Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (4.8%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      5 (6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (7.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      61 (73.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Nov 29, 2017 07:33:03 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27506 times
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Chelsea
      Reply #345: Nov 25, 2017 07:30:06 pm
      Did you not see him at the end, trying to get out of Klopp's clutches and giving him a right mouthful. He's not happy. If any top European teams see that his agent is going to be the busiest guy on the planet tonight
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #346: Nov 25, 2017 07:31:00 pm
      Klopp's in game management is almost as sh*te as Henderson's ball management when defending a lead.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #347: Nov 25, 2017 07:31:06 pm
      Thanks Klopp. F**k em. He is a arrogant coach who thinks he is smarter than he really is. WTF? Who in their right mind holds off your best player until the 89th minute? Stupid troglodytes who know nothing about footy know not to do that. His way of coaching is f**king us. Experts who are smarter than us say it, we can brain wash ourselves into not seeing it we want but his arrogance is costing us. Thanks for a chance at 2 more points Klopp. Thanks for not sorting out our defense. Thanks for settling on one keeper. Thanks for bringing in players and not playing them. U are so smart

Ok. You lead the team out in the next game. I don’t expect you to drop a single point.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #348: Nov 25, 2017 07:31:22 pm
      Where did I say anything about Karius?

Stop trying to stir crap once again in a match thread. Is that the only reason you ever post is to troll your own supposed fellow supporters?

eh? That old line again. I'm a troll for defending one of our team?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #349: Nov 25, 2017 07:31:50 pm
      Anyone defending Mignolet need to look again and see his position as it leaves his boot he is nearer the penalty spot than his line . You cant deny it was a fluke but that doesnt detract from his positioning
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #350: Nov 25, 2017 07:31:57 pm
      In all frankness, my confidence and trust on Klopp keeps eroding every week. He kept doing the wrong things week in week out and I'm even now thinking is he the right manager to move us forward. Rafa would have done a much better job with these players and highly likely 1/2 the team will be gone.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #351: Nov 25, 2017 07:32:03 pm
      Goalkeeping experts out in full force I see.

Can you tell me where exactly you wanted him to be then right before the cross (because that's what it was) was taken? As his positioning was the exact same as every other goalkeeper in the world in that situation.

He is anticipating a cross, which he should do in that position. It's a fluke. Unlucky and by no means is he at fault.

DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #352: Nov 25, 2017 07:32:32 pm
      Joe Gomez is the first defender on my team sheet after today’s game.

Yes, thought he played an excellent game. Even when he messed up, his recovery challenges were superb!
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #353: Nov 25, 2017 07:33:28 pm

Can you tell me where exactly you wanted him to be then right before the cross (because that's what it was) was taken? As his positioning was the exact same as every other goalkeeper in the world in that situation.

He is anticipating a cross, which he should do in that position. It's a fluke. Unlucky and by no means is he at fault.

Exactly. Desperate criticism.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #354: Nov 25, 2017 07:33:46 pm
      Klopps in game management is crap, and cost us once again.

It’s costing us big time. And he goes t seem to learn?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #355: Nov 25, 2017 07:33:47 pm
      Flukey goal.

Can't make my mind up if Mig could've saved it or not. Maybe he jumped too soon - one more step back and then jump and he might have got it. Might have. Not gonna dig him out on something I'm not sure about.

Jammy goal for them though, but they had created a few decent chances before that. Gomes rode his luck a few times. Don't  know what he was doing with that header back towards the pen spot that then caused Klavan to panic.

General lack of command from us that last 15 minutes. Couldn't get hold of it and then make them chase, kept giving it back to them. A draw is probably fair.

Jürgen left those last 2 subs very late. Hendo seemed to be struggling with injury late on  (thought he was quite poor 2nd half).
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #356: Nov 25, 2017 07:33:51 pm
      Ok. You lead the team out in the next game. I don’t expect you to drop a single point.

Not saying I’m an expert at any cause. However, I won’t sit Mane until the 89th, and U wouldn’t either.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #357: Nov 25, 2017 07:34:30 pm

He's anticipating a cross?

It WAS a F***ing cross!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #358: Nov 25, 2017 07:35:10 pm
      Another 'lucky' goal against Mignolet eh.

