Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Southampton?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.1%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (1%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      76 (77.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (6.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: Nov 22, 2017 04:58:22 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19816 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Nov 19, 2017 02:41:11 am
      What a showing!

Unreal from everyone! Defence sound, midfield dominant and forwards clinical. Salah is looking like a pharaoh from Egypt, what a man, what a player. GET IN!

Here, if you're saying anything negative, go w*nk yourself off and cry yourself to sleep you F***ing loser.

BUZZING! 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #254: Nov 19, 2017 08:07:34 am
      Match of the Day - 61st minute Liverpool V Southampton highlights.

http://big4.tv/match-of-the-day-2018-week-12-one/
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #255: Nov 19, 2017 09:04:45 am
      Any links to highlights? Missed the game.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #256: Nov 19, 2017 09:28:38 am
      Very good all round performance, and another great display from Mo.  Looked very balanced today I thought, and was more comfortable than I had expected.

Don't quite understand the negativity around Hendo - I thought he was excellent, a performance summed up when he covered for TAA after he had been done easily near the end of the first half.  He is beginning to remind me a bit of Whelan after he moved into the middle, and I do think he is important to the way we play.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Southampton
      Reply #257: Nov 19, 2017 10:05:50 am
      3 Points

7 Points in the Prediction League

What a great Birthday present from the Reds.

Get the f**k in!!!
      Happy Birthday mate
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #258: Nov 19, 2017 10:34:43 am
      Did not see the match, It rarely happens. Had to make do with the sanitized version on match of the Day, so had to stay clear of the scores until then...Was expecting the same old thing with Southampton, them being hard to break down, Liverpool huffing and puffing only to be denied time after time...

Wow!!! from what I witnessed and bare in mind this was match of the day coverage we where running a mock, not only creating changes but working their as well as their defence keeper and converting those chances to boot... we looked  a completely different team to the one which played Southampton last season. Mo Salah has changed us completely. We now have another top quality player with speed that can score almost at will...

The thing I hated and at the same time admired about the Man Utd teams of the late 90's early 2000's was that they were made up of 5-7 quality players that could score goals regular from open play... Made them almost impossible to defend against.

With Salah, Mane, Firmino, and Coutinho we are getting there, and although we many lose Coutinho, hopefully we can replace him with one or two top quality players that can keep us heading in that same direction...

If we keep playing like this it will be hard to keep us out of the top four
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #259: Nov 19, 2017 10:35:07 am
      it's difficult to top Bobby. He's on form right now.
      Totally agree buddy. He is relishing the supporting role and it shows in my opinion.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #260: Nov 19, 2017 10:49:07 am
      I'm happy enough for He do to simply give the ball to someone better In a red shirt like most decent DMs
      Therein lies the rub; doesn't it? I mean; the hater's gonna hate but it gets all a bit too blatant.

Our defence plays poorly and Henderson gets the rap [post after post and thread after thread] for not giving the defensive cover.

We win three F***ing nil, Henderson dictates, wins tackles, headers and covers the defence, keeping the ball and... he is picked on for not doing the work our attacking [the clue is in the word] midielders are doing anyhow.

Wise the F**k up you sad, sad, little men. 😂😂
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #261: Nov 19, 2017 01:28:08 pm
      Loving these routine 3-0 victories. Fair play to the team and manager they have responded to the Tottenham defeat very well. Massive test next weekend can’t wait
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #262: Nov 19, 2017 02:37:30 pm
      We are back in the mix after the debarcle at Spurs. 10-1 since then in the league, next Chelsea then Stoke,Brighton,Everton,West Brom , Bournemouth.

Got to take the 15 points from the last 5 of the next 6, anything from the Chelsea game will be an add on. Stumble against any of the last 5 of the next 6 and we'll still be bungling along 5-7th.

