Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match - Liverpool v Chelsea - Sat 25th Nov 5.30pm

Read 7067 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Pre Match - Liverpool v Chelsea - Sat 25th Nov 5.30pm
      Nov 23, 2017 08:46:25 pm

With the fall out from Tuesdays game still lingering around the forum I thought it best that I start my first match thread of the season and blow the cobwebs away and move on.

I'm surprised Chelsea didn't insist on a Sunday fixture with it being only three days after their CL game compared to our four days.

Will that make a difference to Conte and his team selection? probably not.
      Thing is, what selection will Jürgen go with for this one?
      Does he stick with Moreno at left back or will he put Robertson back in the frame?
      Mignolet for Karius?
      Will Lallana play his first game this season? if so who pays the price?
      Will Matip be fit and replace Lovren?

Our front three have been on fire and I'm pretty certain Mo Salah will have a point to prove to his previous employer.

We've been blessed with some fine performances against sh*te teams lately, namely West ham, Southampton, Huddesfield but this one is going to be completely different.
      Chelsea are beatable, we know that but they will pose a problem for us, the like of which we haven't had since the Spurs game.
      The thought of Lovren trying to keep tabs on Morata and Moreno tackling Hazard gives me palpatations.

My head says this has got a 0-0 written all over it.
      My heart see's Mo Salah scoring the winner in a very tight 1-0 victory.

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2017 12:57:23 pm by JD »
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: Pre Match chat - Liverpool v Chelsea - Sat 25th Nov 5.30pm
      Reply #1: Nov 23, 2017 09:47:21 pm
      At home we need to win this, considering:

1) We have (almost) all on board,
      2) We have something to prove (Sevilla!)
      3) We look sharper overall than 4 weeks ago, at least offensively.
      4) They had a day less to prepare and have to travel.
      5) This is not Chelsea of last season, they are still very good but not supergood anymore.

1-0 or 2-1.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2: Nov 23, 2017 09:55:58 pm
       Well Stringer, your bang on with that assessment. Who will Klopp select, and how will they perform. Wish I knew before i enter my prediction, but as its Liverpool, performance is anyones guess, and as its Klopp, so is the selection.
      I'm all for giving Robertson a run of games, think Lallana will come off the bench for Hendo, who I expect will start, and i'm praying Matip is fit for this one. If not, why can't TAA start at RB and Gomez go in the middle with Klaven. Also, can't see why Karius isn't given a run of games. It's clear he commands his box better than Migs, and is quicker off his line. His distribution is clearly a step up as well.
      Think Millie should get a start in the middle, in stead of the lumbering Can. Not sure he fully committed now. Seems to be going through the motions and just avoiding injury.
      If only I was the manager..... :f_whistle:
      Still think we're capable of a 2-0 win if we get it right on the day, and just as susceptible to a 4 - 0 bashing. :f_doh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3: Nov 23, 2017 10:58:20 pm
      Looks like Matip will be ok for this, TAA will probably come in for Gomez and hopefully Robertson gets a game.

I have a feeling Lallana might start, Can should play the 6 role but no way Klopp will drop Henderson so I imagine it's between Coutinho and Gini for that final midfield slot.

Front 3 pick themselves.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #4: Nov 23, 2017 11:30:25 pm
      Would like to see Robertson get this test. Willian will run rings around Alberto, he's one of the most underrated players in the league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: Nov 23, 2017 11:32:51 pm
      Expect to see Milner at LB IMO. Robertson can't get a game to save his life.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2017 11:35:10 pm
      If you look at the way Chelsea will probably line up.. and i say probably only because this was the team that put three past West Brom by half time and put Tony Pulis in the bin ;

Courtois ; Christensen, Cahill, Azpilicueta ; Zappacosta , Kante , Fabregas, Bakayoko, Alonso ; Hazard, Morata.

Subs: Drinkwater , Pedro , Willian .

We have plenty in our locker to beat this lot man for man, it's stopping Hazard and Morata that we have to get a grip of.
      Whoever plays right back, Gomez or TAA, they have to be aware of Alonso and stop him playing his game.
      Hazard is such a difficult player to man mark and he's a very clever little player sh*t who will go down at the slightest touch so the likes of Emre Can,Milner and Henderson need to win the ball if they challenge him otherwise they'll be carrying a yellow for the rest of the game which is not good.

Saying all that..Bobby, Mo and Mane just need to just attack them from the kick off..they're all capable of scoring a goal each on Saturday without a doubt..
      For me the game will be won in midfield and it's in games like this that Coutinho and Lallana can show their worth.

