Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Southampton?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.1%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (1%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      76 (77.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (6.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: Nov 22, 2017 04:58:22 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19577 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Nov 20, 2017 03:54:32 pm
      there were also a lot of people standing. When I've been to a match I've seen people using phones for social media and taking selfies, there are times other people took photos of the game and occasionally those people are thrown out when caught. People are making assumptions on fellow fans taking a video without knowing any facts about to why he was thrown out to be honest. You're right about nothing will come of it, but I'm not sure what the reason was from that video. I think the odd picture the steward doesn't mind, but if one person is taking a lot of pictures or recording video they will usually ask to stop and if they don't they're going to be thrown out, probably without their phone.

They have no right to take a phone from someone.

Stewards are there for crowd safety not copyright issues or whatever else you are suggesting.

The people around the incident Saturday witnessed thr whole thing, by virtue of actually being there, you weren't so you are jumping to conclusions far more than the lads sat next to him in the  main.

They tagged Tony Barratt in to complain of the issue as they saw it so let's not try to make more of it than what is being suggested

🖒
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #277: Nov 20, 2017 04:22:11 pm
      Can't believe Mig did some fancy Cruyff like trick...has he learn't nothing since coming here. Didn't see it...was it avoidable.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #278: Nov 20, 2017 04:33:27 pm
      Understand copyright and rights issues but seriously it is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #279: Nov 20, 2017 04:44:07 pm
      Understand copyright and rights issues but seriously it is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut

Down the years they've nearly always dealt with fans harshly. I go back to the early 60's and you got next to no respect ( and really didn't expect it). I was actually thrown out of a reserve game...less than a thousand there..but I was chucked out.

Was only after tragic events that fans did get some respect and were treated as customers and not cattle.

Kopite78
      Reply #280: Nov 20, 2017 04:46:51 pm
      Down the years they've nearly always dealt with fans harshly. I go back to the early 60's and you got next to no respect ( and really didn't expect it). I was actually thrown out of a reserve game...less than a thousand there..but I was chucked out.

Was only after tragic events that fans did get some respect and were treated as customers and not cattle.

What you get kicked out of the ressies for mate?
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #281: Nov 20, 2017 04:54:39 pm
      What you get kicked out of the ressies for mate?

We paid cash to get into the Kemlyn Rd stand and we were messing about a bit and a steward collared us and put us in front of this copper who said we'd nicked in, but when I said we paid money to get in he twigged that a steward on the gate was on the fiddle. It was only tickets into the Kemlyn Rd stand even for the reserves.

So we were sent around to the front office and asked for a description of the gate man. Couldn't say one way or the other. It seemed they knew some of the gate men pocketed money at the turnstile. Sent on our way...without a refund I might add...circa 1965 ish.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #282: Nov 21, 2017 05:17:44 am

And now it's back to cattle.

Not just at our club but everywhere.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #283: Nov 21, 2017 03:06:30 pm
      there were also a lot of people standing. When I've been to a match I've seen people using phones for social media and taking selfies, there are times other people took photos of the game and occasionally those people are thrown out when caught. People are making assumptions on fellow fans taking a video without knowing any facts about to why he was thrown out to be honest. You're right about nothing will come of it, but I'm not sure what the reason was from that video. I think the odd picture the steward doesn't mind, but if one person is taking a lot of pictures or recording video they will usually ask to stop and if they don't they're going to be thrown out, probably without their phone.

It'll be because he was continually standing, I've got a seasie in the Kop, block 208, so seen all the time with block 109, it's nothing to do with him taking pics, but because he was continually standing. The stewards will have shouted a warning at him, if they feel he's ignored that they'll walk up and give him another warning, after that they've done what has happened here, gone up with the bizzee to have a word with him. Sometimes they'll take him down below for "a chat" If they feel like he's ignoring what they're telling him they'll have chosen to throw him out. There are loads around us in block 108 and 208 filming the game and taking pics and the stewards say absolutely F**k all. It's all because of the continued standing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #284: Nov 23, 2017 09:57:24 am

Absolutely F***ing disgraceful.
      Imagine the kick offs if they drafted in loads of bizzies and it was done as a matter of practice, Anfield would be half empty with pitched battles by people pissed off having well expensive phones confiscated.
      F***ing madness.

Quick Reply