Read 21938 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Maribor
      Reply #115: Nov 01, 2017 08:37:48 pm
      Gents, not sure if everyone can get it, but BT Sport is showing the game for free. You may need a BT account but I don’t have a BT Sport subscription and am watching it via the website

I said this in the pre-game thread,

Freeview Ch 115 HD

Glad I'm not paying for the pleasure at the moment.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #116: Nov 01, 2017 08:37:50 pm
      Would love fabregas in our midfield
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #117: Nov 01, 2017 08:38:19 pm
      How anyone can single out the striker in this set-up as the problem amuses me greatly.

Our midfield has to impose themselves so much more, they're the ones that are given time on the ball and plenty of supply. What has any of them done so far, bloody nothing.

Trent has been the most creative force, after that then Salah and Firmino, basically ignoring our midfield, they're bloody useless so far. Can has made maybe one run forward into the box the whole game and almost all their work is being done in front of Maribor and they're happy with that. Not one of them are capable of truly beating a man, running around him yes, but beating him, not a chance. We miss Coutinho/Lallana so much in this set-up that we're left with little choice than to bring either Salah or Firmino back into midfield imo.

Dire from our 3 lads in the middle, absolutely dire.

Imagine how much Keita would improve this midfield. Absolutely useless this whole lot. Can't create, can't dribble, can't shoot.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4932 
      Reply #118: Nov 01, 2017 08:38:40 pm
      Pretty poor half of football that.

They've came for a 0-0 and our midfield three will hand it to them on a plate if we keep playing like this.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #119: Nov 01, 2017 08:39:07 pm
      Not able to watch, sounds like we have a lot of the ball, as per.
      Hopefully they grab a goal or two early in the 2nd and give some subs a decent run.

How's AOC doing?

Put in a few good crosses but tbh reminds me too much of Ibe whenever he dribbles.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #120: Nov 01, 2017 08:39:16 pm
      How anyone can single out the striker in this set-up as the problem amuses me greatly.

Our midfield has to impose themselves so much more, they're the ones that are given time on the ball and plenty of supply. What has any of them done so far, bloody nothing.

Trent has been the most creative force, after that then Salah and Firmino, basically ignoring our midfield, they're bloody useless so far. Can has made maybe one run forward into the box the whole game and almost all their work is being done in front of Maribor and they're happy with that. Not one of them are capable of truly beating a man, running around him yes, but beating him, not a chance. We miss Coutinho/Lallana so much in this set-up that we're left with little choice than to bring either Salah or Firmino back into midfield imo.

The caveat being that bringing on a striker happens at the same time as one of that midfield 3 is removed.

They've been uninspired in the first half.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #121: Nov 01, 2017 08:39:46 pm
      Not able to watch, sounds like we have a lot of the ball, as per.
      Hopefully they grab a goal or two early in the 2nd and give some subs a decent run.

How's AOC doing?

Ok, but nothing spectacular. He doesn't look like a 40m signing, fairly or not.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #122: Nov 01, 2017 08:40:02 pm
      Salah and ox need to pick the ball up and run, relying too much on the fullbacks to do the hard work.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #123: Nov 01, 2017 08:40:13 pm
      Bring on Grujic and Solanke.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #124: Nov 01, 2017 08:40:54 pm

Yep, someone like him would probably see our full backs looking to make runs beyond their defensive line. It's crazy to see the amount of space we have there, yet we are incapable of playing those balls :(
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #125: Nov 01, 2017 08:41:17 pm
      Klopp missed a good opportunity to change things up when Gigi got injured. The game is crying out for Studge and get Ox in the middle of the park where at least he can break some lines. As has been pointed out by everyone in this thread, our midfield three are completely unessessary, in truth you could switch all three and replace them with Studge, Solanki and another attacking player and still no worry about them scoring. Also, I'd be thinking about Robertson delivery from the left as an option.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #126: Nov 01, 2017 08:42:05 pm
      Imagine how much Keita would improve this midfield. Absolutely useless this whole lot. Can't create, can't dribble, can't shoot.

Agreed, will be a shock to the system for our lads to have such a creative threat from the engine room who also has bite, an engine and intelligence.

Will make a mockery of the "we need to talk about Henderson" thread imo, the excuses made for him in there and then watching this kind of performance from all of them in there would be final nails in coffins if I were Klopp.