Easy game against Soton doesn't prove all that much, the Chelsea game will be a tough nut. We have Seville in between, so 2 tough games to get thru then on to the also-rans, the Evertons of this world.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #263: Nov 19, 2017 08:07:18 pm
      Lets take one game at a time and  see how far it takes us towards the end of the 1st half of the season. There will be teams above us dropping points between now and end of the year and we make sure we collect maximum points. The games coming up are winnable egames and we make sure that we prepare ourselves properly where a lot of hard work needs to be done to get those points.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #264: Nov 19, 2017 08:17:36 pm
      Honestly thought Southampton would've given us a busier game..don't think Mignolet had a save to make in the whole 90 minutes..but that stupid f**king Cruyff trick he played on Shaun Long in the first half could've ended up in the back of the net! Dickhead!
      Thought every player in a Red shirt put a really good shift in and kept believing.
      That belief has come from the growing confidence we've picked up from the winning run we are on and long may it continue.

I love the way our front three mix it up across the front line swopping positions with each other at random.
      It looks easy but it takes hard work and practice to get that right and it's a nightmare to defend against.
      Brilliant as it is to watch, it only happens once we've gone a goal up but once we do and Salah,Mane and Bobby play like they do we are capable of beating anyone!

Thought Chamberlain played well when he came on in contrast to Can who just fouls, moans and keeps his brylcreem smooth ;D

Didn't think much of Van Dyke's performance... did you?.. he just strolled around and never broke sweat really..or is that a good thing?..In fairness they never got a decent corner/free kick which allowed him to attack the ball in the air.
      Thought Lovrens tackle on him was a yellow all day long...Knobhead!

So, off to sunny Spain on Tuesday where I expect us to get at least a point then Chelsea at Anfield..Bring it on!

:scarf:

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #265: Nov 19, 2017 11:36:54 pm
      Football over family?

He's missed a crucial moment by choice. I was there for the birth of each of my children.
      What’s that supposed to mean.
      If that was your choice, we’ll done.
      Does it make you a better person than him ? Not particularly, especially as you are clearly not privy to his relationship with his wife/partner.
      Why do people become so condescending when someone lives their life differently to them ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #266: Nov 20, 2017 12:47:43 am
      Fancy blokes on the internet telling someone how to be a parent.

He chose to play, played well and he has a new born healthy son. I bet he and his family are pretty F***ing chuffed.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #267: Nov 20, 2017 01:18:47 am
      Fancy blokes on the internet telling someone how to be a parent.

He chose to play, played well and he has a new born healthy son. I bet he and his family are pretty f**king chuffed.

Parental hubris is the F***ing worst.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #268: Nov 20, 2017 02:03:47 am
      A very important three points against what I thought was a very poor Southampton side. They posed no threat and once we went 1-0 up we relaxed and could have scored more than 3 in truth. We played the game in second gear but that's all we needed because they were so poor.

Mignolet - I don't remember him having to make a save but he needs to F**k off doing all these cruyff turns. Sooner or later he's not going to pull it off and he will get tackled, concede a goal and embarrass us in the process possibly costing us a game. Just pack it in.

Trent - the very few bits of football Southampton tried to play they targeted young Trent, especially in the first half. Apart from one or two minor mistakes he handled it well. He isn't shy of getting forward and joined in our attack well too. Good game.

Lovren - I want to see the back of dejan lovren but I must admit, he was pretty solid yesterday. He didn't have a great amount to deal with but the bits he did he did so well. He was first to every ball yesterday.

Klavan - same as lovren. The pair of them did very little wrong.

Moreno - I'm starting to worry now because I'm beginning to like the lad. How can this be? I was so certain he wasn't good enough for liverpool but I can't remember the last time he put a foot wrong now. He has matured so much. His decision making is far, far better. He isn't rash or reckless any more and his football has come on leaps and bounds too, his delivery and passing is a lot better. Something in the back of my mind says it won't last (sorry Alberto) but if he carries on this form then our search for a decent left back will finally be over. Keep it up mate.

Henderson - I've spoken about him several times on this forum. I don't like the lad as a player. I don't rate him. However, he does a lot better with a footballer alongside him I.e coutinho. Coutinho takes over the creativity side of things so Henderson can sit back and focus on the donkey work which is the thing he's best at. He did ok yesterday, was a typical Henderson performance. 

Wijnaldum - I think a lot of the time his contribution goes unnoticed by many of our supporters but he was a bit of a ghost for me yesterday. Hardly remember him being involved. The thing with wijnaldum though is, he keeps the ball ticking much better than either hendo or can.

