Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q.  Javier Mascherano to come back?

Yes.
      12 (35.3%)
      No.
      22 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)

Read 14896 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Nov 10, 2017 01:27:24 pm
      I hear he might be back!

come home javier! ;D
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2017 09:48:49 am by JD »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #1: Nov 10, 2017 02:51:05 pm
      Holy Resurrected Thread, Batman!

Not happening.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2: Nov 10, 2017 03:21:16 pm
      I hear he might be back!

come home Javier! ;D

On my knees people on my knees.

In my estimation the best DM in the world .  He sat in front of the back four and broke everything up.

In my book a legend that we should never have let go ...... but that could have been said about a few players at the time.

This better not be a slow news week  :roll:

Source of information .....  ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3: Nov 10, 2017 03:34:24 pm
      At the age of 33 playing in a Klopp system, I doubt he has the legs anymore to play DM in the EPL.

Would he come over to be a squad player, not sure.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4: Nov 10, 2017 03:46:58 pm

In my estimation the best DM in the world .  He sat in front of the back four and broke everything up.

In my book a legend that we should never have let go ...... but that could have been said about a few players at the time.

We "let him go"?

He forced a move by threatening to go on strike!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #5: Nov 10, 2017 04:05:01 pm
      Mascherano is too old. No way Klopp wants him. I'd not mind a trade Coutinho <-> 100 Mio. ā‚¬ plus Suarez. No idea if Suarez could actually help us though.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Nov 10, 2017 04:15:34 pm
      No thank you fu**ed us of in his prime, in shity way, he can do one
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: Nov 10, 2017 04:52:22 pm
      This is transfer talk, should have been a new topic in this board:

Topics have been split, and poll added for fun.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #8: Nov 10, 2017 04:53:14 pm

I share yer sentiments Skip but this ship sailed long ago, his legs are gone too, I'd prefer if we brought in a younger Mascherano about 10 yrs his junior with the same football brain aka Julien Weigl, he can play in midfield as well as the DM role,

I think your getting soft in yer old age mate, unlike you to get all sentimental about a former player, 😉,

....Keep sucking on the Werther's mate 😁

YNWA
      Kopite78
      Reply #9: Nov 10, 2017 08:12:56 pm
      Nah.

Very good  player for us in his / just before his prime. But at 33? When he hasn't played at DM for years? Also didn't like how he went about getting out of the club

Still got very fond memories of him but not for me
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #10: Nov 10, 2017 09:25:26 pm
      Been playing defense for Barca recently and would make a better option than Lovren and Klavan... and would not need to run so much as would be less involved in the press...Still he would have to be apart of a multiple CB signing... Lovren and Klavan out. Mascherano,Tarkowski, and VVD
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11: Nov 10, 2017 10:26:15 pm
      Been playing defense for Barca recently and would make a better option than Lovren and Klavan... and would not need to run so much as would be less involved in the press...Still he would have to be apart of a multiple CB signing... Lovren and Klavan out. Mascherano,Tarkowski, and VVD

recently?

Try for the last 6-7 years, he's been playing CB.
      He's also a short arse and would get eaten alive at set pieces in the Prem.
       :roll:
      Clueless.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12: Nov 10, 2017 10:28:23 pm
      Nah.

Very good  player for us in his / just before his prime. But at 33? When he hasn't played at DM for years? Also didn't like how he went about getting out of the club

Still got very fond memories of him but not for me

Pretty much where I'm at with this.

It's about time people started remembering how some players sh*t on the club, and stop F***ing pining for them.
      F**k 'em, they wanted out, and I'm fu**ed if they should come back to milk us for a last big pay cheque.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #13: Nov 10, 2017 11:46:34 pm
      recently?

Try for the last 6-7 years, he's been playing CB.
      He's also a short arse and would get eaten alive at set pieces in the Prem.
       :roll:
      Clueless.
      Shoo!!! Fly
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14: Nov 11, 2017 12:04:28 am

I share yer sentiments Skip but this ship sailed long ago, his legs are gone too, I'd prefer if we brought in a younger Mascherano about 10 yrs his junior with the same football brain aka Julien Weigl, he can play in midfield as well as the DM role,

I think your getting soft in yer old age mate, unlike you to get all sentimental about a former player, 😉,

....Keep sucking on the Werther's mate 😁

YNWA

Yer probably right Billy mate .    Living in the past .  Still  was a great player that we missed out on his prime.

You couldn't be nearer the truth .

