Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v West Ham

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.2%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (7.1%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      10 (11.9%)
      Mo Salah
      56 (66.7%)
      Sadio Mané
      4 (4.8%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Nov 05, 2017 07:32:10 pm

West Ham 1:4 Liverpool. In game & post match discussion.

Read 22232 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: West Ham 1:4 Liverpool. In game & post match discussion.
      Reply #483: Nov 05, 2017 07:38:51 am
      That was the result we all wanted so well done to Jürgen and the lads.WE looked like we wanted to win from the kick off and that was good enough for me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,914 posts | 4981 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #484: Nov 05, 2017 08:11:05 am
      Excellent performance from the lads, stand outs being Bobby, Mo, Sadio & Joel,sounds like a boy band 😉, thought the Ox had his best game for us so far, thought the balance was superb and you could see we worked like a team,
      It was almost machine like, we were more solid at the back and that helped with the flow of the game, apart from their spell in the second half i didn't feel threatened at all,
      So 4-4-2, have we finally found a way of playing that gives us a more  solid footing while we can still attack at will ?
      Possibly, but this was West Ham with a skeleton defence and not a side with top class defender's used to playing in a well drilled system,
      But it is food for thought and perhaps in time and being worked on at Melwood it could be the answer,

Ratings;

Captain Migs...5 ...being generous here ?
      Gomez...6
      Matip.....8
      Klavan...6
      Moreno..7
      Gini........7
      Emre......7
      Ox..........8
      Mane.....8
      Salah.....9
      Bobby....9
      Subs....not on long enough but....
      Milner.....5
      Lovren....5
      Solanke..4

Chuffed to F**k with that win, 3 on the bounce, and  just when we pick up some momentum....another international f***in  break.....AArrrrghhh!!!! Does my f***in napper in, but fear ye not, i feel this is our turning point, Mane is back, Lallana on the periphery, Salah on fire, Bobby in comfort zone, Ox settling in nicely,  Coutinho pulling the strings(hopefully) , can & Gini showing consistency, looking better defensively (fingers crossed)

Not forgetting the CL knock out rounds, to have us at full strength would be massive for us,

Jan window on the horizon, could we see Naby come in early with one or two others,?

I got that feel good factor back, i dunno but after this past week i feel we've got rid of the shackles a bit and our luck is changing, ....Mane back early....Gini's not really injured, Lallana training again, Hendo didn't play, Ox settling.....Lovren player of the month....and Migs as skipper 😉

Its all coming together nicely my Red brethren.....we just need to go on a charge now and we'll be fine !!

Edit;   Ox..he..settling  welding us together
                  Geddit ?

I'll fetch ma coat 😀

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #485: Nov 05, 2017 10:59:49 am

What me saying it was a great result, yes very negative!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #486: Nov 05, 2017 11:49:19 am
      We apparently are sh*te. Defensively woeful, and its only our attacking force which makes us look half decent. Spuds on the other hand, Tremendous team, lighting up the pre, brilliant defence, superb midfield and a devastating attack. 

1 point ahead of us, with a game in hand. FFS You'd think they had the prem wrapped up already, with us in the relegation zone.

We've had a poor few matches, but are now on the move with players coming back from injuries. How would spuds manage with three of their top players out ? We will reign them in i'm sure, then see what crap the pundits come up with.
      Good result yesterday, not great, Hammers did create a few chances to be fair, but we are on the mend. Things will change over the next 4 weeks, and xmas period will be good for us this year.

We are back in it my friends, be closer to some after todays games as well. C.O.Y.M. RED MEN !
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #487: Nov 05, 2017 12:14:17 pm
      Good win, and quite recently (up to last season) we had struggled to get results against them.

Mane makes a difference, and have we seen a switch to 4-4-2 that will stay, or was it a one off? Interesting that Klopp said it was meant as a defensive strategy but looked to be fairly positive.

Was away at a football comp over the weekend and was sharing an apartment with a teammate who is a hammers fan.  He was expecting the worst and was not disappointed.  We were all surprised on the way home this arvo that Bilic is still in a job.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #488: Nov 05, 2017 02:14:12 pm
      Can't wait to see Lallana play with Salah and Mane.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #489: Nov 05, 2017 02:59:50 pm
      Played well all round with the exception of Migs who had 2 back passes and fu**ed both up the sooner we get shut the better
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #490: Nov 05, 2017 03:53:38 pm
      Played well all round with the exception of Migs who had 2 back passes and fu**ed both up the sooner we get shut the better

We are stuck with him - we better get used to it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #491: Nov 05, 2017 05:34:31 pm
      We are stuck with him - we better get used to it

In that case we will never ever win anything because Migs is a walking talking cluster F**k of a goalie.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #492: Nov 05, 2017 07:32:09 pm
      Can is a lot more positive than Henderson and the evidence is clearly there to see

This. Agree completely. If Can has to leave in January or end of season, I hope we get a proper DM.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #493: Nov 05, 2017 07:34:28 pm
      In that case we will never ever win anything because Migs is a walking talking cluster f**k of a goalie.

We won yesterday.  :f_whistle:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #494: Nov 05, 2017 09:18:29 pm
      Can is a lot more positive than Henderson and the evidence is clearly there to see

He is, but distribution still sucks.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #495: Nov 05, 2017 09:45:43 pm
      He is, but distribution still sucks.

