Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sevilla?

Loris Karius
      14 (16.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (5.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (9.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      47 (54.7%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Nov 25, 2017 09:43:11 pm

Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37592 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: LIVE: Sevilla v Liverpool
      Reply #460: Nov 21, 2017 09:49:10 pm
      Meh
      How? For picking the players who made mistakes? He didn't tell them to make them, moreno had been solid lately, the defence had couple of clean sheets. There was no reason to not pick thus team.
      We fall apart, and players forget how to play. Take Hendo and gini. They become invisible.

How many times have we blown a lead under Klopp though? Too many I can tell you. At some point he needs to be held accountable.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #461: Nov 21, 2017 09:49:15 pm
      The left back who's so bad he used to play a right winger ahead of him.

How long are we going to pretend Moreno can be trusted upon. When is his next heartfelt interview to Melissa Reddy. Can't wait to hear all about how he overcame his struggles.

Up until them errors, he's been having a good season and deserved his place in the starting line up.

There's no excuse for his performance but Salah was sh*t, had a good chance to get us a 4th goal but fu**ed it, but he will go unnoticed because of who he is. Moreno though, despite having a good season so far will get instantly hung out to dry by some.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #462: Nov 21, 2017 09:49:30 pm
      Jürgen and the Team have learnt nothing since the Europa League Final.

Wake the f**k up when you come out after HT.

get a f**king another defender in when u concede a goal straight after the restart!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #463: Nov 21, 2017 09:49:42 pm
      Sorry to be a dick, but for those who say Hendo dictates, ;D! Just watch Banega, that's how you dictate from midfield when in possession. Our midfield can't f**king tackle, Moreno should have been subbed off much earlier, and our midfield is sh*t.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #464: Nov 21, 2017 09:50:01 pm
      No one really controls the ball in midfield, or  gets stuck in and wins balls. With our setup, we're always chasing shadows.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #465: Nov 21, 2017 09:50:08 pm
      2 goals and 1 assist, Roberto Firmino

For his first half
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #466: Nov 21, 2017 09:50:21 pm
      The left back who's so bad he used to play a right winger ahead of him.

How long are we going to pretend Moreno can be trusted upon. When is his next heartfelt interview to Melissa Reddy. Can't wait to hear all about how he overcame his struggles.

I withheld praise for him because I always feared he was going to go off like the arse spraying mayhem grenade he is.

I'm going to go back and read those interviews now and have a good old laugh. There's nothing I love more than a good old satirical read.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #467: Nov 21, 2017 09:50:30 pm
      What surprised me is how weak we handled the situation after 1-3/2-3. I mean we are build for that situation with our fast strikers, but we looked pretty pathetic in our counter game overall.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #468: Nov 21, 2017 09:50:35 pm
      But since Spartak just drawed we should be 3 points ahead with a better goal record, so we are basically in the KO-rounds, right?

Nope, it's not GD but head-to-head results that matter in the UCL. If they beat us at Anfield, they're above us.

Very unlikely to happen though, they couldn't even beat Maribor at home (!!!)
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #469: Nov 21, 2017 09:51:29 pm
      Moreno as usual the whipping boy. Yes, he made individual errors, but he doesn’t get equal plaudits when he has a good game! As has been said, he became a Dad a couple of days ago, might have been sensible to leave him at home. Some of you need to think what you were like a couple of days after becoming a Dad for the first time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #470: Nov 21, 2017 09:51:47 pm
      Klopp has bottled it that many times, I've lost count. Love his passion, but that 2nd half was woeful, what did he say at half time FFS.
      He and everyone switched off. Totally down to them this one

He told them to go out and give away a cheap free kick, lose their man and then give away a penalty.

Christ, holding the manager for individual errors like that amazes me.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #471: Nov 21, 2017 09:52:11 pm
      I just cant get excited about Liverpool until we get a decent defence and captain

Top 6 team that will score a lot but concede a lot - nothing new
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: LIVE: Sevilla v Liverpool
      Reply #472: Nov 21, 2017 09:52:36 pm
      Cliché - game of two halves.
      Brilliant in the 1st.
      Faded to nothing in the 2nd.
      Thought Jürgen had done the trick taking off Moreno and Cou, just in time. We looked more solid at 2-3, the game settled down and I thought we would hold on. But undone again from a f**king corner :(
      In saying that WE scored 2 from corners, and could easily ... EASILY ...have scored more goals, we were SO on top in the 1st half.

