Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lallana Back

Read 6210 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Lallana Back
      Reply #23: Nov 08, 2017 04:35:37 pm
      Going to be a very instrumental player to the remaining season, Adam will help unlock teams much easier by making & creating more chances for our trident MFS..

Made up to see him back & much missed.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #24: Nov 08, 2017 07:14:09 pm
      Adam is a big player for Liverpool he could possibly be the difference between CL football and the Europa Cup IMO 
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #25: Nov 08, 2017 08:05:06 pm

Mane           Firmino            Salah

Coutinho         Lallana

Can/Henderson

(Other players watching the magic happen)

Yeah. This is the line up JĆ¼rgen has been waiting for all season ( I think/hope).

Pundits keep saying we are "electrifying" going forward. That is really a hangover from the first half of last season. This season we have been decent going forward, with spells of being really good, but that's it. Get that lot on the field together, though, and we have a chance of actually being electrifying.

The main thing then will be for the "other players watching the magic happen" not to fall into a trance.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #26: Nov 08, 2017 08:53:40 pm
      I was just browsing through our pre-season games and looking at when we had all five of them available. We never had all five of them on the pitch together. It's a very, very small sample of games of course (3 or 4, which include the Bayern and Atletico game).

The closest we came to fielding all five was against Bayern, where we set up differently compared to our usual starting formation. Lallana was on the bench for that one and later came on for Mane. I actually doubt that we'll see the five of them together in a starting line-up very often. Only in games at home against teams like Huddersfield who have no intention whatsoever of attacking, then we'll likely need them all to unlock the defences. I can't see him do it away from home for example, where we've been pretty poor defensively.

Against the bigger / better teams, in high tempo games where we need our pressing, this is our strongest starting eleven for me:

Firmino, Salah, Mane and Henderson are nailed on starters for Klopp I think (for me too). That leaves the #8 spots for Wijnaldum, Lallana and Coutinho. The midfield trio of Wijnaldum - Henderson - Lallana bossed (big) teams on a regular basis last season. That's a very balanced team, all three of them can cover large distances during a game, they press well, they're good both defensively and offensively. Coutinho, in my opinion, isn't suited to that midfield #8 role (in our 4-3-3) in a high tempo game where our pressing in midfield is vital. He's the best out of the three offensively, but he offers little defensively in comparison to the other two, something we need from our #8's in our usual 4-3-3. A midfield of Coutinho - Henderson - Lallana just doesn't look very balanced to me.

There were a couple of times towards the end of last season when coutinho was pushed into the middle (which is his best position in my opinion). I thought coutinho would play in the 10 role and lallana in the 8 but klopp had it the other way round and he was right to do so.

I can't see both Lallana and Coutinho in our line-up without Mane, Salah or Firmino missing out. When we played Coutinho in a more central role (indeed Coutinho wide in the diamond and Lallana as #10 as you say), we always had both Wijnaldum and Can in the line-up too to make up for his lack of defensive qualities. So if we have both Henderson and Wijnaldum (who have always been starters when fit, Can always missed out then) on the pitch, who is our 3rd midfielder, or when playing a diamond, which of the wide players misses out?

Then we're not even talking about Chamberlain who seems to be adapting reasonably well. Klopp will have some right headaches after the international break. Don't think we've ever had so many quality options in the front 4 / 5 to choose from! All of them are able to play in different formations too, so it's likely that we'll see quite a few different set-ups I think.

It's like the whole Wijnaldum thing; he does so much of the dirty work that Lucas used to do, but he does it further up the pitch.
      People just don't see it.

I honestly don't get it when I see someone writing / questioning what it is exactly that Wijnaldum offers or what he does on the pitch. Other than injuries / the very odd game of rest, he has started almost every single game under Klopp. It's funny how everyone watches games differently and come out with completely different conclusions after watching the same game.

I for example thought Wijnaldum had a great game against West-Ham. That of course disappears into nothing when you see Salah's / Mane's performances and their assists / goals.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2017 09:26:27 pm by Danzel »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Nov 08, 2017 10:31:30 pm
      -----------Hendo
      Lallana------------Coutinho

That's our best midfield.

Man.... imagine keeping hold of Coutinho and replacing Hendo with Keita there.....
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #28: Nov 08, 2017 11:12:42 pm
      Donā€™t know exactly where heā€™ll fit in but when heā€™s back up to speed he walks into the team for me.

Crucial player.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29: Nov 09, 2017 12:06:18 am

I honestly don't get it when I see someone writing / questioning what it is exactly that Wijnaldum offers or what he does on the pitch. Other than injuries / the very odd game of rest, he has started almost every single game under Klopp. It's funny how everyone watches games differently and come out with completely different conclusions after watching the same game.

