Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match: Sevilla v Liverpool KO Tue 21st Nov 19:45 (Champions League)

Read 7546 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Pre Match: Sevilla v Liverpool KO Tue 21st Nov 19:45 (Champions League)
      Reply #23: Nov 20, 2017 08:25:08 pm
      Win this and we probably Top the group which could be all important in who we face in the next round.

Looks like Matip won't be ready for this which is just as well because Sevilla are no where the force they have been with a fairly unspectacular start to the season - the same accusation could be thrown at us mind.

I expect with our fire power will see us home.

Can in for Gini to consolidate the midfield and Gomez for Trent.
      Great to have the likes of Lallana and Sturridge on the bench if needed.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #24: Nov 20, 2017 08:27:27 pm
      Not sure if he's had enough time to prove anything either way. Doesn't look majorly promising for him but he's still got time on his side, maybe.

Then injuries have probably killed his career. He used to have a bit of zip and speed but i'm guessing that will have left him now.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Nov 20, 2017 08:32:21 pm
      Klopps made changes for the CL matches so could expect Karius, Gomez, maybe Can, possibly AOC.
      Sevilla are doing OK in La Liga, but on form I'd be hoping for a wim for us. As long as we don't make too many changes.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #26: Nov 20, 2017 09:17:49 pm
      Then injuries have probably killed his career. He used to have a bit of zip and speed but i'm guessing that will have left him now.

Looked much sharper in the last couple of games, just think it's a reward for his incredible resilience,  surely even people. Who doubt his ability to contribute can't deny the lad deserves a run of luck
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2017 10:39:32 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #27: Nov 20, 2017 10:11:30 pm
      Team not flying straight back after the game. Training in Seville in the morning then flying back.

Think it's a good idea by Klopp because we didn't win either of the last two games after. Can't be ideal players getting home about 4/5 in the morning then training at midday.

👍
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Nov 20, 2017 10:24:10 pm
      Team not flying straight back after the game. Training in Seville in the morning then flying back.

Think it's a good idea by Klopp because we didn't win either of the last two games after. Can't be ideal players getting home about 4/5 in the morning then training at midday.

👍

Looking at the weather it's 23/24 degrees and sunny over there in the daytime. Why not spend some time in the nice weather, when there :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: Nov 20, 2017 10:52:30 pm
      I'd like to see Can, Sturridge and Ox start. The three of them want to play, let them show what they got. Add Coutinho, Lallana and Wijnaldum/Hendo and it's a solid team.

Sturridge
      Coutinho               Ox
                    Lallana
            Can         Wijnaldum/Hendo

Pretty sure everybody wants to play. Maybe Can starts, but not Daniel or Ox, and Lallana is very likely on the bench coming off such a long layoff. He'll be in soon enough, but Tuesday.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Nov 20, 2017 11:15:29 pm
      Sit deep and hit them on the break, hopefully.
      4-2-3-1 has made the team more solid.
      Mane, Firmino, Salah on the break.

We should have won at Anfield.
      Think the lads will look to put that right.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #31: Nov 21, 2017 01:01:14 am
      Sit deep and hit them on the break, hopefully.

Can we play that way at all? I think we will play like usual, i.e. trying to control the ball. If somebody offered me a draw just yet, I'd take it. You can easily lose on the road against a good team and Sevilla is a good team.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #32: Nov 21, 2017 01:50:39 am
      We were average at Anfield and should have won. Team has really clicked into gear over the last few games. I can see us thrashing them.
      No need to change our style. Press them high, try to dominate the game, and it will fall into place.

2-5, 150/1 thank you.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33: Nov 21, 2017 07:45:02 am
      Ings??  Is that because he is such an amazing striker, honestly I'm getting a bit tired of everyone going on and on about Ings. Don't get me wrong I feel for the lad with the injury nightmare he has had but he is an absolutely bog standard striker, not what we need at all, I'd much rather play Solanke than Ings.

Shut up you tart, F**k sake may aswell tell the bloke his career is over with you sticking the knife in,

I'm betting there isn't anyone else who has worked as hard as Danny to get back into the fold, he's had a horrendous time with injuries the last two seasons,

Ffs give the fella a chance, he could be just what we need, a perfect impact sub when we need a goal, he's a typical jack in the box striker who instinctively will be in the right place at the right time,

His experience alone puts him ahead of young Dom in my book, get off his back ffs and support the fella who unlike you has never given up!!

