Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match - Stoke V Liverpool - Wed 29th Nov 8.00pm

Read 7242 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Pre Match - Stoke V Liverpool - Wed 29th Nov 8.00pm
      Reply #23: Nov 28, 2017 09:40:16 am
      Coutinho doesn't deserve to start after his last two performances.

Which raises the question is he good enough to play in 3 man midfield against the top teams? I don't think he contributes enough to the defensive side of the game.
      Will be no such issues against Stoke.

Ideal game to rotate Salah and Moreno.

Ward
      TAA
      Matip
      Klavan
      Robertson

Can
      Gini
      Lallana

Mane
      Coutinho
      Firmino
      Bit harsh there mate on Coutinho in particular for the Chavs game he was hounded by Drinkwater and Kante anytime he came to touching the ball.

Anyway we will have too much quality for Stoke here.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #24: Nov 28, 2017 09:47:19 am
      Bit harsh there mate on Coutinho in particular for the Chavs game he was hounded by Drinkwater and Kante anytime he came to touching the ball.

Anyway we will have too much quality for Stoke here.

Not really mate I don't see Coutinho as a CM, I think his best position is further forward.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #25: Nov 28, 2017 10:38:56 am
      Strongest team possible, must get back to winning ways , after a couple of draws. 3  1 win for the Reds !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Nov 28, 2017 10:39:53 am
      Yeah to be honest my gut feel was Klavan but as I wrote it down I just kept seeing him trying to clear it like a demented squid kicking it at his own players in the box on Saturday

So I thought, why not, let's see someone else defend like a drain this week instead

It is a good side, however, id still drop the 'demented squid' and put in the rock solid 'Rock fish' that is Joe Gomez, we all know how these slippery eels the Stokies can be ,especially that big conger Crouch he's always up for biting our arses,
      I don't think that wee sprat Allen or his pedigree chum's will cause too much concern they are currently bottom table feeders and struggling to reach anywhere near the surface.....anyhoo, this is my pod for our attacking fish head potter's....

Karius
           Trent   Matip  Gomez  Robertson
                             Henderson
                    Gini                  Coutinho
                Salah       Firmino     Mane

Bench;   Migs, Klavan, Can, Lallana, Ox, Sturridge, Solanke

1-3 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27: Nov 28, 2017 11:53:44 am
      Not really mate I don't see Coutinho as a CM, I think his best position is further forward.

Yeah, I just find it ridiculous that he has to drop so deep to collect the ball, and further more, having to cover defensively when Hendo or Wijnaldum/Can breaks forward. I just don't think the #8 role suits him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #28: Nov 28, 2017 12:34:20 pm
      Yeah, I just find it ridiculous that he has to drop so deep to collect the ball, and further more, having to cover defensively when Hendo or Wijnaldum/Can breaks forward. I just don't think the #8 role suits him.

We have severely missed Lallana the only midfielder we have who can play between the lines.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #29: Nov 28, 2017 12:46:19 pm
      he was hounded by Drinkwater and Kante anytime he came to touching the ball.

You mean like Hazard should have been by Hendo  :f_whistle:

Sorry wrong thread.

Be happy to see hendo chase Shaqiri around and nullify him. Probably their greatest threat. Also, I can't think why Robo isn't given an occasional run out. Hasn't done much wrong when he has had a chance, and he does put a sweet cross in doesn't he.
      Wouldn't hurt to rest Moreno rather than drop him, won't damage his confidence then  :roll:
      With Couts not showing the best of form lately, and Can, if they are deffo on the move at the end of season, we should be slowly squeezing them out. Get used to playing without them. This is an ideal game for that, especially as everyone else is pretty much fit and available.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #30: Nov 28, 2017 12:48:26 pm
      Have to be winning this, Stoke are fairly terrible at the moment so as long as we can defend reasonably well then we should be able to score plenty against them. I'll go with 3-1 to us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #31: Nov 28, 2017 12:52:01 pm
      Karius
           Trent   Matip  Gomez  Robertson
                             Henderson
                    Gini                  Coutinho
                Salah       Firmino     Mane

Good shout there Billy. I like that, but i'd go with Lallana or Ox instead of Couts. Get used to being without him as he's on the move anyway. Not been showing great form of late either.  Posted 3-1 earlier, but I've gone 3-0 in the predictions. Gotta get back in the prem, and don't really see them scoring to be fair.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #32: Nov 28, 2017 01:08:23 pm
      Coutinho doesn't deserve to start after his last two performances.

