Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match - Liverpool v Chelsea - Sat 25th Nov 5.30pm

Read 7072 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Re: Pre Match - Liverpool v Chelsea - Sat 25th Nov 5.30pm
      Reply #23: Nov 24, 2017 03:21:18 pm
      Let's hope we actually play for most of the 90 minutes tomorrow instead of only half a game.

Reminds me of an interview the legendary Barry Fry gave after a game with his beloved Peterborough.
      He said we played like Juventus in the first half, and Fray Bentus in the second half.

Think we will just nick this one.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #24: Nov 24, 2017 03:38:27 pm
      Well Stringer, your bang on with that assessment. Who will Klopp select, and how will they perform. Wish I knew before i enter my prediction, but as its Liverpool, performance is anyones guess, and as its Klopp, so is the selection.
      I'm all for giving Robertson a run of games, think Lallana will come off the bench for Hendo, who I expect will start, and i'm praying Matip is fit for this one. If not, why can't TAA start at RB and Gomez go in the middle with Klaven. Also, can't see why Karius isn't given a run of games. It's clear he commands his box better than Migs, and is quicker off his line. His distribution is clearly a step up as well.
      Think Millie should get a start in the middle, in stead of the lumbering Can. Not sure he fully committed now. Seems to be going through the motions and just avoiding injury.
      If only I was the manager..... :f_whistle:
      Still think we're capable of a 2-0 win if we get it right on the day, and just as susceptible to a 4 - 0 bashing. :f_doh:

IMHO Henderson needs benching but if Can is injured than the only other option is Milner in place of Henderson. But, we know Klopp will play the same as the last PL match. :( Unless, he drops players, how are they going to improve and others get a chance. I really don't understand what has happened to Gruijic and why is Robertson frozen out!

At home I would play Gini, while away I would play AOC.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #25: Nov 24, 2017 04:00:19 pm
      Hard to say a game between two of the top six in the first half of the season is a must win but this really is a chance for us to show we're back on form domestically after a shaky start and a good chance to show our recent improvement wasn't just because we played a bunch of sh*te teams.

Wonder if Lallana might come straight in for a start here after a solid week of training? Difficult to say who'd drop out though, don't think a game against Chelsea is the type to be playing both Lallana and Coutinho in the middle.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #26: Nov 24, 2017 04:34:03 pm
      If we let Fabregas dictate like how we let Banega do so, we're fu**ed.

Chances is we will. Knowing how hard working is our midfield that got steamrolled time and again and often found strolling instead of putting in the tackles.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #27: Nov 24, 2017 04:43:35 pm
      IMHO Henderson needs benching but if Can is injured than the only other option is Milner in place of Henderson. But, we know Klopp will play the same as the last PL match. :( Unless, he drops players, how are they going to improve and others get a chance. I really don't understand what has happened to Gruijic and why is Robertson frozen out!

At home I would play Gini, while away I would play AOC.

Why bother to buy Robertson in the first place and not use him but the calamitous Moreno continues to occupy the spot. Can Robertson any workse than Moreno??? When a player continuously not knowing where the ball is in a melee near our goal that led to important goals conceded time and again, it only means one thing, the player is simply not good enough for this club and Klopp has simply overstretching his man management and over accommodating such permanent weaknesses that may eventually lead to his own downfall. World class managers wouldn't have tolerated that and I'm growing frustrated with Klopp.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28: Nov 24, 2017 04:47:10 pm
      Sounds like Can is out for this match, but Matip is back in. While I'd like to see Robertson, I"m guessing Klopp plans to use him and a few others (Ox, Milner, Sturridge) in one or both of the next two matches vs. Stoke City and Brighton. So probably:

Mignolet
      Gomez, Matip, Klavan, Moreno
      Henderson
      Wijnaldum, Coutinho
      Mane, Firmino, Salah
      Subs: Karius, Lovren, TAA, Milner, Ox, Sturridge, Solanke

And despite Seville, I do like our chances to get three points. Come on boys!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Nov 24, 2017 06:11:41 pm
      On the Kop for this match and we are going to batter these plastic waving southern chavs big time  :laugh: :laugh:

I can imagine the crowd will be well up for this and hopefully they'll collaspe with the baying crowd on top of the players and they'll freeze with terror  >:D

Get that defence sorted JĆ¼rgen and our front lads will kill these  8)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #30: Nov 24, 2017 08:28:49 pm
      Hard to know what to expect from us at the minute. We could win 5-0 or lose 5-0.

Sadly I think Moreno will start, because Robertson probably hasn't had enough game time to get thrown in against Hazard, Willian and co. Milner is a possibility, but JĆ¼rgen is stubborn ( and Milner is looking a bit slow these days) so I think Alberto will start. Basically I think the team will be the same [edit:apart from Karius] as against Seville ( unless Matip comes back).

Like I say, I really don't know what to predict. We have the ability going forward to do them some damage, but I am worried that these games we throw away are eventually going erode our self belief to the point were we become just too fragile to deal with pressure. So far JĆ¼rgen has done a good job of keeping our chins up despite quite a few setbacks, but it will get harder to keep doing that.