Who would have thought it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #359: Nov 25, 2017 07:35:32 pm
      Oh god, how is that not his fault? It was slow as F**k, plenty of time to react.

https://twitter.com/GoodyCraig/status/934504991741669376
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #360: Nov 25, 2017 07:39:48 pm
      I don't blame Migs for that goal, I can't see how any keeper could get fingers to that as it was a fluke. I mean, everyone who watched that game thought a cross was coming in - so did Migs - and he was in the right position for a cross, but then it's fluked, ends up being a shot, and catches everyone out. That's what happens, that's what a fluke is, there's is nothing you can do about it. I'm more upset that Henderson didn't gather the ball and it went to a Chelsea player - and they scored.

As for Klopp, he's really starting to worry and frustrate me (and Mane). 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #361: Nov 25, 2017 07:40:14 pm
      Well as the saying goes if you don't buy a ticket for the raffle...then Simon Mignolet will hand you the winning one for free.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #362: Nov 25, 2017 07:40:15 pm
      Liverpool dont hold a lead shock

The lovren/moreno/mignolet rota moves on

No surprises
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #363: Nov 25, 2017 07:40:28 pm

You had Lovren last week,
      Moreno midweek and
      Migs today...

Guessing things are back to normal  :roll:... In all honesty looking at the starting line up I was expecting to lose this game and would have taken a draw before the start...So I'm content...Happy...? No ...Content...? yes

Same three again

(+ Hendo )
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #364: Nov 25, 2017 07:42:16 pm
      Thanks Klopp. F**k em. He is a arrogant coach who thinks he is smarter than he really is. WTF? Who in their right mind holds off your best player until the 89th minute? Stupid troglodytes who know nothing about footy know not to do that. His way of coaching is f**king us. Experts who are smarter than us say it, we can brain wash ourselves into not seeing it we want but his arrogance is costing us. Thanks for a chance at 2 more points Klopp. Thanks for not sorting out our defense. Thanks for settling on one keeper. Thanks for bringing in players and not playing them. U are so smart

November 18th
      November 21st
      November 25th
      November 29th

4 games in the space of 11 days. That's why Mane and Firmino didn't play, they need rest. Mane also played for Senegal, need I remind you that he hasn't been back from injury that long? Had Klopp played him and he got injured again, we wouldn't hear the end of it. There also was no reason to bring him on when we were 1-0 up. He wanted to bring on Lallana to add another body to midfield a few minutes before we conceded, but the ball hadn't been out of play to make the substitution. It was only after we condeded that he thought about bringing on Mane, which is why he got so little time. It's not like he planned to bring him on that late in the game, I don't think he planned to play him at all.

He's anticipating a cross?

It WAS a f**king cross!

Yes, because crosses usually end up in the back of the net. Crosses go across goal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #365: Nov 25, 2017 07:42:28 pm
      Simon Mignolet is sh*te.

There's no Zonal Marking angle on this. Yes, the defending coukd be better but he's sh*t and a team with serious aspirations doesn't persist with someone who not only routinely costs you points but someone who rarely saves you any either.

The shot doesn't come in if the midfield isn't invisible. It shouldn't have even got to the stage of Mignolet needing to save it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #366: Nov 25, 2017 07:43:10 pm
      I don't blame Migs for that goal, I can't see how any keeper could get fingers to that as it was a fluke. I mean, everyone who watched that game thought a cross was coming in - so did Migs - and he was in the right position for a cross, but then it's fluked, ends up being a shot, and catches everyone out. That's what happens, that's what a fluke is, there's is nothing you can do about it. I'm more upset that Henderson didn't gather the ball and it went to a Chelsea player - and they scored.

As for Klopp, he's really starting to worry and frustrate me (and Mane). 

It's called reflexes, the ability to react quickly is expected of a top goalkeeper... the ball was slow enough to allow time for him to react.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #367: Nov 25, 2017 07:46:07 pm
      Not saying I’m an expert at any cause. However, I won’t sit Mane until the 89th, and U wouldn’t either.

Fair enough. To be fair I wanted Mane one after we scored.

But I thought your previous comment was a tad emotional. Slightly harsh on Klopp.

Quick Reply