Coutinho - showed once again why we have to play him in the middle. He is just wasted out wide. Made a great assist for salahs second and scored the winning goal for us too. Dictated the game throughout and Southampton couldn't get the ball off him.

Salah - motm. Scored a great goal to open the scoring at a time when we were just beginning to huff and puff a little bit and then he took his second brilliantly too. His goal record has been phenonemal but the weird thing is I think he can improve a lot on his final ball/finishing too! That's quite frightening really. He's already top drawer but I still think there's room for improvement too! Very exciting player on our books, he's currently our best player. Signing of the season by far.

Firmino - a typical firmino performance. Worked his socks off and was involved in everything. It must be a dream for his team mates having him alongside them.

Mane - one or two glimpses of his usual self but he was fairly quiet by his standards in truth - only because he is so explosive most of the time.

To summarise, we beat a poor side comfortably. It was an important win and at times we played some really good stuff too despite not really moving out of second gear.

Against Chelsea I think we need to up the tempo a bit but we are more than capable of doing so.

Well done reds.

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #269: Nov 20, 2017 08:19:33 am
      Don't know if you saw that, but its disgrace really:
      https://twitter.com/lfchughm/status/932278011243704323

JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #270: Nov 20, 2017 09:18:29 am
      how does he know the reason they were thrown out? Did the police give him a copy of the report? This is why Twitter is utter bollocks at times. It's quite normal that people will be thrown out for taking photos. It's unlikely to be about standing. The pictures are likely to be what's done it here. They have the right to confiscate the device with photos too. There are clear warnings.

No person (other than a person who holds an appropriate licence) may bring into (or use within) the Ground any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any data or information in relation to the Match or any aspect of it.

However, Mobile telephones are permitted within the Ground, provided that they are used for personal and private use only PROVIDED THAT no audio, visual or audio-visual mateiral captured by a mobile telephone may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites.
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2017 12:15:57 pm by JackSparrow »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #271: Nov 20, 2017 02:41:21 pm
      Good win by the Redmen on Saturday, although Southampton were absolutely sh*te, deffo a wrong decision to get rid of Claude Puel.
      Would give Salah motm was F***ing boss and that first goal was close to Johnny Barnes in his heyday!

Nothing will happen, we'll put out a statement something to do with health & safety and F**k all else will be done!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #272: Nov 20, 2017 02:43:21 pm
      how does he know the reason they were thrown out? Did the police give him a copy of the report? This is why Twitter is utter bollocks at times. It's quite normal that people will be thrown out for taking photos. It's unlikely to be about standing. The pictures are likely to be what's done it here. They have the right to confiscate the device with photos too. There are clear warnings.

No person (other than a person who holds an appropriate licence) may bring into (or use within) the Ground any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any data or information in relation to the Match or any aspect of it.

However, Mobile telephones are permitted within the Ground, provided that they are used for personal and private use only PROVIDED THAT no audio, visual or audio-visual mateiral captured by a mobile telephone may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites.

Bullshit mate, and I know what's on the T&C's of tickets, but there's thousands of the fuckers taking pics with phones and tablets, it's all about him standing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #273: Nov 20, 2017 03:12:41 pm
      Bullshit mate, and I know what's on the T&C's of tickets, but there's thousands of the fuckers taking pics with phones and tablets, it's all about him standing.

Heard the same happened in the Annie  Road as well lid.
      Kopite78
      Reply #274: Nov 20, 2017 03:16:25 pm
      Heard the same happened in the Annie  Road as well lid.

I was in the Kop  block 207.

No one sat down all game.
      My lad even took a picture  :roll: (he's only 8 like)

Bag of sh*te ruining someone's day

JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #275: Nov 20, 2017 03:41:06 pm
      there were also a lot of people standing. When I've been to a match I've seen people using phones for social media and taking selfies, there are times other people took photos of the game and occasionally those people are thrown out when caught. People are making assumptions on fellow fans taking a video without knowing any facts about to why he was thrown out to be honest. You're right about nothing will come of it, but I'm not sure what the reason was from that video. I think the odd picture the steward doesn't mind, but if one person is taking a lot of pictures or recording video they will usually ask to stop and if they don't they're going to be thrown out, probably without their phone.
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2017 03:50:03 pm by JackSparrow »

Quick Reply