Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Lovren voted Player of the Month for October - thoughts?

Read 4556 times
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Re: Lovren voted Player of the Month for October - thoughts?
      Reply #23: Nov 03, 2017 01:09:31 pm

Though admittedly I think it's more a PR stunt from the club because I don't believe any of these public votes are ever voted for and instead just get given to somebody by the organisers - same as those telly talent shows.

It does seem convenient that Lovren and Salah both ended up with 33% and shared it; allowing the real player of the month to win it as well as Lovren after the abuse.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24: Nov 03, 2017 01:20:08 pm
      It doesn't bother me in the slightest, really. I'd guess the majority of votes could be from a younger generation? Do many people have the time to sift through all the adverts and stuff on the official site to spend time voting on these things? Maybe that's just me.

The fundamental issue here is that it comes off as very patronising towards Lovren himself. The fact we're talking about a player of the month award in this fashion means it's not for the right reasons - for being boss.

Lovren has had a hard time lately, yes. But to publicly patronise him, won't do his pride or ego any good.

Mistake, for me.

Summed up how I feel about this.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25: Nov 03, 2017 04:51:20 pm
      As Ian Brown once said:

Stop the world i'm getting off.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #26: Nov 03, 2017 05:55:40 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #27: Nov 03, 2017 06:03:28 pm
      It’s an embarrassment if you ask me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Nov 03, 2017 06:17:47 pm
      This is embarrassing, it’s nearly up there with the public apology.

He got some sh*t on social media, which loads of players get so he gets an award as a result?

Bit disrespectful to Salah too IMO. Even the likes of Moreno who have genuinely played well and upped their game compared to a player that was hooked after 30mins because he was playing that badly on top of the already abysmal season he has been having.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Nov 03, 2017 06:18:59 pm
      Politically correct bullshit, i mean ffs the fella has been f***in gash most of this season...so what are we rewarding failure now ?

Look that f***in mindless tw*t that sent the death threats, who is he ? where is he? shouldn't the authorities name and shame the kunt ?
      No one deserves that sort of abuse not even our worst enemy,
      It is only a game after all !

This is complete wishy washy PR bollocks, seen to be doing the right thing crap, Well F**k that sh*t, doing the right thing is looking after our old folk, our squaddies, our sick kids etc etc ,

Not our overpaid egotistical prima donnas who sometimes can't pull their fingers out of their Arse-Licked holes,

'PLAYER OF THE MONTH'

MY ARSE !!

Think they forgot the word WORSE in front ?

YNWA
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 516 
      Reply #30: Nov 03, 2017 06:44:03 pm
      I don't have a problem with it. Everybody knows it's not because of his performances. Just a way of showing a bit of solidarity with the player. I wouldn't like to see it becoming a habit ( hopefully we won't have dickheads making death threats on a monthly basis), but as a one off I actually think its ok. Shows all the players our fans can see them as people as well as just players. Fine with me.
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #31: Nov 03, 2017 07:24:00 pm
      I don't have a problem with it. Everybody knows it's not because of his performances. Just a way of showing a bit of solidarity with the player. I wouldn't like to see it becoming a habit ( hopefully we won't have dickheads making death threats on a monthly basis), but as a one off I actually think its ok. Shows all the players our fans can see them as people as well as just players. Fine with me.

Honestly, I’m sure Lovren knows that the vast majority of fans support him over this.

But to given him a sympathy award is a bit F***ing embarrassing. If I was him I’d feel dead awkward even receiving it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #32: Nov 03, 2017 07:24:17 pm
      Simply devalues the award !!!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 516 
      Reply #33: Nov 03, 2017 07:50:31 pm
      Honestly, I’m sure Lovren knows that the vast majority of fans support him over this.

But to given him a sympathy award is a bit f**king embarrassing. If I was him I’d feel dead awkward even receiving it.

Hmm, possibly.

He'll probably hold it above his head and do a lap of honour.

The main thing is it's not a new contract  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #34: Nov 03, 2017 08:05:22 pm
      Just want him gone. I would honestly rather play F***ing Sturridge at centre back.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Nov 03, 2017 08:27:45 pm
      Too many big girls blouses about these days. Politically correct, nambi pambis winging about every F***ing thing.
      Usually at local school sports day the winner etc got a medal, but that was done away with so that everyone could get medals, sure aren't they all winners! Eh, no actually, not if this was a F***ing race!!!!!!

Anyway, obviously nobody condones the comments posted to Lovren. But there will always be a percentage online that are unhinged, that's the way it is. A lot of people in the public eye have to deal with threats, stalkers etc. sh*t, no doubt.

But this player of the month thing is laughable. Though am sure Dejan will appreciate the sentiment, it's also embarrassing for him, and now there's this new debate going on about whether he should be getting it bla bla...

And it devalues the hell out of the award.
      Same sh*t when people talk about retiring shirts.
      Man. Grow up!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #36: Nov 03, 2017 11:27:21 pm
      If I was Lovren I wouldn't want this phony, politically correct and illegal award (tampering with votes). Shows just how this club is run, Disney fairy tale crap.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #37: Nov 04, 2017 12:59:41 am

Sums up my attitude as well. The lad is probably on a downer and we shouldn't kick a guy when he's down. Fair enough he has struggled of late and on the whole hasn't been a great success here. He's had a fair enough crack at it, many doubted him, whether he gets in again will depend on his attitude in training, and other factors but his days here are surely numbered.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Nov 04, 2017 01:03:54 am
      The lad is probably on a downer and we shouldn't kick a guy when he's down.

But giving him an award out of pity is doing just that IMO.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #39: Nov 04, 2017 08:57:14 am
      Dejan will know that he has been dung so I don't get how anyone could believe that patronising him will help.

Weird and F***ing daft in equal measures.  🙄
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #40: Nov 04, 2017 09:10:39 am
      PC gone mad as usual.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #41: Nov 04, 2017 11:31:12 am
      I'm shocked and sad.

Rather giving this award lightly, a better option should have been a banner in the stadium to support him and leave this award to those who really deserve it.

Now, it is PR nightmare.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #42: Nov 04, 2017 12:11:06 pm
      Think the award is a bit over the top, but so too is the response in the comments here.

Accept it as acknowledgement to his part in the team and move on. We've not exactly had a stand out player in the past month anyway. No-one has lost out, so looking ahead to November now.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #43: Nov 04, 2017 12:39:39 pm
      Think the award is a bit over the top, but so too is the response in the comments here.

Accept it as acknowledgement to his part in the team and move on. We've not exactly had a stand out player in the past month anyway. No-one has lost out, so looking ahead to November now.

This isn't a junior school sports match were they let the girls win by bending the rules though, these are people getting paid more in a week than many make in multiple of years. To be competitive and win silverware we can't have a terrible childlike attitude like this floating around the club.
      Also, it means no one can take player of the month voting as real anymore. May seen minor but it's embaressing to Lovren anyway.

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #44: Nov 04, 2017 12:56:14 pm

He'll probably hold it above his head and do a lap of honour.

If he does, he'll probably drop it.

p.s. regarding Evra being banned by Marseille, a great example of the sh*t hitting the fan.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #45: Nov 04, 2017 01:02:00 pm
      If he does, he'll probably drop it.

You do know Migs didn't win the award, right?

Quick Reply