Which raises the question is he good enough to play in 3 man midfield against the top teams? I don't think he contributes enough to the defensive side of the game.
      Will be no such issues against Stoke.

Agreed. Been saying it for weeks that he's a liability in midfield in our setup.

Ideally I'd start Lallana instead of Chamberlain, but I think Klopp is easing him in and getting him ready to start in the game against Spartak Moskou. Chamberlain is closest to what we have in Lallana I think.

Henderson could do with a rest, looked leggy. Time for Can to show us what he can do.
      Salah was given rest during the international break, he should be fine.
      Firmino, Wijnaldum and Mane all to come in after being rested this weekend.

Think I predicted 1-3.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #33: Nov 28, 2017 01:43:07 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #34: Nov 28, 2017 06:26:51 pm
      Good shout there Billy. I like that, but i'd go with Lallana or Ox instead of Couts. Get used to being without him as he's on the move anyway. Not been showing great form of late either.  Posted 3-1 earlier, but I've gone 3-0 in the predictions. Gotta get back in the prem, and don't really see them scoring to be fair.

Cheers N Beers mate , i think its too early yet for Lallana but i see where your at regards Phil, I'll be honest i think there's still a chance he will stay but it is slim , if he indeed decides to go i think Jürgen will replace him with someone of a similar ilk,

I think the Ox will have to settle for coming off the bench unless god forbid Mane or Mo get crocked, Yikes, hope to F**k not !!

Agree tho that we will do these fuckers 1-3 , I'd settle for a scrappy 0-1 tho 😉

YNWA

Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #35: Nov 28, 2017 08:37:34 pm
      By my reckoning the tag team F**k up of the week is back to Lovren - so as long as he only has an absolute nightmare we could scrape this 4-3
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: Nov 28, 2017 09:49:00 pm
      Would expect to see Salah, Moreno and Coutinho rested for the match and Adam starting with Can and Gini midfield; Ox up top with Bobby & Mane, Robertson in the back 4.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #37: Nov 28, 2017 09:55:20 pm
      By my reckoning the tag team f**k up of the week is back to Lovren - so as long as he only has an absolute nightmare we could scrape this 4-3

We'd need to count on a miracle if one of Mignolet, Lovren and possibly Moreno is to not F**k up for us. The real sad thing about it all is that it's more likely that all three will F**k up rather than none of them F***ing up. If they do succeed, then I'm sure Emre Can will have something to say like give away a stupid corner, free kick or penalty that will let them in.

But I'm holding out hope that tomorrow night just MIGHT be that night for no F**k ups.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #38: Nov 28, 2017 10:04:44 pm
      Well we need to stamp our superiority on this from the start.
      Don’t let them have a peep at our goal.
      Need to win even more now the wheels are coming off the mighty side of the season spuds.😂😂😂
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #39: Nov 28, 2017 10:22:25 pm
      We need win these because gap between  utd Chelsea win tommory we two games these Brighton away 6 points any less is poor
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Nov 28, 2017 10:36:52 pm
      Well we need to stamp our superiority on this from the start.
      Don’t let them have a peep at our goal.
      Need to win even more now the wheels are coming off the mighty side of the season spuds.😂😂😂

We need to close the gap with WIN

coyr
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Nov 28, 2017 10:37:14 pm
      Reading between the lines on Klopp's rotation comments today, I think he will go with his first choice group on Wednesday and then rest Phil and Mo this week at Brighton.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #42: Nov 29, 2017 03:58:07 am
      Would expect to see Salah, Moreno and Coutinho rested for the match and Adam starting with Can and Gini midfield; Ox up top with Bobby & Mane, Robertson in the back 4.

Robertson? Robertson? Who he? I thought we only had Moreno and Milner as left backs. ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #43: Nov 29, 2017 08:31:14 am
      Just F***ing win
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44: Nov 29, 2017 11:52:41 am
      Can our 11 answer the question...

Can they do it on a cold winter night at Stoke?

Going to F***ing find out tonight.. ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #45: Nov 29, 2017 12:24:19 pm
      Despite the call to rest one or two players, with a busy December fixture list ahead. I would still play the strongest side, including Salah. Need to push back up, the  league. Especially with the Spuds seemingly failing, after their European exploits.

Quick Reply