Moreno is an attacking LB, but when the tide turns, he's a liability. Ideally you have one full back who can do both - instead of Moreno who attacks, and Milly who defends.  Need to melt them down into one player.
      Also, when under the cosh, sometimes just need the guys up front to show a bit more composure, like instead of Firmino laying off difficult first time balls, take a touch, hold off the defender, settle the game down.
      In saying that, thought we did calm things down at 2-3 ... just undone at the death.

Felt like a loss. But it wasn't. Still on top of table ;)
      Though can't help feeling pissed we didn't shaft them in their patch.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #473: Nov 21, 2017 09:52:41 pm
      Ah he we go, all the little agendas coming out from the usual suspects,  some on here seem to revel when we lose or struggle so they can get their little digs in.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #474: Nov 21, 2017 09:52:48 pm
      The real sickener is winning 3-0, you get on that plane feeling good. Morale is high, you're through to the next stage, and you feel like it's a job well done.

Being 3-0 up yet drawing 3-3, and all of a sudden, you're feeling leggy, achy, your morale is probably worse than it was 90 minutes ago, you still have a job to do in the Champions League, and then you remember Chelsea are up next.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #475: Nov 21, 2017 09:53:05 pm
      Up until them errors, he's been having a good season and deserved his place in the starting line up.

There's no excuse for his performance but Salah was sh*t, had a good chance to get us a 4th goal but fu**ed it, but he will go unnoticed because of who he is. Moreno though, despite having a good season so far will get instantly hung out to dry by some.

Diego's wider point stands, we're meant to be a club with ambitions of winning the league.

Meant to be.

So why are we still persisting with a left back, two central defenders and a goalie who aren't at that level required?
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #476: Nov 21, 2017 09:53:36 pm
      Probably the worst second half I have ever seen from a LFC side, shocked and embarrassed at the mo, it was a complete utter shambles, once Sevilla pressed and played at a high tempo, we couldnt cope, resorted to lumping up field all second half, no composure at all, good old Alberto upto his old tricks, but Sat vs Chelsea the t*at will be starting again I would imagine, Klopp needs to act fast!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #477: Nov 21, 2017 09:53:37 pm
      Can someone fill us in if Liverpool already made it to the KO stage? In my book they made it. Even if they lose 0-1/0-2 against Spartak they should still advance! True? Only if they lose like 0-4 they'd be stopped which is basically impossible.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #478: Nov 21, 2017 09:54:58 pm
      Diego's wider point stands, we're meant to be a club with ambitions of winning the league.

Meant to be.

So why are we still persisting with a left back, two central defenders and a goalie who aren't at that level required?

Why is this question only asked when we have a game like this? It's all well and good when we are winning but the second we aren't, the knives soon come out.

As for the keeper, we'd have been worse off if Karius didn't pull off some big saves tonight. But again, people find it a lot easier to slate him than praise him

For what it's worth, City are playing Delph, a CM at LB and storming through the season so it can work...
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1431 
      Reply #479: Nov 21, 2017 09:55:21 pm
      It was an attacking line up and it produced 3 goals....but once the tide turned, may be with the Ref against us it was on the cards.

Klopp must know we can't defend, should've brought on Milner and told them to expect a reaction.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #480: Nov 21, 2017 09:55:26 pm
      Here is another positive: play as in the 1st half for 90min. and we win PL and CL next year. :)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #481: Nov 21, 2017 09:55:26 pm
      I withheld praise for him because I always feared he was going to go off like the arse spraying mayhem grenade he is.

I'm going to go back and read those interviews now and have a good old laugh. There's nothing I love more than a good old satirical read.

People associated with Liverpool giving crowing interviews before May and then looking silly, a classic of the genre.

How many times have we seen;

"We've learned our lessons" - then demonstrate they haven't
      "I've turned a corner, my confidence is high - then responsible for a huge error

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #482: Nov 21, 2017 09:55:28 pm
      Doesn't Klopp learn anything at all? Wijnaldum, henderson and Moreno in the same team is a perfect recipe for disaster because 3 of them can't defend at all. The sooner 3 of them feck-off from the club is better. Starting with Moreno, he is truly embarassing. Where is the Dm? Where is the DM Klopp? It has been 3 long years and he still didn't realise he needed one.

Quick Reply