I for example thought Wijnaldum had a great game against West-Ham. That of course disappears into nothing when you see Salah's / Mane's performances and their assists / goals.

Wijnaldum has been good all season IMO.
      It's not always apparent when watching the match live, what with so much going on, but he does so much good work.
      It's not always about winning the ball or a spectacular shot, a lot of the time it's about "grunt work"; doing the ugly stuff, cutting down passing lanes and angles and basically being a bloody nuisance.

He does a lot of the same things Lallana does, but obviously Lallana is a better goalscorer.

Personally, I think our midfield 3 is criminally underrated.
      We have pace, power, passing, and we can impose ourselves on the opposition.
      What's missing at the moment is defensive discipline, and I mean that from the forwards back; as Klopp says, we make too many individual errors.
      To be fair, Klopp plays complex systems, and hasn't got all the players in place that he wants.

Having said that, being able to start with Lallana, Wijnaldum, Coutinho (at a pinch) or Can in front of Henderson, and having the luxury of replacing good players with another good player will stand us in good stead this season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #30: Nov 09, 2017 04:05:45 am
      When fit, Adam is one of the first names on the team sheet.
      He is an incredibly important player for us...in fact, I would make him captain.
      A midfield three of lallana, coutinho and a proper bloody defensive midfielder is what I think we need.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31: Nov 09, 2017 07:22:58 am
      Man.... imagine keeping hold of Coutinho and replacing Hendo with Keita there.....

Would have to be rivalling any midfield in the league. Can't wait to have Keita around
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 09, 2017 09:21:05 am
      When Lallana returns he should walk straight into the team if fit, I can only imagine Can or Henderson being sacrificed. I'd like to see it being Henderson who gets benched because he strikes me as a utility player quality, but he's been chosen to be captain for some reason, so it's hard to drop him, especially when Can is probably going to leave on a free. I'm wondering how Ox and Lallana will link up though. I'd like to see that. Imagine this   :f_doh:

Salah     Firmino     Mane

Coutinho       
                                      Lallana
                                 Ox

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2017 09:38:57 am by JackSparrow »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Nov 09, 2017 09:22:23 am
      Phil, Adam and Jordan in the middle.

Simples. And I can't wait 🍆💦
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34: Nov 09, 2017 09:56:24 am
      Phil, Adam and Jordan in the middle.

Simples. And I can't wait 🍆💦

What they can do with the humble Aubergine nowadays down under is truly extraordinary..... 
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #35: Nov 09, 2017 12:09:36 pm
      Lallana, Coutinho and Hendo in midfield, sounds good, but Hendo is not a proper DM in my opinion. I'd prefer Can.

With Keita, it would be an infernal midfield!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36: Nov 09, 2017 12:16:16 pm
      What they can do with the humble Aubergine nowadays down under is truly extraordinary..... 

Pierre-emerick Aubergine ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #37: Nov 09, 2017 12:51:13 pm

I still have the video of Michael Owen calling him ā€œOh baggy manā€ when we played ā€˜em last year.

My 14yr old and I watch it whenever we want cheering up.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Nov 09, 2017 03:27:13 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbV_Q2sfIpg This is what I watch at those times.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39: Nov 09, 2017 04:13:38 pm

Quality. I particularly like the bit when they greet the Realtors in clan outfits ā€œhello fuckersā€
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #40: Nov 09, 2017 04:55:40 pm
      When fit, Adam is one of the first names on the team sheet.
      He is an incredibly important player for us...

That was one transfer in that was worth the money.
      There  were'nt many but he was one .

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Nov 09, 2017 11:09:00 pm

It's called an eggplant, you weirdo Europeans.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #42: Nov 09, 2017 11:44:10 pm
      Hopefully he will be back to his peak by the Christmas period.

On present 'stats' you'd have to think Coutinho might be the one with most to fear in terms of a starting place. And yes I am being serious.

As it is, with so many games coming up, there will be injuries/rotation.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #43: Nov 10, 2017 02:31:36 am

It's called an eggplant, you weirdo Europeans.

brinjal plant

:roll: :roll: :roll:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #44: Nov 10, 2017 02:48:47 am
      Quality. I particularly like the bit when they greet the Realtors in clan outfits ā€œhello fuckersā€

The song John Reilly sings at the dinner table...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Nov 10, 2017 02:51:35 am
      Hopefully he will be back to his peak by the Christmas period.

On present 'stats' you'd have to think Coutinho might be the one with most to fear in terms of a starting place. And yes I am being serious.

As it is, with so many games coming up, there will be injuries/rotation.

True enough about rotation, but I have also thought that Adam and Phil basically fit in the same role (not saying they are the same player). But I also am not convinced Keita will be used as a #6 or holding mid when he arrives, so some interesting decisions upcoming.

Quick Reply