Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (4.8%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      5 (6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (7.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      61 (73.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Nov 29, 2017 07:33:03 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27905 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Nov 26, 2017 10:43:07 am
      A couple of counter attacks yesterday where they were immediately facing our back 4 highlighted not just how poor positionally Henderson is as a DM but as he was no where to be seen his physical decline.

This is a player who was a machine non stop running, also came out 2nd best against Kante  in the physical battles which is not something that would have happened previously.

I wonder if all those injuries have taken there toll on his body.

BTW that double DM combo of Hendo and Milner more like Laurel and Hardy.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #438: Nov 26, 2017 10:59:46 am
      Another goal for Salah, once again MoM, although seemingly, three points thrown away, with an unfortunate goal. I am not too sure if Mignolet, was entirely to blame, very awkward ball to keep out.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #439: Nov 26, 2017 11:23:33 am

That image sums it up pefectly to near the front post when all players are at back post and to far off his line end of

For me, it was a fluke, yes Migs is sh*t but that was a fluke 100%.

Jammy Cu*ts!!!!
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #440: Nov 26, 2017 11:47:38 am
      Anyone else notice who gave the ball away cheaply for the Chavs to then attack and get the goal? That's right, Mr Captain Fantastic. Didn't notice until I watched it on MOTD, had to rewind it, no idea what the hell he was trying to do, if it was a pass then it was abysmal and if it was an attempt at controlling it then it was abysmal.

Yeah theres a few others Bertie just launching himself into anything in blue in our box when another Klaven hoof went nowhere we were 1 up at the time ,composure isnt a priority when clearing the lines,we were moved about a bit by them pulled one way then the reverse crossfield ball over our last defender who had his own man to mark had another behind him on his todd 4 or 5 times we fell for that, Hazard showing us what we miss , Studge trying to put himself in the window being over elaborate when there were simpler more effective options I thought our team lacked so many things yesterday, I thought Ox was starting to find a niche Milner and Hendo in mid is just so wrong Bobby on the bench was another lulu ,sorry big fella 1-1 was a result for us it could have been a lot worse   
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #441: Nov 26, 2017 12:51:13 pm
      When Hazard started to get involved 2nd half. Why  wasn’t Hendo, or someone else directed by him, shadowing Hazard and limiting his impact on the game.
      Why ?
      Because he hasn’t s clue what the F**k to do during a game to reorganise his troops effectively.
      Average player, piss poor captain !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #442: Nov 26, 2017 12:53:31 pm
      Have criticised Mignolet as much as anyone else on this forum but from what I saw he made a number of very passable saves, the fluke cross that was beyond his fingertips and sailed into his goal was virtually unsaveable.
      The same shots have beaten some of the best keepers in the game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #443: Nov 26, 2017 01:03:31 pm

For me, it was a fluke, yes Migs is sh*t but that was a fluke 100%.

Jammy Cu*ts!!!!

Jammy yes, for sure.
      But, I think Migs is getting away with it a bit here. He said himself didn’t he that he thought it was a cross to the back post. But things is, IMO, even if did end up as a cross then it’s still completely beaten Migs and Chavs has an easy finish at the back post.
      IMO, either way there, the fluke direction of the cross or an actual cross as intended, Migs is well beaten either way.

In his defence though, if Hendo had done his job properly then it wouldn’t have happened in the first place!
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #444: Nov 26, 2017 01:38:00 pm
      Yes, a lot of people blaming Migs but no way he was at fault, they forget he made some good saves in the game!

Can you please name one ?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #445: Nov 26, 2017 01:50:16 pm
      Yes, a lot of people blaming Migs but no way he was at fault, they forget he made some good saves in the game!

He was absolutely 100% at fault for the goal. However, he wasn't the only one:

LFC Stats‏
      @LFCData
      Follow Follow @LFCData
      More
      Jordan Henderson was dribbled past 5 times tonight, more than anyone on the pitch.

He also failed to win a single tackle or aerial duel, or make an interception.

I've no way to check the veracity of the claim but if true, he's becoming a liability now. Not only does he lack the force of personality needed to be a successful Captain but he's doing nothing to justify his place in the side.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #446: Nov 26, 2017 01:58:27 pm
      He was absolutely 100% at fault for the goal. However, he wasn't the only one:

LFC Stats‏
      @LFCData
      Follow Follow @LFCData
      More
      Jordan Henderson was dribbled past 5 times tonight, more than anyone on the pitch.

I've no way to check the veracity of the claim but if true, he's becoming a liability now. Not only does he lack the force of personality needed to be a successful Captain but he's doing nothing to justify his place in the side.

Remember once second half  he squared Kante up and he just strolled round him like he wasnt there and he reminded me of a day old Giraffe trying to catch him. Maybe thats why he plays a 6 legs wont allow him to do box to box
      TorontoRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #447: Nov 26, 2017 02:05:15 pm
      Anyone else notice who gave the ball away cheaply for the Chavs to then attack and get the goal? That's right, Mr Captain Fantastic. Didn't notice until I watched it on MOTD, had to rewind it, no idea what the hell he was trying to do, if it was a pass then it was abysmal and if it was an attempt at controlling it then it was abysmal.

