Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q.  Javier Mascherano to come back?

Yes.
      12 (35.3%)
      No.
      22 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)

Read 14892 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #23: Nov 11, 2017 09:14:03 pm
      How often in a game are u heading from a standing jump?

Point that I was making to him was that you see players of all heights winning and losing headers some from standing jumps and some from running jumps... Defending corners and set pieces are more about marking and reading/anticipating the flight of the ball something that mascherano has done his whole career
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2017 10:31:44 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #24: Nov 11, 2017 10:02:14 pm
      I’d 100% take him back. He’s the kind of player that could keep going until he was 37/8.

Quality.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25: Nov 11, 2017 10:33:10 pm
      Tim Cahill scored many a goal that way

;D what are you implying... that a defender would not enploy the same tactics while defending, that they would remain stationary  while defending...? Remember Defenders often have a run at the ball the same way attackers do

You can't help yourself can you....Hurling insults, Trying to pretend your knowledge is far superior to everyone else ...May i remind you I was not the one claiming Klopp had Sturridge bulk up to protect him from injury
      It really is hilarious.

Trolling ;D... Remind everyone; and remember they,(if they wish to do so) can look it up... Who is it who seeks me out and tries to bait me...?

As a rule I tend to ignore you... 
      Many a time

But I believe the reason they work so hard not to give away corners it that if you give another team a corner,or aset piece then no matter how good your team are at defending there is always a possibility they will score

Beside that been the way that Barca has played for many a year,Maybe If they have the ball in their opponents half they (a) control the game and (b) there is less chance of their opponents scoring...

I thought that even you would understand that

Well as i stated before Barca seem to still rate him If not they have the money and pulling power to replace him

What a load of sh*t.

Fact is, you got it wrong yet again and are trying to cover it up yet again by giving it billy big bollocks to try and deflect from yet another basic error.

It's really very tiresome, the way you try to be controversial when you go fishing for pluses, and it's also pretty funny that this is your reaction every time you get something basic wrong.

And btw, Cahill didn't score "many a goal" from a standing jump.
      His M.O. at which he was pretty good, was a late run and/or nipping in front of the defender.

Utterly, utterly clueless, but tries to give it large after reading a bit of wiki.  :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26: Nov 11, 2017 10:49:16 pm
      This is good in the air, his head is maybe 9/10 feet from the ground when he meets this cross.

This is also good in the air (one of the best IMO, even if he was a dirty c**t and a blue)

Top photo, top player

Here's an example of a player who was more brave than actually good in the air

One of the best I've seen in the air

Here's Masch in one of the few photos of him "competing" in the air.
      Ronaldo is 8 inches taller (thereabouts) but is a good 18 inches higher

Fact; Masch would get F***ing mullered playing CB in the prem.
      He's a fine player with many good qualities, but despite what some clueless cockwombles would have us believe, aerial ability is not one of the qualities he has.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27: Nov 12, 2017 12:22:09 am
      What a load of sh*t.

Fact is, you got it wrong yet again and are trying to cover it up yet again by giving it billy big bollocks to try and deflect from yet another basic error.

It's really very tiresome, the way you try to be controversial when you go fishing for pluses, and it's also pretty funny that this is your reaction every time you get something basic wrong.

And btw, Cahill didn't score "many a goal" from a standing jump.
      His M.O. at which he was pretty good, was a late run and/or nipping in front of the defender.

Utterly, utterly clueless, but tries to give it large after reading a bit of wiki.  :lmao:

There It Is... The old "the way you try to be controversial when you go fishing for pluses"

You seem to be obsessed with pluses

And as for the whole "and it's also pretty funny that this is your reaction every time you get something basic wrong." thing, you remind me of a bloke called Kelvin... He is never wrong about anything.... and it seems neither are you... wasted to much time with you. If you want to take that as you winning the argument feel free and give yourself a pat on the back..Me i am happy to let you believe that as I don't need to look like a winner in front of anyone I am happy in my own skin...You can believe what you wish and I will too...
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28: Nov 12, 2017 12:29:36 am
      There It Is... The old "the way you try to be controversial when you go fishing for pluses"

You seem to be obsessed with pluses

And as for the whole "and it's also pretty funny that this is your reaction every time you get something basic wrong." thing, you remind me of a bloke called Kelvin... He is never wrong about anything.... and it seems neither are you... wasted to much time with you. If you want to take that as you winning the argument feel free and give yourself a pat on the back..Me i am happy to let you believe that as I don't need to look like a winner in front of anyone I am happy in my own skin...You can believe what you wish and I will too...
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

OK precious, I know you want a "safe place" where the big bad man won't question your bullshit, and you can hide behind "it's my opinion", but you're doing yourself no favours here.

How many of the players above could you name straight away.
      One?

Look, if you want to talk about football, rather than do the internet thing and give it billy big bollocks without being able to back it up, I'm happy to help.

I can go through the club history, what things mean, old players, old managers, whatever you want.
      Others can go through chants and terrace banter better than I can, and I'm sure they'd be happy to help as well.

It's your choice.
      Learn about the club, players, managers, lore, tradition and all the rest.
      Or continue with what you're doing.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: Dec 24, 2017 11:11:18 am
      I'd have him back for even one season.  Would teach a few people what a real destroyer is all about.

All is forgiven.

(Another Werthers Billy)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #30: Dec 24, 2017 11:13:03 am
      I won't have him back not because of past actions but because he is pasted his best.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #31: Dec 24, 2017 11:13:12 am
      I'd have him back for even one season.  Would teach a few people what a real destroyer is all about.

All is forgiven.

Even to play 20 games - his very presence would be an education to the kids........
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #32: Dec 24, 2017 11:27:27 am
      Even to play 20 games - his very presence would be an education to the kids........

I disagree totally. He lost everything, just his mind is left. He won't cope with the pace of the Premier league.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #33: Dec 24, 2017 11:30:47 am
      I disagree totally. He lost everything, just his mind is left. He won't cope with the pace of the Premier league.

Fair enough Clint.....opinions and all that ;)

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #34: Dec 24, 2017 11:32:32 am
      Fair enough Clint.....opinions and all that ;)

If we but 2 CB plus him, I would be happy to have him to back-up our players but as a first-teamer.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35: Dec 24, 2017 12:03:29 pm
      Going to china anyway
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Dec 25, 2017 08:55:55 am

All is forgiven.

(Another Werthers Billy)

Dunno mate, I'm thinking that ship has sailed , I'd rather we get someone younger who'll give us a few years service, i like Weigl he'd be ideal, fits in with the philosophy , probably have to overspend to get him but when you add a VVD a top class keeper, Keita who's imminent, Lemar (possible) and a striker (PEA) not ruling that one out either, then it will most definitely be worth it.

Keeping suckin the Werthers bud 🤣

YNWA
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #37: Dec 25, 2017 10:06:32 pm

At least he'll get to claim he's a giant of the game out there.

Quick Reply