You never know.. we could be 3-0 up at half time ! then what ? ;D

Either way we are playing the current Premier League champions.. a scalp we need right now.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Nov 24, 2017 12:04:58 am
      This is gonna be tough. Bunch of cu*ts!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Nov 24, 2017 02:56:48 am
      Struggled to remember the last time we beat these racist wankers at Anfield in the league. Done them a few times at that sh*t hole of a home in recent years. Think it might have been 7 years ago under Hodgson when Torres did a smash and grab over them. Before then I'm thinking back to that 2009 fixture when Lampard got red and a couple of years before that when Pennant smashed one in from outside the box. I seriously think that since the millennium we can count on one hand the number of times we've beaten the Chavs at Anfield. Need to start putting these bas**rds to the sword at home starting on Saturday. Won't accept anything less...especially after Tuesday night.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Nov 24, 2017 04:46:35 am
      If fit, Matip to play with TAA (pace needed against Hazard) and Karius in defence.

Coutinho in midfield.

Bob, Mane and Salah up top.

The rest...who really cares. It's like flipping a coin whether they're gonna perform or not.

Just win :)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #10: Nov 24, 2017 05:15:16 am
      Salah looked a little jaded against Sevilla... maybe an appearance from the bench to kill his previous team?

Karius
          Gomez Matip Klavan
      Oxlade    Hendo    Moreno
              Lallana   Couts
                      Mane
                    Firmino

It’s 5am so sorry for the strange team, just looking at different ways... you can always drop Moreno back then to make a back four with Gomez at RB, pushing Ox into midfield and replacing Lallana with Salah on 60... having the last 30 at our usual 4-3-3, Can for Couts and Studge for Firmino at whatever time... maybe better left for Fifa though  :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Nov 24, 2017 06:30:30 am
      If we can play with the same skill and energy as we did in the first half at Seville we can thrash Chelsea.No surrender and definitely NO MORENO.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #12: Nov 24, 2017 08:03:30 am
      If we can play with the same skill and energy as we did in the first half at Seville we can thrash Chelsea.No surrender and definitely NO MORENO.

First half v Sevilla no thanks we had no control which carried on into the second half and we're lucky they missed some absolute sitters.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13: Nov 24, 2017 08:19:13 am

First half v Sevilla no thanks we had no control which carried on into the second half and we're lucky they missed some absolute sitters.

I would take 3-0 to us at half time any day.How many times have you read on the forum it doesn't matter how we win just win and get the 3 points.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #14: Nov 24, 2017 08:28:23 am
      does roberton have to prove that he is prone to catastrophic mistakes every 30 minutes to get a game here?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15: Nov 24, 2017 09:07:38 am
      I fancy us strongly in this one.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #16: Nov 24, 2017 10:48:47 am
      Bound to be a tough game, the Reds always make things more difficult for themselves, against decent opposition. Although maybe a 1 0 win for us tomorrow.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17: Nov 24, 2017 11:02:50 am
      If we let Fabregas dictate like how we let Banega do so, we're fu**ed.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Re: Pre Match - Liverpool v Chelsea - Sat 25th Nov 5.30pm
      Reply #18: Nov 24, 2017 01:19:20 pm
      It's gunna be edge of the seat stuff me thinks.  3-2.  Chavs will come with a win attitude which will hopefully leave space for our quick counters.

can't wait CMON you redmen!!! :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0:

Stick it to those chavy rent boys,,,
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: Nov 24, 2017 03:02:00 pm
      Me .......  I'd cause a bit of mischief.

Mo ... yes he could turn the afterburners on over his previous employers .... but if he does tire as has been mentioned I'd pat Solanke on the head and turn him loose. Or just play Dom anyway.

Two ex Chavs. Tee Hee.

Ah what fun !
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #20: Nov 24, 2017 03:07:38 pm
      does roberton have to prove that he is prone to catastrophic mistakes every 30 minutes to get a game here?

Quite clearly TC thought we need a new LB and Klopp thought he could polish a turd
      Kopite78
      Reply #21: Nov 24, 2017 03:10:54 pm
      Me .......  I'd cause a bit of mischief.

Mo ... yes he could turn the afterburners on over his previous employers .... but if he does tire as has been mentioned I'd pat Solanke on the head and turn him loose. Or just play Dom anyway.

Two ex Chavs. Tee Hee.

Ah what fun !

Oooh.

Are you sat twiddling your moustash as you write that?

Right up there with the key players from the beano you  🙄
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22: Nov 24, 2017 03:14:39 pm
      Oooh.

Are you sat twiddling your moustash as you write that?

Right up there with the key players from the beano you  🙄

Say what ?

You on meds or what ?

Quick Reply