If you watch the few minutes leading to their goal, you'll notice he gave them the ball away another time just a couple minutes before his blunder that lead to the goal. As was the case against Sevilla, Hendo lost all composure when put against pressure. Sure he may be able to pass the ball and attempt to dictate a game when given space, but that's not all a defensive mid is required to do.
      If you ask me , Klopp's tactics were spot on. Migs would have been a hero had he saved the fluke shot. However, I don't feel bad saying that, had we a dominant and composed captain in front of our defense, we would have had 4 more points this week.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #448: Nov 26, 2017 02:12:32 pm

The one from zippo costa coffee, whatever he is called
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #449: Nov 26, 2017 02:12:56 pm
      What i cant understand is to take off your only forward off and replace him with ginni who aint a defencive midfielder thus inviting on the pressure on a team who are very susspect at defending any way
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #450: Nov 26, 2017 02:17:05 pm
      What i cant understand is to take off your only forward off and replace him with ginni who aint a defencive midfielder thus inviting on the pressure on a team who are very susspect at defending any way

It was so he could push Coutinho further forward to play off Salah. Fair enough tactic if Henderson and Milner had been playing well but they weren't.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #451: Nov 26, 2017 02:24:10 pm
      Remember once second half  he squared Kante up and he just strolled round him like he wasnt there and he reminded me of a day old Giraffe trying to catch him. Maybe thats why he plays a 6 legs wont allow him to do box to box

There was another incident where there was a 50/50, but Hendo didn't fancy it. I remember Meireles doing the same and getting absolutely slaughtered by fans and media...

e was absolutely 100% at fault for the goal. However, he wasn't the only one:

LFC Stats‏
      @LFCData
      Follow Follow @LFCData
      More

I think that could have been the Sevilla match? I remember Hendo winning at least 1 aerial duel and a couple of interceptions, or maybe it was picking up loose balls? idk, cba to re-watch the match!
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #452: Nov 26, 2017 02:44:51 pm
      We played quite well, possibly did enough to win.

It was one of those tight games where there was very little between the teams.

Can't blame Migs for ther goal, was just one of those things
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #453: Nov 26, 2017 02:46:09 pm
      The one from zippo costa coffee, whatever he is called

Really? Thought that was as basic as they come. TBF just thought of one off Hazard which wasnt bad but would have been slaughtered if he hadnt. Just think he makes routine saves maybe I expect to much from someone who clearly in the high end bracket of keepers
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #454: Nov 26, 2017 02:52:23 pm
      Would be not better try woodburn or younger mild fielder then milner he pass it now
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #455: Nov 26, 2017 05:22:08 pm
      Thought it was a good game, unlucky with their goal,would of taken it before kick off.Alex o.c got my motm vote.No complaints.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #456: Nov 26, 2017 05:24:30 pm
      Look, at the end of the day we should have won that, we can argue all fookin day whether or not JĂźrgen made the right decisions or not, facts are Migs fu**ed up yet again and Henderson was,  well typically Henderson, one decent game them back to his mediocre best, he even had a hand in their fortunate goal ,
      Had that looping ball been tipped over the bar or had our captain marvel not played that ball we'd all have hard ons for JĂźrgen, he almost pulled it off(no pun intended) regarding his team selection,

I think we all raised a collective eyebrow when the team was announced so let's just think for a minute , too many on here are sharpening the knives when there is absolutely no need, like i said we almost got all 3 pts but for the F**k up at the end.
      Some of you lot need to chill the F**k out !!

YNWA
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #457: Nov 26, 2017 08:31:42 pm
      Sub needed to be made sooner. Saod for about 10 minutes before their goal that they were killing us down the right.

That continued for about 10 minutes before Lallana was on the sideline.

Klopp takes a long time to see a problem and fix it and by the time it was rectified it was 1-1.

If you look at how our defence set up all game. Did you notice how narrow Moreno played and how close he was to Klavan most of the game? He did it from the beginning of the game and it didn't change in the second half, so Klopp didn't see it as a problem or he didn't try to rectify it.

That leads me to believe that we allowed Zappacosta that space on purpose. Just like Chelsea allowed Henderson all the time in the world when he was on the ball, we did the same for Zappacosta to try and deny their midfield runners space through the middle. Moreno playing so narrow also helped with stopping Hazard on multiple occasions.

For all the space he was given, what did he actually do with it? He had one shot from outside the box and as far as I remember, one dangerous cross to Alonso at the back post. Klavan and Matip dealt will all the crosses really well, so the tactic worked.

For comparison, look at how close Gomez defended on Alonso, who is by far the better wingback compared to Zappacosta, yet he wasn't allowed the same space as Zappacosta was given.

We didn't need a change earlier. The complexity of the game only changed when Willian came on. He has far more pace, skills and a better cross than Zappocosta, so he would be able to exploit the space we allowed his teammate. Klopp immediately reacted by wanting to bring on Lallana, to close the halfspace and allow Moreno to play wider again. For some reason the change didn't happen and they scored. Klopp's explanation in his post presser makes perfect sense.

What we may percieve as 'a problem', Klopp may not see it the same way, hence why he didn't change, but wanted to change as soon as Willian came on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #458: Nov 26, 2017 09:59:12 pm
      Thought it was a good game, unlucky with their goal,would of taken it before kick off

Wow, so am I in the minority that expect us to win every game we play, especially at Anfield?

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #459: Nov 26, 2017 10:01:17 pm
      Wow, so am I in the minority that expect us to win every game we play, especially at Anfield?

No, the day i am satisfied with a draw is the day i pop my clogs and get flame grilled

Quick Reply