Keita Lallana
                   Jorginho

Stick that as our midfield 3 and you'd see how hilarious it is to call out the striker in this kind of performance. We'd be walking this game with that midfield.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #127: Nov 01, 2017 08:42:35 pm

The only thing I noticed from Can was his complete f**k up of a press that pet Maribo in on an unlikely attack down their left wing.

Lost count of the number of times certain midfielders have just gone forward and missed te press at the wrong time and left us totally exposed this season.

It's a criminal midfield. Utterly criminal.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,023 posts | 529 
      Reply #128: Nov 01, 2017 08:43:08 pm
      They've closed all the spaces we exploited last game by playing that back 5.

Honestly don't get why Klopp didn't bring on Solanke / Sturridge when Wijnaldum had to go off injured. Drop Chamberlain deeper, he has the pace and quick passing to set up one two's and make runs into the box.

Have Firmino play likes he's doing now, but offer him someone to play off on top.

Been saying this for the last year and a half mate.
      I can't for the life of me figure out why Jürgen is so reluctant to play a striker against bus parkers. These are the games you need a predator in the box, if not 2. You don't need to worry about winning the midfield battle, cos there is no midfield battle. They are giving us all the ball, we need goal scorers in the box. Don't understand why Sturridge or Solanke didn't start.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #129: Nov 01, 2017 08:43:42 pm
      Put in a few good crosses but tbh reminds me too much of Ibe whenever he dribbles.

Now that you mention it, they're not too dissimilar (on recent AOC form)
      Apart from the 25million in value :)
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #130: Nov 01, 2017 08:44:09 pm

Don't think people are really singling out the striker mate. Firmino and Salah constantly have to drop deep because the as you say, complete lack of creativity in the middle.

Putting in Sturridge / Solanke would allow us to get some more creativity in the middle (Chamberlain or Firmino) and adding someone for Firmino / Salah / Chamberlain to actually set up some combination play with. Right now the middle is empty because we have no runners for Firmino and Salah to play the ball to.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #131: Nov 01, 2017 08:44:39 pm

Would love Coutinho & Lallana in our midfield.
      DanMann

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #132: Nov 01, 2017 08:44:51 pm
      Firmino has been class. MOTM for him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #133: Nov 01, 2017 08:45:37 pm
      Don't think people are really singling out the striker mate. Firmino and Salah constantly have to drop deep because the as you say, complete lack of creativity in the middle.

Putting in Sturridge / Solanke would allow us to get some more creativity in the middle (Chamberlain or Firmino) and adding someone for Firmino / Salah / Chamberlain to actually set up some combination play with. Right now the middle is empty because we have no runners for Firmino and Salah to play the ball to.

Totally agree Danzel, Bobby needs to be dropped into midfield, not because he's failing as the striker but because he has absolutely no supply when we have something like 90% of the possession.

It's unreal.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #134: Nov 01, 2017 08:46:27 pm
      Agreed, will be a shock to the system for our lads to have such a creative threat from the engine room who also has bite, an engine and intelligence.

Will make a mockery of the "we need to talk about Henderson" thread imo, the excuses made for him in there and then watching this kind of performance from all of them in there would be final nails in coffins if I were Klopp.

Keita Lallana
                   Jorginho

Stick that as our midfield 3 and you'd see how hilarious it is to call out the striker in this kind of performance. We'd be walking this game with that midfield.

But we still would not have a striker Luke when is it going to sink in. Does it not register with you or are you that blinkered you cannot see it ?
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #135: Nov 01, 2017 08:47:27 pm
      Why not drop firmino back into midfield and put Sturridge on, surely we don’t need 3 holding midfielders against this lot
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #136: Nov 01, 2017 08:48:19 pm
      But we still would not have a striker Luke when is it going to sink in. Does it not register with you or are you that blinkered you cannot see it ?

No I'm not so blinkered I cannot see, what chances have been created by our midfield that he should have put away. You want to tell me he hasn't made the runs and the passes weren't on and I'll tell you to go and watch the game again.

A striker can't score without supply and when the bus is parked it's the most difficult task to be the striker because you have so little space. Those with the time and space should have the spotlight on them and at the moment they're melting under the glare of it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #137: Nov 01, 2017 08:48:37 pm
      Salah, Moreno and Can off - Solanke, Sturridge and Andy ['musta murdered his ma'] Robertson on.

Robertson & Ox to provide width and crosses for two centre forwards. Or... Or... just bore the fuckers to death. 😂😂

Quick Reply