Yeah but at least he actually tries to pass the ball forward and get us moving.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #496: Nov 05, 2017 10:28:59 pm
      We play so much better when Jordon Henderson not in team I still believe we ever what win league Henderson should be just squad player
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #497: Nov 05, 2017 11:50:30 pm
      Despite Jürgen saying the last three games were difficult games, for me personally, I think we've been blessed with three fixtures on the bounce against three sh*t teams and we have taken full advantage of that.
      The most important thing those nine points will do is install some lost belief back in to the dressing room because lets face it, the mood around here after the Tottenham game was dire F***ing straights..

We allowed West Ham back in to this game and when they scored I was going F***ing mad.
      We were letting them look good and they were utter sh*te !
      World class turn,run and timed lay off from Bobby Firmino for Chamberlains goal which was the killer blow in Bilic's managerial career..Ta'ra Slavan !
      Couldn't F***ing believe Danny Murphy on MOTD saying that Moyes will get them out of trouble if he steps in :lmao: Dickhead!

Much more balanced in midfield... I wonder why? :f_tongueincheek:

Had the luxury of rotating the four of them upfront once we went 3-1 up so it was nice on the eye to watch that second half was.
      Mane playing through the middle, Chamberlain on both wings, Firmino everywhere and our right winger popping up on the left wing to make it look easy with the forth...nice!

The usual mind numbingly boring international break is upon us.. Let's just hope our lads can stay fit n healthy..

3 points to us and Man U got beat...I've had a lovely weekend.. :celebrate:

Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #498: Nov 06, 2017 10:13:17 am
      That was clearly a very attacking line up for an away game. Could it be that Klopp has decided to go with AAA+ plan for the rest of the campaign on the basis that we simply can't rely on the defense. I said before we might as well go AAA+ as we can't defend and we have no choice but to attack whatever is put in front of us.

n.b. AAA+ = Attack,Attack,Attack..
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #499: Nov 06, 2017 10:24:18 am
      Nice display that. I thought Bobby was excellent in that, slightly, deeper role but was just shaded to MotM by Mo who's in top, top form.

As stringer said; those last three fixtures have been just what we needed, when we needed it. Happy days. 😊
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #500: Nov 06, 2017 10:29:30 am
      We play so much better when Jordon Henderson not in team I still believe we ever what win league Henderson should be just squad player

But Klopp is hardly likely to leave Hendo out and play the Ox in a regular 4-2-4 line up. Had West Ham been on blob our 2 man midfield could of been overrun. Hendo was out for a good few games last season but I don't know the stats in terms of win %, goals etc.

I'd like us to stick to a 4-2-4 and play a high tempo attacking game. We are obviously a front foot team and in our case attacking is the best form of defense. Whether Hendo gets in and Can/Wijnaldum misses out remains to be seen.

We have a formidable attacking squad, a genuine top goal scorer could give us the chance to attack our way to the title.£100m for Coutinho could be the answer.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #501: Nov 06, 2017 10:54:27 am
      Nice display that. I thought Bobby was excellent in that, slightly, deeper role but was just shaded to MotM by Mo who's in top, top form.

As stringer said; those last three fixtures have been just what we needed, when we needed it. Happy days. 😊

Funny thing I noticed again on Saturday.

When we didn’t score (really) early the team didn’t start to look tense. They kept playing and I always felt like the goal was coming......

Is that just down to the way we set up - let the opposition have a bit more of the ball?

Is it that there’s less expectation away from Anfield?

Is it something and nothing?

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #502: Nov 06, 2017 11:27:35 am
      When we didn’t score (really) early the team didn’t start to look tense. They kept playing and I always felt like the goal was coming......

Is that just down to the way we set up - let the opposition have a bit more of the ball?

Is it that there’s less expectation away from Anfield?

I think those two wins against Huddersfield and Maribor probably taught the players a lot about having patience within a game.  That was a good lesson, or a good reminder for them.

Season's looking a lot more positive than it was 8 or 9 days ago.  Mane's come back and Oxlade-Chamberlain is starting to look like a genuine option in midfield.  I'm a bit more optimistic now than I was when the transfer window shut.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #503: Nov 06, 2017 12:53:48 pm
      I think those two wins against Huddersfield and Maribor probably taught the players a lot about having patience within a game.  That was a good lesson, or a good reminder for them.

Season's looking a lot more positive than it was 8 or 9 days ago.  Mane's come back and Oxlade-Chamberlain is starting to look like a genuine option in midfield.  I'm a bit more optimistic now than I was when the transfer window shut.

I think AOC is actually a very good player and always admired him when he played for Arsenal (same for Theo but apparently he is happy to sit on the bench). AOC will be a very good player once he understands the Liverpool way of playing and will be really really good next season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #504: Nov 07, 2017 04:11:42 am

Totally agree.
      The change I have seen towards one of patience on the field...less heavy and more soft metal football if you will, has been frustrating at first but now, to me shows a different and more progressive approach.
      A plan B
      Once we get a few more regulars back and we hopefully continue with this solid base of form, then hopefully we have something to move towards.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #505: Nov 07, 2017 09:56:09 am
      More importantly, we remain focus in the remaining games heading towards Xmas and don't bother too much on what happens to the top 4 teams. If we can win a few more games from now and  into the Xmas period, we'll be nearer to the top and I'm sure the top 4 will falter at some point of time.

Quick Reply