YNWA
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #34: Nov 21, 2017 08:58:50 am
      I'd like to see Can, Sturridge and Ox start. The three of them want to play, let them show what they got. Add Coutinho, Lallana and Wijnaldum/Hendo and it's a solid team.

Sturridge
      Coutinho               Ox
                    Lallana
            Can         Wijnaldum/Hendo
      Must win a prize as worst post of the year......
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #35: Nov 21, 2017 09:08:32 am
      Must win a prize as worst post of the year......
      Bad lineup, but not the worst post of the year.
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #36: Nov 21, 2017 09:15:33 am
      His experience alone puts him ahead of young Dom in my book
      YNWA
      Must not be a very good book then. Ings is not ahead of dom. If Ings made the bench at the expense of Solanke it would be ridiculous and you know it. Nothing against Ings, I think he's okay but he'll probably get his chance in FA cup.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #37: Nov 21, 2017 10:09:28 am
      Strongest side out, as possible, make sure of qualification, for knock out stage of competition. Forget about Chelsea until this game is over. Take one game at a time.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #38: Nov 21, 2017 11:49:48 am
      Bad lineup, but not the worst post of the year.
      Fair enough
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #39: Nov 21, 2017 01:12:19 pm
      Must not be a very good book then. Ings is not ahead of dom. If Ings made the bench at the expense of Solanke it would be ridiculous and you know it. Nothing against Ings, I think he's okay but he'll probably get his chance in FA cup.

So please, enlighten me on young Dom's illustrious career thus far, as opposed to that of the not so young Danny, or were you not aware tha football existed before young Solanke joined us from the rentboys,

Do some due diligence dipshit before taking the piss eh !!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40: Nov 21, 2017 01:20:45 pm
      Looked much sharper in the last couple of games, just think it's a reward for his incredible resilience,  surely even people. Who doubt his ability to contribute can't deny the lad deserves a run of luck

Absolutely he deserves some luck, he's had zero up to now. I'd love him to become an amazing player for us but as said I have never been that impressed with him even pre-injury nightmare.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #41: Nov 21, 2017 01:22:03 pm
      If we can manage to get an early goal i can see us winning 3-1.

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42: Nov 21, 2017 01:25:06 pm
      Shut up you tart, f**k sake may aswell tell the bloke his career is over with you sticking the knife in,

I'm betting there isn't anyone else who has worked as hard as Danny to get back into the fold, he's had a horrendous time with injuries the last two seasons,

Ffs give the fella a chance, he could be just what we need, a perfect impact sub when we need a goal, he's a typical jack in the box striker who instinctively will be in the right place at the right time,

His experience alone puts him ahead of young Dom in my book, get off his back ffs and support the fella who unlike you has never given up!!

YNWA

What the actual F**k are you talking about, what experience, experience with surgery and doctors yes certainly, but he's had F**k all experience playing football lately, not that that is his fault of course. In my most humble opinion Danny will never make the grade now, and I very much doubt if he ever would have, even with no injuries. I hope we sell him to some mid level team and he can resurrect his career, I wish him all the luck in the world.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43: Nov 21, 2017 01:28:54 pm

So please, enlighten me on young Dom's illustrious career thus far, as opposed to that of the not so young Danny, or were you not aware tha football existed before young Solanke joined us from the rentboys,

Do some due diligence dipshit before taking the piss eh !!

Are we talking about the Solanke who won the youth world cup and has come on as sub for us several times recently, compared to the Ings who played for Burnley about 5 years ago, then came to us got injured and hasn't played more than 2 games in a row since?

Look we all feel bad for the lad, I wouldn't wish his injuries on any player, but stop making him out to be this fantastic striking talent with huge experience etc because its simply not true.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #44: Nov 21, 2017 02:27:07 pm
      Hmm... so... anyway...

I don't think we need to beat this lot tonight but F**k would I like to see us put pay to the Indian sign they have over us.

I fancy a few goals and will probably bet over 2.5 [along with a clatter of corners].

Reds edge it in a goalfest 😊
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #45: Nov 21, 2017 03:56:51 pm
      I will definitely be able to watch the match from the 1st second but will be very tight to do the live thread. On you this one :)

I definitely think that we can go there and play our best. I would change a few players, not a major overhaul, just a rest to some players.

I would play Sturridge, Milner and Alex for this one.

Quick Reply