter.com/risingballers_/status/1757032985335922845?s=46

Quick Reply