Going all Hollywood in a week or two with new gnashers mate. ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Nov 11, 2017 12:51:58 am
      We binned off Gerrard at around Masch' age, what makes people think the owners would bring someone of that age in?...
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #16: Nov 11, 2017 03:52:31 am

Lionel Messi
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lionel-messi-fears-javier-mascherano-13878044
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #17: Nov 11, 2017 02:52:49 pm
      Tim Cahill 1.78m tall (5 ft 8inches)
      Michael Owen 1.73m tall (5ft 6&3/4inches)
      Gianfranco Zola 1.68m tall (5ft 5 inches)
       Juninho 1.68m tall (5ft 5inches)

What do all these player have in commonā€¦? They were all short and good in the air against much larger defenders could name a few moreā€¦And yes they sometime out jumped them with the aid of a run up, but they also did it from a standing jumpā€¦

Mascherano is 1.74m tall (5ft 7inches)

But rather than hurling insult about and saying that other contributors are clueless maybe some people should ask themselves why Barcelona, with all their money, and the reputation of being a top club and a top destination for players all around the world, why they stuck with, and persevered Javier Mascherano all those years at CB, when they could afford nearly any player they wish, and that those same players queuing up around the block for a chance to wear the Barcelona strip 

As stated before he would for me have to be a part of bringing in new centre backs...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #18: Nov 11, 2017 03:24:30 pm
      PSG are apparently interested in Javi as well:

https://talksport.com/football/paris-saint-germain-eyeing-barcelonas-javier-mascherano-171110261603

Another ''clueless'' observer''?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #19: Nov 11, 2017 03:38:37 pm
      Tim Cahill 1.78m tall (5 ft 8inches)
      Michael Owen 1.73m tall (5ft 6&3/4inches)
      Gianfranco Zola 1.68m tall (5ft 5 inches)
       Juninho 1.68m tall (5ft 5inches)

What do all these player have in commonā€¦? They were all short and good in the air against much larger defenders could name a few moreā€¦And yes they sometime out jumped them with the aid of a run up, but they also did it from a standing jumpā€¦

Mascherano is 1.74m tall (5ft 7inches)

But rather than hurling insult about and saying that other contributors are clueless maybe some people should ask themselves why Barcelona, with all their money, and the reputation of being a top club and a top destination for players all around the world, why they stuck with, and persevered Javier Mascherano all those years at CB, when they could afford nearly any player they wish, and that those same players queuing up around the block for a chance to wear the Barcelona strip 

As stated before he would for me have to be a part of bringing in new centre backs...

Not a single one of those players was good in the air from a standing jump.
      Not one.
      They were opportunistic predators who happened to have the knack of nipping in front of a defender, and finding space in the box.

You didn't even know Masch played at CB for Barca all those years, but now you're trying to give it billy big bollocks having looked up short arse players and Masch on wiki.

It really is hilarious.

Look, if you don't know something, just say so; plenty of people who know football will be glad to help, but this constantly trying to be "controversial" and making silly claims about players just shows your lack of knowledge.
      Or maybe you just like trolling and trying to get a rise.

Have you actually seen Barca play?
      Have you seen how hard they work to avoid giving away corners and set pieces?
      Have you seen how well they keep the ball high up the field?
      Masch plays CB because of his pace, and ability to cut out a pass, not because he's "good in the air", because he isn't.
      It's that simple.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #20: Nov 11, 2017 06:28:59 pm
      Not one.

They were opportunistic predators who happened to have the knack of nipping in front of a defender, and finding space in the box.

You didn't even know Masch played at CB for Barca all those years, but now you're trying to give it billy big bollocks having looked up short arse players and Masch on wiki.

It really is hilarious.

Look, if you don't know something, just say so; plenty of people who know football will be glad to help, but this constantly trying to be "controversial" and making silly claims about players just shows your lack of knowledge.

Masch plays CB because of his pace, and ability to cut out a pass, not because he's "good in the air", because he isn't.
      It's that simple.

How often in a game are u heading from a standing jump?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21: Nov 11, 2017 06:38:30 pm
      How often in a game are u heading from a standing jump?

I wasn't the one saying those players are good from a standing jump.
      I was in fact, saying that what the other fella said about standing jumps was bollocks.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #22: Nov 11, 2017 09:02:41 pm
      Not one.

Tim Cahill scored many a goal that way

;D what are you implying... that a defender would not enploy the same tactics while defending, that they would remain stationary  while defending...? Remember Defenders often have a run at the ball the same way attackers do

You can't help yourself can you....Hurling insults, Trying to pretend your knowledge is far superior to everyone else ...May i remind you I was not the one claiming Klopp had Sturridge bulk up to protect him from injury
      It really is hilarious.

Trolling ;D... Remind everyone; and remember they,(if they wish to do so) can look it up... Who is it who seeks me out and tries to bait me...?

As a rule I tend to ignore you... 

Many a time

But I believe the reason they work so hard not to give away corners it that if you give another team a corner,or aset piece then no matter how good your team are at defending there is always a possibility they will score

Beside that been the way that Barca has played for many a year,Maybe If they have the ball in their opponents half they (a) control the game and (b) there is less chance of their opponents scoring...

I thought that even you would understand that

It's that simple.

Well as i stated before Barca seem to still rate him If not they have the money and pulling power to replace him

Quick Reply