I'm going to go 3-2 to us, but it could be a roller-coaster. We really need the win.
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2017 08:33:02 pm by sore monad »
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #31: Nov 24, 2017 09:51:42 pm
      We are at home and conceded once in the league all season (from what I've been told) so I'm pretty confident. Of course we are playing the champions and I do expect them to score.

Going for 1-1 or 2-1 to us
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Nov 24, 2017 11:13:36 pm
      I must admit I'm a bit worried for this one.

Last couple of Seasons we have been so strong against the rest of the "Top Teams"...this season we have lost 0-5**** and 1-4 to them.

I don't give a F**k if we win 1-0 with the ball going in off someone's arse. just beat these cu*ts, PLEASE!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #33: Nov 25, 2017 12:40:43 am
      Hope with it being a late kick off they travel up on the day. Not sure exactly how it all works but you know, the small details!

We're good enough to beat them. Let's hope our decent defending at Anfield continues.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #34: Nov 25, 2017 12:50:55 am
      Beat this lot tomorrow and all of a sudden we are up there in the top four.
      Conte won't be looking forward to this and so he shouldn't, he hates playing us!

No F***ing about with these boys, win the ball and get it forward, put that donkey Cahill on his arse and
      boomtown that pr**k Luiz.

We always play ace down at their place, just hope we can turn them over at Anfield for a change.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #35: Nov 25, 2017 01:26:11 am
      We're unbeaten against them in the last 5 and we have a good record at home.

A red win here all day.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #36: Nov 25, 2017 07:41:06 am
       Feeling confident for this one. Form at Anfield has been excellent and we've got our mojo. SCL as an attacking side again. 2-1 to the reds with Salah and Firmino on the score sheet.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37: Nov 25, 2017 08:46:40 am
                            Mignolet
         Gomez   Matip Klavan   Moreno
               Wijnaldom  Henderson
                           Coutinho
               Salah                    Mane
                           Firmino

Playing a ...4-2-1-2-1...

My pick to beat the rent boys, and petty close i reckon to what Klopp will go for ....
      ...the bench....
      ...Karius, Trent, Lovren, Can, Ox, Lallana, Sturridge.

This will give us a indication of where were at domestically, win and we're back in amongst it , lose then imo we'll struggle to get into the top 4,
      We're approaching a pivotal time in the season so we really need to be showing our teeth and getting in and around the top spots, sitting 6th or 7th is not going to cut it for me at this stage,

Really need to win today and i think we will, we generally do well against better oppo's Citeh aside, so see no reason we can't carry on,

Given we've had a extra day to recover and Chavs late and dodgy flight back I'd give us the edge, won't be good for your heart this one but i see us doing them in a hard fought battle..

2-1 Mighty Redmen

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #38: Nov 25, 2017 09:02:42 am
      I hope that they give me plenty of joy for my Birthday but I'm not confident with our defense. We will score but we will concede also :(

Come on Klopp, put Gomez in the centre.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39: Nov 25, 2017 09:28:05 am
      According to those wonderful itk's on twitter today's team could be:
                 Miga
      Gomez. Matip. Lovren. Moreno
                Hendo.  Milner
      Salah.     Couts.      Ox
                  Studge

We will no doubt find out at 4.30
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Nov 25, 2017 09:54:11 am
      I hope that they give me plenty of joy for my Birthday but I'm not confident with our defense. We will score but we will concede also :(

Come on Klopp, put Gomez in the centre.

Many Happy Returns Clint, but if I'm honest the only Return i want to celebrate is a Red's victory..

..but have a great day anyways...
      Happy Birthday  mate 😁

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #41: Nov 25, 2017 10:52:41 am

Many Happy Returns Clint, but if I'm honest the only Return i want to celebrate is a Red's victory..

..but have a great day anyways...
      Happy Birthday  mate 😁

YNWA

Thanks, would be a great present if we win!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #42: Nov 25, 2017 11:28:50 am
      and it's off to the match I go....I love to see the lasses with the red scarfs on, I love to hear the Kopites roar  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

Have a great day everyone, got me thermals on today  :lmao: come on you mighty redmen !!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #43: Nov 25, 2017 11:53:41 am
      and it's off to the match I go....I love to see the lasses with the red scarfs on, I love to hear the Kopites roar  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

Have a great day everyone, got me thermals on today  :lmao: come on you mighty redmen !!

Have fun MsG........to paraphrase The Kaiser Chiefs.....ā€I predict a red routā€

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #44: Nov 25, 2017 12:03:34 pm
      I think it'll either be a stalemate or a plethora of goals for either side. I've gone for us winning 3-2.

Let's hope the Anfield crowd are up for it. I'll be there to roar my head off but the whole ground needs to be rocking for this one after that calamitous second half the other night..
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Nov 25, 2017 12:11:55 pm
      This is a big un. We have to regain last season's form against the big teams and no better place to start than against these hateful hoors.

I think width (and the wide areas) is the key today. Get beyond the three by playing wide and have them uncomfortable by defending facing their own goal.

Mon t'F**k Redmen.

Quick Reply